• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Feedback

ITown

Inno is very vague about the actual calculation of points.

For example:

Battle Points:
Exactly what specific ranking gain do I get from each battle point?

Goods Spent:
Exactly what specific ranking gain do I get from each good spent?

Building Points:
Exactly what specific ranking gain will I get for each building?

The only part of this that is currently known is: battle points will contribute to your score exactly as they do now. (50 battle points = 1 ranking point)

DeletedUser3679

Inno is very vague about the actual calculation of points.

For example:

Battle Points:
Exactly what specific ranking gain do I get from each battle point?

Goods Spent:
Exactly what specific ranking gain do I get from each good spent?

Building Points:
Exactly what specific ranking gain will I get for each building?

Battle points - every 50 battle points gives one ranking point

• Battle points. This is the same as in the current setup. All the battle points (from all battles you fight) will count towards the ranking, just like they do now (and with the same value). Also all the current ranking points that come from your battles will be kept.

Goods spent - no info on this, yet.

Building points

While the changes for most of the low-age buildings will not be substantial (comparing to the current setup), the high-age buildings will become more valuable.

Current building ranking points are available at this website https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/best-guides.75/

(edited for clarification)

Last edited by a moderator:

cbalto1927

In Beta, i don't know if anyone noticed that the wording about coins and supplies has been removed from the original ranking change announcement? For anyone who's on beta will be testing battles, Good spent, and Buildings points changes. I am hoping after 3 months since the announcement Inno realized that the coins/supplies would be kept in the game. Can anyone verify this?

DeletedUser3679

In Beta, i don't know if anyone noticed that the wording about coins and supplies has been removed from the original ranking change announcement? For anyone who's on beta will be testing battles, Good spent, and Buildings points changes. I am hoping after 3 months since the announcement Inno realized that the coins/supplies would be kept in the game. Can anyone verify this?

I noticed that, too, and spend time looking all over in case it was posted somewhere else. No luck, so maybe that has changed. Either way we should know pretty soon, as the target date for the new ranking is this Thursday in beta.

ITown

Which wording are you referring to? The announcement never mentioned coins & supplies... because they aren't part of the new ranking.

DeletedUser3679

Which wording are you referring to? The announcement never mentioned coins & supplies... because they aren't part of the new ranking.

I think that at one time, there was something that said or implied that all ranking points gained from coins and supplies would be eliminated retroactively. Now there is no such statement. So the point is, was there such a posting by the mods, and if it is no longer there, does that mean that maybe all the ranking points for coins and supplies already gained will be kept, even if they will not provide ranking points in the future?

ITown

I think that at one time, there was something that said or implied that all ranking points gained from coins and supplies would be eliminated retroactively. Now there is no such statement. So the point is, was there such a posting by the mods, and if it is no longer there, does that mean that maybe all the ranking points for coins and supplies already gained will be kept, even if they will not provide ranking points in the future?

Yes, it was IMPLIED that coins & supplies are eliminated from ranking. That's because the announcement doesn't mention them as being a factor in your ranking. This remains the case. If you look, that announcement hasn't been edited since Dec 15.

DeletedUser8152

Yes, per the original announcement coin and supply will not count toward your ranking. I'm not aware of anything different that has been said on beta, but the new system will be going live there tomorrow, so we should find out for sure then.

DeletedUser17462

Ok, so it looks like they will, eventually, tell us the values they place on each good with this new system. Any bets on how long after that people start demanding all trades conform?

ITown

Ok, so it looks like they will, eventually, tell us the values they place on each good with this new system. Any bets on how long after that people start demanding all trades conform?

Won't happen. The point values are too different from conventional trading rates. You would be laughed at for proclaiming that Progressive Era goods should be traded 1:2 with Iron Age goods.

DeletedUser8152

Whoa so the way to pump your point score is to churn out and donate low era goods?

DeletedUser17462

Won't happen. The point values are too different from conventional trading rates. You would be laughed at for proclaiming that Progressive Era goods should be traded 1:2 with Iron Age goods.
A. we don't know what the values will be, not yet at least. B. I can guarantee it'll happen. We already have people on this forum of the opinion that all trades should conform to so called "fair trade" calculators that are not put forth by Inno. You think Inno putting a value beyond mere production cost on each good won't embolden this crowd?

DeletedUser8152

A. we don't know what the values will be, not yet at least. B. I can guarantee it'll happen. We already have people on this forum of the opinion that all trades should conform to so called "fair trade" calculators that are not put forth by Inno. You think Inno putting a value beyond mere production cost on each good won't embolden this crowd?
The new system is released on beta, so we know the point values. It is 2 iron age = 1 PE
A - 3
EMA - 3.5
HMA - 4
LMA - 4.5
CA - 5
InA - 5.5
PE - 6
ME - 11.5 (6.5 + CA)
PME - 12.5 (7 + InA)
CE - 13.5 (7.5 + PE)
TE - 19.5 (8 + ME)
FE - 21 (8.5 + PME)
[/quote]

Algona

Whoa so the way to pump your point score is to churn out and donate low era goods?

How does goods production points under the new system compare to coins/supplies points under the current system?

Is there any wau to consistently overproduce goods?

DeletedUser17462

The new system is released on beta, so we know the point values. It is 2 iron age = 1 PE
A - 3
EMA - 3.5
HMA - 4
LMA - 4.5
CA - 5
InA - 5.5
PE - 6
ME - 11.5 (6.5 + CA)
PME - 12.5 (7 + InA)
CE - 13.5 (7.5 + PE)
TE - 19.5 (8 + ME)
FE - 21 (8.5 + PME)
Ah. All I'd seen was the announcement which said the official values would be released a while after it went live everywhere, once they'd made sure they had the values they wanted to keep it at.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

Just be clear, those aren't officially released numbers, just the reported values that players determined on beta. But it's easy enough to measure them, of course.

How does goods production points under the new system compare to coins/supplies points under the current system?
Currently you get 1 point per 300 supplies or coins. So that should let you make the comparison. For instance, 1 FE good requires a total of 2k each supplies and coins. That would be worth 4k/300 = 13.3 points in the old system. In the new system it is worth 21 points.

Alternatively in iron age, each good costs 40 coins and 40 supply, which would be 0.27 points. Compared to 3 points in the new system.

So for goods production the point values go up. But of course a lot of your coin and supply went to other things besides goods.

Is there any wau to consistently overproduce goods?
Sure just donate extras to the treasury.

Algona

Sure just donate extras to the treasury.

I asked the question wrong.

Is there any way to excessively produce goods? Not points from goods, but make lots of goods? Can you hurry goods production in any way? Are there other sources of goods, such as plunder and quests that can be abused in any way?

iamtheemperor

Are there other sources of goods, such as plunder and quests that can be abused in any way?

One has only to glance over these forums to see there are some who consider plundering as abuse. Certainly not me, and I probably shouldn't have opened that can of worms here, but I did get a hearty chuckle reading your post and imagining the excrement storm that could follow.

DeletedUser8152

I asked the question wrong.

Is there any way to excessively produce goods? Not points from goods, but make lots of goods? Can you hurry goods production in any way? Are there other sources of goods, such as plunder and quests that can be abused in any way?
You can use diamonds to purchase goods for tech or GvG. I'm sure those would count for points. You can't speed up good production.

I'm a little worried that trade will be open to abuse, such that a PE player might trade down 1 PE good to, say, 20 iron age goods (at nominal fair trade ratios in several steps), and then donate them to gain 10x more points than he would have for the PE good itself. I don't know if people would really do that, and if they did a lot then I guess acceptable market ratios would shift. But I do wonder.