1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.153

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Anniversary Contest Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcement Feedback' started by Sovereign, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Roxana 1184 the Wise

Roxana 1184 the Wise Well-Known Member

Tracing backwards, I figured it was the witch, but the way the paths crossed each other made me hesitate. I traced both of the others, and they clearly went off the screen, so that also confirmed the witch.

Graviton, mommabearX4 and Salsuero like this.
  2. RoyalAdnan

RoyalAdnan Active Member

Worlds:
    Rugnir
    where we supposed to spot the differences and circle them in Contest 1
    were the winners for Contest 1 radnomly selected?
    from Contest 1 page

The winners of Contest 1
    upload_2019-4-24_21-37-34.png

fancybobforge's post sakkie6yster's post goldeneagle1001's post quawhiteraven's post abaddon4000's post miej's post kimVM's post

Salsuero likes this.
  3. mommabearX4

mommabearX4 New Member

Congrats to the winners!! I looked and looked and looked and could only find six. I knew I was missing one but just couldn't see it, it was the knob on the lamp. Well done to all the eagle eyes!

4. FearlessElaine1958

FearlessElaine1958 New Member

how to find out when contests are happening and where to go to see contests

5. Dido 815 the Scourge

Dido 815 the Scourge Active Member

After reading through some of the responses on the posted contest page, I seriously wonder how some people function in real life.

BananaBallZ likes this.
  6. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

Yes, from Contest 1 page:

Yes, from Contest 1 page:

7. RoyalAdnan

RoyalAdnan Active Member

Worlds:
    Rugnir
    if we were supposed to spot the differences and encircle them and attach
    how come some of these winners of the Contest 1 even win when they didn't even circle or attach

Salsuero likes this.
  8. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

We don't know what they attached to the contest page, nobody else can see it. Their posts in this thread were a waste of time, so I'm guessing they figured that out and want back and did it right.

9. RoyalAdnan

RoyalAdnan Active Member

Worlds:
    Rugnir
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Salsuero and Graviton like this.
  10. purps99

purps99 Active Member

They were also instructed to circle on the 2nd picture not the first. Some of the winners attached the first picture.

RoyalAdnan and Salsuero like this.
  11. Salsuero

Salsuero Well-Known Member

People who can't follow simple directions getting rewarded. Yep. Sounds about right.

12. Dan the Benificent

Dan the Benificent New Member

Wow! Awarded a trophy; thank you. -been playing for a bit more than a year and still enjoying the game.

13. Douglas the strange 221

Douglas the strange 221 New Member

I really enjoyed the contest for the 7th anniversary. I was not able to figure out one of the contests but competed in all of the others. Hope it is just as exciting for the 8th anniversary.

By the way, I also hope there is something special done to commemorate the burning of Notre Dame Cathedral next year. Would be interesting for anyone with one in their city to have it light up for 24 hours or something interesting. The burning will be forever in our history as the original building being built.

14. Kranyar the Mysterious

Kranyar the Mysterious Active Member

??? Trophy ???

Do you mean the fp? Congrats on that by the way.

15. Manda the first

Manda the first Well-Known Member

*Edit* never mind I was looking at the picture submitted under winner 1 but it wasn't that persons picture since they didn't post one. They did have the correct number just didn't follow the directions.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  16. Dan the Benificent

Dan the Benificent New Member

No. I mistook a message saying that I had been awarded a trophy (for first post here) to be about the contests lol Thanks for your congrats on winning the FPs.

17. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

Indeed. I worked it out by looking at the direction of the edges to tell me which bit belonged to which path. Got to say, I enjoyed that the paths overlapped so it's not super obvious without looking although still fairly easy

Salsuero likes this.
  18. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

The method suggested makes it easiest on the mods to go through the answers and speeds up the process

However the most important thing was that the answers are correct. It's upto the mod checking answers whether they're going strictly to the letter for submission method or whether it just needs to be correct answer. However as many pointed out in the feedback thread not everyone had the tools on their system to easily upload and could only do text submissions.

19. RoyalAdnan

RoyalAdnan Active Member

Worlds:
    Rugnir
    if that was the case, then why make unnecessary criteria to encircle the differences and then tell us to attach the edited image?
    [​IMG]
    and yet some of them won!!
    I'm not against any players winning the contest . . all i'm saying is, there are more correct entries than the ones who have posted it in an incorrect format (if the contest creators value their word and Contest rules).
    If Contest Creators do not strictly want to adhere to Circle the differences or attach the edited image, then every Contest 1 participant is equally entitled to win Contest 1 rewards despite of their incorrect or correct entries.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Salsuero likes this.
  20. amativissimus

amativissimus New Member

Is there going to be a single page where we can find out all the winners?