• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Dulahan's guidelines to lvl 80 arc rush (and beyond), starting from bronze age

• Thread starter DeletedUser29218
  • Start date

DeletedUser35894

Go for 8 across. City design in FoE always seems to favor even numbers. That's why it's so challenging to deal with Cherry Gardens and GBs like CdM, FoD, and even Arc. Odd numbers on both sides being stuck into a city layout that's divisible by 2.

I always find layout a bit more challenging on the end of the map that has the odd number of expansions. It seems much more difficult to use every tile productively.

I'll probably go for 8 as well and stop short like the example I gave that HQS posted and I had reposted more recently. I just need to look ahead to see how many expansions I'll have.

Thanks all for all the help. There's no multi-quote option on this forum I guess or I would have quoted more of you in one post to acknowledge my thanks and that it was helpful. Without multi-quote it would be too many posts clogging up the thread.

RazorbackPirate

I'll probably go for 8 as well and stop short like the example I gave that HQS posted and I had reposted more recently. I just need to look ahead to see how many expansions I'll have.
Thanks all for all the help. There's no multi-quote option on this forum I guess or I would have quoted more of you in one post to acknowledge my thanks and that it was helpful. Without multi-quote it would be too many posts clogging up the thread.
Just hit reply to each thread you want to quote, and it will add the quote to the post you are wor
If you don't host them, how do you post them where they are embedded? I only see an option at the bottom for uploading, which makes them an attachment. The other options up top all require a link (hosted). Thanks
Yeah that city has way too many corners, you could get away with fewer roads if you find a way to have longer columns
Just an example.

DeletedUser35894

@Sadarta: I've been in HMA for like 7 months, from having no SMB, CF, or ARC to now having all 3 at lvls 8, 10 and 73 respectively. I wouldn't worry too much about heading to LMA until your arc is 80.

As far as provinces go, I've already conquered all the HMA and LMA provinces (for events) and am now on Colonial. My plan is eventually to hit LMA for just long enough to get diamonds from all the recurring quests (probably except research 2) and then camping in colonial long enough to build up enough goods to go through the next couple ages with ease. That is going to be after I get my Arc to 80 (maybe another month), get my AO to 10 (it's at 5), get a kraken and level it to 10 and get a blue galaxy and level it to 10. Then maybe a traz and teracotta army if my guild can hook me up with the goods for TA. Then I might bump up ages.

I think you're in a good spot. Just take it slow. Get that CF to lvl 6 and then worry about getting your arc down. Once you get CF you will be making a lot of goods and will be able to cruise through GE. (If you don't already have a temple of relics, I'd get one and place it at lvl 1 for the relics.

Glad to say my CF is now at six. Very happy with the goods production. I don't seem to be getting as many FP as people mentioned though, nor am I getting hardly any BP's from aiding any longer. I take the time to target aid certain ages and it's not helped either. I wonder if they've changed these algorithms. I'd need to track it for a big enough sample size to see. The FP probably evens out, but the BP's have definitely gone down since having lower age friends and starting out myself.

My LOA is at 7, TOR at 3, OBS 4 (hope guild doesn't mind taking this out once the Arc is down?), Zeuss at 4, CDM 7, and SMB 7, but I started to go to 8 while waiting to get my Arc this week. From re-reading this thread, I think maybe I should have stopped, but my coin lags behind a bit and I'd like to take out the houses and put up the INNO that's ready to go. Traz is ready to go too, but will hold off until I have much more room.

I've only been doing all GE 64 about a month now, so hopefully in not too long a time I can have enough FP/Coin generators that the houses can come out.

I got the Royal Ship, is this safe to put down? If I remember correctly one post said not good for loop questers, but more recently it was said it's better than SOK's, so I would think ok. Perhaps they were strictly referring to the Sunken Treasure, which I'm saving.

My understanding is that you only will screw yourself out of the double LMA questlines if you:
1) Go too far in the story line. This is impossible to do while in HMA, as you have to pass the "Build a Tower Ruin" quest.
2) Open up a bonus questline that you're incapable of completing (for example, the indy bonus would be quite hard to complete in HMA/LMA)
3) Go too far in tech compared to your story quests. There are quests like "unlock a cultural technology". If you've already unlocked all those techs in HMA/LMA before getting to that quest, you'd be forced to push in age to complete the quest, and you'd have to complete the quest to get to the double recurring quest slots.

Quoting this again, not because I've moved up to LMA or CA yet, I think I'm going to stay in HMA as most commonly recommended and hope that I'm good enough at managing my Arc and finding proper people to work with so that it levels and the medals start coming so I have some space to work with.

I quote it because apparently I'm fully hooked and have started a second account as a diamond farm. I'm in IA now, might camp there for a bit, but I doubt I will stay. What's everyone's fascination with camping in IA? I guess GE is pretty easy? I'm going to check it out for a bit just to see, it's taking my diamonds from the recurring quests ages to show up anyhow. Should I just be loop questing right away or have goods buildings for now?

It feels like forever since I've been in HMA, even though it's only a couple months, that I forget how to start over again. Kinda fun to do it knowing a lot more this time though. Your point three prompted my reply though. It won't be critical to me in this age if I screw it up because I'll probably go to HMA, but I should have not gone through tech quickly? This is the balance I don't quite get. The story is constantly wanting map advancement, but I'm not supposed to do that, but I'm also supposed to hold off on tech....so I'm a bit confused.

It's also said to only go for the C map sections that have expansions, but you can't see them until you scout them. I guess just look it up in the Wikia and they're always the same? Everyone's goods deposit varies so thought that did too, and I'm not supposed to worry about unlocking my goods deposits either?

None of this is critical, but I'd like to get it straight so I can continue to do this account better from the start than I did my main, which I went too far on the C map, thankfully not hurting anything, but I guess could be in trouble soon if events start asking us to again because I'm into the CA map a bit.

It's funny having a pretty good grip on the more advanced techniques and about to lay my Arc down finally, should be this week, and then starting a new account and feeling like a newb again. It's good though, I had already messed it up by the time I found this guide the first time, so never got to properly learn it.

DeletedUser31308

The FP probably evens out, but the BP's have definitely gone down since having lower age friends and starting out myself.

There has been no change in their patch notes, and I doubt fiddling with that is anywhere near their devs priority list, so I doubt it. You, like me, were more likely just very lucky with Aid BPs when you started and now you are seeing rates closer to what's expected (1%? 2%? I remember reading its somewhere in there).

I got the Royal Ship, is this safe to put down?

Yes, it is better than SoKs. The general rule is if the building generates more FP/day than the quests you could do with that space would, put it down.

I quote it because apparently I'm fully hooked and have started a second account as a diamond farm. I'm in IA now, might camp there for a bit, but I doubt I will stay. What's everyone's fascination with camping in IA? I guess GE is pretty easy? I'm going to check it out for a bit just to see, it's taking my diamonds from the recurring quests ages to show up anyhow. Should I just be loop questing right away or have goods buildings for now?

IA is pretty easy for GE, the units have small attack boosts. It's also the best age for UBQ spinning. If you don't have CF, goods buildings are fine. If you do have CF, 24hr productions can be done, but they're still quite inefficient with the large building size. Your quest looping will mostly be accomplished from UBQs.

Your point three prompted my reply though. It won't be critical to me in this age if I screw it up because I'll probably go to HMA, but I should have not gone through tech quickly?

You shouldn't really be worried about this in IA. Basically, there are some story quests that require you to unlock a specific kind of tech, so you better push the story enough to be able to complete those tech quests before you run out of those techs to do in your age or lower. There are other threads here that go more into specifics.

It's also said to only go for the C map sections that have expansions, but you can't see them until you scout them. I guess just look it up in the Wikia and they're always the same? Everyone's goods deposit varies so thought that did too, and I'm not supposed to worry about unlocking my goods deposits either?

The goods deposits only differ in terms of what good boost you get, not which province has the goods deposit. Yes, there is a thread here with pictures of all the campaign maps completed, so you know which to go for. The advice used to be to push your map slowly so you can complete events and daily challenges without being screwed when they ask you to take sectors/provinces. Lately, inno has provided alternative options to all those quests, so it's potentially not as important to keep your map behind when camping for a long time. I'd still leave the provinces unconquered/unscouted that the story quest doesn't require you to conquer/scout, for a rainy day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35894

There has been no change in their patch notes, and I doubt fiddling with that is anywhere near their devs priority list, so I doubt it. You, like me, were more likely just very lucky with Aid BPs when you started and now you are seeing rates closer to what's expected (1%? 2%? I remember reading its somewhere in there).

Probably, so, it even feels that way on my new account as well, I'm getting a lot more and don't even have as many friends and a smaller guild. I heard 1-2% as well....I also heard it depends on what building you aid as to likelihood. I have no idea if that's true. It is true that aiding for a certain age will give you that ages GB's and that's what I'm trying. With the low amount of BP's I get and the extra work that target aiding take I think I will stop bothering...but getting those higher aged friends is supposed to be a fairly decent help. It's really not at this point.

, it is better than SoKs. The general rule is if the building generates more FP/day than the quests you could do with that space would, put it down.

Sounds like a good reasoning and what I was thinking of. I don't get a ton of FP from quests, but a decent amount. I'll put it down next remodel.

IA is pretty easy for GE, the units have small attack boosts. It's also the best age for UBQ spinning. If you don't have CF, goods buildings are fine. If you do have CF, 24hr productions can be done, but they're still quite inefficient with the large building size. Your quest looping will mostly be accomplished from UBQs.

Yeah, the Butcher is big and now I'm not even sure it's the right one to use as I was automatically thinking about 24HR quests. I need to see if I'm outputting enough for a lot of UBQ's or just age up first anyhow.

You shouldn't really be worried about this in IA. Basically, there are some story quests that require you to unlock a specific kind of tech, so you better push the story enough to be able to complete those tech quests before you run out of those techs to do in your age or lower. There are other threads here that go more into specifics.

Not too worried, but wanted to do everything "right" as a practice run this time around. I think I may have already knackered it. I still have some tech to unlock, but it's only now pushing me on the map and this next one it's asking for might be out of IA. I tried last night and couldn't find any good pictures. I didn't look long, but I'll try and google some more and look for that thread here.

The goods deposits only differ in terms of what good boost you get, not which province has the goods deposit. Yes, there is a thread here with pictures of all the campaign maps completed, so you know which to go for. The advice used to be to push your map slowly so you can complete events and daily challenges without being screwed when they ask you to take sectors/provinces. Lately, inno has provided alternative options to all those quests, so it's potentially not as important to keep your map behind when camping for a long time. I'd still leave the provinces unconquered/unscouted that the story quest doesn't require you to conquer/scout, for a rainy day.

Cool, kind of what I figured, just need to find those pics and threads.

Hopefully INNO keeps up the alternative offerings we have been getting.

Thanks for all the help. It's meant a world to my city. I'm gonna start tracking all the numbers on my main to see if IT is right yet and to see what my output and inputs are during questing, etc....

DeletedUser29726

Details for setting up an iron age world for massive amounts of quests:
1) You need a chateau - if you're not planning to get one, just move on to HMA and do your 24 hr loops.
2) Your initial loops (pre-chateau) are best off done using the tavern 60% supply boost and supply buildings on 15 minute or 1 hr cycles as much of the day as you can stand - do 8 hour overnight. Use "Collect 6000 Supplies" and "Collect 6000 Coins" as your main quests. If you're committed to the idea, a couple tailors (premium supply) will last a long while before you no longer need them - it looks like you'll have a chance to win them in the upcoming fall event. If you're attached to keeping things on 24 hr cycle either because you're sane or because you don't have that much screen time on the particular day, a motivated tailor under 60% tavern boost and enthusiastic is > 6000 supplies (1 tailor = 1 quest a day plus the supplies for 3 unbirthdays - you'll find yourself primarily limited by coins early on possibly but can always guild hop with a collect 6k coins quest and dole out 120 aid visits).
3) When able you should definitely build a lighthouse and get a few levels in it - once you have a chateau up to 10 your coins will be fine and it'll be milking enough supplies that becomes the challenge. You could also aim for a dynamic tower instead of the tailors + lighthouse route depending on how aggressive you want to be but you'll need the supplies before you get to that point.
4) Watch the hood - there'll be a lot of Oracle of Delphis floating around and being self-levelled. Help em out and build up your FP stock while completing additional quests.
5) Once you have the Chateau at 10 you should notice things taking off. A non-ub quest will almost pay for an unbirthday quest (each quest will average 900 coins and 900 supplies rewarded at this point, which puts ubq's net cost at only 1100 coins and 1100 supplies already).
6) Obviously the Arc meshes in well as well - it should come after Chateau 10 though.

That's the basics - the rest is just deciding what you were busying setting up this chateau engine to accomplish :)

Edit: Additional 'is it worth it' questions:
Babel - eventually it will be - it can provide enough population that you won't need houses - not a must have though
Temple of Relics - if you do expedition, which you may as well because you'll be making plenty of goods to negotiate with - trade down to get the BA ones. don't bother levelling it too far though, you don't need the jades (not that much space for extra terrace farms - you'll win enough from the end of difficulty 4).
Zeus/Aachen/CdM/Traz - not for the purpose of setting shit up - but possibly as a goal on their own (to fight expedition, or because they're what you want in later ages). Zeus and CdM I could see doing because you have a pause in the action where you want something to level. Aachen and Traz should be considered a waste of space until everything's going along swimmingly and you're asking yourself what on earth you'd need space for.
Hagia/Cape - not until after you reach arctopia. Before long you'll probably have enough happiness from event winnings, and hagia is freaking huge. Cape is just another set of goods you'd have to buy and isn't worth the effort until you can powerlevel it well.

DeletedUser35894

Details for setting up an iron age world for massive amounts of quests:
1) You need a chateau - if you're not planning to get one, just move on to HMA and do your 24 hr loops.
2) Your initial loops (pre-chateau) are best off done using the tavern 60% supply boost and supply buildings on 15 minute or 1 hr cycles as much of the day as you can stand - do 8 hour overnight. Use "Collect 6000 Supplies" and "Collect 6000 Coins" as your main quests. If you're committed to the idea, a couple tailors (premium supply) will last a long while before you no longer need them - it looks like you'll have a chance to win them in the upcoming fall event. If you're attached to keeping things on 24 hr cycle either because you're sane or because you don't have that much screen time on the particular day, a motivated tailor under 60% tavern boost and enthusiastic is > 6000 supplies (1 tailor = 1 quest a day plus the supplies for 3 unbirthdays - you'll find yourself primarily limited by coins early on possibly but can always guild hop with a collect 6k coins quest and dole out 120 aid visits).
3) When able you should definitely build a lighthouse and get a few levels in it - once you have a chateau up to 10 your coins will be fine and it'll be milking enough supplies that becomes the challenge. You could also aim for a dynamic tower instead of the tailors + lighthouse route depending on how aggressive you want to be but you'll need the supplies before you get to that point.
4) Watch the hood - there'll be a lot of Oracle of Delphis floating around and being self-levelled. Help em out and build up your FP stock while completing additional quests.
5) Once you have the Chateau at 10 you should notice things taking off. A non-ub quest will almost pay for an unbirthday quest (each quest will average 900 coins and 900 supplies rewarded at this point, which puts ubq's net cost at only 1100 coins and 1100 supplies already).
6) Obviously the Arc meshes in well as well - it should come after Chateau 10 though.

That's the basics - the rest is just deciding what you were busying setting up this chateau engine to accomplish :)

Edit: Additional 'is it worth it' questions:
Babel - eventually it will be - it can provide enough population that you won't need houses - not a must have though
Temple of Relics - if you do expedition, which you may as well because you'll be making plenty of goods to negotiate with - trade down to get the BA ones. don't bother levelling it too far though, you don't need the jades (not that much space for extra terrace farms - you'll win enough from the end of difficulty 4).
Zeus/Aachen/CdM/Traz - not for the purpose of setting shit up - but possibly as a goal on their own (to fight expedition, or because they're what you want in later ages). Zeus and CdM I could see doing because you have a pause in the action where you want something to level. Aachen and Traz should be considered a waste of space until everything's going along swimmingly and you're asking yourself what on earth you'd need space for.
Hagia/Cape - not until after you reach arctopia. Before long you'll probably have enough happiness from event winnings, and hagia is freaking huge. Cape is just another set of goods you'd have to buy and isn't worth the effort until you can powerlevel it well.

This is amazing! Thanks so much.

I'm going to have to go over it later...it's really late/early here.

One question though. The story quest is now asking me to scout about Maktaba, which from what I can see is out of IA. There's one more IA sector to the right for the last expansion, but it's not asking for that. Since it's now asking for out of IA and not about tech unlocking does this mean I went too far on tech? Had I known hitting up a couple more story quests wasn't going to bring me back to the tech Tree I would have just ignored them completely.

Here I was not going too far on the C map like a good boy and not realizing I couldn't go too far in the tech tree either.

Also, when everyone says you have to leave tech undone in an age are they referring to because of the event quests and leaving some open for it? I don't get that to be honest, because it's not like you can leave much undone in an age if you are camping so if an event did ask for it, that would be it, just one or two things undone or whatever, not enough for months and months of camping anyhow.

DeletedUser29726

This is amazing! Thanks so much.

I'm going to have to go over it later...it's really late/early here.

One question though. The story quest is now asking me to scout about Maktaba, which from what I can see is out of IA. There's one more IA sector to the right for the last expansion, but it's not asking for that. Since it's now asking for out of IA and not about tech unlocking does this mean I went too far on tech? Had I known hitting up a couple more story quests wasn't going to bring me back to the tech Tree I would have just ignored them completely.

Here I was not going too far on the C map like a good boy and not realizing I couldn't go too far in the tech tree either.

Also, when everyone says you have to leave tech undone in an age are they referring to because of the event quests and leaving some open for it? I don't get that to be honest, because it's not like you can leave much undone in an age if you are camping so if an event did ask for it, that would be it, just one or two things undone or whatever, not enough for months and months of camping anyhow.

Being ahead on the map/story isn't a bad thing in iron age. There's no sidequest slots to lose until the industrial map at least. The story will never ask you to complete that side province with the expansion. You can easily get into the HMA story before hitting a block. Mapwise with my boost (124/90) I actually fought a good portion of the LMA map for expansions using ballistas + rogues despite having saved up the goods to negotiate it as I assumed I would need to.

Yes leaving some techs unresearched is a good thing - in iron age there isn't a whole lot that you need to rush for so you can camp while still having most of the age left to research. There may be events you care about completing and you don't want to be kicked out after all the setup work. There's honestly not a single tech I'd outline as mandatory but for the least work taking cottages+butchers makes sense - which still leaves 12 iron age techs + 1 skipped bronze age tech (growing) saved for events deemed worthy of using one up. This can easily last you for years as most events won't be worthy - you can either partially complete them and get enough rewards for your relatively small city or the reward for them will not be that great - or occasionally they won't even require a tech.

As for map territories for events, some of the EMA provinces can be skipped, and the entire barbarian questline is not a rush to complete and can be used for that purpose as well.

Edit: one more thing that just came to mind, Oracle is itself not bad in iron age - I'm not sure how far I'd take it but if it somehow found its way to level 10 (seems like a bit much FP) it'd cover most of your happy and produce a supply collection quest's worth. Its competition for happiness providers before you get things like tholos and spring sets and all that jazz would be expedition decos @ 460/4 = 115 per square polished. It takes level 8 to accomplish that but with the other benefit I could see keeping it around level 4 or 5 even.

DeletedUser35894

Being ahead on the map/story isn't a bad thing in iron age. There's no sidequest slots to lose until the industrial map at least. The story will never ask you to complete that side province with the expansion. You can easily get into the HMA story before hitting a block. Mapwise with my boost (124/90) I actually fought a good portion of the LMA map for expansions using ballistas + rogues despite having saved up the goods to negotiate it as I assumed I would need to.

Yes leaving some techs unresearched is a good thing - in iron age there isn't a whole lot that you need to rush for so you can camp while still having most of the age left to research. There may be events you care about completing and you don't want to be kicked out after all the setup work. There's honestly not a single tech I'd outline as mandatory but for the least work taking cottages+butchers makes sense - which still leaves 12 iron age techs + 1 skipped bronze age tech (growing) saved for events deemed worthy of using one up. This can easily last you for years as most events won't be worthy - you can either partially complete them and get enough rewards for your relatively small city or the reward for them will not be that great - or occasionally they won't even require a tech.

As for map territories for events, some of the EMA provinces can be skipped, and the entire barbarian questline is not a rush to complete and can be used for that purpose as well.

Edit: one more thing that just came to mind, Oracle is itself not bad in iron age - I'm not sure how far I'd take it but if it somehow found its way to level 10 (seems like a bit much FP) it'd cover most of your happy and produce a supply collection quest's worth. Its competition for happiness providers before you get things like tholos and spring sets and all that jazz would be expedition decos @ 460/4 = 115 per square polished. It takes level 8 to accomplish that but with the other benefit I could see keeping it around level 4 or 5 even.

Looks like the Fall Event, at least as listed now, is now requiring acquiring a sector, with no alternative to complete. Unfortunately the idea of Events not requiring Map and maybe Tech may be going by the wayside.

I still need to go over your past post and this one more thoroughly, hard to keep up with RL and all, but maybe I'm just dense, but I didn't see a whole lot of opportunity to leave a lot unlocked, especially if I'm supposed to let hit the map and let it tell me what to unlock and then use "research 2". I seemed to need to at least unlock Chalet's, Butchers and two goods. The ones that dead end allow you to leave them unlocked are expansions, which seemed very needed, but maybe I needed to be more patient and wait for medals.

Thankfully in this world it's not as critical as it's a second account, was going to be a Diamond Farm mostly, but looks like I might not be able to keep it in IA.

In my main I have all of HMA tech done and am getting a bit far into the Map. It's just a bit nerve-wracking when an event comes up and having to find the info in advance as to what's going to be safe or not to unlock. I don't want to move that one out of HMA and that could mean missing out on a lot of events perhaps. If I move to LMA, then I have to either tech rush LMA or go slow and get the two recurring quests and camp a bit, maybe try and get a champ retreat locked to that Age and then go to CA, which I would want to get right to Gambrel houses and 3x2 production buildings without screwing things up and still leaving tech open. Pretty hard to do an get all the important military.

I guess having to worry about things being forced upon your play style is not very fun and all a bit much to manage while trying to play what is a game that's supposed to be enjoyable. The event buildings seem more and more important lately and really also the only way to get a lot of SOK's at the very least.

Imagine all the people not so inclined to spend so much time researching forums and such and just trying to play and end up screwing up their game. Doesn't seem very fun.

Sorry to be a downer, was just all excited to finally be getting an Arc up in a matter of days and taking the time to start up a second city and ending up a bit overwhelmed and not being sure how much more time to dedicate to this game after already having a lot of time invested.

DeletedUser29726

I still need to go over your past post and this one more thoroughly, hard to keep up with RL and all, but maybe I'm just dense, but I didn't see a whole lot of opportunity to leave a lot unlocked, especially if I'm supposed to let hit the map and let it tell me what to unlock and then use "research 2". I seemed to need to at least unlock Chalet's, Butchers and two goods. The ones that dead end allow you to leave them unlocked are expansions, which seemed very needed, but maybe I needed to be more patient and wait for medals.

Nothing to do with dead ends if you're camping in iron age - you just don't actually need many of the techs. You'll need them before you leave iron age - but most of your city while camping is event buildings. And you can do stuff ahead of you when it comes to map stuff - worst comes to worst you need to hunt someone down who will cut a deal with you to get some goods ahead of your age

Thankfully in this world it's not as critical as it's a second account, was going to be a Diamond Farm mostly, but looks like I might not be able to keep it in IA.

You don't have to - as i mentioned in other threads if the goal is to be a diamond farm any age up to PE is almost equal - you don't want to spend a lot of time on diamond farms anyways to worry about questing strategies. Just pack the wells in and maybe do expedition if you can come up with enough goods throughput. Camping Iron Age for quests is a time heavy strategy either in an intensive manner or drawn out. It's not needed for diamond mining.

In my main I have all of HMA tech done and am getting a bit far into the Map. It's just a bit nerve-wracking when an event comes up and having to find the info in advance as to what's going to be safe or not to unlock. I don't want to move that one out of HMA and that could mean missing out on a lot of events perhaps. If I move to LMA, then I have to either tech rush LMA or go slow and get the two recurring quests and camp a bit, maybe try and get a champ retreat locked to that Age and then go to CA, which I would want to get right to Gambrel houses and 3x2 production buildings without screwing things up and still leaving tech open. Pretty hard to do an get all the important military.

I guess having to worry about things being forced upon your play style is not very fun and all a bit much to manage while trying to play what is a game that's supposed to be enjoyable. The event buildings seem more and more important lately and really also the only way to get a lot of SOK's at the very least.

Imagine all the people not so inclined to spend so much time researching forums and such and just trying to play and end up screwing up their game. Doesn't seem very fun.

Camping is not the natural playstyle. It sometimes involves sacrifices or decisions to give up and move on. It does not 'screw up your game' in general to advance. There are advantages to camping in spots, but there are a lot more advantages to advancing ultimately - you'll have a lot more space and you'll be making more valuable goods - it's just you do have to find some place to level your buildings to the extent you want and some people target specific ages for that that have perks they like - if someone decides when they're in the industrial age they now want to do the arc journey because they just discovered how powerful it is they can do so just fine despite having left HMA.

That said, when you are going to camp an age for some reason, the first question you should ask is 'what do I actually need from this age's tech tree to build my city?' - avoid going further than taking that stuff without a really strong reason (story doesn't count usually - exceptions : LMA and unlocking the second recurring slot, ages where you can get advanced troops from far into the story that you plan to use) and you can do many many events without getting faced with the decision to move on or skip an event. In the case of HMA if I was going to camp it a long while I'd probably only take alchemists through to townhouses and the middle branch with the goods and the expansions.

Mostly you're overthinking it all - play the game and have fun first and foremost. Any strategic decisions must service that goal above all. You can recover from the consequences one way or another whatever you do.

Edit: To add to this, part of what made people used to care so much about bulk questing strategies in low ages was that FP were *hard* to increase production of - getting an extra 20 a day ontop of the 24 a day generation and whatever SoKs you had managed to win (most events were stingier) was a pretty big deal. Since then though we've had tavern added, expedition added, daily challenge added and the baseline kinda shifted up to 40-50 a day or so. Plus extras from all the terrace farms and SSWs you could win from expedition even if you didn't whale on events giving you hundreds of FP a day. Moving to an age with less quests was always something you could recover from, now it's not really a thing you need to worry about - just make do as best you can with your new age or make a plan to get to the next one you think you might like.

DeletedUser36617

Update: 217 days into this world, I have finally hit Contemporary Era. It took me a month to get from LMA (where I was when I hit Arc 80) to CE. I've already sold 5 IT sets for over 4k FP total, as they were willing to pay before I hit CE just to be the first to get the goods (gotta love a new world). I've been able to keep up the pace of about 1k goods produced a day from quests despite only a level 16 CF at this point (do the math, it is a lot of spend FP quests). Next up is pushing that CF up so I can UBQ continuously to further crank up my goods production, as well as getting my military GBs up to par so I can fight all of GE and not waste any of these precious goods on negotiations. At a rate of 1k CE goods a day, selling 2:1, I am making 500 FP a day from quests alone (ignoring the 5 FP packs). If I had chosen to focus CF or another GB before pushing in age, there is no possible way I could have added 500 FP/day income to my city in a month.
What kind of buildings do You use for supplies?

I'd love to see You city layout

I was already in CE when I found this guide, so I'm a bit sorry to have rushed here

DeletedUser31308

What kind of buildings do You use for supplies?

I'd love to see You city layout

I was already in CE when I found this guide, so I'm a bit sorry to have rushed here
Chateau Frontenac. Indeed, I have 0 supply buildings that produce supplies regularly. Only terrace farms and event multi-productions that produce FPs. It is not too late to use this guide, but I don't have good advice - from experience - on what do for supplies in CE if you haven't gotten a high level Arc and use it for spend FP quests. I'd still say producing FPs is more important to you now than producing supplies, and using those FP to focus on raising your Arc to 80 is your optimum path forward.

DeletedUser35506

I have just seen this guide and currently am in Colonial Age, but have all technologies researched and a few bonus sectors in InA and ProA sector unlocked. I understand that I won't be able to do special or season events if I want to keep in CA until all my GBs are at least lvl 10 and ARC is at least lvl 20 considering that it now is at 6. Is it worth moving to InA era when in CA I have all troops, finishing GE level 4, great income of gold and 5 times less income of supplies than gold meaning that I am doing UBQ quests around 5-10 a day, but would have to start from scratch in InA and have very limited FPs around 40 a day. What do you think the best strategy would be for me to improve my city's expansion and take part in GvG, GE and in general to increase ranking points at faster rate? My cities map is https://ibb.co/dDeXgL

I have LoA at lvl 1 (currently building), TA at 1, Inno at 6, CdM at 7, ARC at 6, CoA at 6, Obs - 2, SMB -7, AO - 5, Kraken - 5, Traz - 6, RFP - 4, SV - 3, DT - 4, Chateau - 2, ToR - 3, Cape - 4

P.S. I was super lucky to acquire a lot of special supplies building from last event as can be seen from my city's url.
P.P.S. I want to stay in this world as much as I can so any suggestions are very welcome

DeletedUser31308

I have just seen this guide and currently am in Colonial Age, but have all technologies researched and a few bonus sectors in InA and ProA sector unlocked. I understand that I won't be able to do special or season events if I want to keep in CA until all my GBs are at least lvl 10 and ARC is at least lvl 20 considering that it now is at 6. Is it worth moving to InA era when in CA I have all troops, finishing GE level 4, great income of gold and 5 times less income of supplies than gold meaning that I am doing UBQ quests around 5-10 a day, but would have to start from scratch in InA and have very limited FPs around 40 a day. What do you think the best strategy would be for me to improve my city's expansion and take part in GvG, GE and in general to increase ranking points at faster rate? My cities map is https://ibb.co/dDeXgL

I have LoA at lvl 1 (currently building), TA at 1, Inno at 6, CdM at 7, ARC at 6, CoA at 6, Obs - 2, SMB -7, AO - 5, Kraken - 5, Traz - 6, RFP - 4, SV - 3, DT - 4, Chateau - 2, ToR - 3, Cape - 4

P.S. I was super lucky to acquire a lot of special supplies building from last event as can be seen from my city's url.
P.P.S. I want to stay in this world as much as I can so any suggestions are very welcome
I would stay in CA for now. Recently, we've had several events that didn't require pushing the map or researching tech, so it's less of an issue. That used to never happen. You can do way more quests in CA than you will in IndA, and it's time to get your CF up to at least lvl 5 (or up to level 10) then rocket your Arc. Level 80 Arc + even a lvl 10 CF will provide you with as many quests as you can manage. At that point, it becomes easy to move up in Age since you can immediately produce all 5 current age goods upon entering a new age without even needing to build buildings of that era/age.