• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology Event Progress

DeletedUser40061

Managed to get my WF up to Lv 9 so far - won a bunch of other stuff - as far as I'm concerned this format is a winner.
More of the same please!

i take it youve uncovered a lot of buried treasure eh? some people have al the luck.:oops:

DeletedUser30312

See, this is why my English will never be as good as my Spanish.

Don't worry, that's not a common word, and Algona was showing off. I recognized it right off as the antonym of lilliputian. Possibly he slipped in the reference to Gulliver's Travels into his brogue there as Swift generally identified himself as Irish. Or at least, that's how I read it. Or maybe he just thinks we're all Yahoos.

Once a sand time has turned from dark to light, if you don't see anything in the sand, the is nothing hidden in that tile. Hopefully that will help you use your tools more efficiently not using them on tiles with no treasure.

True enough, but there's also an elements of RNG involved. I haven't really been pushing too far on it myself, and I'm not really too worried about the World's Fair, since it's pretty big and only generates FP and goods. Not that that's bad, but I don't have the room for it right now/ I was more interested in the Carousel myself, and I'm mostly looking to see if any more of the really good Historical Event buildings show up again, otherwise there's little besides Watchfire upgrades I'm interested in getting.

RazorbackPirate

Or maybe he just thinks we're all Yahoos.
Or have Yahoo, or Bing, or Google, or ...

True enough, but there's also an elements of RNG involved. I haven't really been pushing too far on it myself, and I'm not really too worried about the World's Fair, since it's pretty big and only generates FP and goods. Not that that's bad, but I don't have the room for it right now/ I was more interested in the Carousel myself, and I'm mostly looking to see if any more of the really good Historical Event buildings show up again, otherwise there's little besides Watchfire upgrades I'm interested in getting.
Haven't played too many days. I went for Carousels and got a Kiosk. I am trying to get a level 10 World's Fair, but like you am limited in space. Depending on how I can rearrange, I suspect it will replace a TF that goes into storage. Even the Carousels, I've got more than I need or have room for now, but more for later as space increases and needs change.

For me, when it comes to event buildings, it's, "Get'em while they're hot." As we've seen by the time they come around again, they might be a bit stale. I'd rather have them and not need them, then need them and not have them.

DeletedUser30312

True, but changes in the game meta might make an overstock obsolete as well. You never know. Usually these unique event building I got for about 3-4 since that's usually doable with the RNG and provides a useful supply without whaling.

I did shoot for only three Carousels, but there was an unclaimed broken vase with normal units in it I picked up. I had just leveled up my city, and I figured an unattached unit would give me a head start, but the RNG decided to get silly and give me that 5% for the Carousel instead. Does that all the time to me, I try for that 50% or whatever for extra FP on the DC, I get the Indian Palace for 5%.

DeletedUser37617

I had three wishing wells in storage because I did not have shrink kits for them. I had been saving up hoping the shrink kits would show up, I spent all my scrolls but got the three I needed plus two extras :)

DeletedUser40274

you know that feeling where you step in a mall to buy something small, and come out with a lot of extra stuff? That's going to be me soon! I hate waiting to spend my tools for a shrine of knowledge and not knowing if/when it shall be delivered :'(

DeletedUser30312

Well, there's at least one SoK from picking up idols, so you'll probably get that anyway.

Super Catanian

I am up to date with all of the Quests. WF is currently at Level 7. I’ve only ever bought the most expensive toolkit thing all the time, never anything else.
If all goes well, I will get one more Upgrade Kit at the end of the Quest line, and two more from the tunnel.

Great event!

Dido 815 the Scourge

I play on 3 servers; 1 Colonial, 2 EMA. ALL 3 cities have a level 7 WF, I’ve passed the first 50 FP grand prize, and now I’m working towards another WF upgrade in each. So realistically, my WFs could all be level 9 no problem (1 Grand prize upgrade + 1 upgrade from completing all the quests= 2 upgrades).

I’ve been chasing idols only & only picked up vases/urns when the became uncovered using a shovel or badabingbadaboom. I’m a little concerned I may miss that last WF upgrade to get to level 10. Fingers crossed I make it.

I’ve also gotten 3 carousels in 1 city & zero in my other two cities, which kinda sucks.

(PS I’m a non-spender, so no diamonds or real money have been used.)

Last edited:

Algona

Cpmpleat and total standstill for aeons. Seems that long... Quite a string of prizes that hold no interest.

I'm not chasing Dailys but just by the nature of the sand pit I uncover a lot of Vases and would much prefer to get something I may use..

Oh well, sets me up for one last big sifting of sand.

Agent327

Cpmpleat and total standstill for aeons. Seems that long... Quite a string of prizes that hold no interest.

I'm not chasing Dailys but just by the nature of the sand pit I uncover a lot of Vases and would much prefer to get something I may use..

Oh well, sets me up for one last big sifting of sand.

Thanks for letting us know.

Algona

Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks ol' pal. Mere words can not even begin to express the amount of happiness your gracious message brings to me. I think I would need exponential numbers to measure it.

Standing pat in the main city, I have 44 1ups along with 40 RKs.

Ah, but in the experimental city it's back to the sand box. I had enough for another 2 sets of 330 Scoll tool kits.

You'da thought I was the Mariners bullpen: compleat failure, 0 1ups. Darn.

Guess I'll have to settle for the lvl 9 World's Fair sitting pretty in my city.

RazorbackPirate

Standing pat in the main city, I have 44 1ups along with 40 RKs.
As am I. I'm a bit tired of sitting on the sidelines waiting for a DS worth digging for. I'm focused on getting Idols, but with the number of vases uncovered along the way, I'm not willing to squander resources.

I do think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Tomorrow we get the May Madness Sale (whoever heard of that?) offering goodies to deplete our diamond stores, Saturday they'll give us the last diamond/scroll special to buy more, Sunday we'll see SoK's to deplete diamonds again, then Monday the Carousel will make it's second and final appearance pulling in more diamonds.

The details may be off, but I'm sticking with the overall theme, entice us to spend diamonds tomorrow, entice us to buy more after, entice us to spend them on a good DS that's not the Carousel, then hit us with the Carousel pulling in diamonds already sold, and getting more sales from those needing last minute diamonds.

From there on out, it's the mad scramble of diamond spending to complete a level 10 for those who squandered resources, or went after too many vases.

DeletedUser30312

I'm sitting around too waiting for a decent Daily to spend my tools. No reason to squander them on lesser prizes given how some older event buildings made a return here.

DeletedUser17143

so we work hard at getting the quest filled by digging ,, focus on the golden idols, and the endless drummer boys , only to get close and have to wait 20 hours before moving on. So now limited to one quest a day, ahhhh you can get more scrolls if you but them with diamonds , hmmmm what a surprise. So in the end those that can afford to buy can afford to complete the series .

RazorbackPirate

So in the end those that can afford to buy can afford to complete the series .
This is incorrect. Diamonds or not, everyone who has completed the rush quests now gets one quest per day. Everyone will equally complete the series, but no one will see or be able to complete the last quest until the last day. Once that quest is complete, those needing more scrolls for more tools, to dig for more idols, will need to use diamonds to buy them.

I still expect to complete a level 10 for free in both of my worlds, but I do have some free diamonds saved up should I need them. That is if I can resist spending them tomorrow. Worst case, there's always the card.

Super Catanian

I am still completely caught up with the quests.
Just five more days in the event, meaning 250 daily Scrolls and 150 Quest Scrolls. Meaning another large toolkit thing.

WF is at level 8 already, and will be at Level 10 by the end of the event. My second city will move on to the Progressive Era by then. The only time I spent Diamonds was for an extra turn in negotiations.