• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Expand Friends List to 100

• Thread starter DeletedUser35473
  • Start date

DeletedUser35473

That's not true. My Seed Vault rewards me for clicking the aid button whether there's something to aid or not. The description says nothing about having to successfully motive/polish anything. It says you get the reward by aiding. When I click aid, that's how it rewards me.

And yes, I would not be happy with even less to motivate/polish when it comes to my Dynamic Tower. However, to be fair, I'd probably add 20 more friends to compensate and hope that the opportunities lost from the first 80 having more friends would be offset by me having 20 more friends. Not saying I'm in favor of this proposal at all... just being fair to the discussion.

I appreciate your remarks. Thank you.

Lancer

Another mod had mistakenly placed a poll on this thread. Thread is moved to Forge Hall and the poll has been closed.

DeletedUser35475

I agree! That's clearly what they intended. My point is that limiting us to 80 friend requests (which can be far fewer requests if you accept other people's requests) is actually contrary to their original intent.

I have a long running thread that includes all of my friends except a handful who opted out. It is a real community more active than most guilds from what I've seen. We support each other in the usual ways but more than that. Newcomers to the game find real friends on the Random, they ask questions and get real answers, they post trades and GBs, sometimes they get help with bullies or at least really good advice. But also they get more friends who aren't on their friends list because they're out of FRs.

The only real reason I've been able to think of for this limitation beyond the technical one I've mentioned is to prevent friends from becoming more important than guilds. I don't really think that would happen though. I'm certainly 100% loyal to my guild as my friends are to theirs. We are loyal friends to each other but we recognize sometimes our guild comes first.

As for the idea that most people's "friends" are only useful for P/Ms and tavern visits how is that mutually exclusive to what my friends and I have? How would allowing those of us who want more friends be harmful to those who like a smaller circle of friends?

Have the generosity of spirit to allow for more than the one way that you play. Maybe it's time for some of you to try treating your friends as if they really were friends... Thanks for the comments!

It does seem odd that you can friend request until you have 80 then you need to wait for others ask you. There shouldn't be a technical limit that would prevent you from asking or accepting all the way up to whatever the total limit is.
I don't think most players have an issue with the limit though, 80 or so is a pretty decent number to scroll through to aid or visit the tavern for anyone who is just a casual player.

DeletedUser26965

It does seem odd that you can friend request until you have 80 then you need to wait for others ask you. There shouldn't be a technical limit that would prevent you from asking or accepting all the way up to whatever the total limit is.
I don't think most players have an issue with the limit though, 80 or so is a pretty decent number to scroll through to aid or visit the tavern for anyone who is just a casual player.
Sure as heck bothers me though and I've seen it brought up plenty times on the forum. I'm willing to bet a lot of players don't even know they can have more than 80 friends. There's quite the difference I must say being in OF and IA, in IA I'm always getting invites, OF maybe one every 6 months, at this rate I'll fill my friends list in 28 years. When a new world opens I can fill the friends list in a day, it's the time that goes on part that becomes a problem.

DeletedUser35473

Odoarcturus, it's a shame you're angry. However, if you had noted the posts marked "READ BEFORE POSTING" and if you had done some searching to see what was already out there, you might have noticed that the people who respond to you here do not represent Inno customer service .... these are your fellow players.

I already explained the sarcasm in the reference to Inno Customer Service so I won't recover that.

Did any of you people ever consider what hopeless mess the forums are to those of us who are sight challenged? I doubt it. The one and only reason I started the thread at all is because I can't email the developer directly so far as I know and there is no such thing as Inno Customer Service.

This is what passes for customer service with this and most game companies. I don't really believe they're interested in making their games a better experience for players otherwise they'd have a seriously better way for players to communicate with them instead of these trolls nests. I think this request is long overdue to be dealt with by Inno but they apparently think maximizing profits is more important. I tried.

DeletedUser35473

Another mod had mistakenly placed a poll on this thread. Thread is moved to Forge Hall and the poll has been closed.

So should I attach a new poll so Inno sees that there is a serious number of people who support the idea?

Also kindly do not assume a poster is rebellious, illiterate, or just plain arrogant as some commenters have assumed. Some of us are elderly and going blind. The fonts and backgrounds Inno chooses for the forum and in the game are a serious challenge for those of us with heavy corneal scarring as an example.

Lancer

No. A poll is only posted once a proposal has been discussed thoroughly and has been in the proper format since it's original post. Also, It is the job of a moderator to post a poll.

Last edited:

Lancer

Also kindly do not assume a poster is rebellious, illiterate, or just plain arrogant as some commenters have assumed.

You will find that I'm not a moderator that will just side with the "majority" or other posters. In fact, I'm probably one of the easiest to deal with. Just because you may be the original poster doesn't mean my changes to your post say "I''m right and your wrong. " As stated before, it's just standard procedure.

Agent327

Because, even though the OP was asked to put it into the proper format, it wasn't done. This is standard procedure here.

Sure, but it isn't standard procedure to move it to the Polling Place, where it got moved to before it got moved here.

Agent327

Did any of you people ever consider what hopeless mess the forums are to those of us who are sight challenged? I doubt it. The one and only reason I started the thread at all is because I can't email the developer directly so far as I know and there is no such thing as Inno Customer Service.

Address
Friesenstraße 13
20097 Hamburg
Germany

Phone
+ 49 40 7889335-0
Fax
+49 40 7889335-200
Email
info@innogames.com

Salsuero

Sure, but it isn't standard procedure to move it to the Polling Place, where it got moved to before it got moved here.

I don't know what you're talking about. I see this post in Forge Hall, the place these sorts of "proposals" do procedurally end up.

Lancer

If this discussion thread turns into anymore of a debate or arm match between members, then I'm going to lock it. You all may continue the discussion but please leave it at just that ... a discussion.

DeletedUser35473

You will find that I'm not a moderator that will just side with the "majority" or other posters. In fact, I'm probably one of the easiest to deal with. Just because you may be the original poster doesn't mean my changes to your post say "I''m right and your wrong. " As stated before, it's just standard procedure.

You didn't say whether I should add the poll again. And you assumed I was critizing you for moving the thread. If you look at what I said in the message you replied to I never complained about the fact that you moved the thread. I didn't even complain about the removal of the poll which was 73% in favor of 20 more FRs.

What I did complain about were the assumptions made by others (not you) about me and my motivation based on zero facts. Please read the message you replied to again and at least answer my question. Thank you.