• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Easter Event Feedback

DeletedUser10415

Anyone who caves to a diamond sale while this event is running is giving their endorsement of the event. That's not how the buyer may see it, but you can be sure that's how Inno will.

DeletedUser

The bonus quests dont seem to be appearing anywhere, and its a giant mystery so far what exactly causes an egg to spawn in trees, or why some peoples egg is 3 and others are getting one. This is gonna create a lot of inflated frustration that could have been avoided with a couple sentences of explanation.

As for the event itself, I really dislike it compared to last years. The activity itself isn't as fun, and honestly, I am feeling event burnout. Its too many too close together, and its the exact same quests for each one, inevitably leaving me starting at the damn continent map looking at how I have to complete a province to scout a province only to complete a province again, but some of it I will have to negotiate. GvG is pretty much the only reason I play anymore.

DeletedUser11463

Score! I was waiting for someone to complain about the closeness of the events.. Yeah thank you awcrapilost! I even liked your comment. Yeah the Shrine of Irrelevance is not something I look forward to but reno kits are still in the mix along with watchfires and a few other odds and ends. Personally, I prefer not having people plant eggs and not having to determine who to give eggs to without p/o'ing the people you ignored. On a 1-10 scale I'd give it a 6.

DeletedUser10789

Wow Jaelis, you are such a company man and keeping in step to what they wish you to say. BUT, lets be real now.
How about the poor people who were not able to collect from their Town Hall and get those whopping 15 eggs today.?
Just like above, with Traxxed, who was not able to collect those whopping 15 extra eggs. They are left with 62 eggs and their chances are HOPING on a 7% chance to get a PRIZE OR FORCED to BUY EGGS. Like I had stated in this thread before.

Now, 7% chance means, you are 93% AGAINST YOU to get that daily prize. Even if you go for the Silver Chest, you have a 13% chance or 87% chance against you. WOW, those are some odds against you, but you are right it's a great event. Note the sarcasm in my voice there. FYI, this post is "feedback" as called on and asked for by the Forum Administrator, so because I disagree does not mean I am in any violations of the TOS here.

Additionally, WHY would anyone want to buy diamonds to support such a horrid event. There are 54 pages of feedback on the Beta Forums and numerous here too. "The game" and INNO had the chance to change this event, make it more friendly to all, yet they decided not to listen to those 54 pages and go with what they wanted too. So, to blame those now for saying ahead of time changes need to be made and "the game" does not listen, how do you think the players feel.? Many players, like myself, took a lot of time to play the beta server and make proper suggestions. I am NOT sorry that a company and "the game" is so arrogant and backwards thinking that any of what they are forcing us to deal with is acceptable at all. You are correct, I can choose NOT to play this event or this game at all, that is my right. It is also my RIGHT to voice my comments, as being asked for, here on this "feedback" thread. I also understand you do not have the proper answers and you are on a need to know basis and for that I am sorry you are stuck in the middle. This is NOT a personal attack on you at all, it is all about the numerous errors this game continues to make over and over. Again, why bother asking for "feedback" when a company does not listen.? It is insulting to me and my intelligence that any company would ask me my opinion then do what they want anyway. There is no reason for any "feedback" threads, as "the game" and INNO will not listen anyway.

I would love to see the numbers on this poor excuse for an event. For the record, I enjoyed the Christmas event and I SPENT REAL MONEY on getting things I wanted. You see, there is the difference, I spent money to get things I wanted. This event has nearly NOTHING I would want. A Shrine of Uselessness, Frustration, Desperation and so many more to add there. 1 Blue Print every other day, what a joke. For a 3x3 space, I might add.

Now about a Diamond Sale, let me tell those who want to know how this will really work. Here is the real skinny from a Corporate Executive how that will work. So, today, the event starts. Tomorrow, the sales and marketing team will run the rough numbers and see how sales were for yesterday (or today that is). The will put out a sales report with details on it, showing what servers spent money, how much and so on. The lack of eggs is just an enticement to get people to spend money to GAMBLE on a 7% or a 13% chance. Last I knew ONLINE GAMBLING was illegal here in the USA. Moving on. So, management will get an e-mail from the Sales and Marketing Director on a daily report. This will happen over a test period, usually 3 days, BUT they like to wait for a weekend, when a majority of players will be online. So, each day Management will sit there and analyze the performance (they like to call it) of this event. Then Management will look at last years numbers and wonder, if they are on target (track) or off their GOALS, (is what they will call it). After your 3 days, Management will determine if they need to boost revenue (sales), then you might see a diamond sale to sucker you into purchasing diamonds to buy eggs. I would think two different items, 1. being a shorter event, the 3 days is viable BUT 2. they may wait until after the weekend to see how the sales go over the weekend.

Now to push the envelope, they could do this another way, they could offer the daily prize, one they know from the past is very coveted, like a Shrine of Knowledge or a Rogue Hideout and place that item as the Daily Prize over the weekend, this way, PUSHING players who many really want these items to PAY UP and purchase diamonds in order to purchase eggs. This is all normal business and any Sales and Marketing person should be very aware of these tactics. Knowing INNO and "the game" anything is possible.

I will say this, the faster you see a Diamond Sale, is more of a sign that the revenue they are receiving is lacking and they need to boost it but trying to trick you into thinking you are getting a deal with a Diamond Sale. In my humble opinion, I would suspect that "the game" and INNO will NOT give you a sale until after the weekend and they had a chance to truly compare numbers from last year. But again, these are my opinions and my "FEEDBACK' for this event.

I still believe this game is a good and fun game, despite the insults "the game" and INNO has shown towards higher levels and players who have voiced their opinions and the lack of real positive changes that SHOULD HAAVE BEEN MADE. FOR NOW, this event is HORRIBLE.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser6021

I was thinking you were able to chose to just out right get the item of the day in previous years, which was great. Also another downgrade of this years event from previous years. I wish they had just left it be... I was looking forward to it, and am left horribly disappointed. If they were gonna make it harder to get eggs as well as harder to get the "prizes" you actually want then they should have made it cheaper to open the chest...At least half the cost if not more of what they are.

DeletedUser13452

Surely over 2 days it is likely to be motivated eventually?
Many people are complaining that it is not getting that motivation. However, one should consider on beta, there is much less m/p going on.
I too, feel a buff is in order in this building(SoI). I was thinking that one might be able to select a specific BP from a desired GB of current age or lower. The print would still be random for that GB, but it would be the GB that you want. This still doesn't make the SoI a tremendous prize, but, it would be worthwhile to some?

DeletedUser9184

Many people are complaining that it is not getting that motivation. However, one should consider on beta, there is much less m/p going on.
I too, feel a buff is in order in this building(SoI). I was thinking that one might be able to select a specific BP from a desired GB of current age or lower. The print would still be random for that GB, but it would be the GB that you want. This still doesn't make the SoI a tremendous prize, but, it would be worthwhile to some?
On beta, we just received an update giving the Shrine of Inspiration the same priority as the other shrines.

DeletedUser22214

With the tenor of the comments. Inno should be asking themselves. Does anyone like the event?

DeletedUser

You ruined what was a really fun event and turned into just another boring questline snorefest. It was FUN hiding and collecting eggs in the hopes of 50 and 25, it was FUN socializing with people more than usual, and it was FUN knowing you were going to get some good prizes that you actually want and would thus save up for. Now its the same old boring quests on a timer so there is no incentive to log on more than once a day. I dislike every change you made to this event...everything. That's the best feedback I can give because nothing is better than last years. A true failure here Inno.

DeletedUser15920

So, this is even worse than advertised. First, I got screwed by the town hall thing. Then, the blue arrow is a gigantic eye sore. The "big" prize would only be worthwhile maybe as a 2x2, not a 3x3 (seriously, how many of these will be built across all worlds?). Basically, I'm left to save up whatever eggs I do get for the small chance I get an item or two that may be useful. I love the events in general as it breaks up the tedium of regular game play, but I do like to at least get something cool out of it.

DeletedUser10789

Please read my post above, there is a method to their madness. They want everyone to spend their diamonds to get something of little to no value.
It is sad and shame, "feedback" by definition is to express one's opinion on something currently being asked about. Therefore, any and all speaking of this event is therefore, deemed, "feedback" and relevant to this thread and as such, NO comments contained herewithin are a breech of any and all rules and TOS/TOA (Terms of Service/Terms of Agreement).

"Feedback", "the game" and INNO was told well in advance how players thought of this event and some (cough cough) even stated what would happen if this event went forth to the live servers, here. "The game" and INNO was warned of the failed event and they did nothing to change it around. There were some great ideas on Beta on how to make it better, but "the game" and INNO wanted to do it their way. Now you see the damage. INNO it is time to call your damage control department (Customer Service) and ask them how do we make this better. Simple, hire people with vision and know what words mean. "Inspiration" by definition is to inspire someone to attain a goal or something they want. This Shrine lacks all of that, just saying.

Steve - LordStevie

DeletedUser15969

I do not post often but I have to express how much disappointment this Easter event is!

[But before I say anything : INNO please TURN OFF THAT BLUE ARROW!!!!!! PLEASE ]

I play this game for about 2 year now. I started at the end of 2014 Easter Event. I remember everybody loved the event and it was considered as great one. So naturally I was highly anticipating it in 2015. And just as expected was a great event although personally I felt drained by the end of it. This was in part my fault as I had 9 towns at that time. I had both positive and negative experiences with it but the positive outweighed the negative.

From the perspective of two of my towns – 1 that I am most advanced (FE era now) and 1 that I just opened around 2015 Easter event I can say this:
1. the hiding the egg made the guilds vibrant and super active. What more it gave opportunity to collaborate. In my advanced town we had “egg” groups and we purposefully mixed up different era players so we had more interaction within the guild. On an another world my new town was accepted to a guild which would otherwise let me wait few months to get a more developed plot. But I was bringing eggs to hide :).
2. the hiding eggs also worked as a reward for active and helpful players. Those who were active daily naturally received and gave more eggs. And those who helped others where more likely be egged :). I even used it to reward those who put up observatories.
3. it also helped to spend all the eggs – on beta this year I hade 38 eggs left and I could not spend them. Previously I could have asked someone to drop some eggs on my plot and spend all of them.
4. having fixed and random prizes was great!!!! Actually the cornucopia was a great prize for beginners town, so were the Observatory BPs. Easter was the best event to get Observatory BPs. The other fixed prizes were just as great for advanced players – watch fire, reno kit and wishing well – they were well worth to save eggs for and even spend diamonds on them.

I do agree there were also problems with the 2015’s Event. Mostly as the egg hiding replaced the Mot/Polish function and that the eggs could be hidden only on decos. With introduction the Aid button close before the event players experienced serious shortage of Aid on their main buildings, often needed to ask for polishes and in general the collected amount of supplies and coins decreased. The other problem was the short, 6hr time to fill the egg bar which meant 4 collection a day – that many found tiresome. BUT INNO just needed to do 2 simple changes: 1/ make hiding eggs count as Aid so the eggs could be hidden on any building and 2/ have a 12 hr collection cycle.

Now this year format changed and we got an Easter Event for dummies version. The fun was killed from it – it became just another boring individual event that does not require team work. Please do not get me wrong, it is great to get free gift just that we know it can be better. I saw that INNO thought it was the least popular event and that was confusing for new players. I do not think so – in my experience many liked it – and as for new players the old version was much more beneficial then the current one.

INNO really is forgetting about their long time players. Myself, all I wanted from this event were reno kit, SoK and maybe some watch fires. I do not find most of the prizes in the chests enticing – and I will have only 10% chance to get a reno kit. Moreover the main prize is awful!!! The shrine of inspiration (SoI)... are they kidding me? A 3x3 sized building that one can collect only every 2nd day – less coins then from a SoKs (which is 2x2 and collectable every day) + when motivated I can get a BP. Please, BP are not that hard to get! If one is in a guild and have a full friend list one can Aid over 200 plots. One can get BPs for contributing to others GB and from quests. It might be beneficial for early players but even for them not that much! I wonder if those who came up with idea ever played the game!
If it is true that I can get a SoK only if I get this SoI then it is really irritating. At least let the players choose which main prize they want. For sure I do not want SoI, SoA and not even a wishing well in my main towns!

I have to ask from INNO why I am neglected – is that because I am playing this for 2 years? INNO, do you care for their veteran players at all? VERY DISAPPOINTING!!

DeletedUser13942

Okay one more time without the Caps. Please turn off the blue arrow........

Although it is almost hypnotizing: You're getting very sleepy.....very sleepy.....log out....go to bed

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24774

I'm trying to keep an open mind at this point, but yes, please, turn off the horrible blue arrow.

DeletedUser8420

Well in my one city I have found 5 eggs hidden and 3 of them had 3 eggs in each one. in my other city I got only 3 eggs each one had 1 egg... So not sure how many we are suppose to get in the wild lands.