• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser13218

I recall reading in the announcement thread that there would be no impossible challenges. While avoiding scouting and research is very helpful, I wonder if it was taken into consideration that some of us don't do Guild Expeditions as often as others. Specifically, in multiple worlds, I have been tasked with "completing all encounters of difficulty I" in Guild Expeditions...at a point in time when I had not completed any that week. I'm not clear on what the minimum encounters per difficulty is, but certainly the maximum of 64 is not viable in a single day.

Thus, I feel that "complete X difficulty" should be removed from Dailies, or at the very least contingent on actually making some progress towards it first. For instance, it could be based on quadrants, which would allow for completion in a single day.

That said, in another world I received a Daily that involved both a handful of fights and a couple of negotiations in the Expeditions, and that's no problem at all; there's nothing preventing me from completing that (in fact, I already did).

I'd also like to add to the above that tavern boosts/tavern upgrades in Dailies feel problematic to me. Spending x tavern silver is one thing (provided we have or can get it), but being forced to do boosts when you're trying to save for upgrades, or being forced to do an upgrade when you can't afford one yet, does not seem particularly fair. Both of these things have happened to me, which is why I mention them.

I've only recently come back to the game, so my tavern upgrades and income aren't very high yet, and that may be why I've had some difficulty therein, but these concerns may be worth considering from the perspective of a newer player as well.

DeletedUser

Specifically, in multiple worlds, I have been tasked with "completing all encounters of difficulty I" in Guild Expeditions...at a point in time when I had not completed any that week. I'm not clear on what the minimum encounters per difficulty is, but certainly the maximum of 64 is not viable in a single day.
That task would entail clearing the first 16 encounters of GE. The first level, in other words. Rather easily doable in one day. The first 8 are almost a given, whether negotiating or fighting. Unless you just moved up before the start of GE, in which case you need more help than I can give here. :)

DeletedUser32501

You really need to lose the 45 tavern visits as a prerequisite for the daily challenge. I've been screwed by it twice already(44 & 43 visits) despite having over 100 friends so it's got me thinking I need to stop visiting friends taverns everyday, and save that for the challenge when it comes up.

DeletedUser31592

You really need to lose the 45 tavern visits as a prerequisite for the daily challenge. I've been screwed by it twice already(44 & 43 visits) despite having over 100 friends so it's got me thinking I need to stop visiting friends taverns everyday, and save that for the challenge when it comes up.
Revamp your friend's list. It sounds like you have a lot of inactive players.
After missing tavern challenges two days in a row, I took my list from 98 to 58 and added new friends. I easily hit my tavern challenge in that city today. And I've added a chair expansion and a chair since Sunday. Plus had to spend silver for quests.

wolfhoundtoo

Of course there are provinces on the C-Map. I'm only in IA. Today is defeat 60 units. That is like, what, 10-15 sectors?! I've had a battle component all but 1 day. Had I done them all, I'd be newly IA and in LMA on the map. Even if I were to unlock Military Tactics to PvP, I'm in a BA neighborhood. Who am I going to battle?

Ultimately, this complaint goes back to my initial complaint about the change to PvP. It really needs to be put back.

does it say you have to win the fight or that you have to defeat 30 units? Try attacking, killing a couple of units and retreating. see if that works.

should of finished reading the thread before responding. :oops:

DeletedUser27137

from what I can see.. this is an attempt by inno to get us to spend/buy diamonds.
what brings me to this conclusion was the fact yesterday, I had to do 33 4 hour productions.. luckily, recently I'd run out of supplies doing research and had built a bunch of production buildings to build up my supplies. however.. as I see it, most ppl don't have 15 or so production buildings going, and 33 4 hour productions is, frankly, stupid OR... inno whispering in our ears.. "hey, buy diamonds, spend diamonds..."

my 2nd observation, the goal obviously is to get the 7 day chest hoping for some spectacular prize.. which, they're not all that great.. spend those diamonds, go thru all that trouble.. for what.. at best an SoK for 1 forge point more per day? or maybe get the 50 forge points, which most people will pick that up faster anyway

yeah... not worth it.. I'll take a pass

Salsuero

from what I can see.. this is an attempt by inno to get us to spend/buy diamonds.

That's Inno's entire and only purpose... what would make one assume otherwise? Nothing wrong with Inno doing that either, but I don't understand how this might come to a surprise to some folks.

luckily, recently I'd run out of supplies doing research and had built a bunch of production buildings to build up my supplies.

Yes, but you may have invited that challenge since it appears that the shadowy challenge giver is tying his requests to what you can actually do... in a "challenging" way. 33 4-hour productions SUCKS... but it isn't impossible for you... and this isn't a Daily Freebie thing... it's a Daily Challenge thing.

at best an SoK for 1 forge point more per day?

You shouldn't underestimate the power of the SoK. People have been known to give up the rights to their first born child for an extra SoK.

or maybe get the 50 forge points, which most people will pick that up faster anyway

Maybe. But if I can get that 7th chest doing what I already do and nothing more... and it gives me 50 FPs... I'm not gonna complain! If you go out of your way to get it, well you might have earned the right to complain, but I have to ask... why did you go out of your way? I say... do what you can and don't break your back doing so.

yeah... not worth it.. I'll take a pass

Totally up to you. It's no required, just as the Treasure Hunt isn't required. In fact, no recurring or story quests are required. Event participation isn't required either. Guild Expedition participation... GvG... none of that is required either. That's why this game is so versatile... you decide what you wanna do and you can just skip most of everything else if you want. The more you do, the more you generally get... even if a lot of what you do get isn't exactly useful. It's still more than those who do not will have.

DeletedUser27849

So I finished the 1st week DC's, got a 2 store building in one city and got 50 forge points in the other.

Each day I really did have to much of a issue with completing the quest, some did take a little longer but mostly they were able to be completed very easily. However I didn't get any hard challenges like completing "X" of 8 or 4 hour productions tho.

DeletedUser30312

I recall reading in the announcement thread that there would be no impossible challenges. While avoiding scouting and research is very helpful, I wonder if it was taken into consideration that some of us don't do Guild Expeditions as often as others. Specifically, in multiple worlds, I have been tasked with "completing all encounters of difficulty I" in Guild Expeditions...at a point in time when I had not completed any that week. I'm not clear on what the minimum encounters per difficulty is, but certainly the maximum of 64 is not viable in a single day.

Thus, I feel that "complete X difficulty" should be removed from Dailies, or at the very least contingent on actually making some progress towards it first. For instance, it could be based on quadrants, which would allow for completion in a single day.

I'll look at it from a slightly different angle here. I think completing a difficulty level should possibly take into account how much of the GE a guild has opened. If a player's guild hasn't opened level 3, then it's reasonable that they shouldn't get a requirement to finish level 3 because that makes conditions dependent on another player's actions.

Of course it could also be argued the player should get a better guild....

And requiring level completion should possibly take the day of the week into account; reaching the end of level 3 on Tuesday's going to be pretty difficult even if extra attempts are gained or medals spent. I certainly hope Inno was smart enough to program the DCs to NOT give GE tasks on Monday too.

I’ve used up some of the random buildings clutttering up my inventory, which is nice because I did really want to toss them, but some outdated little residential building I won back in EMA was the perfect thing to meet a population quest and I got some value from it.

I had a requirement today to gain 1000 happiness which ate up my last Gates of the Sun God. If this helps to thin out trash buildings from our inventories, then I support that.

what brings me to this conclusion was the fact yesterday, I had to do 33 4 hour productions.. luckily, recently I'd run out of supplies doing research and had built a bunch of production buildings to build up my supplies. however.. as I see it, most ppl don't have 15 or so production buildings going, and 33 4 hour productions is, frankly, stupid OR... inno whispering in our ears.. "hey, buy diamonds, spend diamonds..."

33 4 hour productions is a lot for 1 day unless you've got a RQ exploiting city. I got one today for 22 4 hours, but that's easy enough to accomplish since I've got 11 supply buildings and 4 extra blacksmiths. So that's 8 hours total for 2 production cycles. Still, I remember a moderator or someone connect with Inno saying in the Beta discussion thread that "Forge of Blacksmiths" isn't the sort of play style they're aiming for; if that's the case they should take a pretty close look at the math involved in supply production taking into account how many supply cycles an average player should be running.

DeletedUser30943

For those who've had the DCs for some time (whether on live or on Beta), is it my imagination, or have the number of combat-requiring challenges increased...significantly? I don't do combat, ever, because I find it monumentally boring and I'm not good at it in any event. That's fine, I'm quite happy to take my -1 on those days I get a challenge that requires it. On Beta, I've been able to hit +7 on a semi-regular basis until recently, even if not as fast as players with more balanced play-styles. Since DCs came to live, I haven't seen higher than about +1 or maybe +2 before getting hit with an equal number of combat-requiring challenges. Currently, none of my cities are higher than +1, and two have combat-requiring challenges today which will put them back to 0.

So, my first question is: is this just bad luck that I've hit a slew of combat-requiring challenges, or am I right in thinking that combat challenges have become more frequent?

Second, to Inno, was it your intent to lock out everyone who doesn't follow your prescribed, balanced play-style? While I normally do GE to 48+, I've met plenty of people who don't do it at all, but I've seen enough GE-related challenges that I suspect it would be hitting those people much like combat challenges hit me. Similarly, there are the tavern challenges that have been complained about. What about people who actually only invite real-world friends? Again, not my thing, but I've certainly met a few. And then there are the overwhelming number of productions that many have complained about. Most of them require more productions than you have buildings, so now, you're locking out people who are only able to log on once/day.

All in all, it seems like an interesting feature, but I've always maintained that it wasn't ready for live yet, and so far, I've seen nothing to convince me otherwise. If you don't play exactly the way Inno wants you to, you're pretty much screwed. I'm sorry, but I will always play a game my way, which may or may not match the way the designers feel I should. As I said above, I'm quite willing to take my -1s and advance at a slower pace, but not advancing at all seems counter-productive in a feature that I believe was intended to be accessible to most people.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30943

I had a requirement today to gain 1000 happiness which ate up my last Gates of the Sun God. If this helps to thin out trash buildings from our inventories, then I support that.
You don't have to gain happiness all at once. You can repeatedly build and destroy memorials (even just one at a time, if you're a bit masochistic) until the +72s total 1000 or more.

DeletedUser30943

Oh, another issue I just came across that makes a challenge near-impossible: I'm pretty sure that the number of productions to complete is based on the number of buildings you have, but I'm pretty sure it's counting buildings that are still under construction in that.

One of today's challenges was to do 20 8-hour productions. I have only 6 production buildings that are up and running (all but one of them multi-production buildings that are producing FPs on an 8- or 24-hour cycle) and 9 more still being constructed. Even if I wanted to interrupt all 6, I could not complete 20 8-hour productions on them in 24 hours. Yes, the 9 will be ready shortly, which will allow me to get them started before I go to bed, so I expect to make it in the end, but it would've been a different story if I'd started them just a couple of hours later (which would still be well before the DC started). While it's a slight variant of the usual complaint, here again, we see the "Forge of Blacksmiths" phenomenon. Were the 9 not completing shortly, I would've had to build several blacksmiths to complete the challenge.

Salsuero

Yeah, and to gain population, you can actually delete a building that requires population... so I figured out... I deleted one blacksmith to build a house to gain population, and deleting the blacksmith gave me some population toward the challenge... so I deleted all 6 of mine and it got me half way to the 150 it required. Then I just built 6 huts and it got me the other half in just 5 seconds. Deleted all of those and rebuilt the blacksmiths in 20 minutes. That was much faster than the 4:40 it was gonna take to build the one house to get the population all in one shot.

Salsuero

Oh, another issue I just came across that makes a challenge near-impossible: I'm pretty sure that the number of productions to complete is based on the number of buildings you have, but I'm pretty sure it's counting buildings that are still under construction in that.

One of today's challenges was to do 20 8-hour productions. I have only 6 production buildings that are up and running (all but one of them multi-production buildings that are producing FPs on an 8- or 24-hour cycle) and 9 more still being constructed. Even if I wanted to interrupt all 6, I could not complete 20 8-hour productions on them in 24 hours. Yes, the 9 will be ready shortly, which will allow me to get them started before I go to bed, so I expect to make it in the end, but it would've been a different story if I'd started them just a couple of hours later (which would still be well before the DC started). While it's a slight variant of the usual complaint, here again, we see the "Forge of Blacksmiths" phenomenon. Were the 9 not completing shortly, I would've had to build several blacksmiths to complete the challenge.

This is a daily challenge that I say "SKIP!" to. The prize is not worth the effort in my opinion... interrupting all your FP productions for a chance at something you probably don't even need/want? SKIP!

Toppcatt

a 4-hr production 33 times in a 24 hour period. Luckily i had the space to build a bunch of blacksmiths to even possibly do this this but doesn't anyone think for the average person this is excessive? All for a possibility of a residential building or coins.

Yes, I have to agree with you on and about this, as that does seem not just a little, but a whole lot excessive, regardless of what the prize is/was. Just like for today, one of the "Quests" I got, I needed to Negotiate 3 GE Encounters. Now what the problem is here, is that I had already completed the 3rd level, and so needed to do this in/for the 4th level. And as I have opined before, that more and more over the last 1- 1 1/2 yrs, whomever at Inno is responsible for making these decisions, that they are making Players build their cities a few certain ways, compared to when I 1st started playing in Mar 13', that us Players had a lot more freedom on how we could build our cities. I mean, it's ridiculous that we need and/or have to waste the precious space in our cities, with having umpteen Blacksmiths built, all because of the possibility of getting a bunch of Quests, that want some outrageous number of 4 or 8 hour productions. DOH!!

And it's bad enough that the Devs had really nerfed GE for the Players who are in Arctic Future (the only Age/Era that they raised the "enemy" unit bonuses by a lot, for ALL of the levels and Encounters), but for doing Negotiations in the 4th, or even 3rd level, there is 7 and 8 different Goods/items to choose from (which they also includes Medals for choices, of which I'm still saving for the most recent Medal Expansion, and need 520 K Medals), yet you only get 3 tries/chances to complete the Negotiation. Well only 3 tries, UNLESS you spend DIAMONDS, which I'm sure is the whole point of them writing these types of Quests (and making the Negotiations this way). So it's either NOT complete today's Challenge, and get the "penalty" for not completing it, OR have to spend possibly a good amount of Diamonds to complete it.

I know and understand we don't "have to" do the DC, but at the same time, I do think that for a good number of the different "Quests" are total BS, for the ones that I have gotten, just during this 1st week of the DC being available to everybody. DOH!!

Salsuero

But then I got a softball "challenge" today:

Screen shot 2017-12-21 at 6.09.56 AM.png

Finished it in around 30 seconds since I start daily challenges just before collection. Too bad the reward was useless to me:

Screen shot 2017-12-21 at 6.13.02 AM.png

I'll take the +1 towards the weekly goal, but meh. Easy is easy.

DeletedUser31498

Wow that's really interesting if it is based on what one has currently. Can anyone confirm that? If thats the case, I guess we should all delete our blacksmiths each night before the new DC?