• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.69 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

bomber9530

The new Guild message system has a major problem, anybody in the guild can start a thread and that thread can't be deleted no matter what. I recommend that only guild leaders or maybe moderators have access to start a guild only message. I like the idea of having some permanent guild threads, but who can create these threads should be limited.

A guild member did not start the new guild thread that is pinned at the top of the message system. It is a new message implemented by Inno but you are correct in saying that this message can not be deleted (unless you leave the guild). This is the ONLY thread that is like this. As far as other threads, nothing has changed in the fact that only guild members with the "Notifier" rights can start a guild wide thread (unless they go in and add players one by one). These threads can be left at anytime by clicking on the "leave group" option or by clicking the red trash can that was just implemented a couple weeks ago.

DeletedUser16068

Please remove the Guild message you have added into MY guild's message system.
ditto
I do NOT want that message sitting at the top of the message board On Every Page.
ditto
Founder is NOT given any rights to remove or add people.......I see no point to it.
ditto
This is about it for me......I can barely play because of lag and Inno keeps introducing new stuff that makes it worse.
Seriously.....why no option to close it off if we dont want it????
ditto
1) What we need is an option to enable Founders to close all the threads created by members who then "Leave" their own threads, dangling there for each member to have to delete
2) What we need is an Outbox, an Outbox like we had to keep the sent messages separate
3) What we did not need is a message that sits permanently at the top of every page (taking up space) that can not be governed in any way by Founders are anyone else

DeletedUser16068

Is there anyway, as a guild, to opt out? I don't see any advantage. the new system gives a reasonable option to add/remove people. i think more people are gonna be unhappy they cannot leave a conversation, than are happy with any "improvements" .
what we got is A thread that cannot be removed, can't leave, can't be governed

DeletedUser8796

YAY good job inno! now i can NEVER escape that stupidly annoying flashy button! seriously just remove the flashing function COMPLETELY! and id have no issue with this :)

lemonwedgie

YAY good job inno! now i can NEVER escape that stupidly annoying flashy button! seriously just remove the flashing function COMPLETELY! and id have no issue with this :)

LOL whats up with the flashing function? You mean new message notification? How will I know if I get a new message?

lemonwedgie

Ohhh what if a disgruntled member started spamming it, or a horrible argument broke out in it ... you can't delete it ... haha this gets better.

DeletedUser8152

So what would be better: make it so only guild leaders can post in the guild thread, make it so anyone can post but guild leaders can moderate it, or get rid of it all together?

I kind of like the "only guild leaders can post" method.

lemonwedgie

I agree with that - with the launch of GvG we lost the *hidden forums* which was perfect for guild leaders to discuss things easily - that was what the trusted button was originally for - to give certain members access to a hidden forum. The only real use I can see for this *forever at the top convo* is for leaders to discuss the day to day stuff that needs attention. If a member is given *leader* rights they are automatically in that thread, if those rights are removed, they are also removed from that thread.

adficere

This forced guild chat thread addition illustrates what happens when developers don't actually play their game, and thus can't see how an idea that might sound good on paper can unnecessarily and negatively affect usability for some segments of the player population.

Did the devs ever consider that organized guilds ALREADY have multiple dedicated guild threads, and have absolutely no use for this general guild thread? Did the devs ever consider that we can already update existing threads with current guild members quickly and easily?

This new, forced thread serves no purpose to a guild that needs to separate an assortment of business into different themed threads lest it all becoome a jumbled mess that is impossible to track. All this change does is forcefully take away limited message preview space from all members, whether the guild leaders want that to happen or not.

Had the devs implemented this and made it OPTIONAL for guilds to use and OPTIONAL for players to participate in, I might have said nice work. It wouldn't be useful for the guilds I'm in, but options are always nice for the guilds that can use them.

But to disallow members to leave the thread? Bad taste. Players should have the right to control their own inbox, particularly when preview space is already very limited. If a guild doesn't like a member leaving critical threads it can always opt to boot the member if necessary.

And disallowing guild founders/leaders to remove this thread if it's superfluous to their already existing system? Just ridiculous.

DeletedUser10517

So what would be better: make it so only guild leaders can post in the guild thread, make it so anyone can post but guild leaders can moderate it, or get rid of it all together?

Get rid of it altogether.
What I find annoying is the bright Guild Emblem staring at us on every page.....and it follows, from page to page.

Honestly, if its not gone soon....then Im quitting the game. I was hanging on by a thread as it was

DeletedUser8152

But see the one substantive comment:
I like the basic idea and would probably vote yes as is but wonder if it might be better to add an anouncement feature to the message system that would create a message that couldn't be responded to. Or better yet, that would keep the anouncement on top of the thread and have responses start below it.
That's almost exactly what we have now, with the significant difference that only guild leaders were supposed to be able to post there. Given that it came up in the thread, I think its fair to say it is in the same spirit as the OP that was voted on.

Which isn't to say we're stuck with what we have or that it couldn't be improved. My point here is just that the devs didn't come out of nowhere with this idea.

DeletedUser13838

I suggested something like this in which guild leaders could create threads whose membership automatically adjusted to players joining/leaving the guild. These could be used for eternal threads (e.g. sticks, and donation threads). I didn't think inno would just create a single sticky post with no purpose. :oops:

DeletedUser18851

Personally I like the new "forced" thread and don't see what all the butt-hurt is about. Our guild uses it as our "general conversation" thread. You know, the kind of thing that everybody and their fleas wants to start a new thread to talk about? Polish my blacksmith. Motivate my academy. Stone for marble. Free blueprints on mine Babels towering. That sort of thing. It will really cut down on new threads, I think, and if it doesn't? Well, I'll just remove messaging rights from trigger happy guild-mates. If they get butt-hurt? They can leave. Simple. We still have our sticks thread, GvG thread and a couple other sundry threads that get used enough that they don't get lost. Overall the mailbox issue is much easier to handle for me. Nobody has to screw with it when new members come into the guild or leave the guild -- it's hassle free. That being said, I do think founders should have a choice in using it. I challenge anyone to find a game this complicated anywhere on the planet that allows as little customization as this one. I mean seriously, we have 5 options. FIVE. Go-Fish has more variations.. especially if liquor is involved.

But while I defend this new thread, I will still express my disgust with Inno. I'm one of the most active fighters on my server and now I can't even participate in GvG at recalc because the update broke my browser and no others browsers will work. And everyone is so scared of us, all they do is put up enormous bubble screens every day at calc to keep us from burning their fields and stealing their wheelbarrows. So, until this gets fixed, I'm building up more rogues I guess. Suckers better hope Inno doesn't fix their mess.

DeletedUser6163

What I'm seeing here is way too many minor bouts of hysteria over a single thread in the mail box that, omigawd I can't leave. I agree with MJP above that all this new thread will do is replace a general thread in the guild. It's not a game-changer, and it will be hardly noticeable in a couple of weeks. I actually think the guild flag is a nice touch.

DeletedUser3679

I agree with your idea, jaelis. Founders and leaders only can post. Since you brought it up, how about you turn it into a proposal if it gets enough support here (see your signature, lol)?

DeletedUser13452

I like all the new changes in messaging. I do think INNO fails to utilize the Beta system to it's potential. They are always going live before examining the different changes very long to tweek things into shape. Thus we get the tweeks on live servers, lol.
I understand events just being run quickly for bug testing, but these changelogs should run for a good while on beta until the full idea has taken shape.

DeletedUser17462

Thanks for adding guild treasury access to the mobile version. Worked fine for me on iOS. Would love to see GvG eventually go mobile, too. Negative: I'm now experiencing really bad lag every time I leave a guildmate's city. Since I FP swap and manually m/p, this is at a minimum irritating if not pushing me to auto-aid more. No lag for auto-aid.
I'm guessing it's in the works to add gvg since they added the continent to the global map.

DeletedUser20787

I like the idea of there being a guild message that is always on top, to replace the general chat thread i find to be a common guild message. Although I agree founders should have the ability to moderate this thread. I like even more that it cannot be left or joined without leaving or joining the guild and automatically updates. I think in the long run this will streamline guild admin and cut down on the number of threads guilds have overall and reduce everyone's mailbox clutter.