• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2019 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser41065

Is there a bug with the Daily special, the WIki says its a Freight Car but ingame Sleeping car is shown?

Regards

DeletedUser29726

Says freight car in game for me on tooltip. They don't look very different (tiny bit of different coloring on side)

DeletedUser41065

Yes, it looks fine now, it might be my morning Brain, or they fixed it really quickly, either way, it's okay now.

On a totally unrelated note: That 28 car train is making me drool, too bad you can't make it with spending way fewer diamonds/money.

P.S. Now we wait for the person who makes 2 Full-length trains, right?

Regards

DeletedUser29726

well... 28 car train isn't *that* far off over the entire event if you're *really* lucky and that's what you want. You should average 14 specials or so.

qaccy

Inno's gonna get some more money out of me this event as well. Already got a decent pile of tactician's towers, and I'll be needing more diamonds to get upgrades for all of them. They sure did put in a lot of nice stuff this year!

DeletedUser29726

Inno's gonna get some more money out of me this event as well. Already got a decent pile of tactician's towers, and I'll be needing more diamonds to get upgrades for all of them. They sure did put in a lot of nice stuff this year!

It's good they appeal to someone :p The best I'm looking forward to is sleighbuilder day (which there should be only 1 of going by beta). I resent tactician towers even existing (don't want em, going to be annoyed at neighbors having them). Other than that I'll take my free train (don't really want cars), and go for antique fodder i guess?

qaccy

@xivarmy I'll admit, I didn't think that Inno would ever break the 'rule' that only GBs are allowed to boost attack for defenders. I thought it more likely that they'd either add in a third defensive GB to go along with Basil and Deal, or even the out-of-left-field addition of a GB that boosts attacking defense and defending attack. They did make these towers weaker than Watchfires in terms of boost provided, so perhaps they realize to a degree the impact of this addition. Also probably a sign of things to come, much like how the SoK started FoE down the path of providing ever-increasing FP production beyond the humble hourly bar and GB collections. It won't be long before event grand prizes are providing uncommon military bonuses, I imagine...

Also @bonimir, it's possible to have up to 6 28-car trains in one city if every expansion along the widest part of the city is unlocked. That won't be me for financial reasons and because that's the area where I'm still placing new expansions, but that's the maximum!

DeletedUser29726

@xivarmy I'll admit, I didn't think that Inno would ever break the 'rule' that only GBs are allowed to boost attack for defenders. I thought it more likely that they'd either add in a third defensive GB to go along with Basil and Deal, or even the out-of-left-field addition of a GB that boosts attacking defense and defending attack. They did make these towers weaker than Watchfires in terms of boost provided, so perhaps they realize to a degree the impact of this addition. Also probably a sign of things to come, much like how the SoK started FoE down the path of providing ever-increasing FP production beyond the humble hourly bar and GB collections. It won't be long before event grand prizes are providing uncommon military bonuses, I imagine...

Until they break the other rule that attackers can't have defense (which does look like it's coming), you don't really need much of the tactician towers though. Just enough that your units still hurt someone with say at most 300% defense. Also of note: tactician towers + watchfires are competitive with a high level basil. and completely outclass a deal castle with no FP required.

3 tacticians + 2 watchfires = 12%/12% - you can fit 60%/60% in the footprint of a basil (level 69 equivalent). You can almost fit 120%/120% in the footprint of a deal castle (level 189 equivalent).

A12A

My Winter Train ain't getting any polishing while train cars are getting the polish.
Was under the impression that event buildings are first in line for the polish, but while regular build. were polished, in 4-5 days the WT was polished by others only once and I suspect it was a targeted polish after all my whining and spamming in other threads)
So, is that the case with everybody or did I get a chinese train?

RazorbackPirate

My Winter Train ain't getting any polishing while train cars are getting the polish.
Was under the impression that event buildings are first in line for the polish, but while regular build. were polished, in 4-5 days the WT was polished by others only once and I suspect it was a targeted polish after all my whining and spamming in other threads)
So, is that the case with everybody or did I get a Chinese train?
You don't have a bum train. Since the extra productions of the train are not dependent on being motivated, and motivating the Winter Train only doubles its coin production, it's very low on the Mo/Po list. Somewhere in the neighborhood of a regular residential building.

AyeMatey

New players or veteran players who decided to start a new city, don't do what I just did. I accidentally completed research for the next age. I should have known better. Now I find I can't complete Quest 14 "Defeat this medium-sized army OR Solve this moderate negotiation." Medium-sized means two waves of battles and moderate negotiation for someone who has just left the Iron Age is not moderate, when asking for 5 of each Early Middle goods, which gets more expensive when you make incorrect trades. Arrr!

My guild mates cannot pick up my trades because they don't have Early Middle Age goods. My train is stalled until I complete research and gain a stronger army or my neighbors start helpin' out a fellow FoE player. At least I'll get to use my favorite units - Mounted Archers. Yes!

DeletedUser41065

Yes, going up an age during an event pretty much means "bye-bye" completing the event...
You need to research most tech asap and get some goods buildings going as well, and I hope you have the bonus completed on the campaign map.
Regards

A12A

You don't have a bum train. Since the extra productions of the train are not dependent on being motivated, and motivating the Winter Train only doubles its coin production, it's very low on the Mo/Po list. Somewhere in the neighborhood of a regular residential building.
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. I was under impression that it also doubles production points, as I was getting around 2900 points instead of 1300. Thought its the polish and production bonus from the tavern, if its not might be LoA + tavern.

GangalfTheGrey

When you complete the Reindeer Sleigh collection, it requires 2995 diamonds to collect. This is ridiculous! There should be a way to collect without diamonds. You can't even collect individual items without diamonds. There is no way anyone will win that many diamonds which means the only way to win anything from this is to buy diamonds. This won't hapen with me. I refuse to spend real money for this!

RazorbackPirate

When you complete the Reindeer Sleigh collection, it requires 2995 diamonds to collect. This is ridiculous! There should be a way to collect without diamonds.
Why? I get it you want the stuff in the collection without needing diamonds, but why should Inno give it to you without needing diamonds? You lose nothing by not collecting the Reindeer.
There is no way anyone will win that many diamonds which means the only way to win anything from this is to buy diamonds. This won't happen with me. I refuse to spend real money for this!
Sure there is. I'm currently sitting on 5865 free diamonds shared between my two cities. By the end of the Winter Event, I'll easily have 6k, more than enough to purchase the collection in each of my cities should I choose. So far, I've yet to collect anything worth using those hard-earned diamonds for, but I'll have the option, for free.

With the introduction of GBG, free diamonds are easier than ever to collect. I've no problem with Inno giving me another place to spend them. I also won't have missed out on anything if I don't spend them. I'll still get the Winter Train and a half dozen cars, for free. The collection will have to have some pretty great stuff for me to part with that many diamonds. So far no, but we'll see.

qaccy

@GangalfTheGrey What's important is that the event is balanced as if the reindeer collection didn't exist. Reindeer stuff is basically all a bonus, which is why it has a diamond cost. Ignoring it completely, you can still get a fully upgraded train and whatever prizes you pick up from spending your stars, just like with every other event. The reindeer are there as a new feature to let those willing to spend the diamonds get even more stuff in addition to that.

DeletedUser8420

Winter event is ok....the reindeer part was exciting at first until I realized (quickly) that you could only collect if you used diamonds. Since I had used what diamonds I had accumulated on BG (which came extremely close to the winter event) I am tapped out on diamonds. To get enough to access reindeer I would have to purchase them. NOT HAPPENING, at 2995 diamonds, I would have to spend REAL LIFE $50.00. THAT is almost what I pay for 2 weeks worth of groceries. Let's see purchase imaginary goods or groceries. Groceries win hands down, ya think? Yep I want to eat each day vs fake goods that will eventually be deleted.

Yes, as someone stated there are some that may have the ability to collect enough diamonds for free, if you have enough cities to mine for diamonds. Of course, you have to have enough time to do so. I actually feel sorry those that do, they must have a really poor social life to spend that much time in front of the computer. Oh well to each their own.

Also, the event stopping progression and forces us to do only 1 quest per day for 25 days...just makes it drudgery as it prolongs the event artificially. So am I participating? Yes, but do I care whether or not I actually complete it. No, as the excitement for the event lasted all of 15 minutes then evaporated.

DeletedUser40996

@GangalfTheGrey What's important is that the event is balanced as if the reindeer collection didn't exist. Reindeer stuff is basically all a bonus, which is why it has a diamond cost. Ignoring it completely, you can still get a fully upgraded train and whatever prizes you pick up from spending your stars, just like with every other event. The reindeer are there as a new feature to let those willing to spend the diamonds get even more stuff in addition to that.
Yep . It's not necessary to buy the reindeer prizes to complete event but it is a nice bonus for those that want to spend Diamonds if they like / want those prizes

Algona

There is no way anyone will win that many diamonds

I've been playing about as long as you have. Never bought any Diamonds, just what I've scavenged through the years from Quests, GE, WWs/FoYs. No Diamond farms although I have 30 WWs total in 2 cities. I've paid for all Diamond Expansions in 2 CE cities, Diamond collect both cities daily, don't hesitate to spend Diamonds when I deem necessary , and currently am sitting on 21K Diamonds.

GE lvl 4 has been around for over 2 years. Even moderate luck and completing 64 each week would earn 10K Diamonds.

INNO provides a LOT of Diamonds for free, you just gotta find 'em.

Meanwhile on topic: It's another Winter Event. I'm fine with it. I doubt I'll drop 3K Diamonds on whatever the Reindeers decide to bring, but since I've opened exactly 1 Present in each world, I haven't a clue on whether or not I'll be tempted. I've got no problem with INNO offering this, I certainly don't have to take it and am happy that others see fit to do so. Mo' options, mo' better.

RazorbackPirate

Yes, as someone stated there are some that may have the ability to collect enough diamonds for free, if you have enough cities to mine for diamonds. Of course, you have to have enough time to do so. I actually feel sorry those that do, they must have a really poor social life to spend that much time in front of the computer. Oh well to each their own.
I have exactly 2 cities. Neither of which is a diamond mine. In fact, I only have 2 WWs placed in each city. All those free diamonds I've collected are just from playing the game.

While I could spend $50.00 in RL money without thinking about it, I can't see the point when simply playing the game well gets me everything I want and need to succeed in the game for free.

Speaking of feeling sorry, if spending $50 on a game means you wouldn't eat for 2 weeks, you may want to ditch the game and use that time to earn some income.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.