• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Feedback

Volodya

I agree that Settlements are the grindiest bunch of grind that INNO ever ground... This post is dedicated to whetstones everywhere, I feel your pain..
This really is a grindy grind. I finally bit the bullet and killed my first try; I lost a full five days travelling and just couldn't make it up. I definitely want to complete this once before the 1st deadline, just so I know I can. Fifteen times though? I'm not so sure about that. If I have to move on without the rewards, oh well. I don't think I'll spend a lot of time whining about my choice.

Last edited:

DeletedUser36624

It most certainly doesn't require diamonds to finish in time. I've finished twice without diamonds well within the time limit, and the second time I was lazy about it. I'm currently running the 5 hour 25 fp grind because Saturday is going to be a very busy day, and I don't want to be babysitting a settlement then.

Hitting just about every stereotype about COBOL programmers there. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

cton2.forge

This really is a grindy grind. I finally bit the bullet and killed my first try; I lost a full five days travelling and just couldn't make it up. I definitely want to complete this once before the 1st deadline, just so I know I can. Fifteen times though? I'm not so sure about that. If I have to move on without the rewards, oh well. I don't think I'll spend a lot of time whining about my choice.

Yup, I enjoy a tremendous opportunity in life. I split time between working a graveyard shift at a security gate in front of a computer and the other half of the week hanging out with a 5 month old. Sooo, lots of free time to grindy-grind. First run through was meh but I made it on the last day. Second run through though I am killing it should finsish with plenty of time to spare.

DeletedUser36033

Various players are certainly claiming to have succeeded within the deadline without using diamonds, sometimes providing detailed descriptions of how they did it. Now sure, it's possible they're all lying and their play-by-play accounts are deliberately misleading. People do lie sometimes. But just maybe, it's also possible that their accomplishments are real and success within the deadline is challenging but not impossible. (Granted, it may indeed be impossible for you.)
Well, spending 10 hours a day. Is not enough for me to complete. I guess I'm too old for this stuff. Don't like the viking and won't do any more. But yet every other aspect of the game is challenging. And can be played without diamonds. The powers that be can check their computer logs and see what diamonds have been paid and not according to who's who in the lie.

RazorbackPirate

Well, spending 10 hours a day. Is not enough for me to complete. I guess I'm too old for this stuff. Don't like the viking and won't do any more. But yet every other aspect of the game is challenging. And can be played without diamonds. The powers that be can check their computer logs and see what diamonds have been paid and not according to who's who in the lie.
Well, I must be in the lie then. I'm on my second Settlement without diamonds, the first one I finished with several days to spare, this one is on track to do the same. Yes, Settlements are challenging. Yes, they can be played successfully without diamonds like evey other aspect of the game.

So, maybe you are just too old and the answer to Settlements for you is to ignore them.

UBERhelp1

IDK if they are still using this thread for feedback really, but it would be nice if the Embassy gave a bit of copper per day (like the Town Hall giving coins in the main city). IDK what that amount would be, but I think it would be nice anyway.

Algona

I feel for you pal!

BTW, there's nothing of interest in the Spoiler, just some news about a special COTSCO Sale.

Don;t let on but the aliens running the mind control beams finally corrupted the Reynolds Wrap Corporation: WR changed the formula for their aluminum foil so that it now allows the mind control beams to pass through. Luckily some of the freedom fighters have slipped shipments of the real stuff into the supply line. You can find them at Cotsco on Tuesday mornings. Like all the other freedom fighter gear the boxes are labeled 'KRIKLAND'.

See you Tuesday morning. Long live the the Resistance!

DeletedUser36496

So, I going to finish my 1st Viking Settlement today. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't finish the Questline on any of the deadlines, but am not too worried as this is a fun little addition. I am glad to say I did not spend any Diamonds & will not, just as I do in the regular game. I do have 1 question though...Does anyone know when the Egyptians Settlement is going to be available to the live servers? I am asking because I want to continue with the Vikings but if the Egyptians are going to be available soon I would rather wait. Thanks & Happy Forging!
Scorp

DeletedUser36496

Thanks! I guess I am going to make a push for my 2nd Viking Settlement completed before then.

RazorbackPirate

Thanks! I guess I am going to make a push for my 2nd Viking Settlement completed before then.
There is no Feb 29th BTW. As they've not yet debuted on Beta I don't expect Egypt until Q2 at least, most likely Q3. Given the number of Settlements required for each culture for max prizes, I think 2 cultures per year would be a reasonable release schedule, 4 per year overly aggressive.

RazorbackPirate

Stupidity of some questions is beyond believe. If the Egyptian Settlements start they will be announced, so you have plenty of time to either finish your Viking settlement, or abandon it in time.
Or finish the current Settlement and start the Egyptians after. The world is not going to stop if you don't jump on it the first day, and neither Vikings or Egyptians are going anywhere.

We all know what the early reviews will be anyway, "More of the same. Too boring. Takes too long. Not worth the effort. The building sucks, etc." And let's not forget my particular favorite, "Just another scam to suck up diamonds."

Basically the same complaints about every event ever run and every new feature ever added. So, now it doesn't matter when you get to actually play them, you already know everything about them. Think Vikings with sand and all the same old complaints. That's Egyptians.

DeletedUser26293

I honestly tried every way and every thing I could find to try, to make this idiotic addition to the game, work. It doesn't work. The time given to complete is ridiculous as compared to the time needed to gather and build and expand. If you were one of the lucky ones able to finish, I would seriously like to know how you cheated, or what you did, to do so.

DeletedUser26293

Or finish the current Settlement and start the Egyptians after. The world is not going to stop if you don't jump on it the first day, and neither Vikings or Egyptians are going anywhere.

We all know what the early reviews will be anyway, "More of the same. Too boring. Takes too long. Not worth the effort. The building sucks, etc." And let's not forget my particular favorite, "Just another scam to suck up diamonds."

Basically the same complaints about every event ever run and every new feature ever added. So, now it doesn't matter when you get to actually play them, you already know everything about them. Think Vikings with sand and all the same old complaints. That's Egyptians.
And you are one of those to whom I ask, How exactly do you win on this Diamond Miner? Every event and every daily and every quest for the past year has been close to impossible to compete in or to complete if a player is not so far into the game they've nothing else to do with their fp's and diamonds. ... So..... ???????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(