• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2019 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser29726

You mean 18 tiles, not 9 don't you? The train cars are 2x3, not 1x3. For this comparison 5 Freight Cars takes 30 spaces (no roads) and gives 25 goods, while 3 Sleigh Builders (with 2 roads each) take 30 spaces and give 45 goods. On good days when the Blue Galaxy doubles the output you would get a few more goods, but on average you would still be behind. That is the reasoning behind only going after the Sleeping Car.

I've come to the conclusion the logic behind the train cars is to be used for their happiness in whatever quantity you want. Recently there's been an uproar over event buildings giving too much population and people not having enough happiness - train cars offer an opportunity to gain as much event happiness as you like. Now I'm in agreement, the sleeper car is by far the best of them, but there are people who feel they make 'more than enough' FP, and may want dining or freight cars as such even if they are worse in the second effect than other buildings.

When it comes to the freight car and comparison to sleighbuilder: yes the sleighbuilder makes more (15 goods in 7 squares instead of 5 goods in 6), but the sleighbuilder offers no happiness, so there is a niche case for 'needs the happiness, prefers 5 goods to 2 FP'. In general buildings that make goods don't also provide significant happiness so there is no 'strictly better' building.

When it comes to the dining car: 1) it's a constant attack boost - this tends to mean it's targeted at lower age players; variable attack boost buildings tend to be better for high age. In comparison to the sakura rock, the extra set pieces pull the rock's attack bonus down. 2) In comparison to the Elephant Fountain set, which I've been using for 2 years for attack boost + happiness, the dining car is ahead even in Mars (though I'm still planning to keep my fountain sets). In comparison to the Botanical Rotunda, the Rotunda is better for boost in PME plus, and tied for boost in Industrial through modern. The Dining Car is better for boost pre-Industrial. The Rotunda was also originally a once-off prize, and multiple have to come from the antiques auction making it very hard for most people to stock up on them. The winner's plaza is worse than the dining car. Other attack buildings don't double as happiness buildings. There is definitely a case to be made for running dining cars if you need cars for happiness and would prefer boost to FP.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I've come to the conclusion the logic behind the train cars is to be used for their happiness in whatever quantity you want.
Interesting food for thought. Happiness has been such a non-issue for me for so long that I tend to overlook it all together, just like coins and supplies.

DeletedUser36552

Hi. I heard a rumor tonight that the next daily will be the wishing well -- if true, 1) that would be a huge break from the beta event where there were a good number of days to work on the event before wishing wells were offered. 2) it would also be a huge disappointment to players who have noticed that wells have been offered in the first few days of events now for several events in a row, and that only one daily in those events was a well, hamstringing any players who were hoping to earn wishing wells through the events.

I have friends in FoE who told me prior to this event that they were not even going to bother playing the event in more than one or two worlds because this trend has so much discouraged them. And when I saw in the beta event that the well was presented closer to the middle of the winter event, i let them each know.

I understand that live event dailies do not as a rule follow beta events. but in any case, my own disappointment upon hearing this rumor brought me here to leave a comment. if the wells do appear as the next daily, i can only hope there will be a second day of them, as there used to be in events last year. otherwise, i will likely end up joining those who only play future events on a handful of worlds.

DeletedUser29726

Hi. I heard a rumor tonight that the next daily will be the wishing well -- if true, 1) that would be a huge break from the beta event where there were a good number of days to work on the event before wishing wells were offered. 2) it would also be a huge disappointment to players who have noticed that wells have been offered in the first few days of events now for several events in a row, and that only one daily in those events was a well, hamstringing any players who were hoping to earn wishing wells through the events.

I have friends in FoE who told me prior to this event that they were not even going to bother playing the event in more than one or two worlds because this trend has so much discouraged them. And when I saw in the beta event that the well was presented closer to the middle of the winter event, i let them each know.

I understand that live event dailies do not as a rule follow beta events. but in any case, my own disappointment upon hearing this rumor brought me here to leave a comment. if the wells do appear as the next daily, i can only hope there will be a second day of them, as there used to be in events last year. otherwise, i will likely end up joining those who only play future events on a handful of worlds.

It's posted on the wiki, so likely it's from information from servers in other timezones. Wishing Wells being early in an event's run was in fact very normal for a long time; recently they'd seemed to make them easier to obtain. The main interest in them is in obtaining them for off-worlds for the purpose of making diamonds, so Inno does have a vested interest in that bias. At least now there's also a shrink kit day to look forward to for later for people who want to make diamond mines.

DeletedUser36552

It's posted on the wiki, so likely it's from information from servers in other timezones. Wishing Wells being early in an event's run was in fact very normal for a long time; recently they'd seemed to make them easier to obtain...
Thanks -- But surely it pleases Inno to have those of us who play multiple worlds do so in earnest throughout an event. During Archaeology 2019 I literally ran out of waking hours in which to dig for wells. And to be able to have that many attempts, I had to play all those worlds at quite a clip. That is much more activity than when I am simply visiting worlds to harvest them.

That said, I do appreciate your reply. Lets me know I was very fortunate in terms of when I started my mining colonies.

RazorbackPirate

Thanks -- But surely it pleases Inno to have those of us who play multiple worlds do so in earnest throughout an event. During Archaeology 2019 I literally ran out of waking hours in which to dig for wells. And to be able to have that many attempts, I had to play all those worlds at quite a clip. That is much more activity than when I am simply visiting worlds to harvest them.
While it may please Inno you play multiple worlds and it may even please Inno that you have to play the events 'at quite a clip', it doesn't please Inno that you don't buy diamonds, because purchased diamonds pay the bills.

With the Crow's Nest and now GBG, Inno is making free diamonds easier to obtain than ever, over and above just WWs.

DeletedUser30312

I plan to put it somewhere on the edge of the map, then have a single road tile T into the engine. We'll see, but I don't expect it to be too difficult to place.

Yeah, that's the best approach, and that'll probably be what I do with it if I decide to build it. But I like square buildings better than the long rectangular ones because they're easier to place with the game's lack of building rotation. Long buildings need to be worth the space they're taking up.

Wishing Wells? I managed to snag one in each of my two Well farms today with only 110 stars in both to play with. That's decent for the Winter Event.

DeletedUser30312

So 28 cars is the most that can be stretched across the city? Good to know, I was just about to check out the numbers myself.

Been checking the numbers, and the Charcoal Express is much much better than the Pirate Ship. I might replace my ship with the Train at the end of the event.

Super Catanian

Completed my goal with about 60,000 diamonds: One maximum-length train (28 cars).

View attachment 14485

The $200 diamond pack may be pricy, but I imagine a model train hobby can cost a lot more than that so it's not too bad!
Literally everyone's reaction:
shock.jpg

Then there's mine as well...
jabhfsv5jtrz.jpg

DeletedUser41065

Completed my goal with about 60,000 diamonds: One maximum-length train (28 cars).
The $200 diamond pack may be pricy, but I imagine a model train hobby can cost a lot more than that so it's not too bad!
Is that in beta?
I don't see a 60 000 diamonds pack in the official servers.
Regards

DeletedUser41065

Uhm yes, but on beta or US official, because in the US official shop the biggest package I see is 29 000 diamonds.
The biggest package on the beta server though is 51 000 diamonds.
So I am wondering am I somehow restricted of seeing the biggest diamond package on the official US server.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.