• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Feedback

DeletedUser8152

That wasn't my intention. I just meant that in the old system there was a way to cheat that would not be possible in the new system. But certainly it is still cheating.

DeletedUser3679

You don't need diamonds to ghost. Siege costs is only 5 goods per siege. It's very easy to release and resiege until you've depleted all your Arc, Atomium, and OBS donations for the day.

Don't forget you only have 4 'releases' per day.

*Arturis*

If you want to fight a lot of battles everyday, you can make your own guild and pair up with your friend's guild and hit each others HQ, the only limit to it is the goods for the siege. That is why I think the siege cost with 8 troops should be putting back. It is too easy to exploit now when cost of siege is free.

Last edited:

DeletedUser17122

I have recently read a thread describing the new ranking system that is supposed to start Feb 18th, 2016. It proposed that players will get less global points for leveling Great Buildings (GB), points for goods spent and points for battles will not change. It also proposes getting rid of obtaining global rank points for gathering coins and supplies. I and MOST of my friends have several MAJOR concerns about this topic.

First, I applaud Inno for attempting to fix a BROKEN global point system. THANK YOU INNO! However, this new system seems to be much WORSE than the original. I completely agree that far TOO many points were given to GB leveling. I am a guy who has a level 33 Traz and is in first place in the world I play in and can testify that the points I get form leveling my GBs are ridiculous. Getting billions of points for GB leveling is not appropriate. HOWEVER, in the forum I read a post was submitted by an INNO Game Moderator, it s aid this, "a certain Great Building that on level 70 in the current system provides you with 403.625.386.158 points (as you can see - and as you have pointed out on multiple occasions - this was really throwing the ranking off balance) will now be worth reasonable 1.104.660 points."

WHAT!!???!???!!! Only 1.1 Million points for a level 70 GB???? This amount is EXTREMELY LOW!!!! I currently fight an average of about 100 Battles a day and get 20k battle points from many of them, and sometimes up to 100k in TE and FE battles!!!! Since 50 battle points equal 1 global point, I would say that I am making about an average of 3,000,000 Battle points a day. Divide 3 million by 50 and I'm getting about 60,000 global points a day on average. Therefore in less than a MONTH I could get more GLOBAL points than someone who took YEARS to get a level 70 GB?????? There are only maybe a HANDFUL of people who have a level 70 GB and the game started over 3 years ago! IT TOOK ME A YEAR to get my GB to level 33!!!! That amount of points for higher GBs is WAY WAY too low. I would think that at least 5 times the amount quoted by the game moderator would be far more appropriate.

Next, giving goods for goods donations to the TREASURY is ludicrous and complete madness!!! I have about 500 of each FE good in my current stockpile...I have thousands of most of the lower age goods. If players are going to get Global points for donating goods to the treasury....I plan on trading all my goods to Iron Age so I can collect hundreds of thousands of goods....then I will give them ALL to a lower ranked player in my Guild and let them donate them to the treasury!!!! They will skyrocket through the ranks and probably even pass me. Even if you prorate the goods values and make lower age good donations worth less than higher ones....I plan on giving all my FE goods to one of the members in my guild for bronze goods and boosting them up through the ranks! This is NOT a good way to judge individual rankings!!!! As you can see it is COMPLETELY NOT fair for those who don't have higher age friends/guilds.

I ALSO DO not believe you should change the coin and supply system. Coins and supplies are the hub of the game! collecting them should be of the easiest ways to gain global points. You can even lower the amount to 500 coins or supplies per 1 Global point, but don't get rid of it! I dont know a single person on my server who thinks you shouldn't get points for collecting coins and supplies??? Where did this Idea come from? If this part of the ranking system is'nt broke...dont try to fix it!!!!

******So here is the Fix*****
Keep Battles and Coins/Supply collection the exact same! This requires minimal work on your programmers and makes 90% or more of your players happy. If you must change coin and supply just lower the amount of Global points you get for collecting them 500-700 collected to 1 Global Point seems fair.

Next, lower the Great Building's global points earned per level, BUT DON'T LOWER it to the EXTREME that you are proposing. I would think that an average of 100k per level would be more appropriate for any level above level 10 That would give a little less than 7 million points to someone with a level 70 Great Building, instead of the Billions of points they are currently getting! It would also be fair to the person who took the YEARS of time to play the game and level their GB to 70!!! If Inno is truly invested in the idea about the great buildings points and want their proposed system.....they will have to lower the global point to battle point ratio...so you get less global points for each battle. Its not fair that someone can battle enough battles to get the same rank in a month that takes years to get by leveling my GB to 70.

Lastly, Why does Inno keep making these crappy deco rewards? I see that the top players on the old ranking system are going to get a deco for their achievements. WHO THE HELL wants a DECO???? Happiness buildings and decos are AWFUL! I have more of them in my inventory than anything else! Inno is supposedly rewarding the Higher ranked players with these Sword Statues....but i DONT KNOW ANY players that want a silly deco in their city that increases happiness. Give the players something they can use Inno!!! Stop with all the stupid snow globes and reindeer sleighs already. No one wants that crap. Why do you think the "Space Needle" is one of the lowest build Great Buildings in the game? Its because its useless! Its a shame too, because its one of the coolest looking GBs in the game! PLEASE DO NOT GIVE SWORD STATUE REWARDS that only boost happiness! NO ONE WANTS THEM!

Stineamite

P.S. If you are a player and agree with my post please put "I agree with Stineamite's post" or I" believe that the new ranking system that INNO is proposing is NOT a good idea for the game", at the top of your reply, this way Inno knows that their idea is not going to make the players happy! Good luck to all players and happy Forging!

DeletedUser17765

Can someone with factual knowledge explain exactly how this is going to happen....

1) GB points are going to be reduced for levels over 10....

2) GOODS "spent" will be retroactively applied to all goods used in game since we started playing towards our global points...including used for tech research, GB construction, and treasury donations.

3)Supply and coin production will no longer be calculated in Global Points.

My question is....

Will the supplies and coins we collected between our starting the game and the implementation of the new system be retroactively DEDUCTED from our score?

I sure hope not. This, coupled with Inno's refusal to fix a multitude of problems, including problems with chat for the past TWO MONTHS and their servers not being able to keep up with the volume of players they have amassed, will ultimately lead to my retirement from FoE. Personally, I see no reason coin and supply collections shouldnt continue to be counted.

3 compromises to consider...

1) Change the scoring to include goods spent, but keep scoring for coin and supply production. Possibly tweek the rate points are awarded for coin and supply collections.(Instead of 2000 to 1, maybe 3000 to 1) Apply both changes retroactively.

2) Change the system to include Goods spent, but not coin and supply collections. Adjust scores for goods "spent" in the past, but not for the coins and supplies previously collected. Just dont award points for them moving forward.

3)Dont adjust at all for goods, and keep the coin and supply collection the same, or tweek the value, and apply retroactively.

DeletedUser10517

Far as I know, any points gained from the old method will be striped, and the new method takes over.
This can seriously change a persons position on the Global Players List.

I think its fine to stop giving points to coins and supplies collected PROVIDED they give points for Coins and Suppies spent instead.

cbalto1927

Far as I know, any points gained from the old method will be striped, and the new method takes over.
This can seriously change a persons position on the Global Players List.

I think its fine to stop giving points to coins and supplies collected PROVIDED they give points for Coins and Suppies spent instead.

I agree with alot of people in this post, For me probably go way down to 100 points. Coins and supplies are still valuable items in the game and it would be a great mistake on Inno part to take that away.

DeletedUser10517

I agree with alot of people in this post, For me probably go way down to 100 points. Coins and supplies are still valuable items in the game and it would be a great mistake on Inno part to take that away.

The trouble with making the coins and supplies is that its a 'set productions and run' kind of action......so many players do this and then either go away to do something else or they move onto another town and do the same again.

If thats how they want to play, no problem.....but lets not issue points for it.

Instead, points should be given when those collected coins and supplies are SPENT......meaning, those who stick around and play the game get points.

If they dont add the 'Spending' feature, it will be disappointing.

ITown

In the last months we've been frequently receiving feedback regarding the ranking not representing your in-game achievements and activity (including Great Buildings and the ranking points they provide). There are indeed some inconsistencies in the ranking that arose during the years.

Can someone explain how simply clicking on your great buildings once per day indicates activity any better than gathering coins and supplies?

(I'm referring to the fact your score will be going up every time you collect your observatory/atomium/arc)

I can see how it represents your achievements - you're rewarded for leveling these buildings. But why punish people retroactively for leveling up St. Marks, Lighthouse, and Royal Albert Hall?

Quite frankly, if this change goes through, I'm deleting my RAH to make room for the rainforest project. It gives more goods for less space, which means more points for me. Since I'm never going to run out of supplies again, the only reason I had RAH was for the goods & points gained from supply collections.

DeletedUser11596

You guys have to remember that Inno is just like any other For-profit company. Ultimately, they're about making money....profits. One of the methods that online gaming companies use to bring in additional profits is by moving the goalposts...in other words, they keep changing the point values of various aspects within the game. Thus, creating a new point system and getting players to adjust their goals in order to increase their rankings. Naturally, the diamond buyers bring in the new profits when they adjust and focus in on the new point system. This has been going on since before I started playing FOE...so this isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

cbalto1927

You guys have to remember that Inno is just like any other For-profit company. Ultimately, they're about making money....profits. One of the methods that online gaming companies use to bring in additional profits is by moving the goalposts...in other words, they keep changing the point values of various aspects within the game. Thus, creating a new point system and getting players to adjust their goals in order to increase their rankings. Naturally, the diamond buyers bring in the new profits when they adjust and focus in on the new point system. This has been going on since before I started playing FOE...so this isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

i remind you that with the new change, Diamonds buyers will be hit badly. Let's say a player leveled the GB's with Diamonds, then Inno takes away the points for leveling the GB's. All that money that being spent into leveling GB's would be wiped out. This is one of the downsides for the new change. I would more likely to agree with the new change as long they change the score on that day and on, not retroactive. It clearly wasn't players fault if the point system for GB were flawed. In the end Diamond players might not want to pay any more money into the game if INNO continue to change the system and the money being lost to the new system.

DeletedUser17558

Other than points, what are people going to lose in regards to their GB's?

DeletedUser

i remind you that with the new change, Diamonds buyers will be hit badly. Let's say a player leveled the GB's with Diamonds, then Inno takes away the points for leveling the GB's. All that money that being spent into leveling GB's would be wiped out. This is one of the downsides for the new change. I would more likely to agree with the new change as long they change the score on that day and on, not retroactive. It clearly wasn't players fault if the point system for GB were flawed. In the end Diamond players might not want to pay any more money into the game if INNO continue to change the system and the money being lost to the new system.
The diamonds are not getting "wiped out." The players still get all the benefits of the leveled GB. Their points are the only thing changing. If you have a level 70 arc, sorry it wont put ya in top 10 anymore, but if ya were only doing it for points anyhow, I dont understand your reasoning, but you still get the benefits of a level 70 arc

DeletedUser10019

My main question is about the neighborhood remixing. Does that depend on points or is it a different structure? Cuz if it depends on points, what I don't like is having to just attack people to get points so that I stay in the relevant hood... and many folks attack almost the entire hood daily...
Neighbourhood mixing is a complete mess. In one world I recently advanced to LMA, and I'm being attacked by bloody Mechanized Infantry. I wrote to support but they can't do anything. In that world, #1 and #2 guys are in Postmodern Era, and #3 guy is in Colonial. #2 guy has FIVE TIMES more points that #3 guy. If that isn't outrageous, I don't know what is. Those first two must be somebody's nephew or something.
In another world, top guys in the hood have 7 figure points and are in Modern/Progressive, while most of the hood is below 300K in Colonial, with some underdogs at 5 figure points and as low as EMA. Imagine EMA Mounted Archers getting attacked by Progressive snipers. Just imagine it.
I get plundered and it's OK. It's part of the game and I do plunder, too. But "fair game" has to be extended to include balanced neighbourhoods. Putting LMA/Colonial people in the same hood with people from Modern Era is not fair at all. In another world I'm the top guy in my hood terrorizing and plundering everyone, but points/age range is fairly reasonable: nobody has 10 times more points than another player, or nobody is 4 ages above the other.
They say they will introduce a new neighbourhood "cluster" system, but I fear it will only make things worse, as what I wrote above will be encountered more often than before, and in a harsher way. I hope it doesn't go that way and I be the scaremonger, but honestly I'm not hopeful.

ITown

This update actually makes the game more pay-to-win than ever before

you can literally buy points by buying goods and donating them to the treasury

Algona

This update actually makes the game more pay-to-win than ever before

you can literally buy points by buying goods and donating them to the treasury

Uh, no. It's pay-to-have-a-high-ranking. A meaningless ranking that has no effect on the game. If folk are crazy enough to spend money just to buy high rank, good for them, better for INNO.

I am so gonna love folk complaining that because they are high ranked, ir should not be possible for them to be plundered by someone who is 1/10 their points but spent money developing their city...

DeletedUser10517

Neighbourhood mixing is a complete mess. In one world I recently advanced to LMA, and I'm being attacked by bloody Mechanized Infantry. I wrote to support but they can't do anything. In that world, #1 and #2 guys are in Postmodern Era, and #3 guy is in Colonial. #2 guy has FIVE TIMES more points that #3 guy. If that isn't outrageous, I don't know what is. Those first two must be somebody's nephew or something.
In another world, top guys in the hood have 7 figure points and are in Modern/Progressive, while most of the hood is below 300K in Colonial, with some underdogs at 5 figure points and as low as EMA. Imagine EMA Mounted Archers getting attacked by Progressive snipers. Just imagine it.
I get plundered and it's OK. It's part of the game and I do plunder, too. But "fair game" has to be extended to include balanced neighbourhoods. Putting LMA/Colonial people in the same hood with people from Modern Era is not fair at all. In another world I'm the top guy in my hood terrorizing and plundering everyone, but points/age range is fairly reasonable: nobody has 10 times more points than another player, or nobody is 4 ages above the other.
They say they will introduce a new neighbourhood "cluster" system, but I fear it will only make things worse, as what I wrote above will be encountered more often than before, and in a harsher way. I hope it doesn't go that way and I be the scaremonger, but honestly I'm not hopeful.
It does not matter how many points someone has.......they can have 1 million and be in the Iron Age
It does not matter what era they are in.

A player who is the same age as you or even lower can attack you and win.

The only thing that affects you is whether or not you are plundered........and that is easily dealt with by collecting goods on time.

DeletedUser9433

If any real world company offered a reward and then months or years later took it away they would be out of business at worst and at best get so much bad publicity they would be shedding tears in the boardroom. Just ask the airlines when they decided to end a miles reward program and take away any remaining miles you had earned or increased the miles requirements without grandfathering in past earners. Losing loyal paying customers to make the non-paying customers happy is insanity in its' finest form. Just because a company does something doesn't mean it will have the expected result, even Inno has occasionally unwound some of their dumb ideas.