• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Event is biased.

Algona

I don't think this word means what you think it means.

No, he is correct, Algona. The game only gives good prizes to people with brown hair, green eyes and whose birthdays are February 14. Didn't you know that? :p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D:D

Actually I did know that. But I did NOT make the post you quoted, although I wish I had. Alessi had the vest post in the thread until Ardak struck.

"It's rigged and biased!"

LMFfAO.

DeletedUser27096

Actually I did know that. But I did NOT make the post you quoted, although I wish I had. Alessi had the vest post in the thread until Ardak struck.

LMFfAO.
Doh! That's what I get for reading and typing while gaming! All those "A" names start to sound alike...Algona, Alessi, Ardak...

Jase249

Yes.
Inno is a business and they need to stay in business.

I absolutely agree with that sentiment. My annoyance is with the fact that they won't allow us to support them. I'm in a new guild on X-world and desperately looking to get one or more HoFs. Because of the six hour window it's easy to miss it (after all, I have to WORK to MAKE money in order to give it to Inno). If they published a schedule of prizes people would be able to plan accordingly.

I'm literally standing here with my money in my hand (metaphorically speaking) trying to give it to them and I can't. It's like going to Best Buy, knowing which TV you want, but they make you guess from 20 blank cardboard boxes. If you guess the wrong one, sorry no sale, you'll have to go spend your money at one of our competitors' stores. Lousy business model

wolfhoundtoo

For one specific item. I'd wager they think they make more money they way it is currently designed........by simply not publishing the schedule. Since they don't know I'd say more people would plan accordingly if they did know.........and not use diamonds. It is a 6 hour window though and I'd suggest the UK servers. They are a 'day' ahead and you can see the next prize there I've been told.

Jase249

For one specific item. I'd wager they think they make more money they way it is currently designed........by simply not publishing the schedule. Since they don't know I'd say more people would plan accordingly if they did know.........and not use diamonds. It is a 6 hour window though and I'd suggest the UK servers. They are a 'day' ahead and you can see the next prize there I've been told.

That's the problem. Someone working a 9-to-5 misses one of those windows entirely (assuming they're not playing the game when they're supposed to be working). If the prize they're looking for is in that window they're SOL. The kicker is that in order for them to pay Inno they first have to work! That's the catch-22 with this setup. The act of acquiring money to give to Inno prevents money from being given to Inno. There are really two possible outcomes to the above scenario:

1. The customer gets angry and simply says, "Fine, Inno won't provide the product, I won't give them money". Result=no money for Inno
2. The customer gets their life's priorities mixed up and skips work to stay home and hope their prize comes up, but in doing so their paycheck dries up. Result=no money for Inno

Either way, a for-profit company's business model is precluding a decent amount of potential revenue from coming in.

To make matters even worse, they had an excellent model. The Winter Event gave about 12 hours notice, then 24 hours where you could try to win something with event currency, then another 24 hours where you could get it with real currency. Still the benefit of unpredictability, but also gave everyone who wanted to spend real currency on in-game items the opportunity to do so. I don't know why they moved away from a successful business model to one with such a glaring logistical problem. I gave them $160 during the Winter Event. I probably won't be giving a dime during this one. I would gladly do so if I had the opportunity, but it looks like that probably won't happen.

Bottom line, the whole point of marketing (especially for a luxury item like a game) is to get your product to the customer's money, and IMO this is not a good way to do it.

DeletedUser15042

Do you also complain that people who work do not get to partake in Brunch? Since they work during those hours? Or how about lunch? Darn businesses must make no money since all the people who work cannot possibly ever eat off the lunch menu!!

DeletedUser26154

Do you also complain that people who work do not get to partake in Brunch?

Proposal
Allow us at work to partake in Brunch.

Current System
No buffet tables or catering available, or even allowed, at work.

Details
Monday: Pasta
Tuesday: Beef
Wednesday: Bar-B-Q
Thursday: Chicken
Friday: Fish
Saturday: Potluck
Sunday: Turkey

Abuse Prevention
Bring your own bottle

Visual Aids

download.jpg

Conclusion
I'm hungry.

Jase249

Do you also complain that people who work do not get to partake in Brunch? Since they work during those hours? Or how about lunch? Darn businesses must make no money since all the people who work cannot possibly ever eat off the lunch menu!!

Different paradigm. Brunch has to be during those hours, otherwise it isn't brunch.

However, let me take your example and run with it. Suppose you own a restaurant, and you have to decide between catering to the brunch crowd and the dinner crowd. Which do you suppose is more profitable (spoiler alert: my brother owns a restaurant.)

Not a big deal to me. To be honest, a month or so from now while I'm out in the garage getting the bikes ready for riding season and inevitably coming upon parts that need to be replaced, I'll probably be thinking "thank God I didn't spend money on that Inno Carnival Event!"

I'm just a contrarian by nature. That's why I find design flaws for a living :)

DeletedUser8420

This is one event I didn't do too badly on...the first4 chests I opened...got channel, villa, and 2 masquerade balls, since then got coins and such but haven't gotten the dreaded 7 roses ....

DeletedUser27096

Yeah, it could be 25% but just as in Vegas, you could get really unlucky and keep hitting the 7 roses while another player might play 7 times and get roses zero out of 7. Inno probably should clarify that the 25% is average amongst all players, such as if 100 players buy the chest, 25 of them will get the roses. To figure out if that probability is accurate, though, we'd have to have someone either buy the chest 100 times and see if they win the roses 25 of the hundred or have 100 players each buy a chest and report back what they won.

Bob the gapper

A bunch of clever retorts. The odds of one 20% (I was in error it is 20%, not 25%) coming up more 'probably' than the other 20% or 25% is unusual. It is by no means a statistical analysis to claim that the system is definitively unbalanced, compared to the claims for the game chance by inno, but it is a datum.

I have a suggestion. Any of you smart alecks who do not find my sample size large enough to point a question, send me $$$ and I'll buy enough roses that I can get a big enough sample size to satisfy your analyses. I volunteer to sacrifice to do this testing. Very generous, eh?

It is just interesting that the booby prize of 7 roses seemed to come up more often than the other prizes of greater or equal probability. Maybe I am just really unlucky, but then there is the possibility...

DeletedUser27808

Its even worse then the soccer tourney. With the low percentages and chance hate the only way to get decent amounts of hearts is buying them with Cash Currency.

Is unjust, biased against those who play the game to play and sickenly greedy.

Make it Fair!
This Carnival Event sucks. Between this and other updates, it's no wonder so many people are quitting this game.

DeletedUser26154

Stop taking the chest.
A bunch of clever retorts.

I feel what I said is pretty true.
You have to get a feel for any game of chance to know how to play it.
To me, the best deals during this event are the medal packs and Champion's Retreat.
Champion's Retreat + Alcatraz + One Up Kits = Many free, unattached Champions for life.
As for medals, medals = expansions = land.
And we all know about land...
Sing it with me.

Give me land!
Give me land!
Because I'm landlocked!

I need land!
Lots of Land!
Because I'm landlocked!

Give me land!
Lots of land!
Give me land, lots of land!
Give me land, lots of land, because I'm landlocked!

You have to see the best deals for any of these events.
Then go for those best deals.
For this event, it's medals and Champion's retreats.
Watchfires aren't too bad, either.
A player is usually better off buying items direct instead of using a random chest.

I've earned three additional medal expansions from this event so far.
It looks like I'll get two more before it's over.
And a Champion's Retreat.

images.jpg

I spend money on these events, figure out what's the best deal and the best way to play, then I win without stepping on other people's toes.

DeletedUser28572

this event is terrible. no real way to win unless you pull out that credit card. im also not impressed with the prizes.

DeletedUser8152

So... last year's Valentine's event was about a dozen random quest rewards and you could win a Tree of Love deco, or upgrade it, or get a single Reno Kit. I haven't been putting a lot of effort into this event, but I feel like I've already gotten a lot more than that. I guess that if people are expecting this to be like the winter or summer event, then it will seem disappointing. But compared to what we've had in the past for Valentine's, I'd say it is quite good.

DeletedUser28569

Well everyone has the same chances of winning FREE stuff.

Yes, the prizes are not as good as some have been.
No, you probably wont get as many as you have in some events.

However, your odds are the same as everyone else, and a 20% chance does not = 1 out of 5. Your odds do not improve with every roll, your 6th roll has the same chance of hitting as your first, or your third.

Every event allows for a diamond player to have an advantage. (This one is not great for that either)
After all Inno wants to make turn a profit.
Without diamond players, there would be no game for the free players to enjoy.