• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Feedback

DeletedUser13838

Is there any way to excessively produce goods? Not points from goods, but make lots of goods? Can you hurry goods production in any way? Are there other sources of goods, such as plunder and quests that can be abused in any way?

You can get goods from the loop quests which are increased by your chateau. A high St Marks, LOA and RAH essentially eliminates the need to use space for happiness so all your remaining space can be used to produce coins supplies and goods. Plus your GBs and event buildings will also produce goods. So I guess it depends what you mean by overproduce.

ITown

You can use diamonds to purchase goods for tech or GvG. I'm sure those would count for points. You can't speed up good production.

I'm a little worried that trade will be open to abuse, such that a PE player might trade down 1 PE good to, say, 20 iron age goods (at nominal fair trade ratios in several steps), and then donate them to gain 10x more points than he would have for the PE good itself. I don't know if people would really do that, and if they did a lot then I guess acceptable market ratios would shift. But I do wonder.

It's too much effort for too few points, in my opinion. Goods simply aren't worth much when you can collect 1500 points for fighting a single battle (takes 5 or 10 seconds)

So for goods production the point values go up. But of course a lot of your coin and supply went to other things besides goods.

Or in my case, they just don't go to anything at all.

hChUSHq.png

DeletedUser17462

Just be clear, those aren't officially released numbers, just the reported values that players determined on beta. But it's easy enough to measure them, of course.

Currently you get 1 point per 300 supplies or coins. So that should let you make the comparison. For instance, 1 FE good requires a total of 2k each supplies and coins. That would be worth 4k/300 = 13.3 points in the old system. In the new system it is worth 21 points.

Alternatively in iron age, each good costs 40 coins and 40 supply, which would be 0.27 points. Compared to 3 points in the new system.

So for goods production the point values go up. But of course a lot of your coin and supply went to other things besides goods.

Sure just donate extras to the treasury.
Eh, apples to apples, yeah points went up a tad. Problem I have with this comparison is we're going from coin/supplies COLLECTED to goods SPENT. Spend every good you collect and ^ that will apply.

DeletedUser17462

It's too much effort for too few points, in my opinion. Goods simply aren't worth much when you can collect 1500 points for fighting a single battle (takes 5 or 10 seconds)

hChUSHq.png
Good God man, buy some fps once in a while, lol.

Algona

Thanks for the info jaelis. iamtheemperor, I saw that implication. More encouraging of plunder = more complaints. I'm good with that, it gives jaelis something to do to beside give great advice and answers. :D

jaelis, are you saying I should not have 25M coins and 19M supplies stockpiled in Prog Era?

DeletedUser9184

Just be clear, those aren't officially released numbers, just the reported values that players determined on beta. But it's easy enough to measure them, of course.

Currently you get 1 point per 300 supplies or coins. So that should let you make the comparison. For instance, 1 FE good requires a total of 2k each supplies and coins. That would be worth 4k/300 = 13.3 points in the old system. In the new system it is worth 21 points.

Alternatively in iron age, each good costs 40 coins and 40 supply, which would be 0.27 points. Compared to 3 points in the new system.

Sure just donate extras to the treasury.
That comparison is not accurate. If it takes 5 spaces to produce 40 coins and 40 supply (just picked a random number), you still need to add another 10 spaces for the goods building you are going to spend it on.

DeletedUser8152

That comparison is not accurate. If it takes 5 spaces to produce 40 coins and 40 supply (just picked a random number), you still need to add another 10 spaces for the goods building you are going to spend it on.
Yes I wasn't aiming to account for space considerations at all.

DeletedUser11596

Ok, so it looks like they will, eventually, tell us the values they place on each good with this new system. Any bets on how long after that people start demanding all trades conform?

It doesn't matter because Inno will simply change the point system after about 6 months like they always do.

DeletedUser10415

Thanks for the info jaelis. iamtheemperor, I saw that implication. More encouraging of plunder = more complaints. I'm good with that, it gives jaelis something to do to beside give great advice and answers. :D

jaelis, are you saying I should not have 25M coins and 19M supplies stockpiled in Prog Era?

25 million is not 783.9 million.

DeletedUser8420

and what's with this New Member status ? ..... as you can see by my joined date and roman numerals in my name I've been playing since Feb 2013
You are new to the forum not the game itself as noted you have only 9 messages to the forum

DeletedUser8420

I will say this if my ranking is lowered too much I will leave this game. I have worked for almost 3 years to get to the level I am at and for the rules to be changed in such a way at this late date to lower me will be deplorable.

DeletedUser8428

I will say this if my ranking is lowered too much I will leave this game. I have worked for almost 3 years to get to the level I am at and for the rules to be changed in such a way at this late date to lower me will be deplorable.
While I understand your discomfort, the rules change all the time - changes to GvG, changes to displays, etc (and some of these are suggested by players). So you're not upset that the rules are being changed, you're upset that the rules are being changed in a way that you don't like. Every change that happens ticks somebody off.

You're right, though. If you're unhappy enough, find a game that suits you. No point in expending energy on something that isn't fun for you anymore.

DeletedUser8420

I understand rule changes going forward but make them retroactive is PLAIN WRONG!!!!

DeletedUser6490

i like the retroactive aspect of it :) .......

I just wish I knew how the goods spent thing will work ; looking forward to finding out

DeletedUser8152

i like the retroactive aspect of it :) .......

I just wish I knew how the goods spent thing will work ; looking forward to finding out
I have the numbers from beta a few posts back. Was there something else you want to know?

DeletedUser9433

hChUSHq.png
Only 746.7 Million in coin here but have got you beat on supplies, am at 260.4 million. :)
As to why have that many I already generate about 100 FP's per day in my city and rarely need a single FP at a time.

ITown

Something tells me that even with this 2nd rebalancing act someone will exploit the weaknesses and what happens next ? rebalance then exploit ad infinitum

I don't think NEW exploits are added by the new ranking system.

It's OLD exploits that will become prevalent again. Namely, ghosting and autobattling for millions of points.

h52JE53.png

Last edited: