• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Progress

DeletedUser41916

After two day with unwinnable fights, I got one win and could restart some production. Let's see how it goes now. It's still a drag and I think I will not get back to it even if I finish this time.

Finally! I'm done - finished it. It was quite long and I'm not sure it was worth. It can only be good if I build up to higher level of the special buildings (and the next one has an Emissary - not that exciting if you ask me - I have plenty FPs production already - one more is a drop in a bucket :) ).

UBERhelp1

EDIT: As mangelwurzel points out a couple posts down, I missed the penultimate Quest to gather 300 Loot.
Here some strategy: if you are careful with those unattached units waaaaay back at the beginning, you can use them to get the 300 loot by beating the Medium fight. It could be risky though if you are not good at fighting or end up with a bad enemy army, but those people could just leave a single barracks down and use those units in addition or something.

DeletedUser31499

I’m closing in on the end. Need to make just 200 more goods. It’s been a learning curve for me. Wasn’t until the last several days I was able to win that 3rd fight. The last 2 days I got lucky and had 4x loot each day. Currently have 3000 loot. Only had 1 4x goods collection during the event. Early on I wasted my unattached units. Early on I accidentally auto fought 2 fights getting wiped out each time. Really set me back. Next time I’ll be more careful with my military.

-Sebastian-

I finished my 1st one last night. Almost got my 3rd pyramid up, before I generated enough deben. Once I stopped caring about the fighting, it let me take some risks. I found that I can sometimes auto-battle the easy fight and not lose any units. Also, I found that elephants can 1-hit-kill other elephants, too. Not so fun when it happens to your own elephants. :-(

In my 2nd one, I'm going to try to always run enough goods buildings to keep my loot low. And also try to make do with limited troop selection. Definitely no war chariots. Maybe no camel archers either, as much as I love watching enemy units kill themselves...

Algona

Starting the last Quest. 1 of each Goods Building, so at least another 30 hours. Built a Pyramid, a Procession, and a Luxury Estate. Why not?

Maybe not efficient, but it'll look pretty cool. Embassy at one end of town, long road to the Pyramid, Luxury Estate near the Pyramid, Prcession near the Embassy. Sorta reminiscent of some of the cities I built way back when in Pharoah V2.

Dammit, I sure do wish the prizes were not so meh. I've enjoyed this, looks nice, and there is plenty of optimizations in fighting, impediments, and the Deben / Loot / Goods things still to learn.

And still having problems with seeing individual road tiles...

Last edited:

DeletedUser31499

You are not alone in the barely visible road tiles. I have the same problem.

AceUniverse

Hey everyone, I finished the Egyptian settlement today (1st time) with 9 days left on the 9x obelisk reward. Is this a good time or is this slow compared to others? I'm curious to know. I didn't get a single 4x loot during the entire questline which is unlucky I guess, but I got some 4x on productions maybe about 4-5 times during the run

Super Catanian

Hey everyone, I finished the Egyptian settlement today (1st time) with 9 days left on the 9x obelisk reward. Is this a good time or is this slow compared to others? I'm curious to know. I didn't get a single 4x loot during the entire questline which is unlucky I guess, but I got some 4x on productions maybe about 4-5 times during the run
That's awesome! I've been getting the x4 bonus more often on loot, meaning that I have over 10K Loot with little to spend it on. But 9 days!

-Sebastian-

That's about a day slower than me, but I got a couple of x4 loots. I'd say you're doing fine. For most of us, it's our first time through, and we're all learning as we go. 9 days left means you took 19 days, and the final time limit for x9 is a bit over 15 days, so I think we're both on track. :)

Algona

Finished iteration 1 this morning with 7 days to spare.

Playing this is slow in spots, but mostly fun, looks good.

So gonna try again and see if what I learned first time through applies to a new setup.

I think i got really lucky with Impediments, a lot were positioned favorably. In corners, away from the city center, right next to each other. I was able to use my pickaxes to remove the really bad ones and work around most of the others.

I've convinced myself I can do this (thanks UBER!) with just Khopesh and Nubians. And maybe optimize the Debens / Loot / Goods thingie We'll see.

(Hmm, cross posting, but as long as we're talking about the foum, maaybe upgrade the spell checker to accept 'Debens', 'Khopesh' and 'Nubians'? And 'UBER'. But maybe you can leave out 'thingie'... :D )

UBERhelp1

Finished iteration 1 this morning with 7 days to spare.

Playing this is slow in spots, but mostly fun, looks good.

So gonna try again and see if what I learned first time through applies to a new setup.

I think i got really lucky with Impediments, a lot were positioned favorably. In corners, away from the city center, right next to each other. I was able to use my pickaxes to remove the really bad ones and work around most of the others.

I've convinced myself I can do this (thanks UBER!) with just Khopesh and Nubians. And maybe optimize the Debens / Loot / Goods thingie We'll see.

(Hmm, cross posting, but as long as we're talking about the foum, maaybe upgrade the spell checker to accept 'Debens', 'Khopesh' and 'Nubians'? And 'UBER'. But maybe you can leave out 'thingie'... :D )
Don't forget elephants! I love their animation lol.

DeletedUser36145

My second one is a nightmare, concerning impediments. Everyone of them is central on the tile. Not a single one on the borders. I will see how it works, but for now I have removed two with the free removals and don't have an Idea in which direction to expand.
P.S. I have finished the first run through with two spare free removals, but that one will be much tougher.

Algona

I have finished the first run through with two spare free removals, but that one will be much tougher.

Which brings up a betting pool. If we could do one. How long before a Proposal to carry over unused Pickaxes?

Next iteration I have some nice spacing between Impediments on the top. A 3x4, if I remove one impediment a 4x4, then 2 more 3x4 areas.

Bottom isn't quite as good, but is serviceable.

Hold up... you use Chariots?

SC is a witch! Burn the heretic!

/me sings Baby Elephant Waltz.

Super Catanian

When the enemy army keeps consisting of too many Nubian Archers and Mounted Camel Archers, what else am I supposed to do?

Algona

When the enemy army keeps consisting of too many Nubian Archers and Mounted Camel Archers, what else am I supposed to do?

Oh, puhhhhleeeeeze. You can't figure out the answer to this one?

Matter of fact it should be the default answer to every question posed in the forum.

Check the poster's sig, then take a shot. Repeat as needed until the answer appears before you.

Speaking of I need to start blocking SL, every time he closes a thread... *hic*

Meanwhile on topic. Egypt needs more tan colors in it