• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attacked twice in a row in two days by the same player

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8152

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your statement. I understood the gist to be that you were philosophically opposed to the plundering part of the game and that made it unenjoyable. If that's the case then I don't think there is much to do but to find a different game you enjoy.

If the concept is OK but you just want advice on how to minimize your chances of getting plundered, then there is plenty to say, and several people have mentioned the main points. My experience is that you have better luck just sending your attackers a friend request, as opposed to writing a message. It is hard to write a message that doesn't sound whiny, at least for me. Putting up a strong defensive army won't help against players in advanced cities, but it does discourage people from your own age from attacking. Collecting your production on time is the best strategy, but if you find that hard you might try running goods at 4 hour cycles and collecting as often as you can. That minimizes the loss from plundering (which is only once per 24 hours per player).

If what you are ultimately looking for is sympathy, then you have mine. It is unpleasant to be stuck in a hood with higher age players who like to plunder. But typically you'll get rotated out again soon. In the long run things tend to balance out, you'll be in easy neighborhoods sometimes too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your statement. I understood the gist to be that you were philosophically opposed to the plundering part of the game and that made it unenjoyable. If that's the case then I don't think there is much to do but to find a different game you enjoy.

If the concept is OK but you just want advice on how to minimize your chances of getting plundered, then there is plenty to say, and several people have mentioned the main points. My experience is that you have better luck just sending your attackers a friend request, as opposed to writing a message. It is hard to write a message that doesn't sound whiny, at least for me. Putting up a strong defensive army won't help against players in advanced cities, but it does discourage people from your own age from attacking. Collecting your production on time is the best strategy, but if you find that hard you might try running goods at 4 hour cycles and collecting as often as you can. That minimizes the loss from plundering (which is only once per 24 hours per player).

If what you are ultimately looking for is sympathy, then you have mine. It is unpleasant to be stuck in a hood with higher age players who like to plunder. But typically you'll get rotated out again soon. In the long run things tend to balance out, you'll be in easy neighborhoods sometimes too.

Thank you for a better thought out response to my original letter.
Collecting more often is a useful suggestion and I did not know about the one attack per day.
I have looked at Farmville and Elfvar, but I prefer the graphics of Forge, it seems more adult, just a shame that some players are valiant from behind a keyboard, I have seen men and women in truly heroic situations and can assure you that war is not a 'game',
sincerely,

DeletedUser15042

Actually I was in the armed forces, I saw enough of real war without having to suffer the torment of a 'keyboard hero'.
I will have a look around for something peaceful I think.
You are not the only one in the armed forces here in this thread ;). If you were in the military and take a game like this so serious to come here and complain, I do not know what to tell you. Its a game. No one is bullying, no one is being mean. People are playing it as designed. Just because it is not what you expected, thought, or want does not mean something is wrong.

DeletedUser15563

just a shame that some players are valiant from behind a keyboard, I have seen men and women in truly heroic situations and can assure you that war is not a 'game'
There are tons of veterans that play this game, according to their status description and names, and many of them are very aggressive in their play style. What would you say to them who play this game?

DeletedUser17759

There are tons of veterans that play this game, according to their status description and names, and many of them are very aggressive in their play style. What would you say to them who play this game?

I don't see how Khvjk's comment would be invalidated by that.

DeletedUser15563

I don't see how Khvjk's comment would be invalidated by that.
Never said it invalidated anything. I want to hear what his or her opinion is of fellow members of the armed forces who are keyboard warriors.

DeletedUser

Khvjk,
I completely understand your frustration in getting plundered 2 days in a row. Being a new player makes it frustrating when you are trying to build up your new city. My first day here I was plundered twice by 2 different people. The feeling is pretty much the same I'm sure. I decided to turn the situation into a learning experience. If I got plundered then my first thing to do is strengthen my defense for my city. The game gives you 2 defenders to start with and they're very ineffective. The lesson I've learned is to defend your city with the strongest military you have. If you have won rogues, champions, color guard or other military in events use them in your city defense. They will regenerate quickly whereas if you take them into battle and it says unattached next to their name they will die quickly and be lost to you. Also a manufacturing goods building cannot be plundered so if you know exactly when you'll be able to come on to play the game set the goods production time accordingly. It can be set to as long as 2 days in some cases with most having at least 24 hrs to as short as 5 minutes depending on what you're manufacturing. Just make sure you'll be here and waiting to collect when the time is up. I still consider myself a newbie as I joined less than a month ago but keep the faith because I've already won the Easter Iron Age award in one of the 2 worlds I play. Learn from every experience and have fun!

cbalto1927

Khvjk,
I completely understand your frustration in getting plundered 2 days in a row. Being a new player makes it frustrating when you are trying to build up your new city. My first day here I was plundered twice by 2 different people. The feeling is pretty much the same I'm sure. I decided to turn the situation into a learning experience. If I got plundered then my first thing to do is strengthen my defense for my city. The game gives you 2 defenders to start with and they're very ineffective. The lesson I've learned is to defend your city with the strongest military you have. If you have won rogues, champions, color guard or other military in events use them in your city defense. They will regenerate quickly whereas if you take them into battle and it says unattached next to their name they will die quickly and be lost to you. Also a manufacturing goods building cannot be plundered so if you know exactly when you'll be able to come on to play the game set the goods production time accordingly. It can be set to as long as 2 days in some cases with most having at least 24 hrs to as short as 5 minutes depending on what you're manufacturing. Just make sure you'll be here and waiting to collect when the time is up. I still consider myself a newbie as I joined less than a month ago but keep the faith because I've already won the Easter Iron Age award in one of the 2 worlds I play. Learn from every experience and have fun!

I would like to point out that you can use Unattached military units as defense. They never die and the next battle they will reappear as full health. Color Guard mostly useless unit after HMA ( High Middle Age). If you can, Build up Alcatraz Great Building, then start cranking out Military units and use them as City Defense as well. For anyone who at PME and beyond, the towers there are very highly contested. Everyone is going to fight and plunder in order to get the tower medals. The amount of Goods needed are higher in those ages.

DeletedUser15042

Fantasm, good response. There are two type of people. You and Khvjk are in the EXACT same boat. But you are handling the situation much differently, which gets much different results. A person can cry its unfair/bullying/mean/etc, or a person can figure out how to fix the situation and make the game more enjoyable. So many take the complain/rage quit route.

This is a game and should be fun. Play it as it is intended or do not be surprised when you do not progress. Everyone strted out at the bottom.

DeletedUser

You are not the only one in the armed forces here in this thread ;). If you were in the military and take a game like this so serious to come here and complain, I do not know what to tell you. Its a game. No one is bullying, no one is being mean. People are playing it as designed. Just because it is not what you expected, thought, or want does not mean something is wrong.

That should be 'seriously', you failed to use an adverb.

DeletedUser

That minimizes the loss from plundering (which is only once per 24 hours per player).

Attacked today at 05:58pm and then again at 06:14pm by one of the original bully's keyboard mates.
I have no army much and am still stuck in the Iron Age...I'm struggling to see the 'fun' factor here.

DeletedUser8152

It is one per 24 hours per player yes, so if you are attacked by two players you can be plundered twice per day.

Do bear in mind that you aren't directly harmed by just being attacked. The only damage occurs if they succeed in plundering one of your buildings.

DeletedUser10415

I have seen men and women in truly heroic situations and can assure you that war is not a 'game',
sincerely,

I'll just leave this here,
bdd114db9ffc40498b81f9624d99f42b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Obviously Khvjk you're not taking the advice given to you and now you're just whining. Play the game or don't. Either way, time to move on.

DeletedUser13452

I'm going to try to sum this all up for you in one post, Khvjk. All this info has been given to you on this thread, but maybe it's gotten confusing with so much conversation. I only want to help you understand so you can decide whether to continue playing. I hope you do, but it's completely your choice.

The player who is attacking you everyday, isn't doing any harm unless he/she is successful in plundering you. Houses and production buildings cannot be plundered if they are motivated, so try to build a big friends list and motivate/polish everyday. Your friends and guildmates(try to join a large guild) should reciprocate daily. This prevents anybody from plundering coin or supply. Now all you have to do is collect your goods on time and you have nothing to worry about. Those buildings cannot be plundered until they are finished producing and if you're there to collect them at that time, nobody else can get them. Set the timing for every 24 hrs at bed time or something like that when you know you should have time to log in quickly and collect them. Then reset your timer for 24 hrs again and same thing the next night.

This is how the game is played, people attack you for points to compete in the PvP tower and this wins them medals which they use to expand their city. After they attack you successfully, they are given a chance to plunder from you some time in the next 24 hrs. This is an extra incentive the game gives to encourage PvP. Your defending army is automatically healed when the battle is over so the actual attack against you does no harm. It only earns the attacker some points for his/her PvP tower.

DeletedUser25475

Dealing with Plunderers

A bit of advice. Plundering is explicitly within the rules, is encouraged by INNO, and is a viable, successful strategy. Don’t get upset, just take these steps and you will reduce your losses to a minimum.

COLLECT ON TIME. Set your production to finish at a time you know you will be on to collect. This is the most important step you can take. Many plunderers will stop attacking if you do not give them anything they can take.

GET YOUR BUILDINGS MOTIVATED. Switch to 24 hour production, AND reduce decorations, AND increase your friends list AND Aid everyone every day. Motivated buildings can not be plundered. By doing the four steps your houses, supply buildings, and other motivatable buildings will always be motivated. Triple bonus from this: 1) if you miss collection, no big deal, your production is safe until you can collect. 2) Your coin/supply production will go up! Motivation, besides stopping plundering, doubles production. 3) You only have to collect once a day.

PUT UP YOUR BEST DEFENCE: The more units you kill, the less often plunderers will attack you, they will target easier prey. Watchfires, monastery, Deal Castle and St. Basils help with defence.

GB GOODS CAN’T BE PLUNDERED. Babel, Lighthouse, St, Mark’s, Frauenkirche, Royal Albert produce unplunderable goods for you. Note that the special event building Wishing Well also can’t be plundered.

TRY DIPLOMACY. Ask plunderers nicely to stop. It may work. If they want to be paid off it’s up to you, but I’m not a fan of blackmail, giving or receiving.

Some of us actually have RL and therefore cannot sit at the computer watching for goods to finish. If the battle is fair, I do not mind. What gets me is that Inno has addressed this problem via the support, and assured us many times that the neighborhoods will be shuffled in such a way that there will be a 3- Age/Era difference, and that is an outright lie. They are not interested in making the game fair. For someone in Iron Age to get whacked, daily, by bullies in Tomorrow or Future is beyond encouraging cyber-bullying, it is promoting it. They seem to think that all of us have unlimited use of mommy's or daddy's credit cards, and that we can all buy our way through the game. Not true; some of us are disabled, and are on very limited incomes, so cannot compete. I have had to halt goods production in many cities since the last couple of FAIR DISTRIBUTION OF PLAYERS in their neighborhood shuffles. It most certainly does not take a rocket scientist to see the unfairness of this, and because it is going on in many, many neighborhoods, that is further proof of the lies we are being told. Why are the monsters being shuffled into tiny player hoods, rather than get popped into hoods where they actually have to compete? Because they spend mega-bucks on diamonds, and tell Inno to promote/allow the bullying. Money talks, and Inno lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.