• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Still being constantly attacked and plundered by people with points thousands ahead

DeletedUser17710

Actually... I think all of you are staking me! we are in the same thread on forums so it must be true! also you post ideas against mine so i'l also can throw assault in there too.

This thread is an assault on our intelligence.

cbalto1927

Your society doesn't understand English very well does it?

I am not defending stalkers, I am asking how somebody could even BE a stalker in this game?

How does one go about stalking another person playing FOE?

You don't know do you?

hmm, it looks like the stalker is going after higher points, so..... i changed my strategy and use 2 spearfigher defense, now he finally leaves me alone.

DeletedUser10517

if you took the time reading the posts, i gave you many reasons. First of all, it not just me. Other players stopped playing because of that one person. There is a big difference between " playing the game" and outright "ass". The guy has been using VPN and i did the location check on that player, he not even in North America region. He is a type of player that restlessly left to right, even he plunders small items such as supplies on daily basis. I have 4 GB dedicated to City and Army Attack and Defense and well leveled. I put the best army of my age and a few are slightly higher age from "no-life treasure chest" I played many RPG and Strategy style games like this. So this isn't new to me. I have donated and even offered help but that player I.AM.UR.KING still Attack/plunders regardless. What surprising is that none of my neighborhoods does that and gladly to be my friend as i helps them out. What i have noticed is the attitude that i get from you is that you defend stalkers rather it real life or not. The point is when a person says Stalking, take it seriously. Because of what the player doing, it makes me not to play the game for days on until the new neighbor merge with is this coming monday. Does this explains for once and for all?

No, it doesnt at all.

What you have explained is why you are annoyed at the player.....and that you dont like being plundered.

But you havent given any explaination of what he is doing to "Stalk" you.

In my other post, I explained how I might play the game........I might also attack you every day, and plunder you every day............and I am NOT in North America either.

Does that make ME a stalker?

Or does that make YOU someone who doesnt understand that attacking neighbours every day and taking their Stuff is PART OF THE GAME!??

cbalto1927

No, it doesnt at all.

What you have explained is why you are annoyed at the player.....and that you dont like being plundered.

But you havent given any explaination of what he is doing to "Stalk" you.

In my other post, I explained how I might play the game........I might also attack you every day, and plunder you every day............and I am NOT in North America either.

Does that make ME a stalker?

Or does that make YOU someone who doesnt understand that attacking neighbours every day and taking their Stuff is PART OF THE GAME!??

no you wouldnt be a stalker. I have other sources that confirms it the only player that causing problems. By attacking and plundering everyday severely kills everything to play the game. It makes the game not even worth playing. Being on time isnt enough. You can be plundered the same time as a "goods" becomes available for you to collect. There's no time frame between collecting and plundering. That's what been happening all week. This is why i am way behind and when the next neighborhood merge pushes the player out. You should be thankful that if this were any other player, i am sure i would have quit long time ago.

DeletedUser8152

PvP and plundering are part of the game. This player is doing nothing wrong, from what you have said. Perhaps that means you simply don't like this game, which is certainly your right. You might look at Elvenar, which is a city building game that doesn't include the PvP aspect.

cbalto1927

PvP and plundering are part of the game. This player is doing nothing wrong, from what you have said. Perhaps that means you simply don't like this game, which is certainly your right. You might look at Elvenar, which is a city building game that doesn't include the PvP aspect.

I do like this game and have no problems with this game. You might want to take a look into I.AM.UR.KING account first before making any judgements.

DeletedUser8152

You might want to take a look into I.AM.UR.KING account first before making any judgements.
From what I understand, the in-game support staff has already done that. If you feel it needs further investigation you are welcome to request that via in-game support, but this is not an issue for the forum here.

DeletedUser10517

no you wouldnt be a stalker. I have other sources that confirms it the only player that causing problems. By attacking and plundering everyday severely kills everything to play the game. It makes the game not even worth playing. Being on time isnt enough. You can be plundered the same time as a "goods" becomes available for you to collect. There's no time frame between collecting and plundering. That's what been happening all week. This is why i am way behind and when the next neighborhood merge pushes the player out. You should be thankful that if this were any other player, i am sure i would have quit long time ago.

Yes, but youre talking about ONE person.

That one person can only attack you ONCE per day, and then plunder you ONCE per day.

How can you be left with nothing and be so far behind when all you lose is ONE lot of stuff per day????

And what other people say has got nothing to do with your town, your game and your progress.

cbalto1927

Welcome to Forge of Empires, that is how the game works. The game won't change for you, you have to change for the game or find a different game.

We have all been there. We were all newbies once. When I first joined there was no such thing as a hoodshift, it was VERY unbalanced and I got spanked every day by players way above me. When you are attacked you lose NOTHING, your troops are safe. But there is the risk of being plundered so, pick up on time. What more can I say? Don't leave your goods lying around and they can't be plundered :)

okay, i understand and i will give this game a chance. A suggestion, why not make new units such as Nukes or Atomic Bombs. As a war game it would a great punishment for plunders :)

DeletedUser8428

okay, i understand and i will give this game a chance. A suggestion, why not make new units such as Nukes or Atomic Bombs. As a war game it would a great punishment for plunders :)

Because the game developers encourage players to plunder - this is not aberrant or unfair behavior, it's a gameplay strategy that Inno intends that players should engage in. Inno sees no need to punish plunderers - they developed this game with plunder in mind.

cbalto1927

Because the game developers encourage players to plunder - this is not aberrant or unfair behavior, it's a gameplay strategy that Inno intends that players should engage in. Inno sees no need to punish plunderers - they developed this game with plunder in mind.

okay, so how about creating these units as a military option?

DeletedUser8796

Or he is keeping a close eye on his hood to maximize his plundering

cbalto1927

Or he is keeping a close eye on his hood to maximize his plundering

As long that player is even allowed in the game then thats the main reasons why many players quit this week alone. What funny is that whoever is the mod here trying to lay a blame on me, and not even bothered to understand that there are people like me who do like playing the game. It the player IS the problem. Good luck losing your business by allowing that player to continue in the games network. I am taking my business elsewhere.

DeletedUser10415

The 24-hour window for plundering encourages attackers to check back throughout that 24-hour period to find something nice to plunder. It's not aberrant behavior to do so - It's game mechanics.

DeletedUser10517

As long that player is even allowed in the game then thats the main reasons why many players quit this week alone. What funny is that whoever is the mod here trying to lay a blame on me, and not even bothered to understand that there are people like me who do like playing the game. It the player IS the problem. Good luck losing your business by allowing that player to continue in the games network. I am taking my business elsewhere.
If you are going to leave the game and go play something else just because one person plunders you every day, then this isnt the right game for you anyway.....as you clearly cannot find the right strategy to succeed.

cbalto1927

If you are going to leave the game and go play something else just because one person plunders you every day, then this isnt the right game for you anyway.....as you clearly cannot find the right strategy to succeed.

AT least other games are much better games than this. At least there you can fight back. I know there were a proposal in the forms about "greying out" the plunder option for higher age players. Based what i learned from more experienced players in this game is that plundering in the long run produces negative results. For example if you want to trade goods, or need blue prints for your GB. Your neighborhood would be less likely to trade with the player if the player kept plundering left to right. From what i learned for blue prints Motivating/polishing is actually better and able to get blue prints faster. If you have a good sized neighborhood/Guilds you could get several blue prints daily just for Motivating/Polishing. That's how i am able to fill my GB's full of blue prints ready to build. The word is already out about the player i was talking about. None of my hood trade or even help him out. It just like any other online war games. If you need help, it always best to "play" nice at start. I am well aware that this game has plundering option but is it really needed to be plundered daily basis? Think about this for a while. In other games, you could combine armies to go after another player. With nukes the player would be in very sorry state for the player's actions. What strategy would be best of what you have against a player who far more advanced than you. In this game your limited to 8 units and cant attack repeatedly to wear the player down as other games do. I love war games and this game dont even come close to real war game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

cbalto, did you think about starting over on a different server?

As far as quitting, sure. You don't like part of the game, seems like a reasonable thing to do.

DeletedUser8796

or try Elvinar its a lot different but i easly racked up 1k + troops with little effort

DeletedUser10517

AT least other games are much better game than this. At least there you can fight back. I know there were a proposal in the forms about "greying out" the plunder option for higher age players. Based what i learned from more experienced players in this game is that plundering in the long run produces negative results. For example if you want to trade goods, or need blue prints for your GB. Your neighborhood would be less likely to trade with the player if the player kept plundering left to right. From what i learned for blue prints Motivating/polishing is actually better and able to get blue prints faster. If you have a good sized neighborhood/Guilds you could get several blue prints daily just for Motivating/Polishing. That's how i am able to fill my GB's full of blue prints ready to build. The word is already out about the player i was talking about. None of my hood trade or even help him out. It just like any other online war games. If you need help, it always best to "play" nice at start. I am well aware that this game has plundering option but is it really needed to be plundered daily basis? Think about this for a while. In other games, you could combine armies to go after another player. With nukes the player would be in very sorry state for the player's actions. What strategy would be best of what you have against a player who far more advanced than you. In this game your limited to 8 units and cant attack repeatedly to wear the player down as other games do. I love war games and this game dont even come close to real war game.

Cbalto.....Games are different....what works in one game might not work in another. This isnt civilisation.....and as such, it has different criteria and strategy.

Not everyone likes the same games......

As for the points you made......they are not entirely accurate.
Dont think of Neighbours as people to help.......they are people to Attack.

I NEVER Mo/Po my neighbours........NEVER! I get my blueprints from Mo/Po'ing my Guildmates and Friends (of which you can have 140) .....and sometimes, as a bonus, I get a Blueprint from my Neighbours after I have attacked them. The rate from getting a BP from Plundering isnt lower.....it just SEEMS lower.

I also would never expect my neighbours to take my Trades very early in the game......nor do I take neighbours trades........they cost 1 forge point when all said and done.

When a player is in a good guild, with good trading, there is no need to do anything with neighbours except attack them......afterall, that is what they are there for.

Attacking neighbours = Points on your overall total + Tower Points in various towers + any plundered goods etc.

Attacking neighbours for Tower Points is MUCH MUCH more valuable than the odd trade or Mo/Po becuase Tower Points = MEDALS and Medals = Expansions...........and they are the most valuable asset in the game.

You could change neighbourhoods and the old Plunderer is gone..........instead, you might have 3 new Plunderers.

Learn to collect on time, and plan your goods properly......then attacks wont bother you in the slightest. Learning that now will hold you in good stead for later, because it will only get worse the higher you get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Volodya

Dont think of Neighbours as people to help.......they are people to Attack.

I'm glad I don't live next to you in real life! Do you start with water balloons over the fence and escalate from there, or move right into Molotov cocktails from the get-go?

Yes, I'm being facetious... but not entirely. Some of us DO see our FoE neighborhood as a virtual community, at least potentially; we'd rather help our neighbors advance in the game than try to destroy them. One of my best in-game friendships was made when she and I organized a sort of "neighborhood watch" group in our neighborhood to--very effectively--resist a hyper-aggressive newcomer by communicating info about their attacking army and defenses, attack times, collection times, etc. to the rest of the neighborhood. This coordinated resistance pretty quickly got them to stop their attacks until they eventually were moved to another neighborhood. Neighbors can and often do act in a neighborly way, on Forge of Empires just as much as in meat-space.