• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Egg me?

DeletedUser2145

Oh the rewards are well worth it, trust me. Unlike the happiness and similar bonuses the special event rewards have given us so far, we get to obtain special troops and a building that can produce diamonds (where can =/= will; so far in a month's time I only got diamonds one time over at beta) among the other things. :D

*Arturis*

How does rogue unit work? the description in the video is not very clear of its function. With a defend of 1 it is an easy kill for the long range unit. How much does it cost to build one rogue unit?

DeletedUser2145

The Rogue has 100 attack, 1 defense, 1 range, 14 movement. However, it ignores the first damage and instead takes up the stats from one of your other units on the battlefield (randomly, you don't choose which one). If you have no other alive units, it'll die instead.

There is no cost to produce these units, but you will need eggs in order to "open" the slots (well that, or diamonds if you have them). The building is 2x3 in size.

While initially this might look like a "weak" unit, it's really powerful when used wisely. With such a huge attack it can even kill units with one strike, or easily finish off a hurt one. On the other hand, in defense, you basically get units that ignore the first damage inflicted on them. Hard to use, but very powerful.

*Arturis*

In the video on first page, the cost for wishing well and rogue hide out doesn't match, from the window they cost 400/500 eggs but when you click on it, the description window say it only cost 85 eggs, so which one is the real cost. 400/500 is making more sense. So you have 24 eggs per day to hide in in 24 cities of your guild/friend/neighbor deco, if the event go for 20 day you will get about 600 eggs. Better use it wisely. I guess you need to divide the people you can M/P into 3 group and do it every 6 hours, if you do M/P all at once within the 24 hours period, you will have no other people to lay your eggs in. And don't sleep for more than 6 hours lol. Very bad for your health this game has become.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The Rogue has 100 attack, 1 defense, 1 range, 14 movement. However, it ignores the first damage and instead takes up the stats from one of your other units on the battlefield (randomly, you don't choose which one). If you have no other alive units, it'll die instead.

While initially this might look like a "weak" unit, it's really powerful when used wisely. With such a huge attack it can even kill units with one strike, or easily finish off a hurt one. On the other hand, in defense, you basically get units that ignore the first damage inflicted on them. Hard to use, but very powerful.

I'm not sure how anyone could think this is a weak unit. 100 attack appears to be enough to literally 1 shot any unit in the game which is good enough for me but throw on the ability for it to transform into any unit you have without taking damage hooooly cow. What the heck were/are? they thinking?

Also.... does anyone know what age the rogue unit counts as? It could do some really weird things for PvP tourneys. And what is the retrain time?

Last edited by a moderator:

*Arturis*

I'm not sure how anyone could think this is a weak unit. 100 attack appears to be enough to literally 1 shot any unit in the game which is good enough for me but throw on the ability for it to transform into any unit you have without taking damage hooooly cow. What the heck were/are? they thinking?

Also.... does anyone know what age the rogue unit counts as? It could do some really weird things for PvP tourneys. And what is the retrain time?
Remember the rogue unit is a melee one with 1 range so it has to be close up to cause any damage. You can defeat it by using your range to hit it first so it will transform to some known unit and you can deal with it from there.

DeletedUser2145

You don't get the exact same number of eggs you hide - there are quests that ask for you to hide eggs, giving double eggs of what you hide. They start off easy - 1, 6, 12, but slowly the number raises and they stop after a while. The final quests ask for you to buy EACH of the rewards at least once and rewads you 250 eggs in exchange. The eggs you collect in your own city however, give you a random number of eggs (1, 5, 20, 50, dunno all the numbers) so if you're lucky you can get more eggs from a lower number of collections.

Regarding the rogue - as LacLong said, they're easy to kill off with both long range and short range. Plus, they can't kill most units in one turn (remember that units in upper ages are more powerful, especially if they have GB boosts), so they would turn to another unit after they use their first hit. Then, if the rest of your army was just long range, you'd get long range units next to the enemy's units. Not so good, right? Even if your army is a mix of more units, it could turn to the unit you least need and is easiest to be killed by the enemy's troops.

As I said, very powerful unit, but it requires both strategy and luck to use it wisely.

DeletedUser2988

The diamond option for the watchfires was removed. At first it was allowed to buy them with diamonds, but then they were turned to a egg-only future. And although they're 1x1, I can tell you that they do take up a lot of space. I got 10 over at beta (with eggs, no diamonds) which give me a +40% defense boot, but anyone with a Zeus or an Aachen or otherwise can get a bigger boost in both attack and defense and still smash my army.

Eggs can't be plundered, and BPs can be generated out of placing them in the decorations. I'd tell your guildmates to put decorations that aren't obelisks and trees. :)

So the age of the decoration will affect how many eggs are given?

DeletedUser2145

Nope, the age doesn't affect the number at all, it's purely random. You could have obelisks and trees and still get 50 eggs if you're lucky.

I hadn't gotten anything beyond 1 and 5 for a while, and had asked the same thing at the beta forum, one of the devs answered saying the age doesn't matter and that the number of collected eggs is random. I'm guessing the changes for 1 are far better than the changes for 50 though.

DeletedUser4074

The rogue is a Bronze Age unit, and has a retrain time of 24h.

DeletedUser2145

Actually, the Rogue doesn't fall into any age, just so they can be used freely in any Tower. A Bronze Age unit would do the same, and initially the Rogue had "Bronze Unit" next to its name, but that was removed to clear the confusion and point out that same thing. There is also no cost for retraining the units from the Rogue Hideout (0 coin, 0 supplies).

DeletedUser2800

Well.
Colour me screwed then!
Aside from the pink tree I have ZERO Decos in my towns....

Now I have to put them up, just for this event.

This blows!
So this event is yet another means to ruin peoples' city-build.

Oh stop overreacting. It isn't going to ruin your city-build, besides everyone knows their city-builds get destroyed and rebuilt evertime they progress into a new age and start upgraing to new buildings. Get over it.
It's very simple to plan ahead and decide where you want to open up some space for decorations when the event goes live. Then once it's over you can delete the decorations and rebuild whatever you had there in the first place. I've already planned ahead for where my decorations will be going as well as where I'm going to put the Wishing Wells an Watch Fires I'll be getting from gathering Easter Eggs.
If you really want to complain about city-builds getting destroyed then take a good hard look at the housing in the new Industrial Age. The new housing is all 3x2. Good luck trying to fit them into your existing neighborhoods where the old houses are all 2x2.

DeletedUser

It's very simple to plan ahead and decide where you want to open up some space for decorations when the event goes live. Then once it's over you can delete the decorations and rebuild whatever you had there in the first place .
You're not good at math, are you?

Decorations are a waste of space. Proper (Game-technical)city-planning has Cultural Buildings to provide the happiness, no decorations.

Just for an example:
The Public Bath(Iron Age) gives 570 Happiness.
To replace it with decorations in the same amount of space while maintaining the same level of happiness that'd require 14 Nautical Statues(LMA) and a Monument(BA) for a grand total of roughly 79000 coins and some 29000 supplies
I can put up 7 Bathtubs, a School and a Tavern for that amount.

Happy bakruptcy...
And wasting more space, if you haven't reached LMA yet...
If you really want to complain about city-builds getting destroyed then take a good hard look at the housing in the new Industrial Age. The new housing is all 3x2. Good luck trying to fit them into your existing neighborhoods where the old houses are all 2x2.
Puh-leaze!....
Now you're comparing apples to cuttlefish...
And aside from that: Just because the Industrial Houses are worse(Which I think is debatable...) doesn't mean deorations arent bad.

DeletedUser

Do we have any idea yet when this event is to begin? Or is that detail the deep dark secret of the year? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

The only "wasted space" is space unused. And after visiting your city, I see you found at least a little bit of truly "wasted space" to put a few flowers in. That's good because with your charm I'm sure all your friends will want to egg the daylights out of you. ;)

DeletedUser2145

Do we have any idea yet when this event is to begin? Or is that detail the deep dark secret of the year? ;)

Hehe the latter. One would hope it's sooner rather than later, but might not be the best idea to put hope in that.

DeletedUser

The only "wasted space" is space unused. And after visiting your city, I see you found at least a little bit of truly "wasted space" to put a few flowers in. That's good because with your charm I'm sure all your friends will want to egg the daylights out of you. ;)
Not so much "found", rather: "bought".
Putting some birthday-money to use in this game, but I think I went a tad overboard on the land-expansions...(Not that those are wasted, but I didn't need them yet.)
Note however, that's diamonds speaking and there are plenty of people playing this game without that particular luxury.

Wait...
Were you talking on Brisgard or on Dunarsund?

DeletedUser2800

- - - Updated - - -

Did you notice that on top of that large empty space he also has 14 buildings (military/goods) that he could easily do without before deleting a cultural, supply, or housing building.
4 Trebuchet Camps
3 Archery Ranges
2 Catapult Camps
2 Great Sword Barracks
1 Longbow Range
2 Talc Cutters

- - - Updated - - -

Wait...
Were you talking on Brisgard or on Dunarsund?

Oh on Dunsarund you can easily make space by temporarily getting rid of one or more of the:
2 Glassblowers
1 Saltworks
3 Archery Ranges
4 Catapult Camps
2 Trebuchet Camps
You have in that city.
And in neither city would deleting any of the buildings I mentioned cause you to go into bankruptcy or negatively impact your Happiness.

DeletedUser

You missed an archery range on Dunarsund....
And since those buildings perform totally different tasks, they can NOT be sacrificed for ornamental space.
Ornaments don't yield coin, supplies, goods or Tower-points(=>medals=>expansions...)

DeletedUser2145

Let's keep the thread on-topic now. Alas the questline is not yet here, I'm sure once it's around people will find the needed space for a few decorations (end of roads are easily replaceable, unless you have all of the connected). :)