• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attacked twice in a row in two days by the same player

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The same person has attacked me two days in a row and taken items that have stopped me advancing through the game.
I have no desire to make this a silly war, I just want to peacefully build my own city and this is spoiling the game for me, what are my options please anyone?
If it continues i will simply leave the game as it is just stopping me from making any progress.
Is bullying allowed on Forge of Empires?

DeletedUser8152

Attacking and plunder is indeed part of the game. If it is something you really don't care for, you might want to check out Elvenar, which is another city building game without the PvP component.

DeletedUser8796

Well if you leave your items up the same time every day someone who plunders will catch on eventually tip #1 collect on time even if this player attacks 7 days a week if you collect on time they cant plunder anything! real easy set timers so you will be on then use the mouse and collect it and reset. also if they are using the same troops id recommend a complete shift of your defense army daily if your defense is unpredictable it can hurt their attack army alot more ( usually ) also plundering isnt bullying geesh.... go play elvinar if you want to build a city without pvp

DeletedUser24552

This may sound counter-intuitive, but send them a friend request. If they accept---and a lot of times they do--make sure to aid them per their profile requests as often as you can. Also, you can offer a FP exchange with them, which ends up benefitting both of you. In the meantime, whether they accept or not, see to your defenses and change up your times of collection. Try to aid at different times of the day, especially if you can aid neighbors at a time when none of your goods are ready. That will confuse your neighbors as to your timing, and they'll be less likely to be able to plunder, even if they defeat your defenses.

Algona

Dealing with Plunderers

A bit of advice. Plundering is explicitly within the rules, is encouraged by INNO, and is a viable, successful strategy. Don’t get upset, just take these steps and you will reduce your losses to a minimum.

COLLECT ON TIME. Set your production to finish at a time you know you will be on to collect. This is the most important step you can take. Many plunderers will stop attacking if you do not give them anything they can take.

GET YOUR BUILDINGS MOTIVATED. Switch to 24 hour production, AND reduce decorations, AND increase your friends list AND Aid everyone every day. Motivated buildings can not be plundered. By doing the four steps your houses, supply buildings, and other motivatable buildings will always be motivated. Triple bonus from this: 1) if you miss collection, no big deal, your production is safe until you can collect. 2) Your coin/supply production will go up! Motivation, besides stopping plundering, doubles production. 3) You only have to collect once a day.

PUT UP YOUR BEST DEFENCE: The more units you kill, the less often plunderers will attack you, they will target easier prey. Watchfires, monastery, Deal Castle and St. Basils help with defence.

GB GOODS CAN’T BE PLUNDERED. Babel, Lighthouse, St, Mark’s, Frauenkirche, Royal Albert produce unplunderable goods for you. Note that the special event building Wishing Well also can’t be plundered.

TRY DIPLOMACY. Ask plunderers nicely to stop. It may work. If they want to be paid off it’s up to you, but I’m not a fan of blackmail, giving or receiving.

DeletedUser

Attacking and plunder is indeed part of the game. If it is something you really don't care for, you might want to check out Elvenar, which is another city building game without the PvP component.

I see so bullying online is part of this game is it?
I didn't mind being attacked once, by someone who is more advanced in their building than me, making retaliation impossible.
For it to be repeated and the one item I am waiting for to be plundered again when it takes a day for me to get any, where is the fun in that?
The answer from a moderator is to go elsewhere!!!
Very helpful.

DeletedUser

Well if you leave your items up the same time every day someone who plunders will catch on eventually tip #1 collect on time even if this player attacks 7 days a week if you collect on time they cant plunder anything! real easy set timers so you will be on then use the mouse and collect it and reset. also if they are using the same troops id recommend a complete shift of your defense army daily if your defense is unpredictable it can hurt their attack army alot more ( usually ) also plundering isnt bullying geesh.... go play elvinar if you want to build a city without pvp

I am only Iron Age and don't have any Geese in my farm yet, I have no idea what Pvp is which according to Google is
Polyvinylpyrrolidone

DeletedUser

This may sound counter-intuitive, but send them a friend request. If they accept---and a lot of times they do--make sure to aid them per their profile requests as often as you can. Also, you can offer a FP exchange with them, which ends up benefitting both of you. In the meantime, whether they accept or not, see to your defenses and change up your times of collection. Try to aid at different times of the day, especially if you can aid neighbors at a time when none of your goods are ready. That will confuse your neighbors as to your timing, and they'll be less likely to be able to plunder, even if they defeat your defenses.

Thank you for trying to be helpful, much more so than a moderator.
The problem is the one item I need to progress in the game takes a whole day to produce.
Even then the works only makes a fraction of what I need and that is being stolen.

DeletedUser13452

Have you ever played Pachisi? The idea is to get all your pieces moved around the board and landed back home. Along the way, you try to knock other players back to the beginning and they try to do the same to you. Would you consider this bullying? It's just part of the game, try not to take it personally.

To Khvhk...PvP stands for player versus player.

DeletedUser

Dealing with Plunderers

A bit of advice. Plundering is explicitly within the rules, is encouraged by INNO, and is a viable, successful strategy. Don’t get upset, just take these steps and you will reduce your losses to a minimum.

COLLECT ON TIME. Set your production to finish at a time you know you will be on to collect. This is the most important step you can take. Many plunderers will stop attacking if you do not give them anything they can take.

GET YOUR BUILDINGS MOTIVATED. Switch to 24 hour production, AND reduce decorations, AND increase your friends list AND Aid everyone every day. Motivated buildings can not be plundered. By doing the four steps your houses, supply buildings, and other motivatable buildings will always be motivated. Triple bonus from this: 1) if you miss collection, no big deal, your production is safe until you can collect. 2) Your coin/supply production will go up! Motivation, besides stopping plundering, doubles production. 3) You only have to collect once a day.

PUT UP YOUR BEST DEFENCE: The more units you kill, the less often plunderers will attack you, they will target easier prey. Watchfires, monastery, Deal Castle and St. Basils help with defence.

GB GOODS CAN’T BE PLUNDERED. Babel, Lighthouse, St, Mark’s, Frauenkirche, Royal Albert produce unplunderable goods for you. Note that the special event building Wishing Well also can’t be plundered.

TRY DIPLOMACY. Ask plunderers nicely to stop. It may work. If they want to be paid off it’s up to you, but I’m not a fan of blackmail, giving or receiving.

I am only Iron Age and the bully is far more advanced than me.
I don't even know how to watch someone else's village yet, I just want to build and be left in peace.
It would seem I am not wanted on here by the uncaring moderator............

DeletedUser

Have you ever played Pachisi? The idea is to get all your pieces moved around the board and landed back home. Along the way, you try to knock other players back to the beginning and they try to do the same to you. Would you consider this bullying? It's just part of the game, try not to take it personally.

To Khvhk...PvP stands for player versus player.

Pachisi sounds dreadful!
I would not play it no.
The thing is I came on here to build my city, I didn't know that the moderators were uncaring and promoted bullying.
If I was the same level as the player who is attacking me, I might learn how to bully back, but as an Iron Age learner then I am unable to respond.
To my way of viewing things, that is bullying.

DeletedUser13452

I don't even know how to watch someone else's village yet, I just want to build and be left in peace.
I think you've taken jaelis out of context. He is a good moderator and a nice guy. I think his suggestion that you might like to try a similar game without the plundering was sincere. His only intention was to be helpful.

DeletedUser13360

Khvjk, This game is a WAR game. It is not really just a city building game. Fighting in the game between neighbors, helps players gain ranking points, and to compete in PVP towers. Winning and placing in towers, gets you medals. You need medals throughout the game to purchase land expansions so you can grow your city space. Some players will plunder you, if you do not collect your goods when they are ready. Many players will attack to get battle points, but not plunder. Listen to the advice you are given here in how to play this game. This is not a game you will be able to build a city and be left in peace. Which is why the moderator suggested Elvenar.

Algona

Repeated plundering is not bullying. It is taking advantage of your mistakes; it is explicitly within the rules and encouraged by INNO. Grow a pair and learn to deal with the problem or quit playing. Either way, please stop whining,

Last edited:

DeletedUser24552

Thank you for trying to be helpful, much more so than a moderator.
The problem is the one item I need to progress in the game takes a whole day to produce.
Even then the works only makes a fraction of what I need and that is being stolen.
As frustrating as this is right now, take the time to learn ways around this type of situation. Progressing out of IA is not going to magically make this go away, there will always be those in your neighborhood who will be able to defeat your defensive army. It's painful, but the video of the battle is available in your event log. Watch it to see what type of troops your attacker used, and re-set your defenses accordingly. For the goods you need, check out the trading market. You may not have much to trade right now, but put some trades up for items you need to progress. Especially if you need un-boosted items. Those are a waste to produce yourself.

DeletedUser15042

I see so bullying online is part of this game is it?
I didn't mind being attacked once, by someone who is more advanced in their building than me, making retaliation impossible.
For it to be repeated and the one item I am waiting for to be plundered again when it takes a day for me to get any, where is the fun in that?
The answer from a moderator is to go elsewhere!!!
Very helpful.

Are you really this much of a sore loser in real life? Sounds harsh, but that is how you are coming off. It is a game. People are playing within the rules. You have the option to not be plundered, it is your fault if you are. If that is to much for you, tryout farmville.
I plunder people daily for months on end with them being in the same hood as me. You think they would change their production time or try some diplomacy!

DeletedUser15563

Khvjk, remove your goods producing buildings and build military. Use that military to plunder goods from other neighbors around you.

DeletedUser15042

This is not a build and be left in peace game. So your complaints are invalid. If it was simply a city builder, I would support your opinion, but it is more than that. It is a war game too.

DeletedUser

Dealing with Plunderers

"Ask plunderers nicely to stop. It may work."
I have written to the bully, here is my message:-
Please stop attacking me, I cannot proceed from the Iron age if you keep stealing the very items I need to unlock the next research.

If this does not work I may try a different game, I find it a sad indictment of current society that everyone seems to want to 'play' war

DeletedUser

Are you really this much of a sore loser in real life?

Actually I was in the armed forces, I saw enough of real war without having to suffer the torment of a 'keyboard hero'.
I will have a look around for something peaceful I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.