• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Progress

WinnerGR

not to mention the bugs
If there are bugs then report them and what are they ?
Actually, that is the least favorite part of the settlement for me - having to wait for loot to continue production. If it was't for that bottleneck, the whole run-through could have been finished in more than 10 days before the gold deadline.
Patience man patience .

Maybe you are doing to hard battles if you are having to wait fro loot , check out @UBERhelp1 guide .
All in all, pretty unbalanced and unfinished feature and the mediocre main prize.
I do not see anything unbalanced and the main prize is very good .

Last edited:

DeletedUser36145

I think the bugs about the army stats and behavior after finishing a battle are already reported, but nothing is done, as with the animations, BTW.

UBERhelp1

I think the bugs about the army stats and behavior after finishing a battle are already reported, but nothing is done, as with the animations, BTW.
What do you mean bugs with the stats and behavior? They behave correctly how I see them.

DeletedUser36145

There is a problem on mobile. It is described in the bug section. When you finish a battle, all military buildings display wrong information.

Algona

I think i'm getting the hang of this fighting thingie, thanks to UBER's (thank you UBER) tip about Nubians combined with utilizing Khopesh Swarm and a willingness to surrender early and often. Been able to get the hard fight the last 3 days or so and optimist I can do this more often then not now.

Made a bad early mistake though. Got a 4x Loot in the first fay or two that I did not capitalize on. I've been over 3K Loot since that day. I should have built at least one more Goods building early and used that to make faster early progress. Stupid mistake.

----------

Planted Place of Prayer last night, put in 4 more Expansions today. I think I would have been at least 3 days ahead of where I am now if I had utilized that 4x Loot earlier.

Running 4 Goods now, will add a fifth in a few hours.

Another mistake, a little more subtle. I've been running 3 Housing Blocks, But I had room for some Multistory that I had filed with Diplomacy stuff. I can get rid of 1 Block for another Goods and use the Multistorys to fill in smaller spaces and still have the pop I need,

Seems that when I have the Goods needed for a new Embassy Advancement I'm tearing down most / all Goods Buildings to build the Diplomacy I need. Seems horribly time inefficient. Am I doing something wrong here or is this the Way of Egypt?

Yeah, I've got plenty of Diplomacy before that (just shy of 800 scattered around town.) all the areas in and around Impediments that i can;t use for anything else is filled with Diplomacy. Does make for a nicer looking town than the Vikings...

----------

I'm seeing three obstacles for the new Egyptian player.

Learning how to fight. Learning the balance between Troops, Goods, Pop, Debens.

Maybe the trickiest though?

Expansions. / Impediments. Evaluating which Expansions to get due to the placement of the Impediments. Which Impediments to remove, which to work around. That's some serious long term planning. Or Diamonds. :D

Anyway, back to it.

DeletedUser32847

Egypt is interesting, but what is the purpose of the debens when you HAVE to have LOOT to get your farms working.
I hate that you have to fight to get loot to get the goods buildings to work.
I can win the Easy battles, but only win the Mediums 1 time out of 4. And the Hard battles suck eggs.
There's too much time delay between battle recharge. If I can only make goods with LOOT, then the Easy battles need to recharge faster than once a day.

WinnerGR

Egypt is interesting, but what is the purpose of the debens when you HAVE to have LOOT to get your farms working.
I can win the Easy battles, but only win the Mediums 1 time out of 4. And the Hard battles suck eggs.
There's too much time delay between battle recharge. If I can only make goods with LOOT, then the Easy battles need to recharge faster than once a day.
Look at @Super Catanian sig

Algona

You might want to post that in the official Feedback thread. INNO reads that, here;s a link:

This thread is more about sharing tips, tricks, observations and asking for help.

-Sebastian-

Made a bad early mistake though. Got a 4x Loot in the first fay or two that I did not capitalize on. I've been over 3K Loot since that day. I should have built at least one more Goods building early and used that to make faster early progress. Stupid mistake.

Me too. I put up 4 military buildings early on, but only had 2 goods buildings, and it slowed me down. It's my first run-through and I'm trying to figure out how to use all the units, but in retrospect I should have maxed out my goods production, and stuck with using only archers and khopesh fighters for longer.

Another mistake, a little more subtle. I've been running 3 Housing Blocks, But I had room for some Multistory that I had filed with Diplomacy stuff. I can get rid of 1 Block for another Goods and use the Multistorys to fill in smaller spaces and still have the pop I need,

Right now I've got more space than I know what to do with. It's a weird feeling, in a settlement. I've got 4 housing blocks, 1 each of the military buildings, and I'm running 6 goods buildings to burn through my surplus loot from two x4s. I've got 32,000 deben, and I won't need diplomacy until I get more goods. Maybe if I rearrange things some more, I can squeeze in a 7th goods building? And then I'll just delete it when I hit my loot bottleneck again, or when I need some diplomacy.

Seems that when I have the Goods needed for a new Embassy Advancement I'm tearing down most / all Goods Buildings to build the Diplomacy I need. Seems horribly time inefficient. Am I doing something wrong here or is this the Way of Egypt?

I think that's just the Way of Egypt... Military buildings take longer to replace, and cost deben. Roads cost deben. But goods buildings and diplomacy buildings and small residential buildings only take 1 hour to rebuild, and don't cost any settlement resources. So we knock them down and plant palm trees, and rebuild later.

qaccy

I think I'm playing too safely and ultimately slowly. I'm only buying expansions with goods so long as they cost 1 of that good, and I haven't actually cleared any hard fights yet though I've cleared the easy and normal ones daily. To my misfortune though, I've yet to get a x4 with loot and only one so far on goods production - kind of a bummer in that regard, considering 17 days of playing the thing.

Currently with only 5 goods buildings and working on unlocking residential blocks. Perhaps I should look at buying more expansions early in future runs, and attempting the hard fights more often as I'm actually spending a lot of time with my units just sitting idle.

-Sebastian-

I bought the "5" expansion with barley, because I really needed that one extra tile, but then stuck to the 1s afterward, although once all the 1s were gone, I bought a few more with extra sacrificial offerings. Overall, I think I had too little space early on, and plenty of space at the end. I think that might be solved if I win some hard fights before I get elephants, and if I focus more on goods buildings and using all my loot, and stop caring about having one of each type of military building. Maybe.

(Also, I finally got a hard fight that doesn't call for elephants! A mix of fast, light, and artillery, with the 2nd wave being mostly artillery. Time to break out the camels...)

Super Catanian

I am consistently getting 2 fights done every day. Of those two fights, the easy one was defeated without any of my Units being scratched at all. The medium one... A War Chariot of mine died, which is unfortunate, since those take the longest to train. I will be back when done so I can do the hard fight, which I am confident I will defeat. 4 Mounted Camel Archers and 4 Nubian Archers for the first wave, followed by 2 Mounted Camel Archers. 5 War Chariots and 3 Mounted Camel Archers will make toast of that army with minimal casualties, and a nice amount of Loot awaits me.

I kept the three Residential Blocks the Quest asked me to build. They provide enough Egyptians for me to sustain my Military and Goods Buildings (4 of each), as well as some Water Gardens and Divine Statues. Spaces are obviously filled with the other Diplomacy Buildings. There is a section of my Settlement which just looks like a dense palm forest. Impediments are a b*tch, and a misclick happened when removing one with one of the free Pickaxes.

Hopefully I can get the Elephant Stable tomorrow. But what I need is more space. More!

EDIT: It is indeed tempting to spend Diamonds...

Last edited:

Super Catanian

Edit to my previous post: After training that War Chariot, I went to go fight the hard fight. I used the same army I mentioned above. Fought and lost a War Chariot, and the others suffered a few wounds. The Mounted Camel Archers were fine, though. When I wake up, my last War Chariot will be finished, and I will be ready for when the Siege Camp resets.

Algona

A special thakn s to SC. You posted something somewhere about instantly restarting a Settlement immediately if you had not fulfilled any Quests.

In Japan I start with 2 Sit Beans on 8 hour production. If I have a bad impediment start like the current one, I restart the settlement if I don't hit at least one 4x.

Your tip is gonna save me a day of waiting between restarts, I just have to resist clicking the collect Quest... Thanks!

Meanwhile in Egypt...

An odd realization and somewhat related to my last post about utilizing an early 4x Loot.

I realized a couple hours ago that at some point fighting and Barracks are no longer needed -when you've acquired enough Loot to finish the Embassy Advancements plus the 4 Quests that require gathering Goods and the final Quest requiring 30 of each Goods.

EDIT: As mangelwurzel points out a couple posts down, I missed the penultimate Quest to gather 300 Loot.

Yeah, pretty obvious. I'm proud it only took me 18 days to figure it out.

The implications though are interesting. Much like Japan and Vikings with Coins and Egypt with Debens, you can get to a point where you can stop garnering Loot. Like Japan and Vikings , calculating and knowing when you can switch your Settlement from Loot to full on Goods production can save a lot of wasted time, effort, and space.

EDIT: Except the need to capture 300 Loot. Thanks, mangelwurzel

Glad I didn't take any longer for this epiphany. I'm at 3650 Loot and need 450 more Goods. 1 more day and it's a sprint to the end, a slow sprint. If i figured it right.

Egypt. It's not just the slow grind for crappy prizes you're playing for, it's the joys of learning.

----------

And a somewhat off topic comment that prolly should be in the Feedback thread.

Seems odd that Egypt is all about fighting but the final part of the Settlement can be accomplished without any fighting.

Last edited:

-Sebastian-

In Japan I start with 2 Sit Beans on 8 hour production. If I have a bad impediment start like the current one, I restart the settlement if I don't hit at least one 4x.

Heh. I do that too. :)

I realized a couple hours ago that at some point fighting and Barracks are no longer needed -when you've acquired enough Loot to finish the Embassy Advancements plus the 4 Quests that require gathering Goods and the final Quest requiring 30 of each Goods.

... That's brilliant! ... *does math* ... I don't need to fight anymore, except for that one quest that requires gathering 300 loot. Wow. ... I'll, uh, just flatter myself by telling myself that I'd have figured this out eventually on my own. Thank you!!!

Algona

Heh. I do that too. :)

... That's brilliant! ... *does math* ... I don't need to fight anymore, except for that one quest that requires gathering 300 loot. Wow. ... I'll, uh, just flatter myself by telling myself that I'd have figured this out eventually on my own. Thank you!!!

Damn.. I missed that Quest. thanks for pointing that out.