• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

50% less GE Diamonds? More Like 75-90% (3yr Data Sheet)

Did the loss of diamond rewards in GE this week cause the game to lose sparkle for you?

• Sadly, Yes

Votes: 60 52.2%
  • Angrily, Yes

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Happily, Yes

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I'm Confused

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • No Comment

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Unprintable Comment!

Votes: 17 14.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

La Marchessa

My preliminary results are in: I will have some graphs and more follow up on the data in the next few days.

Big first macro question - How many diamonds on average did I make per week playing GE in five cities through 64 encounters over three years?

ANSWER: AVERAGED 743 DIAMONDS EARNED SOLELY IN GE PER WEEK

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

My preliminary results are in: I will have some graphs and more follow up on the data in the next few days.

Big first macro question - How many diamonds on average did I make per week playing GE in five cities through 64 encounters over three years?

ANSWER: AVERAGED 743 DIAMONDS EARNED SOLELY IN GE PER WEEK
Your sample has an average of 148.6 diamonds per city per season. Currently, players get 3 opportunities to win 90 diamonds. Each opportunity has a 30% chance of winning the diamonds (3 x 90 x 0.30 = 81). Over time, the expected average amount of diamond winnings per season is 81. Comparing this with your sample mean shows that the average reduction in the number of diamonds won during a GE season is 45.5%.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Your sample has an average of 148.6 diamonds per city per season. Currently, players get 3 opportunities to win 90 diamonds. Each opportunity has a 30% chance of winning the diamonds (3 x 90 x 0.30 = 81). Over time, the expected average amount of diamond winnings per season is 81. Comparing this with your sample mean shows that the average reduction in the number of diamonds won during a GE season is 45.5%.
LOL. This seems like a "LeBron is the GOAT" statistics post. You'll try anything to minimize what Inno has done. :rolleyes:

Pericles the Lion

LOL. This seems like a "LeBron is the GOAT" statistics post. You'll try anything to minimize what Inno has done. :rolleyes:
I thought that you had me on ignore. :p

Please share something constructive. What in my post is incorrect? It's a rhetorical question. The answer is "nothing". Based on the OP's data, they will experience a 45.5% reduction in diamond rewards if they continue to complete level 4. Their result is within the margin of error relative to the statement that there was a 50% reduction in diamond rewards. When you rebut, and you won't be able to resist, please dazzle us with some real analysis and not just hyperbole.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Please share something constructive. What in my post is incorrect? It's a rhetorical question. The answer is "nothing". Based on the OP's data, they will experience a 45.5% reduction in diamond rewards if they continue to complete level 4. Their result is within the margin of error relative to the statement that there was a 50% reduction in diamond rewards. When you rebut, and you won't be able to resist, please dazzle us with some real analysis and not just hyperbole.
Let me explain. "LeBron is the GOAT" statistic posts also have nothing technically incorrect about them. However, they are cherry picked to support an agenda. Like you pointing out that her apparent reduction is Diamond rewards is (only) 45.5%. It supports your agenda that the reduction in Diamond rewards is less problematic than others believe. The fact is that even a 25% reduction in probable Diamond rewards is very problematic when many players have spent years building Diamond farms based on the previous rewards. People always claim that it's "too far down the road" to nerf the overpowered Arc GB, and that players would revolt if it were to happen. This isn't much different from an Arc nerf in terms of players negatively affected. In fact, there are probably more players affected by this nerf, because even if you just finish level 1 of GE you would have had a chance at Diamonds that you don't have now. We know, you don't care about GE Diamond rewards. We get it. But you've said nothing at any point that is a credible defense of what Inno has done.

Pericles the Lion

Let me explain. "LeBron is the GOAT" statistic posts also have nothing technically incorrect about them. However, they are cherry picked to support an agenda. Like you pointing out that her apparent reduction is Diamond rewards is (only) 45.5%. It supports your agenda that the reduction in Diamond rewards is less problematic than others believe. The fact is that even a 25% reduction in probable Diamond rewards is very problematic when many players have spent years building Diamond farms based on the previous rewards. People always claim that it's "too far down the road" to nerf the overpowered Arc GB, and that players would revolt if it were to happen. This isn't much different from an Arc nerf in terms of players negatively affected. In fact, there are probably more players affected by this nerf, because even if you just finish level 1 of GE you would have had a chance at Diamonds that you don't have now. We know, you don't care about GE Diamond rewards. We get it. But you've said nothing at any point that is a credible defense of what Inno has done.
Unlike your entire post, my comment that there was a 45.5% reduction is a statement of fact and is on topic.

Pericles the Lion

To be honest Pericles is coming off as an Inno shill. He started out complaining when the "update" was really a downgrade a couple years back like many others did. Now it doesn't matter what Inno does to the game , it's all for our own good. He lost his credibility with me about 4 months ago when suddenly Inno could do no wrong in his opinion. Being on the forum 24/7 it seems to dispute any and all complaints seems a little odd to me to.
I don't know which "update" you are referring to and I suspect no one else does either. The simple fact is that I frequently disagree with you and JBG. Get over it. No one has any obligation to support your narrative.

La Marchessa

yep, the pattern of that poster is glaringly obvious. : )

Anyone who would argue there is only a 50% change or less in the amount of diamonds as weekly rewards in GE is weak in the noggin. That can be determined without data lol

Pericles the Lion

yep, the pattern of that poster is glaringly obvious. : )

Anyone who would argue there is only a 50% change or less in the amount of diamonds as weekly rewards in GE is weak in the noggin. That can be determined without data lol
It seems foolish to collect three years of data, input it, "analyze" it and then ignore the results because they do not support the narrative. :rolleyes:

Thank you for sharing the raw data and your average weekly collection. Reasonable players can draw their own conclusions.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Unlike your entire post, my comment that there was a 45.5% reduction is a statement of fact and is on topic.
No, it's a statement of probability. You can't mix actual data with "expected" future results and call it a fact. There might be a 45.5% reduction, but we don't know that yet. But characterizing it as a fact suits your agenda, so you spin it that way.
To be honest Pericles is coming off as an Inno shill. He started out complaining when the "update" was really a downgrade a couple years back like many others did. Now it doesn't matter what Inno does to the game , it's all for our own good. He lost his credibility with me about 4 months ago when suddenly Inno could do no wrong in his opinion. Being on the forum 24/7 it seems to dispute any and all complaints seems a little odd to me too.
Ironically, I used to be accused of being an Inno shill a few years back. Of course, that's before they started screwing the game up royally.

Flynn013

Everyone complaining about diamonds being nerfed needs to realize that INNO is most likely doing this because of all the diamond farms out there.
Not enough people are buying diamonds which cuts into their profit margin. Keep building diamond farms and I'm sure they will nerf diamond rewards even more.
Same reason that you have to pay actual money now to get some of the stuff from events. Too many people with too many free diamonds.
They came up with an abort limit on recurring quests to stop people from using the CF as a perpetual motion machine.
I think they are still looking at reducing siege camps in GbG for the same reason, people are working the game and getting too much too quickly.

MariB64

Hazel please come vote in my poll. : )
Yep I was excited about the thought of a challenge when I heard about a level 5, especially since when the guild I'm in could open level 4 I was able to complete fairly easily...and sometimes I thought the rewards in level 4 were kinda lame the prospect of getting some diamonds made it worth it, plus the challenge was fun. Since they took the diamonds completely away from all the other levels and replaced them with fragments of lame rewards that I don't really want I know I've lost interest in GE and in the game as a whole. really. I mean I play only because I don't want to totally let my friends list peeps down or my guild down, but yeah not much incentive anymore

La Marchessa

Everyone complaining about diamonds being nerfed needs to realize that INNO is most likely doing this because of all the diamond farms out there.
Not enough people are buying diamonds which cuts into their profit margin. Keep building diamond farms and I'm sure they will nerf diamond rewards even more.
Same reason that you have to pay actual money now to get some of the stuff from events. Too many people with too many free diamonds.
They came up with an abort limit on recurring quests to stop people from using the CF as a perpetual motion machine.
I think they are still looking at reducing siege camps in GbG for the same reason, people are working the game and getting too much too quickly.
...but what is rather amusing to me is that i've seen MANY many more players than ever saying "I'm going to convert my 2nd and 3rd cities into diamond farms now since Inno did this..."
I'm not talking about myself, i'm talking about what I've seen many others saying in all the worlds I'm in, people that never had diamond farms before but had a stack of wells in inventory.

A full blown Striesand Effect, aka backfire on steroids.

La Marchessa

To be honest Pericles is coming off as an Inno shill. He started out complaining when the "update" was really a downgrade a couple years back like many others did. Now it doesn't matter what Inno does to the game , it's all for our own good. He lost his credibility with me about 4 months ago when suddenly Inno could do no wrong in his opinion. Being on the forum 24/7 it seems to dispute any and all complaints seems a little odd to me too.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

La Marchessa

thanks for your patience anyone interested in this thread- I do have some more results to share and some graphs, but the data entry took so long a break was needed for other things put aside. will return with more sometime this week I hope.