• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Expand Friends List to 100

• Thread starter DeletedUser35473
  • Start date

DeletedUser35473

Things for you to consider :

1. Sometimes remarks are meant sarcastic as in referring to the toxic responders as Inno customer service. I have given Inno many suggestions and they always respond that I have to post them here for consideration.

2. There are hugely too many threads and rules here to make a functional forum particularly so for those of us with severely damaged eyesight or newcomers.

3. Jumping on a newcomer and trolling them just to boast your sad little ego is not helpful to anyone least of all yourselves.

4. Post rude or arrogant replies and you'll probably get a response that hurts your feelings.

5. I do not think I'm king of anything. I have been playing this game since about a month after it appeared so I ought to know a little bit about what experienced players are asking for.

6. I KNOW we only get 80 friend requests. But if 80 people send a friend request and I accept then I have zero friend requests. How is that reasonable? Maybe newbies can manage with this system but it blows for those who have been here awhile. Also if you disagree with my proposal then just say you disagree. You don't need to dis the person making the request.

7. When I said that you shouldn't give rights to post in the wrong places I was speaking to the moderators. "Rights" are a posting level that a moderator assigns to users. If you didn't understand my remark which you clearly didn't then you probably should have left the moderator to respond instead of raising a false issue.

8. To the trolls...nobody who comes here looking for help or to offer an idea cares in the least about your ego problems. Go find a therapy group for that

9. Finally, to the douchebag who told me not to come back...Did it not occur to you that I might want to set toxic pieces of crap like you straight? I think it did occur to you. I think you're a sad little bully. See my remark to the trolls.

Do you think people who read your remarks are gonna be blown away by how brilliant, righteous, witty, or whatever your exaggerated sense of yourself tells you? Think again.

Agent327

Things for you to consider :

1. Sometimes remarks are meant sarcastic as in referring to the toxic responders as Inno customer service. I have given Inno many suggestions and they always respond that I have to post them here for consideration.

2. There are hugely too many threads and rules here to make a functional forum particularly so for those of us with severely damaged eyesight or newcomers.

3. Jumping on a newcomer and trolling them just to boast your sad little ego is not helpful to anyone least of all yourselves.

4. Post rude or arrogant replies and you'll probably get a response that hurts your feelings.

5. I do not think I'm king of anything. I have been playing this game since about a month after it appeared so I ought to know a little bit about what experienced players are asking for.

6. I KNOW we only get 80 friend requests. But if 80 people send a friend request and I accept then I have zero friend requests. How is that reasonable? Maybe newbies can manage with this system but it blows for those who have been here awhile. Also if you disagree with my proposal then just say you disagree. You don't need to dis the person making the request.

7. When I said that you shouldn't give rights to post in the wrong places I was speaking to the moderators. "Rights" are a posting level that a moderator assigns to users. If you didn't understand my remark which you clearly didn't then you probably should have left the moderator to respond instead of raising a false issue.

8. To the trolls...nobody who comes here looking for help or to offer an idea cares in the least about your ego problems. Go find a therapy group for that

9. Finally, to the douchebag who told me not to come back...Did it not occur to you that I might want to set toxic pieces of crap like you straight? I think it did occur to you. I think you're a sad little bully. See my remark to the trolls.

Do you think people who read your remarks are gonna be blown away by how brilliant, righteous, witty, or whatever your exaggerated sense of yourself tells you? Think again.

Even Arnold Schwarzenegger wasn't BACK this fast.

You come up with a lot of reasons why this thread went downhill from the start, but basically there is only one reason for it happening and that reason is you. On a forum, there usually are rules. It helps if you have a look at them before you start posting. If you don't and do not folow those rules there is a big chance someone will tell you, you are breaking them. If then your response is to call that person "fascist structure police", what happens next is 100% on you. You can blame your eyesight, you can blame others, but fact is the only thing here toxic to the post and the idea is you.

DeletedUser31592

I feel the rest are self explanatory, so I am only addressing these two.

2. The bolded, all caps, READ BEFORE POSTING threads with the rules and guidelines are pinned to the top of the subforum. They can't make it easier to find.

9. YOU are the one who said you weren't coming back. You opened that door, so you can't have hurt feelings when people support that idea.... That is on you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

Ordoarcturus, unfortunately on the US forum there are some who can't wait to try to utilize the forums to feel superior in some way in some warped attempt to make up for some inferiority in real life and most unfortunately they take advantage of new members such as yourself to that effect, it's rather unfortunate for the game as a whole really but until this place ever gets enforced properly we'll have to continue to deal with it.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/offical-forum-rules.11881/

Graviton

I don't understand how too many rules make a forum less than functional. This also makes me think that rather than being ignorant of the rules, you knew the rules about proposals and just ignored them. Which is it? Too many rules, or you didn't know there were rules?

You've got a point there. Some of us are too quick with the snark.

I have been playing this game since about a month after it appeared so I ought to know a little bit about what experienced players are asking for.

And yet you're a "newcomer" to the forum, which is full of experienced players. We also know what we're asking for.

6. I KNOW we only get 80 friend requests. But if 80 people send a friend request and I accept then I have zero friend requests. How is that reasonable?

How is it unreasonable? Many of us play on multiple worlds and while I don't presume to speak for all of us, I for one think that's plenty of friends. It takes me 15-20 minutes to do my daily aiding as it is.

It's also been my experience that keeping people on your friends list forever is a bad idea, as a significant number of them become inactive at some point. So it's not "once a friend, always a friend", you have to refresh that list occasionally to ensure your tavern fills up and you get enough aid in your city.

Also if you disagree with my proposal then just say you disagree. You don't need to dis the person making the request.

I agree, however I also refer you to your own Item #4.

DeletedUser

Yeah, well, I'm really good at sarcasm, and if that post is any indication, you're not.
If there are too many threads, it's due to players coming here and posting without regards to guidelines or Forum rules. And we've heard the physical limitations card played so many times that it's like a whole bunch of little boys crying "Wolf!" one after another after another...
Nobody has been trolling you. You've been trolling everyone that's responded. Apparently, your "sad little ego" couldn't take being pointed in the direction of Forum rules/guidelines.
Ummm...yeah. Are you explaining why we supposedly hurt your feelings after your rude and arrogant replies?
Yeah, as has been said, this has been requested (in proper format, sometimes) repeatedly here on the Forum, so we all know that many players ask for this. Doesn't necessarily mean it should be done.
I think you have this backwards. The 80 friend limit was somewhat of a barrier when I was a new player, but it is easily manageable now that I'm more experienced and know how to make it work for me. And maybe you should just answer the disagreeing person's points rather than being rude to them. If you are honest, you know that you are the one that got bent out of shape at people, not the other way around.
I understood your remark. Rights are equivalent to abilities. And just because you have the ability to do something doesn't mean it's allowed. Which you would know if you had bothered to make the least little attempt to understand the Forum rules/guidelines before posting improperly here. To help you out, since you apparently couldn't find it, the Forum rules are in the quick links section on the right on the main Forum page. And the Proposals guidelines are in sticky threads at top of the threads listed in the Proposals sub-forum.
Ummm...I'm not going to say nobody cares about your ego problems, either, but we'd prefer you not act them out here like you've done. Thanks.
As has been pointed out, you're the one that first mentioned not coming back. And it's rather hypocritical to complain about allegedly rude replies and then proceed to call people "douchebag", "toxic pieces of crap", "sad little bully" and finally, "trolls".

DeletedUser30900

WHY IS THIS GUY STILL HERE?! So, every time this dude post something, he should add "even though im a man that eat my own words....."

DeletedUser35473

You want to know how I could have been playing since the beginning and not posted on the forum before then take a look at your replies.

I've come to the forums looking for answers certainly but what I found were a lot of toxic replies. That's why I never posted before.

As for the reply about sarcasm, if you're not actually an Inno employee it wasn't meant for you. I'm pretty sure if Inno saw my remark then they got my point.

If all you can offer is toxic spew then I feel sorry for you but making fun of me for defending myself is really only making my point about your toxic behavior for me.

DeletedUser26965

You want to know how I could have been playing since the beginning and not posted on the forum before then take a look at your replies.

I've come to the forums looking for answers certainly but what I found were a lot of toxic replies. That's why I never posted before.

As for the reply about sarcasm, if you're not actually an Inno employee it wasn't meant for you. I'm pretty sure if Inno saw my remark then they got my point.

If all you can offer is toxic spew then I feel sorry for you but making fun of me for defending myself is really only making my point about your toxic behavior for me.
You're getting dogpiled here by folks who for the most part don't add much of any real substance or value to the forums, makes me wonder why they even bother playing the game, so perhaps try to ignore them.

DeletedUser

You're getting dogpiled here by folks who for the most part don't add much of any real substance or value to the forums, makes me wonder why they even bother playing the game, so perhaps try to ignore them.
Oh, puh-lease! He came on here with a combination of arrogance and ignorance, made even worse by a total disregard for Forum rules or guidelines. Nobody "dogpiled" him.

Salsuero

why should there be some arbitrary limit

How do you know anything in this game is arbitrary? You may be correct in assuming so, but you're still just assuming. There may very well be a purposeful design behind the reasons things are done the way they are. And of course, there may not be. Unless you're an Inno developer, or they've specifically said so, how would you know?

DeletedUser35473

Yep. Will do.

DeletedUser26965

Yep. Will do.
Regarding your post I've yet to come across any explanation from IG as to why they allow up to 140 friends but only allow you to invite players until you reach 80 friends. There's always speculation as to why, some will say only top players will invite top players thereby never letting newer players have a chance at getting higher age players as friends but who knows really.

I say if we can have 140 friends then we should be able to invite 140 friends but if they don't do that then to make it more effective and efficient I've proposed in the past to have some sort of meeting place or something where active players who can not invite anymore can post themselves there and where those with invites left can go to invite those players. Not much different than what we have now with the friend finder except instead of 12 random players have it so you can place your avatar there instead.

DeletedUser35473

It's a doable idea I think though expanding the number of FRs to 100 seems simple enough that it should be a snap...I'd guess that it might pose some sort of memory problem for the coders maybe. But I still say they should have tackled this issue a long long time ago. LOL

DeletedUser

It's a doable idea I think though expanding the number of FRs to 100 seems simple enough that it should be a snap...I'd guess that it might pose some sort of memory problem for the coders maybe. But I still say they should have tackled this issue a long long time ago. LOL
Except that for most of us it isn't an issue, so we don't think they should tackle it at all. LOL

mamboking053

Morning, Ordoarcturus...

I think the primary reason I would limit the friends request to 80 is quality assurance. 80 is already a big number and while you, personally, may have the intent of being an active player, there's a lot of players who take up friend slots that are not good for much more than aid-gold and GB snipes.

I think the main goal of the friends list was to actually foster cooperative gameplay among the community outside of ones guild. Like facebook, the more friends you have, the less realistic your relation with them all. By limiting it to 80, you get a pretty healthy amount of friends while also being able to actively manage and interact with them in a way that improves the overall experience...nominally. Adding more effectively makes the game a little easier and more bloated which would probably be counter-productive from the hosts viewpoint.

I would like something that enables improved functionality of the "friend" relationship, though. I'm far more friendly and active with my guildies than I am with friends who are simply...there...

* Shout out to Empire of Sgr A*, best guild on Z. All Hail Princess Zooey, my queen and master ;)

DeletedUser26965

But I still say they should have tackled this issue a long long time ago
Yeah there must be something that is holding them back whether it's technical or principle no one really knows. Despite claims on here to the contrary a lot of people actually want to be able to invite players even though they have 80 friends already. I'll try to look back on the history a bit again, see if I come across anything, it's also really odd they don't say you can have 140 friends and that they still say "you can invite up to 80 friends", which is misleading, instead of saying you can send out invites until your friends list reaches 80, when it's below 80 you can invite again.

invite-80.gif