• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

centaurgod

From my understanding no you don't for example: You do 5 miss 1 then do 3 (5-1+3 =7) . Every time you do one you get a +1, every time you miss one you get a -1. When you get to +7 you win the chest.

However if you only play 3 times a week you will never reach +7 you would need to successfully complete a minimum of 4 days every week to eventually get to a +7.

Only had DC's today so not tested it myself, just my understanding of the info I read.

So if I decide I do not like either of the daily prizes and do not select either one that i will get one(1) demerit ???

DeletedUser31498

Yes, I have to agree with you on and about this, as that does seem not just a little, but a whole lot excessive, regardless of what the prize is/was. Just like for today, one of the "Quests" I got, I needed to Negotiate 3 GE Encounters. Now what the problem is here, is that I had already completed the 3rd level, and so needed to do this in/for the 4th level. And as I have opined before, that more and more over the last 1- 1 1/2 yrs, whomever at Inno is responsible for making these decisions, that they are making Players build their cities a few certain ways, compared to when I 1st started playing in Mar 13', that us Players had a lot more freedom on how we could build our cities. I mean, it's ridiculous that we need and/or have to waste the precious space in our cities, with having umpteen Blacksmiths built, all because of the possibility of getting a bunch of Quests, that want some outrageous number of 4 or 8 hour productions. DOH!!

And it's bad enough that the Devs had really nerfed GE for the Players who are in Arctic Future (the only Age/Era that they raised the "enemy" unit bonuses by a lot, for ALL of the levels and Encounters), but for doing Negotiations in the 4th, or even 3rd level, there is 7 and 8 different Goods/items to choose from (which they also includes Medals for choices, of which I'm still saving for the most recent Medal Expansion, and need 520 K Medals), yet you only get 3 tries/chances to complete the Negotiation. Well only 3 tries, UNLESS you spend DIAMONDS, which I'm sure is the whole point of them writing these types of Quests (and making the Negotiations this way). So it's either NOT complete today's Challenge, and get the "penalty" for not completing it, OR have to spend possibly a good amount of Diamonds to complete it.

I know and understand we don't "have to" do the DC, but at the same time, I do think that for a good number of the different "Quests" are total BS, for the ones that I have gotten, just during this 1st week of the DC being available to everybody. DOH!!

@Toppcatt you can buy the extras turn from the tavern for 1500 silver. Makes negotiating with 7 variables pretty easy, you should get it well over half the time. Still quite costly, but definitely no need for diamonds. Bad luck completing GE 3 though obviously.

Algona

I wonder if it;s worth the effort t set up a thread where we all post our quests to get some data.

I've had the 33x4 hours twice. Once pre and once post setting up 8 blacksmiths.

I suspect that if you complete lvl 3 GE you don;t get any GE based Quests.

DeletedUser31498

If completing daily challenges is worth blowing up your city every day... it sounds pretty reasonable to me.
haha umm, i've built 3 blacksmiths for the sole purpose of DC. not really blowing up my city deleting before the Dc starts.

DeletedUser31498

I wonder if it;s worth the effort t set up a thread where we all post our quests to get some data.

I've had the 33x4 hours twice. Once pre and once post setting up 8 blacksmiths.

I suspect that if you complete lvl 3 GE you don;t get any GE based Quests.

Right I figured these were more Age based, and not city-specific. Your point seems to suggest this as well.

DeletedUser25795

So if I decide I do not like either of the daily prizes and do not select either one that i will get one(1) demerit ???

I was educated by:
That is not exactly accurate. If you do NOT accept the quest it will not give you -1. Skipping the DC for a day has no impact on your total what so ever.

So if you don't like either chest and therefore do not select to do the daily then it should not +/- 1 for that day. So basically if you skip/miss a day there is no effect but if you accept and FAIL one then its a -1. From what I read.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30312

You don't have to gain happiness all at once. You can repeatedly build and destroy memorials (even just one at a time, if you're a bit masochistic) until the +72s total 1000 or more.

Would that be assuming that I want to keep trash decos in my inventory?

Salsuero

Would that be assuming that I want to keep trash decos in my inventory?

No, but it does take into consideration that most people actually use the tiles in their cities and don't have all of that free space to build everything at once. You would still have to use the same number of decos... so the "trash" gets removed either way.

wolfhoundtoo

I haven't seen anything that would indicate that the production requests are based on the number of supply buildings you have..... I know people (in this thread) have indicated that they set up the DCs to avoid scouts and making you take sectors if you don't have any available (or haven't started a scout) to avoid them being impossible.

That being said I think many in this thread need to understand the difference between impossible, difficult and not desirable to do so. If you have to reconstruction your city to put in production buildings that is POSSIBLE.......but not desirable. ;)

DeletedUser31908

daily challenges are awesome, I think it must be a difference between low active players and players with high activity , Dc can make this, I love it , I won a SoK in my first Dc

Zolta

The DC's are ok but I would prefer that the left chest had a chance to give one or more quests that are combat involved.

While I would prefer that the right chest had zero chance to give any combat quests.

Before everyone go off on my let be clear some of us players see this game as a City Building / Management game NOT a combat game so it would be nice to just be allowed to pick a guaranteed non-combat reward chest and then get however many quests I need to do for the random reward.

DeletedUser32009

After seeing the prizes in the weekly chest, I see the 2 months those had DC compared to us that didn't did give an advantage, But I came to terms with that. I am just soooo happy to have DC's now! :)
I hope Inno doesn't do a roll out like this again though. it causes too much discord.

DeletedUser26131

I like DC's but sometimes they expire before I can finish everything for that day.
I just see there are a settings button in the daily challange where you can adjust the start time of the daily so if you plan it wise you can finish it. The only thing about setting this is that you have to wait an aditional day (24h+) to start again. But it suits me better this way.

BruteForceAttack

After seeing the prizes in the weekly chest, I see the 2 months those had DC compared to us that didn't did give an advantage, But I came to terms with that. I am just soooo happy to have DC's now! :)
I hope Inno doesn't do a roll out like this again though. it causes too much discord.

Huh, well I have already won an sok, more than 100 fps, champ retreat, maharajah palace ..do i say more?