• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.197

Agent327

So to the one that said it was "intentional" (yes, you, forum moderator, the person who is part of the FoE team) that said it was not a bug on a report I made, kindly explain on how both mobile and browser version are the same (version) and yet on mobile, this "intention" didn't happen as it does on the browser.

On the mobile, I can set up productions and it won't zoom in like it did on the browser version by using the "same" feature. Is Inno trying to push many players to go on the mobile so they can once and for all kill off the browser version? (Only way I see of it since majority of game developers are ax-ing their PC and browser games to cater to the mobile market).

Curious minds would like to know. I will leave this here (version info for the browser and mobile).

Browser and app do not work in the same way.

Browser and app do not work in the same way.
And, yet, to alleviate the frustrations (and not the see the zoom-in or "jostling" that might be unsettling for those with medical problems, as in seizures) and have a work around to this "bug", many people are taking to the mobile version for their production/goods setup (the same manner they took if they wanted to purchase a full bar of forge points rapidly that the browser version takes a long time to fill).

While I missed what another had said when it comes to the mobile version versus the desktop version, one thing was evident: even though it moved from production/goods building to the next in the mobile version, in the end it didn't come with the annoying "zoom in" that many players are despising to this day.

Agent327

And, yet, to alleviate the frustrations (and not the see the zoom-in or "jostling" that might be unsettling for those with medical problems, as in seizures) and have a work around to this "bug", many people are taking to the mobile version for their production/goods setup (the same manner they took if they wanted to purchase a full bar of forge points rapidly that the browser version takes a long time to fill).

While I missed what another had said when it comes to the mobile version versus the desktop version, one thing was evident: even though it moved from production/goods building to the next in the mobile version, in the end it didn't come with the annoying "zoom in" that many players are despising to this day.

Yes and people move to the PC for other reasons. They pick the best of both worlds. It has always been like that.

Fact is, devs have clearly stated it is intended behaviour. Is there a chance they will change it as a result of the feedback? Ofcourse there is, but it isn't a bug, so it will not be fixed as a bug.

Vger

Fact is, devs have clearly stated it is intended behaviour. Is there a chance they will change it as a result of the feedback? Ofcourse there is, but it isn't a bug, so it will not be fixed as a bug

Actually, it is a bug. We tend to think of bugs as mistakes made by programmers when the software doesn't do what it is supposed to do.
But bugs can be introduced anywhere in the software development life cycle. Ask anyone who does software dev for a living.

Lots of definitions of what a bug actually is out there, but this one nails it: (can't quote my source, not allowed here)
What is a Bug/Defect?
A defect is an error or bug in an application that is created during building or designing software and due to which software starts to show abnormal behaviors during its use.

Calling it intended behavior is a cop out. It's a bug that was introduced in the design phase. The devs did what they were told. The game designers introduced this bug. And it is clear that basically everyone agrees the result of this design bug is abnormal (and undesirable) behavior.

Design time bugs are usually caught during the user acceptance testing phase of software development. INNO failed here as well. They did an A/B test on beta, which is good practice. But that appears to have failed for unknown reasons. Once released, the beta community was as quick to complain as everyone else.

So my feedback to INNO, beyond my already stated opinion about the zoom issue, is you should have a look at your SDLC and figure out how it broke down so badly here. Do a post-mortem.

It also wouldn't hurt to be a bit more proactive in your response to users. The zoom thing is an obvious 100% fail, but all that has been stated by people who represent INNO is the intended behavior cop out, or that you can work around it by turning off your device. That is also a bug, on the part of the CS/PR team.

Last edited:

Zatrikon

My take on it is that it groups multi-production buildings separately from regular supply production buildings. The regular supply production buildings seem to all get done on the same cycle. I think it then separates all multi-production buildings by what they provide for each cycle. So, for example, if two multi-production buildings have the same 6 resources in the same slots of the 6 production cycles, they would be grouped together. Any difference in the 6 resources or their slots in the 6 cycles puts them in a separate grouping. This is educated guessing based on my own experience and comments here. Researched goods buildings would all be grouped together because they all provide the same number of goods on the same cycles. So maybe it's not the type of resources the production buildings are grouped by, but the number of resources provided by the various cycles. That actually makes more sense, now that I think about it. I don't personally have much trouble with that because I have very few multi-production buildings.

EDIT: On third thought, it must be by type of resource. If it was by number of resource per cycle, the regular production buildings would not all be grouped together.
This is not the case. As far as I can tell, it groups all Event production buildings into one group, and all regular "single age" production buildings in another group. It doesn't have anything to do with whether the building only produces Supplies, or whether it can product a variety of things. The Reindeer Paddock, for example that many people have mentioned, only produces Supplies, as does the Confectionery (including Large & Huge Confectioneries), the Beach Bar, and the Fan Shop. But these are all included in the same group with Santa's Workshop, the Sunken Treasure, the Magnum Opus, and the various sizes pf Cider Mill, which produce Coins, Supplies, Goods, Medals, Guild Power, and Forge Points. But all the "regular" Production Buildings, from the Hunter to the Space Food Farm, are in a separate group, which includes all the Premium Production Buildings, from the Domestication Pen to the Universe Data Telescope.

Johnny B. Goode

This is not the case. As far as I can tell, it groups all Event production buildings into one group, and all regular "single age" production buildings in another group. It doesn't have anything to do with whether the building only produces Supplies, or whether it can product a variety of things. The Reindeer Paddock, for example that many people have mentioned, only produces Supplies, as does the Confectionery (including Large & Huge Confectioneries), the Beach Bar, and the Fan Shop. But these are all included in the same group with Santa's Workshop, the Sunken Treasure, the Magnum Opus, and the various sizes pf Cider Mill, which produce Coins, Supplies, Goods, Medals, Guild Power, and Forge Points. But all the "regular" Production Buildings, from the Hunter to the Space Food Farm, are in a separate group, which includes all the Premium Production Buildings, from the Domestication Pen to the Universe Data Telescope.
You may be right. I was just making an educated guess based on what others had posted about how their buildings were being grouped. I personally don't use many multi-production or event production buildings. The only ones I have in any of my cities right now are some Arenas of Victors in most of my Bronze Age cities that I got in the latest event. Once those cities unlock Military Tactics, those multi-production buildings will be stored pending being sold in the Antiques Dealer. Other event buildings and GBs provide goods and FPs that can't be plundered, so I mostly don't bother with multi-production buildings past Iron Age.

And, yet, to alleviate the frustrations (and not the see the zoom-in or "jostling" that might be unsettling for those with medical problems, as in seizures) and have a work around to this "bug", many people are taking to the mobile version for their production/goods setup
I would like to know if Inno plans to have some sort of workaround or fix for those of us with medical problems and no access to a mobile version of the game? Even saying they are in the process but it may take a while would be nice,

Sparky984

Several days into this new update and I still can't see an advantage or benefit to this zoom feature. Several of my guildies have production buildings in the middle of their city and they have to scroll way over to one edge to be able to zoom back after this new "upgrade". Really wish that didn't exist.

ArianX

Love the production improvement, would be nice if it didn't zoom in, but really appreciate not having to hop from building to building to start a production when you get those finish 83 5 minute. Thank you.

Csernya

MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT SERVES NO PURPOSE, MAKE IT STOP!!!!!! I thought the bouncing quests were bad (and still have to close my eyes and count to repeat a quest because the bounce makes me nauseated). But this is like playing in a bouncy house. I was so sick after trying to reset my 30 SBs and other buildings I had to go to bed and missed the last chance to use my footballs so I didn't get to finish the event. Thanks a lot. And my production times are not the same for all my buildings, so I lost 24-hr productions and the quests that I do for those. And it took 2 days to get my buildings back in sync. Why do we have to play a war game WITH KIDDIE ANIMATIONS????? No one wants this zoom crap. MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot n Nasty

I hate the new move and zoom. AND, I also HATE the way it scrolls through my production buildings. I have 4 markets and 6 blacksmiths. I click on a market, set it, scroll through ALL SIX BLACKSMITHS, come to 2 more markets and set them, and then have to scroll through ALL SIX BLACKSMITHS a second time to FINALLY get to my fourth market. Since I lose more in production from blacksmiths being motivated instead of markets, I don't set them except during events. If one is setting hourly productions, THIS IS MISERABLE to do over and over and over. I do like the feature for goods buildings. And I still hate the move and zoom at the end. If I try to click a market, set it, close the box for each market instead, I am moving and zooming all over my city. Ugh. Thank you.

KevinP0208

I hate the new move and zoom. AND, I also HATE the way it scrolls through my production buildings. I have 4 markets and 6 blacksmiths. I click on a market, set it, scroll through ALL SIX BLACKSMITHS, come to 2 more markets and set them, and then have to scroll through ALL SIX BLACKSMITHS a second time to FINALLY get to my fourth market. Since I lose more in production from blacksmiths being motivated instead of markets, I don't set them except during events. If one is setting hourly productions, THIS IS MISERABLE to do over and over and over. I do like the feature for goods buildings. And I still hate the move and zoom at the end. If I try to click a market, set it, close the box for each market instead, I am moving and zooming all over my city. Ugh. Thank you.
I have noticed that the update's scroll priority is to get from worst building to best. I did find a way to counter the update, which was just to deal with it. Think optimistic, and you'll notice that it will actually save some time. At least thinking positive will be better than keep staying angry at something that you can't really do much right now. Inno got the message, now let's try to be happy by thinking optimistic :D

CaptainKirk1234

I have noticed that the update's scroll priority is to get from worst building to best. I did find a way to counter the update, which was just to deal with it. Think optimistic, and you'll notice that it will actually save some time. At least thinking positive will be better than keep staying angry at something that you can't really do much right now. Inno got the message, now let's try to be happy by thinking optimistic :D
You have to admit that what is the point of the zoom, and cant it stay all in 1 type of production before moving to the next?