• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Still being constantly attacked and plundered by people with points thousands ahead

DeletedUser17462

You can contact support by left clicking anywhere in the game screen and selecting 'Contact Support.' (This is in the browser version, I'm not actually sure how to do it via mobile.)
Go to settings and there is a contact support button just below the log out button.

Mustapha00

It shouldn't anger anyone really since it's the same points for everyone in the neighborhood. The problem with not putting up a defense is that you open yourself to everyone in the hood for easy plunder, even if they are weaker.

I'm certainly not an expert on the psychology of plunderers, but I think I recall reading that the reason so-inclined players hate the "two Spearfighters" defense is that it awards them practically no PvP points when they beat that defense, and some players plunder not only for the goods but also for the PvP points to earn medals.

I have attacked other Stone Age players on a couple of occasions- and I am in Stone Age (or First Age) as well- and beating 2 Spearfighters nets me 123 PvP points, no more, no less, everytime. It would take dozens and dozens of such 'victories' to make the PvP leaderboards, and I'm just not inclined to spend that much time for so little reward.

DeletedUser13838

I'm certainly not an expert on the psychology of plunderers, but I think I recall reading that the reason so-inclined players hate the "two Spearfighters" defense is that it awards them practically no PvP points when they beat that defense, and some players plunder not only for the goods but also for the PvP points to earn medals.

I have attacked other Stone Age players on a couple of occasions- and I am in Stone Age (or First Age) as well- and beating 2 Spearfighters nets me 123 PvP points, no more, no less, everytime. It would take dozens and dozens of such 'victories' to make the PvP leaderboards, and I'm just not inclined to spend that much time for so little reward.

Yes but everyone else in the neighborhood would get the same 123 points so you're not really at a disadvantage in that sense. The people with 2 spear defenses can be attacked and plundered by everyone so that strategy is a disadvantage to them. But if they put up a stronger defense then maybe fewer people can attack successfully (good for defenders) so there would be fewer people getting those points (good for stronger attackers).

DeletedUser8796

Plundering at low eras wont give much reward but at higher eras you can more than double your productivity if you plunder its all about what buildings are up to plunder and the era of that building. If us high tier fighters got 5 BA goods from each plunder we wouldn't be plundering.

DeletedUser10517

The PvP leaderboard for Bronze Age is too high for you to reach?

In order for another player to get to the top of the Bronze Age leaderboard he will get the same PvP points you do for attacking those spearmen......(providing no losses)
If all 80 neighbours all have 2 spearmen in defence, then all 80 neighbours have exactly the same armies to fight and exactly the same amount of points to get.

Yes, some players will attack every single other neighbour in order to get the most points every day......it does take a bit of time, but the competition is part of the game.

The rewards arent 'little'. You win medals.......and even though its only 10 medals in the Bronze Age, those 10 medals go towards you buying the next expansion.......and expansions are most definitely not "so little reward".

I guess it all boils down to competitive spirit.....some have it, some dont.

cbalto1927

In order for another player to get to the top of the Bronze Age leaderboard he will get the same PvP points you do for attacking those spearmen......(providing no losses)
If all 80 neighbours all have 2 spearmen in defence, then all 80 neighbours have exactly the same armies to fight and exactly the same amount of points to get.

Yes, some players will attack every single other neighbour in order to get the most points every day......it does take a bit of time, but the competition is part of the game.

The rewards arent 'little'. You win medals.......and even though its only 10 medals in the Bronze Age, those 10 medals go towards you buying the next expansion.......and expansions are most definitely not "so little reward".

how do you explain why a player named I.AM.UR.KING number 2 in the World Houndsmoor hood attacks and plunders restlessly. Even though i don't take it personally but still it kinda takes the fun out of the game when a player does that everyday. I.AM.UR.KING plunders nearly anything, even coins from houses. I have the most advanced army of my age LMA and just started doing colonial age. I still cant beat his rogues and insane attack and defense percentage. Any advice to get him to stop, so i can continue to enjoy the game.

DeletedUser8152

Collect on time, and be patient until your neighborhood changes.

DeletedUser23706

Welcome to Forge of Empires, that is how the game works. The game won't change for you, you have to change for the game or find a different game.

We have all been there. We were all newbies once. When I first joined there was no such thing as a hoodshift, it was VERY unbalanced and I got spanked every day by players way above me. When you are attacked you lose NOTHING, your troops are safe. But there is the risk of being plundered so, pick up on time. What more can I say? Don't leave your goods lying around and they can't be plundered :)

First off the game DOES change on the basis of user input. See the messaging updates. This is the single most widespread complaint about this game....the algorithm used around neighborhood membership. It is severly broken. Iron Age players should not be lumped in with LMA and Colonial or above. I am currently 83rd out of 84th in my hood with about 400,000 points, Next up to me is #82 with 1,200,000 points? I am Colonial, he is Modern? Say What? Top player is a 100,000,000 point guy. How did the algorithm put me in this group?

This encourages the use of Bots. They are forbidden, but as usual, another rule with little to no ability to enforce. Cleaver development of bots are undetectable, no matter how much Inno might claim otherwise, and bad algorithms like this one actually drive player behavior the developers wish to forbid by rule.

DeletedUser23419

Don't bother - I think they are headstrong and will make any excuse.

cbalto1927

First off the game DOES change on the basis of user input. See the messaging updates. This is the single most widespread complaint about this game....the algorithm used around neighborhood membership. It is severly broken. Iron Age players should not be lumped in with LMA and Colonial or above. I am currently 83rd out of 84th in my hood with about 400,000 points, Next up to me is #82 with 1,200,000 points? I am Colonial, he is Modern? Say What? Top player is a 100,000,000 point guy. How did the algorithm put me in this group?

This encourages the use of Bots. They are forbidden, but as usual, another rule with little to no ability to enforce. Cleaver development of bots are undetectable, no matter how much Inno might claim otherwise, and bad algorithms like this one actually drive player behavior the developers wish to forbid by rule.

Not only that but Innogames needs to take care of players who harasses and stalks other players. There's one guy named I.AM.UR.KING from worlds H, he is same age as most players in the hood, but Jesus he either on the PC all day and night or definitity a bot. I did a tracking of his PC address and he not even in North America Region. Bottomline is Innogames basically do encourages to bring out the " worse of us" and will not do anything about it.

DeletedUser8796

OR this player could be well off in life and decided to use his/her time and money on here and knows what they are doing. Just because a player is winning or performs better or plunders more does not make them a cheater or bot it just makes you mad BC you aren't as successful.

DeletedUser23706

Not only that but Innogames needs to take care of players who harasses and stalks other players. There's one guy named I.AM.UR.KING from worlds H, he is same age as most players in the hood, but Jesus he either on the PC all day and night or definitity a bot. I did a tracking of his PC address and he not even in North America Region. Bottomline is Innogames basically do encourages to bring out the " worse of us" and will not do anything about it.

I know who that is :). He plays behind a VPN and spoofs his IP and MAC addresses, and changes his location daily....

DeletedUser23706

I attack everyone in my hood. Nothing personal; it's points. And like someone already pointed out, it's not hurting you to be attacked. I plunder goods if you leave them lying around, and coin or supplies if you don't bother to defend yourself.

If you're getting plundered at 4 in the morning - why are you setting your goods to collect then? Set things to collect when you can be there. And don't bother building 1-hour houses.

Guildmates can't do much unless they're in the same hood as you and your attacker, except polivate your buildings so they can't be plundered. If a guildmate in my hood is having trouble with an attacker, yes, I'll hit them; but I also recommend that they be proactive and take steps to minimize what a plunderer can get.

Is it fair? No. But no one ever said it had to be. Life isn't fair, get used to it. :)

Setting collection when you can be there..... Most people don't live highly regimated lives and can't be somewhere at the same exact time every day.

I have no problem with plundering, it's a part of the game. I DO have a problem with not being able to use one of the two defense techniques because my attackers are five ages ahead of me.... The game should gives at least a chance to defend ourselves.

Like I said elsewhere, these unbalanced, poorly thought out game designs, like the neighborhood grouping algorithm, encourage people to cheat (aka. collection bots) as a last resort. This game (and many other of these games) needs have a consistent approach to play. Don't create a bunch of rules on one hand, then generate game play that encourages those rules to be broken via workarounds (cheats and exploits).

What happens in these cases is an actual secondary game....player vs game developer where the developer creates another rule mouse trap and then players figure out how to get around it and steal the cheese anyway. For some people that's a more entertaining game than the game itself.

cbalto1927

Setting collection when you can be there..... Most people don't live highly regimated lives and can't be somewhere at the same exact time every day.

I have no problem with plundering, it's a part of the game. I DO have a problem with not being able to use one of the two defense techniques because my attackers are five ages ahead of me.... The game should gives at least a chance to defend ourselves.

Like I said elsewhere, these unbalanced, poorly thought out game designs, like the neighborhood grouping algorithm, encourage people to cheat (aka. collection bots) as a last resort. This game (and many other of these games) needs have a consistent approach to play. Don't create a bunch of rules on one hand, then generate game play that encourages those rules to be broken via workarounds (cheats and exploits).

What happens in these cases is an actual secondary game....player vs game developer where the developer creates another rule mouse trap and then players figure out how to get around it and steal the cheese anyway. For some people that's a more entertaining game than the game itself.

I.AM.UR.KING is a stalker, if you have him in the hood, TAKE HIM OUT. If Innogames wont do something about players like him, i will.

- - - Updated - - -

I know who that is :). He plays behind a VPN and spoofs his IP and MAC addresses, and changes his location daily....

Then if thats the case, it is a major violations of Innogames terms of service. He should not be on any Inno games network

cbalto1927

OR this player could be well off in life and decided to use his/her time and money on here and knows what they are doing. Just because a player is winning or performs better or plunders more does not make them a cheater or bot it just makes you mad BC you aren't as successful.

no, it already confirmed that the player is cheating the system and violating terms of service set by Innogames. Ask before assuming the person isn't cheating.

DeletedUser8428

no, it already confirmed that the player is cheating the system and violating terms of service set by Innogames. Ask before assuming the person isn't cheating.

I'm sorry, who at Inno did you say confirmed for you that this player is cheating?

Mustapha00

Well, that would depend on your definition of "competitive", wouldn't it?

And no, 10 medals does not justify the time and effort necessary to earn them. With a bit over 2 days left on this world's PvP ladder, to get into the medal round requires something like 6000 points, or roughly 50 victories against the 2 Spearfighers defense. I think those 50 victories gets you >2 medals<. And it takes, what, 50 medals for the first Victory expansion? You're better off doing random quests with a chance of receiving medals as a reward. At higher levels, I would guess that the rewards increase....as does the risk, time and effort required, etc. Which is absolutely as it should be. But then I get a fair number of medals from helping out with other player's construction of GBs, conquering/negotiating for territory and the like, so there are more types of "competitiveness" than just the one.

cbalto1927

I'm sorry, who at Inno did you say confirmed for you that this player is cheating?

No, other players who had him in their hoods before. He is the bad player that everybody avoids. What he is doing isnt in the spirit of the game. Stalking is different just plundering/helping. We are talking about much more serious problem then just game play. I know it not just me that he stalks to. Monday is around the corner to i would wait until he goes on to another neighbor merge.