• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2020 Feedback

DeletedUser16739

The Beta server is just that. It isn't 'insider' information. There is an open forum. It is for testing. If there was an issue w game balance, fine. Make it known.

It isn't difficult to understand.

Sure, they could do whatever they like. Not the point.

DeletedUser32558

The Beta server is just that. It isn't 'insider' information. There is an open forum. It is for testing. If there was an issue w game balance, fine. Make it known.

It isn't difficult to understand.

Sure, they could do whatever they like. Not the point.
, by mistake I used scrolls to Carousells and then thought that I can still get few checkmates... this just was uninspiring change and left very bad after taste for event...

Graviton

I don't play beta because, well, it's beta. By definition, it doesn't count. It's the difference between an artist's sketchbook and a completed comic.

I do like the archaeology mechanic very much. Not a fan of the Airship. The ship itself is fine but I don't want to bother making room for it. There's one city where I already have an open spot where it would fit, I might plant it there, haven't decided yet. I'll probably sell it in my other cities.

Ctik

I love all the hand wringing, pearl clutching, and hair on fire posts filled with empty threats. Reading them is almost as much fun as playing the mini game.

Fact: Only a small number of players are aware of and use the Beta spoilers from the 'wiki that shall not be named.'
Supporting link to these numbers please.
Fact: Of those players aware of the spoilers, only a few were waiting for the CMS and the CMS only.
Again, numbers please.
Fact: More consistent with the event, the Carousel ran twice, the Carousel introduced during last year's Archaeology event.
Fact: Any diamonds purchased can be use in other ways, or saved for future events.
Fact: Diamond purchasers who withhold future diamond purchases when desirable attack buildings are available, only hurt themselves. Which is why the diamond purchases will continue and why the threats are empty.
Where do you get your information? You work for INNO? Must be as it is the only possible answer to all your comments otherwise they are all guesses.
Fact: Inno knows these facts, and why they know this is a non-issue.
Of course INNO knows this. They would not be around for 17 years if they didn't. Any company that knows how to manipulate their customers right to the edge of leaving will keep doing so until they step over the line. This event will let them know if they can keep pushing farther or need to step back and keep making record profits.
While these posts are entertaining to read, they're futile. No one got screwed, there was no bait and switch, and the vast majority of players have no idea this even happened. By the next event, all will be forgotten and forgiven. The diamonds will flow once again, so you can get all the brand new attack buildings from the Soccer Cup event.

So throw your fits, and cry it all out. I'll go make some popcorn and open a bottle of whine to fully enjoy the outrage. (Wine/Whine - see what I did there?)

Inno, As a fellow player said above you can hide behind "prizes from beta may be different from the real worlds" but we will never forget this day, the day you F***ed us over.
No one got "F**ed over" here; how you can equate INNO changing a prize with getting screwed over reveals your immaturity and sense of entitlement. I buy diamonds period. I will continue to buy diamonds period. INNO is NOT scared of your empty threats and longing for things you believe are "fair". When you spend real money this becomes the real economy, and there is not much "fair" to everyone in the real economy; but you will always have your choice as to whether you want to spend money for diamonds or not. The reality is enough of us do and INNO keeps making new content because of the diamond buyers, not the free to pay players. And to be perfectly clear, I have ZERO issue with the free to play players. I think the personal choice lies within each individual player; but please understand your empty threats of not buying because you believe INNO pulled something over on you reveals you for the type of petty individual you seem to be.

Algona

INNO gives explicit warning,about possible changes from beta to live, players are dismissing that as 'hiding.'

INNO has a history of making these changes, players are still upset about this.

Folk chose to ignore these, got burned, and are now upset.

Why they are upset with INNO is way beyond me. You folks who are pissed off are the ones that screwed up.

----------

Of course INNO knows this. They would not be around for 17 years if they didn't. Any company that knows how to manipulate their customers right to the edge of leaving will keep doing so until they step over the line. This event will let them know if they can keep pushing farther or need to step back and keep making record profits.

I agree with your underlying facts that INNO is financially competent and understands their player base.

You omitted the evidence and reasoning that lead from those facts to your conclusion that INNO is at a point where they now "manipulate their customers right to the edge of leaving will keep doing so until they step over the line"

----------

it doesn't take much to figure that quite a few would miss out when they could have made it clear from the start that the checkmate square would not show up and save quite a bit of grief.

Two awful precedents.

Once INNO explicitly states this change they are on the hook to do so for each beta Event.

Worse it implies that INNO is responsible in any way tor meet the expectations of players regarding what happens in beta being brought to live servers.

Neither does INNO any good, this forum is replete with instances where after INNO did anything akin players used that as justification to complain and ask for more.

RazorbackPirate

Supporting link to these numbers please.
Think what you want, I don't care. I do know I'm the only one in my guild who uses the wiki during events, one of the few in any guild I've been in on any world. Extrapolating from that to all the players, people who follow the beta spoilers are a very small minority compared to those who play the events.
Again, numbers please.
Again, think what you want, I don't care. Where's your link to your numbers genius?
Where do you get your information? You work for INNO? Must be as it is the only possible answer to all your comments otherwise they are all guesses.
Anecdotal, no different than yours. Even if I did work for Inno, I still wouldn't have those numbers, Inno pays no attention to the Fan Wiki or the number of folks who use it. Hence why they don't care what was published on it and why they don't feel beholden to any of the spoilers.
So we agree. Thanks for the entertaining hand wringing and pearl clutching it took you to get there. No one was manipulated, but thanks for the hair on fire response as well. Might need to grab another bowl of popcorn, I suspect they'll be a lot more whine.

Last edited:

CDmark

Well, it didn't really surprise me and I planned for it. I have been providing the historical references for the last 6 to 7 days. Just the information in summary form, so everyone doesn't have to look it up. I didn't mind doing it bcs I was interested in the possible outcomes. I haven't seen this scenario so it got my Spock eyebrow up...lol. Why they didn't put it, I really do not know. I am not sure why players would have to purchase diamonds for it, at a minimum, every player could have gotten 5 of them if they saved their scrolls (very, very conservative number, 5). I could see if it was the Asylum for the grand prize with the Checkmate special, that could open up my wallet (for the cuckoo house). Winner, winner, chicken dinner, get those L2 Winners Plazas next event, Checkmate square will be like a beginners Checkers building with a free ticket to ride the Carousel. You just need to figure out the next event, seems interesting, lots of details.

RazorbackPirate

Doesn't the Checkmate Square show up in the AD? I coulda sworn I've seen it there.
Yup. I've picked up 3 so far, all at bargain basement prices. I've seen it offered many more times than that, but I won't pay the crazy prices I sometimes see. I'll just patiently await the items I want, when I can get them for a price I'm willing to pay.

Freshmeboy

Great event awesome freak of a prize...however I was disappointed I never got the silver tablet #2 for the extra tools and the avatar. I did forty+ tablet quests and not once did that badboy appear in either city. I did so many I received an extra two upgrades but it wasn't to be. Note to INNO,... deprivation of tools is one thing but the avatar is another...don't attach them in the future..

qaccy

Checkmate Square (and other +attack buildings) is available at the Antiques Dealer.

Winner's Plaza (with a shiny new second level!) will be available in the upcoming Soccer Cup event.

Even if the CS was a daily prize and I was interested in +attack buildings, I'd have skipped over it anyway because I'd be waiting to get Winner's Plazas in less than a month from now. Simple as that.

Zatrikon

I'm annoyed at the distribution of the clay tablets. I play in two worlds. In one, I got two complete sets (and many extras of the commons), and in the other world, I found just as many total tablets, but only ever 5 different ones. Never once found Silver 2, Silver 3, or Gold.