• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.169 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date

Brunenjii

Not a fan of the negotiation changes, nor was I a fan of the forum changes (and upcoming tech tree changes).

I got used to the new negotiations on beta. And I just spend less time on the forums. As for the tech tree, I'll just use the wiki (the lovely dark wiki) when I'm researching for the next age.

Adapt or die I suppose.

Svetkavitsa

Custom Forge Points contribution to a Great Building will now pop-up a confirmation window. This can be deactivated by clicking in the button "never ask me again".

I suggested adding something like this if the amount added would flip the GB, but this feature totally misses the mark. Adding it this way will not help the issue of accidentally over-adding or a race condition at all. I'm sure just about everyone (including me) will just disable this and never use it.

"Are you sure?" should show up when something abnormal is happening, not when you do something you normally do over and over again.

Lannister the Rich

I welcome the negotiations change. Yes, it is slightly off-putting at the start, but it makes negotiating easier for me. Folks just need to adapt to it like they adapted to the forum changes. I also did not dislike the forum changes though. I think just a lot of codgerdly folks who hate change play this game lol

Vger

I welcome the negotiations change. Yes, it is slightly off-putting at the start, but it makes negotiating easier for me.
Serious question: Other than preventing you from playing the same item twice in the same slot, how did it make it easier for you?

qaccy

Serious question: Other than preventing you from playing the same item twice in the same slot, how did it make it easier for you?

Since I feel the same way about the change, I'll answer too. That's exactly the reason why it makes it easier. If red and yellow offers basically mean the same thing on an individual NPC, it makes more sense to me that they should both lead to that item being greyed out on subsequent attempts. Now here's my question: How is it better for something to remain available as an offer to an NPC who doesn't need it?

DeletedUser37581

I feel that the confirmation window for GB contributions, as implemented, is worthless. A confirmation window isn't needed for 99.9% of contributions, so I will never see that confirmation screen again (and I suspect the same for almost all players who regularly contribute to GBs). A more effective confirmation window would have been for the case where the contribution would level the GB. As that is more of a corner case, it doesn't happen that often and I would have left the confirmation window intact to protect me in that rare situation when someone else grabbed a spot a split second before I did.

As implemented, the confirmation window provides no protection and is just a nuisance.

Kranyar the Mysterious

As implemented, the confirmation window provides no protection and is just a nuisance.

Very True. A nuisance that veteran players will immediately turn off.

This was obviously meant for newer players otherwise the check box to turn it off wouldn't be there. I don't see an issue with Inno deciding to protect newer, less experienced players if they see a problem - so long as they do as they did and allow us to turn the feature off if we don't need it.

Kranyar the Mysterious

And speaking of confirmation (no window), I confirm my statement above was indeed a gentle friendly poke at youth and their youthful brain cells!

(Now whether or not young brain cells are wasted on the young is a topic for another thread );)
I seem to remember all of my brain cells being concentrated somewhere other than my brain when I was young. Luckily my brain cells have died off at a constant rate due to the things I did in my youth, so it is probably a blessing that I can't remember much anymore, otherwise I'd probably be depressed. :eek:

Lannister the Rich

“Other than the reason it was done, can you provide a reason for it?” I guess because I’m good at logic puzzles, but now I can’t make stupid mistakes. Does that answer your question?

DeletedUser29646

I feel that the confirmation window for GB contributions, as implemented, is worthless. A confirmation window isn't needed for 99.9% of contributions, so I will never see that confirmation screen again (and I suspect the same for almost all players who regularly contribute to GBs). A more effective confirmation window would have been for the case where the contribution would level the GB. As that is more of a corner case, it doesn't happen that often and I would have left the confirmation window intact to protect me in that rare situation when someone else grabbed a spot a split second before I did.

Confirmation button would make more sense when you are about to flip the GB. This way you know u either put too much or are about to flip a GB u dont mean to flip.

DeletedUser30312

Looks like a bunch of good QoL changes. No complaints from me.

I'm not bothered by the negotiation changes. At first, it did throw me off a little bit, but I've gotten used to it. People just have to pay better attention to it I guess. GBG has also made be better at the whole negotiation game out of necessity, since doing it in GE produced some sloppy habits.

Ukkonen

Heh I didn't read the patch notes before logging in today, but negotiating just got a lot easier on the PC. Human error has been removed from the equation. Is it a good thing that they've had to design the game to protect us from ourselves?

boeffie

I just now used the new negotiation system, and it is really irritating, actually thought it was a bug, till I realised what was happening.
I way prefer to lose a negotiation round here or there because I re-used a good in the same spot, than having to work out which good is still available when it is grayed out on a certain spot, but still available elsewhere.
You are fixing my occasional stupidity by rendering the whole lot harder and slower, and with the added negotiations which at times need to be as fast as possible for the GBG, and the tiresome repeat negotiations in the merchant for the settlements, this just makes it really irritating

DeletedUser

It seems to me that there are a lot of little changes to the game solely intended to stupid-proof it. Inno is apparently being influenced heavily in their decision-making by the number of entitled players who file tickets every time they screw up their game, expecting it to be fixed for them or it isn't "fair". This change to the negotiations is just the latest (and dumbest) example of this trend. Pretty soon we'll also have a confirmation box for every single action in the game.

Graviton

I'm not sure they're catering to the ticket-subbers as much as to the mobile users. These kinds of mistakes seem to be endemic to phone play, not PC.

Jern2017

I don't negotiate much and since I'm a mobile player and the feature got released sooner, it confused me at first. I don't care - I don't think it was needed, but we'll get used to it.

The confirmation box for donating FPs is nice. All the players saying "slow down and pay attention" will be able to turn it off, while players with small screens, lag issues and clumsy fingers will be less prone to mistakes.

The clearing of the amount of goods when donating them to the Treasury also sounds like a nice addition.