• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Wildlife Event 2024

jaymoney23456

Didn't spend diamonds or buy the pass in Fall '22, Halloween '22, Forge Bowl '23.

It sounds like you might be happier playing another game, as FoE events are not going back to the simple format. I wouldn't be surprised to see the gift box shuffle disappear by time Summer '24 rolls around.
It may be true that inno isn't going back to a simple format but you can't claim to know this as a fact. I bet they would return to it in a hurry if they thought it would make more money thanthe current format. Also, its a bit outdated to talk about not spending diamonds for events that are over 1 year old or nearly a year old. Most players would have spent diamonds or bought the pass if they wanted to get the upgrade for the chocolatly building. I had to and I always made sure I only spent stars when I could clear a board and get at least the extra 10 stars for that and its not like there is really anything else a player could do to try to max out their event currency except finish the questline and log in every day. Getting presents with stars, getting a good amt of 2 candles vs. 1 candle and getting any stars from incidents was a total crapshoot.
Also, maybe players would be happier if every event didn't become more and more of a cash grab. ALienating lots of players in a quest to wring as much revenue out of a game is a poor long term strategy!

Sharmon the Impaler

Also is it just me or do the avatars here look like Brad Pitt and Dax Shepard, respectively?

4227eef40d08c86cf1f87fcea0076858
552375b93e737f317f22a15a425dc6a3
The first one looks like a rip from a GTA game

It may be your browser (or app).
Oh, spare me ... that's such a lame line. It reflects InnoGames' standard practice of not taking responsibility for their programming.

I'm using the same browser that I have used for at least a year on this game. What suddenly changed? InnoGames programming changed. But I'm the one to blame?? :rolleyes:

Sharmon the Impaler

Oh, spare me ... that's such a lame line. It reflects InnoGames' standard practice of not taking responsibility for their programming.

I'm using the same browser that I have used for at least a year on this game. What suddenly changed? InnoGames programming changed. But I'm the one to blame?? :rolleyes:
Inno's object destruction is very sloppy , I clear my cache twice a day and switch up browsers too. Firefox is notorious for pushing untested updates that break client<>server connections many times per year. I am not a fanboy as you know and make no excuses for the slop Inno calls programming.

Pericles the Lion

I'm not having any problem seeing the images on my PC. When you figure out the solution let us know. My bet is that the problem is on your end.

JJ597

Hey, Inno! Did you do a copy/paste from last years Wildlife event? We can win a "PANDA RESERVE" while below is the Flamingo Habitat!

Attachments

• FOE wildlife 1 12 2024.png
    FOE wildlife 1 12 2024.png
    362.2 KB · Views: 9

Wwwoodchuck

No talk in any Guild I am in about the event. No one has posted the questlines or a thread about the reward system or a strategy, there has been nothing. No links for Mooingcat, Uber, FoEhints, or any other video’s about the event or strategies. I do not remember another event that has had complete silence the day before it started in all the guilds and on the web. Possibly it is due to the season, folks having issues or real life projects getting in the way.

For me, the Wildlife Event has not even started yet and I have no plans to do more than casually play. This is the first event that I am not going to actively try for the building. I am not going to turn the next 30 days into a JOB where I HAVE to make sure I have one active space for a ticket to accumulate while still maintaining enough stock to be prepared to spend under 48 hours working on one of 3 surprise, 30-something long Rival quests.

Yes, I looked through the Rival questlines from beta. They all seem more like a pain in the backside to worry about completing than a fun, leisure time activity. And for those folks who look forward to them and enjoy them, go for it! Enjoy! I am sure that by completing them you will gain a HUGE edge and do much, much better in the event than I do! You rule, I drool!!

I may or may not get the full building. Either way it is going to have zero influence on my ability to play FoE in Titan. Truth be known… I likely have a better building in inventory already. Heck, I may have a dozen or more better buildings in inventory! I would just have to go through 9 pages of fragment inventory and assemble them, then check using an outside add-on to see how many of each level of each building I have, then check to see if they have a silver or gold level under a different name, then check the dozen or more Epic collection kits and/or reward chests I forgot to open to see if I have any other kits for each of those buildings, then….

HRmm.. Ya know what? Unless Inno decides to make different and brand new kinds of “military boosts” for different parts of the game, I likely make more than enough fragments of buildings to keep replacing weaker buildings in my city without ever having to do another event! But they would never do that, would they? Have a one military boost for say GbG, then a different one for GE, then a different one for Quantum Incursions, then a different one for…… … … …

CDmark

I played it in beta, Wildlife is one of my favorite mini games. This is one where I usually would spend some diamonds.

Two things I didn't like

Extra moves cost 65 but we got 5 instead of 10 - really hurt the value of this tool, a 50% cut (hmm must have talked to the GE diamond coordinator)

7 more days - now having said that this is my favorite mini game, the old way, 21 days, by the end I am ready for it to be over. I had just about enough block popping. Those extra 7 days started to drag on and on, every day reminding me they screwed me on the extra moves for 65 coin (10 to 5). Maybe they fixed or changed it.

Pericles the Lion

I may or may not get the full building. Either way it is going to have zero influence on my ability to play FoE in Titan. Truth be known… I likely have a better building in inventory already. Heck, I may have a dozen or more better buildings in inventory! I would just have to go through 9 pages of fragment inventory and assemble them, then check using an outside add-on to see how many of each level of each building I have, then check to see if they have a silver or gold level under a different name, then check the dozen or more Epic collection kits and/or reward chests I forgot to open to see if I have any other kits for each of those buildings, then….

HRmm.. Ya know what? Unless Inno decides to make different and brand new kinds of “military boosts” for different parts of the game, I likely make more than enough fragments of buildings to keep replacing weaker buildings in my city without ever having to do another event! But they would never do that, would they? Have a one military boost for say GbG, then a different one for GE, then a different one for Quantum Incursions, then a different one for…… … … …
When you finish checking your inventory for all of the buildings that are better than this Event's main building please share your findings. I'm wondering what you find that is superior to 50%/60% red boosts (in SAT for GBG) plus 80 goods (SAT) on 20 squares.

Wwwoodchuck

When you finish checking your inventory for all of the buildings that are better than this Event's main building please share your findings. I'm wondering what you find that is superior to 50%/60% red boosts (in SAT for GBG) plus 80 goods (SAT) on 20 squares.
So far, several of them! Wow, I am going to have to get busy making room!!!

xivarmy

No talk in any Guild I am in about the event. No one has posted the questlines or a thread about the reward system or a strategy, there has been nothing. No links for Mooingcat, Uber, FoEhints, or any other video’s about the event or strategies. I do not remember another event that has had complete silence the day before it started in all the guilds and on the web. Possibly it is due to the season, folks having issues or real life projects getting in the way.

For me, the Wildlife Event has not even started yet and I have no plans to do more than casually play. This is the first event that I am not going to actively try for the building. I am not going to turn the next 30 days into a JOB where I HAVE to make sure I have one active space for a ticket to accumulate while still maintaining enough stock to be prepared to spend under 48 hours working on one of 3 surprise, 30-something long Rival quests.

Yes, I looked through the Rival questlines from beta. They all seem more like a pain in the backside to worry about completing than a fun, leisure time activity. And for those folks who look forward to them and enjoy them, go for it! Enjoy! I am sure that by completing them you will gain a HUGE edge and do much, much better in the event than I do! You rule, I drool!!

I am actually planning to play this event - and it may be the last event I play for some time. But this year's building has nothing to do with my interest in it ;)

If you're building towards one of the 14 finish a day setups so that you can blue galaxy the same building 15 times a day, the ultimate payload for that as it stands, is last year's Panda Shrine with 33 Lotus Flower Lakes chained to it. Now I did get my panda shrine last year - but I had no intention of making an ultrachain with it at that point - so I have only a few of the chain pieces to go with it available.

Ultimately I'm still not ready to be adding this chain to my city yet as for now my finishes go to making more buildings that make more finishes. But it's not something that comes along frequently so I'll be chasing down enough daily specials this event in my main that when I'm ready I can build it.

Interestingly, I hadn't even really looked yet at how good the new buildings are yet because I'd been distracted by that - and by not playing FoE for much of the month of december :p But they are good.

Perhaps most remarkable is the Raccoon Hideout (2x1), available exclusively as a daily special.

It's the new "best house" (population and coins for the space) to support the -population buildings if you want them.
It's a new best goods producer - particularly to the extent you value having some previous goods - 10.5 goods per tile!
It makes a rogue - good for either diverting from the need for your traz to make them as well as your preferred unit - or for getting ready to sink the big ugly island.
It has some military stats.

Also good are the offspring of the Flamingo Paradise which now give full value to population providers. The Flamingo Paradise itself... meh. It's mostly a production factory for tapir trails and alligator swamps. Though it may also have some appeal for people sick of paying for blue stats in the item budget.

And the gold league building being so big this time, it offers a very nice boost for those who decide to play the event super-hard, even if they don't want more flamingo paradises.

I don't know that the new stuff alters my plans much though (for the event or my main city's longterm focus).

PJS299

Hey, Inno! Did you do a copy/paste from last years Wildlife event? We can win a "PANDA RESERVE" while below is the Flamingo Habitat!
Wouldn't be the first time... The 2023 Fellowship event loading screens had lots of things from the 2022 event. Like fellows, and "The New Knight's Pavilion."

Dursland

I'm amused by the fact someone here called me out for being "all in on events, full stop" and here I am awake at 3:19am waiting for it to start.

Gotta use up those tickets to get new ones!

I'm excited to see the rebalancing on rivals quests. I was going to skip them but now they sound doable and definitely worthwhile.