• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Claiming Reindeer in the Winter Event

DeletedUser5862

I have claimed the full 9 reindeer twice now and I think it's costing me 2995 diamonds each time. Can you check on this? I thought claiming would be free. Am I not supposed to click on the claim button to claim all 9 when I've collected them?

UBERhelp1

No, it costs 2995 to buy them. You don't get them for free. It's a bonus mainly for those who spend money on the game or for people wanting a little more oomph out of the event.

Agent327

I have claimed the full 9 reindeer twice now and I think it's costing me 2995 diamonds each time. Can you check on this? I thought claiming would be free. Am I not supposed to click on the claim button to claim all 9 when I've collected them?

It does cost you 2995 diamonds each time, so nothing to check. Success with your purchase.

DeletedUser40996

My point I spend no diamonds get 9 reindeer and then i have to spend 2995 diamonds to get those prizes seems not fair
Then don't spend them . You don't need them to get the train maxed (unless you're having awful RNG luck) it's just a bonus and it's aimed at those players that regularly spend diamonds

DeletedUser

This is not a bug, it is intended to be that way. If you want to check to see if you actually spent 2995 Diamonds twice, you'll have to contact in-game support and ask them to check.

Since this is not a bug, I will move this thread to Questions.

DeletedUser38173

There’s a rumor in game atm, that someone here on the forum said that reindeer prizes are free when the winter event ends. I’m assuming this is false. Could a moderator or inno employee confirm? Thanks!

DeletedUser

There’s a rumor in game atm, that someone here on the forum said that reindeer prizes are free when the winter event ends. I’m assuming this is false. Could a moderator or inno employee confirm? Thanks!
I can confirm that this is false.

DeletedUser40996

Yeah I don't think Inno would go giving them away for free

Emberguard

It does indeed cost that amount. Any button with diamonds on the button will cost diamonds. Good idea to check the "diamond confirmation" in your settings. That way the game will tell you every time you're about to buy with diamonds

If you didn't want to spend the diamonds you could contact support and ask whether or not they could do a refund (and give back the purchased items to Inno). Can't guarantee anything but worth asking.

Algona

My point I spend no diamonds get 9 reindeer and then i have to spend 2995 diamonds to get those prizes seems not fair

INNO clearly spelled out how the reindeer worked for the Event, they clearly state what you get, they clearly state the price.

The word fair seems to have undergone a shift over the years.
Fair used to mean a level playing field where everyone had the same options.

Now it apparently means 'I don't like it'.

Maybe I misunderstand though. Tell me how an offer that anyone can accept is unfair.

Mustapha00

Two questions on this subject:

1) Once you've acquired nine reindeer, does the 2995 Diamonds buy you all nine prizes? Player's choice of one? Random one?

2) If you acquire more than nine reindeer in the course of the Event, do you "trade in" one of the reindeer (with the corresponding prize) for another? Is the trade random, or Player's Choice?

Kranyar the Mysterious

Two questions on this subject:

1) Once you've acquired nine reindeer, does the 2995 Diamonds buy you all nine prizes? Player's choice of one? Random one?
All 9, you can pay the 2995 diamonds earlier, but you only would get the number of prizes matching the number of reindeer at the time.

2) If you acquire more than nine reindeer in the course of the Event, do you "trade in" one of the reindeer (with the corresponding prize) for another? Is the trade random, or Player's Choice?
When you purchase the 9 reindeer you get to start acquiring new ones. Once you have 9 reindeer you won't acquire any more until you make the purchase. Unfortunately if you don't like the prizes you've randomly gotten, there is no way to start over except by spending the 2995 diamonds to purchase what you got.

DeletedUser41211

Why? Are you forced to buy it?
You miss the point!
INNO has geared this prize for Diamond players only. non-diamond players work to get everything but have to buy diamonds to collect the prize. That is why it is unfair. Greed has force INNO to put a price on getting a set of prizes after a player completes all the steps. Where is the fun in that?

So no I will not want to spend the Diamonds and I think many players will start to think about not playing because a too high of price is being put on getting prizes instead of game play.

I have played this game for many years and I have played others games where forcing players to spend money to buy more things ends up driving players way.

Vger

INNO has geared this prize for Diamond players only.
Yes, it was very clear from the initial announcement that you would need to spend diamonds to empty the sleigh.

non-diamond players work to get everything but have to buy diamonds to collect the prize.
I'm an FTP player. I didn't actually "work" to fill the sleigh. It got filled while I was playing the event as normal, hoping to get a level 9 train.. For free!!! (Sure looks like I will get way more than that, and all for free!!!)

That is why it is unfair.
Your premise didn't lead me to the unfair conclusion. As I said, I'm and FTP player. I see nothing unfair here.

Greed has force INNO to put a price on getting a set of prizes after a player completes all the steps.
Do you work for a living, or are you independently wealthy? Assuming you work, do you expect to get paid for it? Isn't that greed? Why don't you work for free? Is it because you have bills to pay? Guess what....so does Inno.

Where is the fun in that?
I'm having fun. Hasn't cost me a penny. Sorry to hear it isn't working out as well for you.