• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

ATTENTION TO ALL

Volodya

...maybe the exception could be that a post could be opened for editing by request to a member of the moderating staff. I don't know if that's technically possible, but that would be one way to handle it.

It's definitely possible in general. That's exactly how it works on another forum I sometimes frequent. Whether it's technically feasible with this forum structure I've no idea.

DeletedUser28655

This is my only thing, and it’s not too important to me. But, when events have forum activities like the previous holiday (Christmas event). I was unable to participate due to being on mobile. Maybe make it more accessible for mobile players too?

Jern2017

This is my only thing, and it’s not too important to me. But, when events have forum activities like the previous holiday (Christmas event). I was unable to participate due to being on mobile. Maybe make it more accessible for mobile players too?

Why weren't you able to participate? I'm on mobile as well and had no issues.

DeletedUser28655

Why weren't you able to participate? I'm on mobile as well and had no issues.
I was reading through the posts, i think it may have been you, or someone else.

Screen shots were required at some point and i was unable to attach multiple photos even after drastically cropping them.

Also, some of the clickable links would redirect me and do nothing for the most part. At that time i did have a very glitchy phone. So to be fair I have yet to test it again.

thanks for responding jern.

DeletedUser22214

When clicking on proposals there should be the already proposed list and the DNSL at the top. There should also be a check box that a poster acknowledges that they read both lists before being allowed to make a new thread.

Agent327

Fix the info on the Proposals section. Since formats are no longer required remove that info. Proposal guidelines are in the required formats thread. Does that mean they are no longer required? If they still are, put them in a new thread.

DeletedUser

there are lots of inept players, that sound like knowledgeable players.
For beginning lets post their Age in main server, number of points in player ranking, maybe a list of GB
Stop forum ranking by number of posts, instead rank forum members according to RESOLVED questions
Encourage players to ask questions

Super Catanian

For beginning lets post their Age in main server, number of points in player ranking, maybe a list of GB
I think just the Ranking Points is enough, with perhaps just the age. What I'm getting from this, is that players can choose which city to make their main, and the RP for that one will be displayed, right? For example...

Super Catanian
Odhrorvar: Modern Era, 2M+

Stop forum ranking by number of posts, instead rank forum members according to RESOLVED questions
Moderators can already delete senseless posts (plz can i keep my maymays plz thx), leaving the players with all the "good posts" they've plublished. For those that actually post good content, this will not be a problem. For our low-IQ members, this will tank them considerably.

Us members can do that already. For instance, if a player posts a good question, most of the time I'll encourage them to not hesitate to ask more questions if they have them. However, we should be careful in how we say that, because it could accidentally lead to more inexperienced members to ask the same questions over and over again.

Choose wisely.

CherryButterfly

I know its been mentioned above, but my 2 cents is- Make the Search a GIANT feature at the top, with instructions on how to search, where to search, and letting new posters know THAT IS THE PLACE TO START. That will hopefully lead to a decline in repeat questions, a decline in "snarky" answers. and hopefully, will lead to a decline in the somewhat animal-like frenzy that new folk can face for "just asking a simple question."

Maybe, if "Questions" were reduced to "just" a place for new folk to ask questions, more experienced players who are so annoyed by questions could be asked to just leave that thread alone, instead of scrolling for already asked questions as a blood sport. It really does seem like a vicious attack sometimes, and could definitely lead a new player to think all who play, or all who use threads, are unkind and just waiting to pounce. Right now, it is like a trap, where some lie in wait to destroy, and others come to watch the fire.

Not that I have not had thoughtful and helpful answers to easy questions. I have. Some don't mind helping, so it is definitely a place we should make new folk feel welcome to come to learn, and not like they walked into a bear trap. It is nice we can all come and voice an opinion, that is what makes U.S.A. a great place to be.

Its easy to duck behind the anonymity of a screen name and persona, but let's remember the Golden Rule, and treat all as we wish to be treated.

Algona

there are lots of inept players, that sound like knowledgeable players.

You keep demonstrating how little you know about the purpose, use, and rules of the forum. I got no problem with that, makes for great reads before they get deleted.

But according to one of your earlier Proposals and the logic of your quoted post, you shouldn't be allowed to make comments about the forums.

You gotta start thinking things through.

Last edited:

DeletedUser28314

I've now read through all of this, thank you all for your thoughts. I haven't been able to spend much time on the forums since arriving here but that should start to change. I do intend to re organize the forum structure and yes, it will look quite a bit like EN's with a proper ideas section, bug section etc and those will start to get dealt with and tagged as we go. I like the FOE cafe on EN and we may bring that here whilst keeping an off topic section. Also a separate contests forum I love the idea of the world subforums that one member posted and we can look into that. In terms of "titles" I'm not overly fond of "new member" etc so we can either go with EN's structure or I'm open to suggestions. In terms of the skin, that's not something I can change but those requests have been forwarded. We hope to start doing this on the weekend but it could be next week so please bear with us as we give the forums a fresh coat of paint and a bit of a newer look