• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

Emberguard

Either that or let them take the lower spots but speed it up with your own contributions as well if you know you can do a few lvls before it rotates back to your turn in the group. That's what some people in my HC swap group do. Instead of waiting for their turn they start on the next lvl and can go up a few lvls by the time we get back to them. We then work on whatever lvl they're currently on. But they also have the income to do so without slowing down when it comes to keeping up with whatever other GB we're contributing to currently

You're not losing anything by being in the swap group and letting them put their daily contributions in whenever your turn comes around. Chances are they'll be putting in more then others would anyway. As long as there's spots available for them once they start putting in so they're not completely missing out on reward spots then there shouldn't be a problem.

Salsuero

You're not losing anything by being in the swap group

Sure is. If using collection only slows things down significantly (which is what it sounded like was the issue), when using that collection on a self-leveling effort speeds things up. OP already said time leveling the Arc is the limiting factor in causing the loss of enjoyment for the game.

Emberguard

Sure is. If using collection only slows things down significantly (which is what it sounded like was the issue), when using that collection on a self-leveling effort speeds things up. OP already said time leveling the Arc is the limiting factor in causing the loss of enjoyment for the game.
You're ignoring the context of that statement. I was saying it's not losing anything to stay in if they're self lvl'ing inbetween turns

Salsuero

You're ignoring the context of that statement. I was saying it's not losing anything to stay in if they're self lvl'ing inbetween turns

How does that make a difference in speed if the OP is waiting for them to complete the swap? They already can't do it any faster. So why would the OP gain an advantage when he/she could simply use inventory to get it to a point of being locked and get any random souls to fill those spots, level, and move on immediately? Since speed is the reason stated for why the post was made, it doesn't make sense to suggest doing something slow... like waiting on them... which is already the status quo.

Emberguard

The daily collection whether that be for one person or both combined is still more then anything they'd get for 4th + 5th combined @ 1.9. Which when you're speeding through lvls usually you'll only get 1.9 at best due to lack of time for snipers to find and dump

So using that in conjunction with self lvling is the fastest route. Groups only lvl one GB at a time. So when it's his turn they put in. When it's not his turn he self lvls so by the time it gets back to his turn he's already done a few lvls. Thus speeding it up

Salsuero

The daily collection whether that be for one person or both combined is still more then anything they'd get for 4th + 5th combined @ 1.9. Which when you're speeding through lvls usually you'll only get 1.9 at best due to lack of time for snipers to find and dump

You missed the point of the OP. More speed was what was desired, not FPs. If he/she can spend from inventory and level the rest of them in a day, why would waiting a month for a few FPs matter to him/her? Doesn't sound like that's what would make things go as desired. The OP said he/she doesn't want to wait. So... waiting for those extra FPs doesn't sound like what he/she wants to do. Now, if an agreement can be made that they spend a certain amount above the 4th/5th reward NOW on all the remaining levels, that's fine. But if they're taking a month to move a few levels only for the 4th/5th spots... it sounds like they are VERY strapped for FPs and it would be better to go it alone at this point. That's my take based on my interpretation of what the OP said is going on.

when it's his turn they put in

I have no idea what you mean by this. Any swap group I've been in doesn't do "turns" -- so maybe this needs clarification by the OP. My understanding is you put your FPs on the target GB when you have them... then you level when you can after you've received all of the FPs owed by your group... and once everyone has leveled, you repeat on the next level. You can go faster than the rest of the group, if possible, but you're ultimately waiting for the slowest of them before you can proceed. It sounds like his/her groupmates are the slow ones, which would not be ideal for going faster. If there is some other way of doing it that is "fast" -- I don't see why this would have come up as an issue, but like I said... needs clarification from the OP if there's something I'm missing about his/her situation.

DeletedUser36020

You missed the point of the OP. More speed was what was desired, not FPs. If he/she can spend from inventory and level the rest of them in a day, why would waiting a month for a few FPs matter to him/her? Doesn't sound like that's what would make things go as desired. The OP said he/she doesn't want to wait. So... waiting for those extra FPs doesn't sound like what he/she wants to do. Now, if an agreement can be made that they spend a certain amount above the 4th/5th reward NOW on all the remaining levels, that's fine. But if they're taking a month to move a few levels only for the 4th/5th spots... it sounds like they are VERY strapped for FPs and it would be better to go it alone at this point. That's my take based on my interpretation of what the OP said is going on.

I have no idea what you mean by this. Any swap group I've been in doesn't do "turns" -- so maybe this needs clarification by the OP. My understanding is you put your FPs on the target GB when you have them... then you level when you can after you've received all of the FPs owed by your group... and once everyone has leveled, you repeat on the next level. You can go faster than the rest of the group, if possible, but you're ultimately waiting for the slowest of them before you can proceed. It sounds like his/her groupmates are the slow ones, which would not be ideal for going faster. If there is some other way of doing it that is "fast" -- I don't see why this would have come up as an issue, but like I said... needs clarification from the OP if there's something I'm missing about his/her situation.
Yeah, so my group is three people. We open the new level, and add an allotted number of points to the level of the arc for 4th or 5th. Everyone is going at once. It really doesn't save us any FP, and I've tried to change it a few times but nothing has ever worked out. They are no where near as active as sniping as I am, and thus the few fp they get from the reward spots seems like a lot.

At this point we are taking roughly a week a level (probably closer to 6 days.) and we all tend to finish at the same time. However, that is only because we use collections only. I am in HMA and the others are in much higher ages, but we have the same daily fp production, give or take. I probably said this before, but yes, I am just worried about taking another month to get to level 80. Its hard to ditch the other two at this point because we have worked together for so long, but this just isn't working, I might have to do that. I just don't even know how to do it without making them upset.

Salsuero

Yeah, so my group is three people. We open the new level, and add an allotted number of points to the level of the arc for 4th or 5th. Everyone is going at once. It really doesn't save us any FP, and I've tried to change it a few times but nothing has ever worked out. They are no where near as active as sniping as I am, and thus the few fp they get from the reward spots seems like a lot.

At this point we are taking roughly a week a level (probably closer to 6 days.) and we all tend to finish at the same time. However, that is only because we use collections only. I am in HMA and the others are in much higher ages, but we have the same daily fp production, give or take. I probably said this before, but yes, I am just worried about taking another month to get to level 80. Its hard to ditch the other two at this point because we have worked together for so long, but this just isn't working, I might have to do that.

What I'm understanding is that they could afford to spend the amount you swap for 4th/5th, but then they can't afford to do that again until they've spent the amount to level themselves which is the real time-consuming part based on only using collection FPs. So... if they would be willing to spend on all of those last levels immediately as a priority -- let's say one level per day, for example -- then you could use your inventory for all the rest, while they spent whatever they had left over on themselves, but not so much that they couldn't hit you again the next day. They'd just have to trust you to give them the same amount back however long it takes them, even though you'd long-since finished. I did this with a swapmate who was several levels behind me... told him to just help me level to 20... and even though I'd get there way faster than him, I'd still finish his until he also got to 20. I kept my word and we both eventually got there... me sooner, of course. The question is... do they trust you. Because you'd be getting their FPs far sooner than they'd be getting yours.

DeletedUser36020

What I'm understanding is that they could afford to spend the amount you swap for 4th/5th, but then they can't afford to do that again until they've spent the amount to level themselves which is the real time-consuming part based on only using collection FPs. So... if they would be willing to spend on all of those last levels immediately as a priority -- let's say one level per day, for example -- then you could use your inventory for all the rest, while they spent whatever they had left over on themselves, but not so much that they couldn't hit you again the next day. They'd just have to trust you to give them the same amount back however long it takes them, even though you'd long-since finished. I did this with a swapmate who was several levels behind me... told him to just help me level to 20... and even though I'd get there way faster than him, I'd still finish his until he also got to 20. I kept my word and we both eventually got there... me sooner, of course. The question is... do they trust you. Because you'd be getting their FPs far sooner than they'd be getting yours.
What would make the most sense at this point would be to entirely withdraw from the group. They don't need the bps or medals. (the one is in virtual future and well set on medals already)

So while that is a valid idea it probably hurts them more than if I were to just withdraw.

I really appreciate y'alls help on this.

Salsuero

What would make the most sense at this point would be to entirely withdraw from the group. They don't need the bps or medals. (the one is in virtual future and well set on medals already)

I agree. I just wanted to offer a way to keep your sentimental attachment intact because it sounded important to you.

So while that is a valid idea it probably hurts them more than if I were to just withdraw.

Only if they don't trust you. They already move slowly. If they're really your in-game "friends" they'd want to help you not hate the game.

DeletedUser36020

I agree. I just wanted to offer a way to keep your sentimental attachment intact because it sounded important to you.
I'm not really attached to the group itself anymore. The leader who founded the group left when life got too busy for her, and she was my friend that really made me stay with the group.

The problem is these people are both long time and high ranking members within the guild. I don't want them to be offended with me leaving and then influence the big arc donors within the guild to get rid of me. That would be a problem. I don't really see that happening but I tend to overthink things. So I guess my first post was asking if I had a valid reason to leave. At this point I'm more worried about if that reason is strong enough to risk tension within my guild.

Salsuero

I'm not really attached to the group itself anymore. The leader who founded the group left when life got too busy for her, and she was my friend that really made me stay with the group.

This would've been wonderful to know when you first posted!!! LOL It makes the suggestion to leave NOW much easier.

The problem is these people are both long time and high ranking members within the guild. I don't want them to be offended with me leaving and then influence the big arc donors within the guild to get rid of me. That would be a problem. I don't really see that happening but I tend to overthink things.

Here's my opinion. If they're at all "good", why would they be offended? They should already know they're holding you back... they're pseudo-leaders of your guild, but it would offend them that you were starting to dislike the game because they're so slow? If this is true (and you seem to think it's probably not), you aren't in a guild that supports you and might consider your options there. You're clearly stronger than they are and they're not your game managers. Explain what you are feeling and if they get triggered, find a better home! You shouldn't be worried that you'd be booted from a guild just because you want to leave a swap group that isn't working for you. The other option is what... quit the game? Would they prefer you do that? Just my 2¢ on that.

DeletedUser36020

This would've been wonderful to know when you first posted!!! LOL It makes the suggestion to leave NOW much easier.

Here's my opinion. If they're at all "good", why would they be offended? They should already know they're holding you back... they're pseudo-leaders of your guild, but it would offend them that you were starting to dislike the game because they're so slow? If this is true (and you seem to think it's probably not), you aren't in a guild that supports you and might consider your options there. You're clearly stronger than they are and they're not your game managers. Explain what you are feeling and if they get triggered, find a better home! You shouldn't be worried that you'd be booted from a guild just because you want to leave a swap group that isn't working for you. The other option is what... quit the game? Would they prefer you do that? Just my 2¢ on that.
After much consideration of what you said I just told them that I was leaving. Shortly after your last message one of the members of the group came to me expressing concern that the other one was constantly short changing the both of us (claiming sniper contribution as his own, etc). After reviewing the last ten levels, he had shortchanged both of us over 100 fp. Not enough to start something about, but it was enough to push me over the edge to leave the group.

Emberguard

I have no idea what you mean by this.
This
What I'm understanding is that they could afford to spend the amount you swap for 4th/5th, but then they can't afford to do that again until they've spent the amount to level themselves which is the real time-consuming part based on only using collection FPs
Swap groups usually operate one of two ways.
(1) Everyone goes at the same time contributing to every GB in the group simultaneously in whatever order they want.
(2) Everyone dumps into a single GB and then move onto the next GB in the group in a set order. All other GBs remain Iocked until nearing their turn to avoid sniping.

It normally takes roughly a week per round regardless of group size or method if you're mainly using city collections. BUT if it's the second method then it's very easy to use it with self lvl'ing. Just continue doing lvl's outside the group during the week until it rotates back to your turn. Once everyones ready to come back to your GB they can put in for the lowest positions which means for that lvl you don't have to find as many contributors

You missed the point of the OP. More speed was what was desired, not FPs.
I know that. However more FPs from other contributors is usually more speed if you can time it right. Not like he has an unlimited FP bank, only barely enough to make it to lvl 80 if it's getting enough in each position

Emberguard

After much consideration of what you said I just told them that I was leaving. Shortly after your last message one of the members of the group came to me expressing concern that the other one was constantly short changing the both of us (claiming sniper contribution as his own, etc). After reviewing the last ten levels, he had shortchanged both of us over 100 fp. Not enough to start something about, but it was enough to push me over the edge to leave the group.
I wish you well with your Arc Lvling :)

DeletedUser41200

I tried finding an answer within the thread but i couldnt find one. in the original post its mentioned, that a lvl10 CF has a feedback factor for the UBQ of 1.365. how is that calculated? so i can manipulate it with different CF lvls. thanks for the help

*Arturis*

I tried finding an answer within the thread but i couldnt find one. in the original post its mentioned, that a lvl10 CF has a feedback factor for the UBQ of 1.365. how is that calculated? so i can manipulate it with different CF lvls. thanks for the help
Say you have 200% from cf boost
Take the goods as an example
Your base goods is 5
So take 5*(1+200%)=15 goods

DeletedUser41200

Say you have 200% from cf boost
Take the goods as an example
Your base goods is 5
So take 5*(1+200%)=15 goods

hmm, so i take the number of quests i can do, factor in the chance of getting gold or supplies times the CF power, add it together and see how many UBQs i can do with that extra gained gold/supplies right? and then add those extra quests to the total quests i can do

RazorbackPirate

hmm, so i take the number of quests i can do, factor in the chance of getting gold or supplies times the CF power, add it together and see how many UBQs i can do with that extra gained gold/supplies right? and then add those extra quests to the total quests i can do
Yes. That's pretty much it.