• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Best Possible Cultural Settlement Layout

Triopoly Champion

Correct.

1200 diplomacy is a "achieve once" condition while the 6 goods buildings are a "have alongside completion of diplomacy quest"

Found this out in Beta in one of my own runs
I just play easy as I have plenty of time left, time time. I can well just place in 5 runestones in front of my Mead Hall construction site to achieve the 1,200 diplomacy goal, but I definitely want to see the finish product of my Mead Hall before the final handover.
Forge of Empires - Viking Cultural Settlement with 18 Land Slots.jpg
The impediment in front of the Embassy becomes a perfect landscape which blocks some of the heavy snows on the back, so my Vikings don't have to shovel the road as much.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26579

Okay, I misunderstood the mechanics at the start, missed a couple of overnight production cycles, and haven't been spamming the coin cycles. I'm going to unlock the clan house in the morning, after which I have a little over 2 days left, but I already have all the axes I will ever need and almost all the wool. I just need a lot of mead and horns. I also have purchased all but 4 of the expansions.

If I can keep an average of 5.5 goods production buildings running for 20 hours a day, I can still theoretically finish within the time limit (assuming no more expansions).

Should I try to do it with what I have now and no more expansions? Should I keep wool up and buy more expansions with wool? Should I give up on making the first deadline?

DeletedUser32439

i have missed the first deadline on 2 worlds so far, @ quest 14. i havnt unlocked this on myt 3rd world till i can figure out how to do it in 15days.
are expansions the key, should i spend everything on expansions before doing the quests ?

DeletedUser26579

i have missed the first deadline on 2 worlds so far, @ quest 14. i havnt unlocked this on myt 3rd world till i can figure out how to do it in 15days.
are expansions the key, should i spend everything on expansions before doing the quests ?

Actually, the mistake I made was getting too many expansions. Consensus is around 3 axe, 2 mead, 2 horn, 1 wool expansion only (give or take). When you unlock a goods building, get those expansions, then get the goods up through the next goods building.

The last few buildings you can start building for the quests and then immediately delete them without waiting for the 8 hours build time, since 50 clan totems give you 1200 diplomacy in 100 squares. (But if you already have them, don't delete them. This is only a trick to save the 8 hour building time.)

Another trick I missed my first time through is that you can build a shack, move it to where there are no roads, and still get the population benefit, even if you lose the coin benefit.

SpakyPD

So, just thoughts on initial placement, can anyone figure a way to do 2 axe's and 6 shacks all connected?
upload_2019-1-23_16-8-43.png

UBERhelp1

You forgot the impediments.
He said:
(watchtowers are rocks)

So, just thoughts on initial placement, can anyone figure a way to do 2 axe's and 6 shacks all connected?
IDK why you'd want to fit 2 Axe Smiths in the original space. The shacks have a 0% chance of being able to keep up. Follow a general rule of 3 expansions/goods building. Also, disconnect as many shacks from roads as possible to place down as many shrines as possible. This is much more efficient than having all the shacks connected.

DeletedUser36624

He said:

IDK why you'd want to fit 2 Axe Smiths in the original space. The shacks have a 0% chance of being able to keep up. Follow a general rule of 3 expansions/goods building. Also, disconnect as many shacks from roads as possible to place down as many shrines as possible. This is much more efficient than having all the shacks connected.

Because then you can earn 25 forge points in 5 hours, abandon the settlement and do it again in 25 hours.

DeletedUser33179

He said:

We get 5000 copper coins to start. Use them! That's plenty to feed 2 axesmiths for 8 hours each to begin the settlement. The 20 axes in total you get from them is enough to buy the 1st two expansions (1 axe + 5 axes) and either unlock Shrines (10 axes) or get 3rd expansion (12 axes, I think) instead. Now there's alot more space very quickly - well before even half a day has gone by - to have several shrines (which are the primary copper producer for quite a while) & whatever needed shacks for population (most bunched together unconnected for space). You also have 1000 starting copper + that 1st collection from the shacks accumulated at that time. If needed depending upon how often a player is planning to collect copper coins, you can then drop down to 1 goods building for a while (for me, it's been for about 1-2 days, as collecting coins/goods on 8 hour-4 hour-8 hour timeframe) until you are producing enough coins to sustain 2nd goods building again.

SpakyPD

@Clara Osgood seems to know whats going on.

6/2 for 5h (1h axe build, 4h axe production). Drop 2 expansions, start 2 more 4h axe production. Once shrines are researched place 3, keep running axe production till mead can be placed. If you run out of coin, drop an axe for more shrines.

Mead 2x 4h productions, place 2 expansions.

If there's a better way to start, I'm all ears.
Mead production reorg:
upload_2019-1-24_9-19-12.png

DeletedUser27174

RXCdvL6.png

With this layout you can have all buildings connected using only 4 road tiles.
Black=embassy, red=shacks, yellow=axesmith.

DeletedUser36624

New take on pumping 25fp. Pump 25fp until you get an x4 on your first axes.