• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Don't You Hate It When...

Don't you hate it when you just committed to a very large amount on the 1.9 thread and you are doing the RQ's to mine for goods so it's going to take a few minutes to get through it. Then your family starts asking what's for dinner etc and you have to tell them 'nothing until I get done here". I mean come on, they know where my loyalties are...LOL. :D

I also hate the Mondays after GE is done, GVG is done and an Event is done, but it did allow me to find this hilarious thread.;)

Ebeondi Asi

Waiting... Have all the things I need to move to the next Era, and really ready to do so.. but need to wait (for reason below) And just hate waiting for anything. Like a personally created hell of one's own choosing. The urge to just go ahead. (it really only takes one click...) is like having an itch I cannot scratch. LOL
(I am in Venus, and the move would be to Jupiter. But I see the long time in Jupiter until at least next Spring to have a move (to Saturn). So why jump the gun? I'll just be in Jupiter that much longer if I jump early. So I want to wait awhile... )

RRach

You are on the final quest of a Settlement - "collect x amount of each goods" - and you've not been keeping a close eye on what you've produced. You come back 4 or 8 hours later thinking you can finish this darn settlement only to be told you're 5 or 10 short. OK no problem. Which good ? Yes of course you could just do another 4 or 8 hours of all the 4 goods, but if you happen to be low on currency, a summary telling you which goods you've completed might be useful.

Don't you hate it when...... the guild you are in informs you that since you are the only one in a given era you will have to age up or leave the guild when you just got 4 Hover Tanks in Progressive Era and PE guild treasury goods are all over 100K......

RRach

When good people on your friends list suddenly go inactive
How long do you leave it before messaging them & unfriending ?
These guys are usually so communicative. You'd have thought they'd leave a note or something
You hope nothing has happened...
Then again, its just a game...people come and go...don't get too attached.

DevaCat

A large proportion of players are retired which is why many can devote most of their day to the game. Some of them likely died but I am sure that they felt bad about not letting you know beforehand. Knights of Good had 2 deaths while I was in it within 4 months and both natural causes , it's life and life happens ... or doesn't some times.
Okay, I am responding because this is such a ridiculous statement that I can’t let it pass. I am retired, but according to you I should feel bad about letting you know beforehand that I am about to die? Who the fuck do you think you are? That is the most offensive post I think I have seen, and I’ve seen a lot.

Sharmon the Impaler

Okay, I am responding because this is such a ridiculous statement that I can’t let it pass. I am retired, but according to you I should feel bad about letting you know beforehand that I am about to die? Who the fuck do you think you are? That is the most offensive post I think I have seen, and I’ve seen a lot.
I am a 61 year old semi retired vet and I think if you read it more carefully and who it's replying to you will catch the sarcasm.

Johnny B. Goode

As @Sharmon the Impaler said, you need to reread his post. Particularly this sentence:
Some of them likely died but I am sure that they felt bad about not letting you know beforehand.
That is pure sarcasm. It is in response to this:
When good people on your friends list suddenly go inactive
How long do you leave it before messaging them & unfriending ?
These guys are usually so communicative. You'd have thought they'd leave a note or something
You hope nothing has happened...
The sarcasm points out that if the person quit playing because they died, expecting a note beforehand is kinda...well, it just ain't gonna happen.

SomePlayer5000

I just happened to create a similar thread about painful moments on FOE and I didnt see this sorry
also how in the world did that post get through like holy.
Just chill.
The fact that players retire just to play this and end up dying later of natural causes is just really strange.

DevaCat

Guys, gals chill :). I made the comment I did because I was having a grumpy old man night, probably (surely) had too much to drink, and misinterpreted the post I was responding to. Sarcasm and irony can be hard to recognize in forum posts. So can humor. I wish I had a few fps for every time my attempt at humor flopped. Be good to each other. Mea culpa.