• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Thank you for your guide, I got 4 hover tanks in InA!!! I have 7 tech left. I can probably move to arctic future in InA, but won’t make it to oceanic future with this 7 techs. Hover tank help me a lot, but still damage pretty quickly with my 300/250 boosts. I heard in PE it works better. How significant the difference is, is it worth to move up?

UBERhelp1

Thank you for your guide, I got 4 hover tanks in InA!!! I have 7 tech left. I can probably move to arctic future in InA, but won’t make it to oceanic future with this 7 techs. Hover tank help me a lot, but still damage pretty quickly with my 300/250 boosts. I heard in PE it works better. How significant the difference is, is it worth to move up?
I can't really speak for what the actual experience is like as I never was able to try it myself. But the difference is that in PE, there are no units with the Blast ability, which ignores stealth.

xivarmy

Turturrets are better in industrial - turturrets look to exploit extreme range and the slowness of the indy units on the scaled-battlefield to destroy everything before taking a hit - you're best off using all 4 turturrets and less rogues - possibly supplemented with 2 rail guns or 4 indy artillery at times. Lancers + Jaegers are the limiting factors. But until the enemy has ridiculously high boost you can overcome them. Manual battles are capable of flawless victories even into some damn high boosts.

Hovers are better in PE. Hovers look to exploit decent range, easy stealth, and rogues. You're somewhat more likely to take scratches from a battle in indy than PE in my experience ; at low-ish boost (~200%) on full auto I usually have to take a heal-break around 40-50 attrition in indy while I could go to 60-70. Where in PE I could usually go to 60-70 directly. But either is easy enough for GE.

UBERhelp1

There are no units above OF that can be won before you reach their age as far as has been seen. All story from VF on is immediately age-gated at the start of the age it pertains to.
To build on this, anyone that says otherwise is lying to you. I've had to deal with some edited screenshots, just know there's no units above OF

Two more questions:
1. Do we really need Arctic Orangery after getting Hover tank? It seems not useful against InA or PE troops because it only works with units of same age.
2. Can we go back to take InA and CE maps and complete them all by fighting to get the expansions?

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Two more questions:
1. Do we really need Arctic Orangery after getting Hover tank? It seems not useful against InA or PE troops because it only works with units of same age.
2. Can we go back to take InA and CE maps and complete them all by fighting to get the expansions?
1. Not really, but it may be useful once you do decide to age up.
2. Yes, but it can take the story quests back to the CE map and that means that you won't get any more higher age units until you reach CE. So if you have everything you want, go for it. Otherwise you might be stuck later on.

1. Not really, but it may be useful once you do decide to age up.
2. Yes, but it can take the story quests back to the CE map and that means that you won't get any more higher age units until you reach CE. So if you have everything you want, go for it. Otherwise you might be stuck later on.
What about InA map, is it safe? I saw two expansions there :)

Ben Trovato

Two more questions:

Large numbers of battles in battlegrounds will see your hovers slowly eroded, leaving you a choice between taking a break and healing with diamonds. Starting out with same age battles and moving on to higher age units when attrition reaches the limit gives you a greater level of endurance. AO is also useful for playing GvG.

Ben Trovato

If you are in PME or CE and you want to skip the CE blocker (it's a way down the CE tech tree), but still do the TE quests to get Stealth tanks, can you use the old mechanism of leaving the two provinces untouched in CE, also Vilabaja and Bagatai untouched in TE, but just take the map as far as scouting Rio Roxo, before moving into the CE storyline from PME? Will that move you to "Meet Miguel Mantos" when you scout Salfah?

xivarmy

If you are in PME or CE and you want to skip the CE blocker (it's a way down the CE tech tree), but still do the TE quests to get Stealth tanks, can you use the old mechanism of leaving the two provinces untouched in CE, also Vilabaja and Bagatai untouched in TE, but just take the map as far as scouting Rio Roxo, before moving into the CE storyline from PME? Will that move you to "Meet Miguel Mantos" when you scout Salfah?
As long as you don't finish Rio Roxo, you'll be fine. Yes the mechanism where you have to scout the CE province to finish the map doesn't interfere.

FluffyPhoenix

Today marks the one year anniversary of my stupid experiment that led nothing but a screenshot of a really long scouting time for one of the first provinces. I'm soon coming up on hovers (I think) in there, so that'll be that--another Indy city with hovers and turts later.

jeffj2

I achieved hovers and other higher-age troops as a result of the good guide and great help here. Then per the guide I got tech-blocked (Produce 10 Crayfish), while on the Oceanic map. There are 2 or 3 more expansions in Oceanic (I'm on the Behemoth tile). I would like to finish the Oceanic map. Is there any reason to wait? I'm still in Progressive and kicking GBG booty with the hovers.

UBERhelp1

I achieved hovers and other higher-age troops as a result of the good guide and great help here. Then per the guide I got tech-blocked (Produce 10 Crayfish), while on the Oceanic map. There are 2 or 3 more expansions in Oceanic (I'm on the Behemoth tile). I would like to finish the Oceanic map. Is there any reason to wait? I'm still in Progressive and kicking GBG booty with the hovers.
Nope. Go for it! Once you reach the end and get all the troops, you can push as far as you want. You'll probably be able to reach up to SAM-ish with hovers, possibly further with turturrets if you're careful. Get all those expansions!

jeffj2

Nope. Go for it! Once you reach the end and get all the troops, you can push as far as you want. You'll probably be able to reach up to SAM-ish with hovers, possibly further with turturrets if you're careful. Get all those expansions!
Thank you Uberhelp1, for the help you provided before, and for this definitive answer as well. Much appreciated.
Going after some expansions now! Thanks!