• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.40 - Feedback

DeletedUser6277

I'm not sure about this feature but am leaning "negative" due to its inflexibility. Polish a 1X decoration before motivating a production building? That doesn't make any sense and is hurting my game play. It is true, more people are Mo/Po my city now but there is now less utility as the right things aren't being Mo/Po'ed. Only strategy that might work is to delay collecting my coins or other finished buildings in hope system forces next automatic "aider" to motivate production buildings requiring motivation but I'm not sure this is working as, despite more Mo/Po activity, my most important production buildings are being motivated.

There may be a glitch as the automated "aid" button indicates there is something available to Mo/Po but when I enter the city, both the manual Polish and Motive buttons are grey, I can't do anything to the city. I think I may be wasting a Mo/Po effort when selecting the automatic Aid button.

DeletedUser10517

When I read this I just HAD to laugh... I can not believe you are actually asking for your money back LOL. If your decos were NOT giving out the happiness they were meant to give, then I could understand it... but this is not the case, your decos are NOT broken, they are still working fine, doing what you paid for them to do. You are asking for your money back because people are polishing them? They are STILL working, actually better now when polished they give MORE happiness. Seriously, would you go into a store and buy a lamp, take it home, plug it in and use it... then let's say a few people give you more lamps, would you really take that first lamp back to the store and demand your money back for it because NOW you have more light than you need, from others giving you more lamps? If it bothers you soooo much, then think about changing friends, or something. Find friends who feel the same as you, who don't want to use the button or have it used on them...

I think you miss the point.

A lot of people will buy a cultural building to provide a lot of happiness in the town so that they NEVER need polishing.
I, for example, have diamond bought culturals so polishing is not necessary.

Before......people would read the descriptions and honour requests (mostly) and they would Mo/Po my supplies and my coins, where I need it.

Now, however, all those diamond buildings are taking polishes that I do not need. Had I known that this would happen, I might have used my diamonds to buy Supply buildings instead, because theses are being motivated last.

I, and others, feel that we have spent diamonds when we didnt need to.......the advantage it gave has been lost. All we get now is LOTS of happiness we dont need because our towns were already balanced.

Yes, the buildings are still doing what we want them to do.....but they are now taking away some of the Mo/Pos off our other buildings.

Its a shambles, really.

DeletedUser

I think you miss the point.

Nope. We got her point. Drama. Exaggeration. Immaturity. Nothing helpful.

Are you not seeing an increase in MP? I sure have. So once some decos get hit it's on to bigger and better items. With the increase in traffic I'm still ahead even with deco polishing. Too many people lose their mind if a deco gets polished. I don't care if my decos get polished but even I removed some that were sitting there doing nothing so AID gets to my buildings faster. It's not a perfect system but it's not the devil either as some drama queens would claim.

lemonwedgie

Some love to focus on the negatives, rather than the positives. And thats their right.

Yep, I have had dec's polished, yep all my houses motivated but not all my supplies and I would have preferred that the other way around but ho hum .... although on the bright side I have never collected so much coin! Waaaay too much polishing so, I removed a couple of buildings and created ... wait for it .... SPACE! Wow, extra space can be so hard to come by in this game .... if someone is fully motivated and polished it doesn't indicate so its a lost click ....

But what I am looking at is my event log of m/ps went from an average of 3-4 pages/24hrs to 13 pages/24hrs. Even if it scales back after the novelty has worn off it will still be more than what I was getting.

DeletedUser10517

Another aspect of the Aid button that is interferring in the game is as a guild, we naturally progress. BUt, not everyone has all the blueprints for the bronze age items etc

So to facilitate, we put flowers etc into our towns to help our guildmates out. But.....when our guildmates come to polish them, theyve already been done because of the Aid button.

Putting more flowers in only means more people will polish them.

The Aid button isnt just a simple case of "Here you go, this will help" it has many knock on negative effects.

DeletedUser

Not to mention: A deco (or a cultural, for that matter...) polished needlessly means a Production-building or house NOT protected from plunder...
In a plunder-rich hood that means actual LOSS through mis-pm-ing.

And I've penned down my issues with the Hardware-Decelleration in the bugs-forum.

DeletedUser

Not to mention: A deco (or a cultural, for that matter...) polished needlessly means a Production-building or house NOT protected from plunder...
In a plunder-rich hood that means actual LOSS through mis-pm-ing.

And I've penned down my issues with the Hardware-Decelleration in the bugs-forum.

Actually some of the people I usually plunder everyday, are invulnerable to plundering now due to the high rate of m/ping :(

DeletedUser

I hate the aid button. Just polishes my bushes. I don't need polish. Irritating as all get out.

DeletedUser7289

So far I'm getting 7 or 8 pages of MP daily on all 4 worlds I play on. Before the aid button, I really couldn't MP everybody (150 - 200 cities ea. on 4 worlds @ 1 min. ea. = a full day to MP), but now I can 'aid' everyone. So even though some MP's don't hit where I wish they would, I'm still way ahead overall.

DeletedUser9327

HA, I have a good computer and it is causing minor issues I can only imagine for those who do not have a good/separate graphics card to help out.

Treasure hunt is a fun new small feature, small enough that many see it as a nascence. I like the idea of the option to hide it like you used to be able to turn off HA.

In relation to aid, diamond buildings should have a toggle switch to give them top normal or low priority. Not having that takes away most of the value people believed they were buying at the time (such as not ever needing a polish.) Then we can talk about the priority switch on regular building, make it a premium upgrade feature for any building. If the price is right it will become one of the most common features people buy.

DeletedUser14186

I think the way the aid function works is SoK/TD/Oasis first, then it randomly chooses motivate or polish (assuming both are available), then randomly chooses from the highest age, which means outdated decorations may get polished before current age houses/supplies.

DeletedUser10806

Sounds about right - I think quite a few people will spend the weekend rearranging and reorganizing their cities

DeletedUser

HA, I have a good computer and it is causing minor issues I can only imagine for those who do not have a good/separate graphics card to help out.

When a SINGLE web-game causes these problems, where other webgames don't, it's NOT the player's computer that's lacking.
It's shoddy programming on the company's end.

DeletedUser10517

I came on this morning to a mass of houses motivated, my decs polished, and my diamond production buildings (Tailors)
UNtouched!!

I dont care that there may be more people Mo/Po'ing. I am getting things Mo/Po that I dont want doing and the things I do want doing are being ignored because noone is bothering to manually do it now.

I cant have less houses.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9732

On the subject of HA and performance - I had to wait a couple days to make sure, but it looks like the game no longer crashes, or crashes the flash plugin, like it was doing. One or the other was crashing for me regularly before the update, but not anymore. Between that and the grass and trees actually loading now with HA on, performance has been really nice. Unfortunately, based on some of the other comments here, it seems there are plenty of people having more issues than before instead of less.

Another thing of note though - the first time loading the GvG map the screen blacks out except for the loading icon, and all flash tabs lock up for a few (~10) seconds before the loading animation actually runs and it brings up the map.

DeletedUser

On the subject of HA and performance - I had to wait a couple days to make sure, but it looks like the game no longer crashes, or crashes the flash plugin, like it was doing. One or the other was crashing for me regularly before the update, but not anymore. Between that and the grass and trees actually loading now with HA on, performance has been really nice. Unfortunately, based on some of the other comments here, it seems there are plenty of people having more issues than before instead of less.

Another thing of note though - the first time loading the GvG map the screen blacks out except for the loading icon, and all flash tabs lock up for a few (~10) seconds before the loading animation actually runs and it brings up the map.

Do not worry about the GvG map anymore because:
fVygBkI.png

The clouds that causes the lag in the GvG map can now be deactivated

DeletedUser

Aid not helpful to deliberate BP seeking

Another aspect of the Aid button that is interferring in the game is as a guild, we naturally progress. BUt, not everyone has all the blueprints for the bronze age items etc

So to facilitate, we put flowers etc into our towns to help our guildmates out. But.....when our guildmates come to polish them, theyve already been done because of the Aid button.

Putting more flowers in only means more people will polish them.

The Aid button isnt just a simple case of "Here you go, this will help" it has many knock on negative effects.

Exactly. I guess if you are just looking for the coins then the Aid button speeds things up a bit. If you're desperate for a couple of hundred coins you must be in a fairly early age.

The button doesn't do me any good, actually it would be very much against my best interest to use it.
When I mo-po I am doing it with a mind to (a) finding the BPs I need, and (b) helping out my friends and guild-mates with the things they need.
But it is not in my interest to encourage others to use it - not just on me (meaning I don't get what I need most), but more so if they use on the other people in the neighborhood.

Don't discount this early-age BP thing. I realized after my first couple of GBs shot up to Level 6 in very short time that I might want to start stockpiling another round of BPs for those buildings so I could get to the next level with them.
For that reason the advice to get rid of early age decorations is very bad, as is the auto-prioritization scheme that emphasizes polishing all the decorations first. It's happened to me that key BPs came from polishing a decoration when there was no other building to mo-po. It's going to make it even more difficult to find the BPs you want if the targets are being miscellaneously used by people who don't really intend to do so.

DeletedUser

$100 a week I spend on here.
Not anymore.

The GvG Map is almost unplayable because I cant turn that Hardware Acc off.....it jerks and lags like crazy.

I get decs polished before diamond production buildings. Even if I took decs away, mostly I dont need polishing.

No matter how much you tell people "You can still manually Mo/Po" they wont. The ease of use is far too tempting.

Honestly....why fix something when it wasnt broken? Why do games like this always end up spoiling themselves bending over backwards trying to please the 'Instant gratification' people?

And that green tick is a nightmare!

Have you tried full-screen mode? I go full-screen whenever battling and the HA works very well.

If you're being polished too much, just do a little math and get rid of most cultural/decos and leave just enough to have 120% when polished. This will free up some serious space to put in coins/military. I actually like it when buildings are polished first; that way my city is always at 120%, and I can get rid of most culturals in my city and loads up on coins/military.

- - - Updated - - -

When I read this I just HAD to laugh... I can not believe you are actually asking for your money back LOL. If your decos were NOT giving out the happiness they were meant to give, then I could understand it... but this is not the case, your decos are NOT broken, they are still working fine, doing what you paid for them to do. You are asking for your money back because people are polishing them? They are STILL working, actually better now when polished they give MORE happiness. Seriously, would you go into a store and buy a lamp, take it home, plug it in and use it... then let's say a few people give you more lamps, would you really take that first lamp back to the store and demand your money back for it because NOW you have more light than you need, from others giving you more lamps? If it bothers you soooo much, then think about changing friends, or something. Find friends who feel the same as you, who don't want to use the button or have it used on them...

+1000 if I could

lemonwedgie

I am fascinated by players obsession with polishing 1x1's for BP's .... is there evidence that you are more likely to get them?

I have never polished a 1x1 I think it is an insult to the player if you want early age BP's then look for early age friends, or donate to an early age GB. As a sidenote, I have been recieving BPs daily now, the aid button has allowed me to do m/p runs of everyone on a daily basis so I have upped my chances of recieving BPs ...

Other than the HoF's not being a priority I have no complaints about the Aid button. Afterall any m/p is a bonus on top of what you are going to get.

DeletedUser1862

I am fascinated by players obsession with polishing 1x1's for BP's .... is there evidence that you are more likely to get them?
I don't know about any evidence, but the chance that it might happen is good enough to have me put it in my city, and even if it doesn't give the BP then, it's still 20 coins and it's a little more happiness than before, several pluses for me, reason enough to include them.