• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Cultural Settlements Progress

-Sebastian-

Finished my 2nd Egyptian settlement. It took about 15 days, and I had bad luck with x4s, and no loot x4s at all. The shortest time limit for a gold chest is 14 days, so I think Egypt isn't going to be nearly as long and tedious as it looked in the beginning.

qaccy

Closing in on the finish line for Egypt #2. After my super rough 1st run, this 2nd one is going far better. Have a handle on how to do things already, and got some lucky x4s with loot early on which let me really go hard on the goods. The daily fights, though, have really made me push towards chariots and elephants unfortunately...lots of enemy camels and chariots in the lineups, usually together. Really sucks that camels have been so common since the two units 'best' to fight them with are the ones unlocked late and take 8 hours each to train. So I've built two each of chariot and now elephant barracks, along with having one of each of the others. Dropped down to now 4 goods buildings as well, 3 offerings and one flower as I'm done producing barley and pottery already. Still have 14 days left to produce 10 flowers, 150 offerings, then the 30 of each for the last quest...should finish with a lot more time left over than the ~2 days I had on attempt #1.

Algona

I've been picking up ph4t lutz as well. Working on the last three techs running 7 Goods and have all the Loot I need.. Figuring out the battling thing as well. Did add ephelumps, but haven't been using them much and now that I fave all the Loot i need they wonlt see much action.

I'm a sucker for punishment. I run Egypt in ExperimentAL, Vikings in OriginAL and Japan in NewAL

Latest iteration in Japan is insane. Hit a 4x Soy at that start to drop the 8 Soy Expansion and open Market at 9 hours. The Market gave me Instrument, Armor, Armor so dropped those 8 Goods Expansions as well. Next day another 4x Soy allowing opening Armor and the market offered Painting, Instrument Instrument allowing me to drop the two Instrument Expansions.

One of the Instruments was 4x. Half the needed Instruments before unlocking the tech.

36 hours 6 additional Expansions. Did I mention no impediments in the 10 Expansions I'm using?

It's now 72 Hours and a couple more 4x Goods payputs leaves me needing 320 Goods to finish.

Meanwhile Vikings are like, don't care about how fast they are done, last iteration I barely got the last time reward.

Yeah, I've tried doing 2 of the same Settlement at the same time. I hurt me.

Last edited:

qaccy

Got home from work today and started my third Egyptian settlement. My strategy's evolving this time to hopefully skip Khopesh Fighters completely since I barely used them last time. Inno blessed this run by giving me a x4 on the inaugural 'hope you don't lose with these unattached troops' battle so things are looking good so far!

-Sebastian-

Got home from work today and started my third Egyptian settlement. My strategy's evolving this time to hopefully skip Khopesh Fighters completely since I barely used them last time. Inno blessed this run by giving me a x4 on the inaugural 'hope you don't lose with these unattached troops' battle so things are looking good so far!

I'm on my 3rd now, and skipped Khopesh, and I'm not missing them. I've got 2 archer barracks, and that's enough for the easy and medium fights, and some of the hard fights (but I'm several techs away from elephants). I didn't get x4 on that first battle (and sadly lost 3 camels), but I've gotten three x4 loots so far, so this one is going to go super-fast for me.

Algona

I;m taking a break on Settlements. Finshed iteration 9 Japan in NewAl, will finsih #2 Egypt in ExperimentAL in 8 hours, got a ways to go in#7 Vikings in OriginAL. I think I'm now up to about 70 iterations of Settlements combined across three worlds.

As a time sink, INNO nailed Settlements.

Doing three at once is more then I can handle. It;d be nice to hire an Ambassador to handle this for a while.

Fun, but just burnt out. I like knopesh, I got pretty good with them. Archers and Shep, big gray peanut loving doggy, are fun as well. I suspect some of the lessons learned in Egypt may serve me well in the main game.

But they can wait a while.

Best of luck to all of you as you continue your imperial advances.

Algona

Im stuck haft way in the vikings, i did clean the settlement 2 years ago. now im stuck at 50% progress,,, Jap.

Read UBER's (now with more SC) excellent Guide on Settlements:

Then if you still have questions or need advice, you might want to post a detailed description of the problem in a new thread in the Questions forum. You will get help there, I guarantee it.

Good luck!

ffblackice

Viking Settlement, how many days is minimum? I lost several days due to no internet connection, right now is only 10 days left, I have 5 expansions, 30 axes and 10 meads, 1 Axe smith and 1 Mead brewery, completed 6 quests, can I finish the challenge or better to start over again?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Super Catanian

Viking Settlement, how many days is minimum? I lost several days due to no internet connection, right now is only 10 days left, I have 5 expansions, 30 axes and 10 meads, 1 Axe smith and 1 Mead brewery, completed 6 quests, can I finish the challenge or better to start over again?
Thanks.
You might still be able to do it. However, if you haven't done a lot of Settlements before then, it would be better for you to restart, as your chances of getting the x4 bonus for the Cultural Goods is still low.

Cam Ulus IV

First post here.
Is it me or is anyone else having a heck of a time building structures in Egypt because of all the impediments?
They claimed you can win “ pickaxes” to clear thru quests, but have only encountered one such and I only have 4 more to go before complete. Guess I’m griping for no reason since I’m still advancing thru the settlement, but just seemed there would be more impediment cleaning and not going around them all the time.

Super Catanian

First post here.
Is it me or is anyone else having a bitch of a time building structures in Egypt because of all the impediments?
They claimed you can win “ pickaxes” to clear thru quests, but have only encountered one such and I only have 4 more to go before complete. Guess I’m griping for no reason since I’m still advancing thru the settlement, but just seemed there would be more impediment cleaning and not going around them all the time.
Don't worry, I agree with you that Impediments in Egypt are a pain. However, if you plan well which ones are better to remove, you'll be able to finish. If you scroll up some in this page, you'll see a post of mine with a bunch of links, which are just pictures of some of the Settlements I've completed. Check them out if you will; you'll see it's definitely possible.

ffblackice

You might still be able to do it. However, if you haven't done a lot of Settlements before then, it would be better for you to restart, as your chances of getting the x4 bonus for the Cultural Goods is still low.
Thanks, it is the first time I enter the settlement challenge, I will start over. Hopefully network won't down again.

Algona

It's both.

The Impediments a re a bitch because there is one in every Expansion, That's mitigated by guaranteed no impediments in the start area. Lots more cheap Expansions. The most obstructive can be removed.

Before placing the first Expansion, take the time to thoroughly plan where you'll place Epxansions. You do this nw for Japan and Vivkings, there is one difference though.

Players have to change their focus. In Japan and Vikings, players plan Expansions to avoid Impediments. In Egypt players have to plan Expansions to make best use of Impediments placement.

Look for areas where the Impediments are furthest away from the start area and where there are unusual gaps between the impediments, and visualize the effects of removing select Impediments.

That changes Impediments from being a bitch to being the neighbor's annoying barking chihuahua.

-Sebastian-

First post here.
Is it me or is anyone else having a heck of a time building structures in Egypt because of all the impediments?

You should be able to get 6 free impediment removal tools from the quests. If you've done all but the last 4 quests, then you should have gotten 5 of them earlier...