• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Guild Expedition.. Level 5

Flynn013

Other problems with custom avatars are that they would have to be approved before you would be allowed to use them. This would require a set of rules as to what would be acceptable.
Also no matter how innocent or inoffensive the avatar may seem someone would find a reason to be offended and support would be flooded with complaints.

CDmark

Well, I finally got one of the unmentioned rewards, really, has made all the effort for GE5 worth it.

Did I get secret diamonds? no
Was there a stash of hidden FPs in the jungle? no
I got the 6/12, 2 star, "Impressive Penacho" achievement. Had I known that I could get this achievement I would not have complained at all about portraits , which screw up the building timings, in GE5. They should have led the initial announcement with this game breaking piece of news.
"GE5 has arrived. Our development team has heard you, less diamonds and more achievements. So get ready to spend lots of goods and take time to rearrange your city, you too can become an "Impressive Penacho", available in 1-4 star increments."

Attachments

• impressive penacho.JPG
    impressive penacho.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 0

Johnny B. Goode

Penacho must mean sucker in Spanish or something like that lol
Apparently it can mean "Mohican haircut", "crest", "hairbrush", "brush", "tuft", "forelock", "hair lock", or "lock". And it's either Spanish or Portuguese (or both). I'm thinking that Inno is trying to use it to mean "crest", as in heraldic terms. They should have used "el mamon" (with an accent mark over the o), which seems to be Spanish for sucker, suckling or idiot. :)

Johnny B. Goode

Level 5 and Diamonds aside, the fact that all the big encounters of levels 1-3 now only give fragments of mostly outdated or worthless buildings really pisses me off every time I clear one. Not that the rewards were ever that great for GE encounters, but now the hope of ToR relics and troops from the 3, 7, 11 and 15 encounters are about the only reason to do those levels. (Other than the fact that you have to get through them to have a shot at the Diamonds on level 4.) I would prefer getting more random BPs than all these worthless fragments. Sure, when you have enough you can sell the selection kits at the AD, but then there's the generally worthless crap that is available there. Much if it just more fragments.

FoE had such promise in the beginning, but it's been a long slow descent into mediocrity for years now. It started before Inno was acquired by the other company. The only thing different, really, is that the descent is accelerating at a rapid pace. Soon the players that are left will yearn for the days of mediocrity.

PJS299

Level 5 and Diamonds aside, the fact that all the big encounters of levels 1-3 now only give fragments of mostly outdated or worthless buildings really pisses me off every time I clear one. Not that the rewards were ever that great for GE encounters, but now the hope of ToR relics and troops from the 3, 7, 11 and 15 encounters are about the only reason to do those levels. (Other than the fact that you have to get through them to have a shot at the Diamonds on level 4.) I would prefer getting more random BPs than all these worthless fragments. Sure, when you have enough you can sell the selection kits at the AD, but then there's the generally worthless crap that is available there. Much if it just more fragments.

FoE had such promise in the beginning, but it's been a long slow descent into mediocrity for years now. It started before Inno was acquired by the other company. The only thing different, really, is that the descent is accelerating at a rapid pace. Soon the players that are left will yearn for the days of mediocrity.
STOP COMPLAINING! I am so sorry, I know you are just expressing your opinion, but it makes me so angry how everyone is constantly complaining. In the end, you all are still playing the game! If you want to change it, then make a petition or something. But stop complaining all the time! You all live in an amazing country! This is the US server, right? You all have phones, and computers, and countless games to play, and so many opportunities. You all are so blessed to be living, yet you all spend your time complaining about some free online game. You think our economy is bad? Go work! Stop playing games! You want to make changes? Go outside! Stop playing games. Everyone is constantly complaining, and if you really think FOE is that bad, then just stop playing. It ruins the game for the rest of us.

I know I just made a lot of people mad, and somebody is gonna reply with a great argument. So I will go ahead and say good job. You all hate me now, but you gotta admit, that was an amazing argument!

STOP COMPLAINING!
CAN I GET AN AMEN?

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

STOP COMPLAINING! I am so sorry, I know you are just expressing your opinion, but it makes me so angry how everyone is constantly complaining. In the end, you all are still playing the game! If you want to change it, then make a petition or something. But stop complaining all the time! You all live in an amazing country! This is the US server, right? You all have phones, and computers, and countless games to play, and so many opportunities. You all are so blessed to be living, yet you all spend your time complaining about some free online game. You think our economy is bad? Go work! Stop playing games! You want to make changes? Go outside! Stop playing games. Everyone is constantly complaining, and if you really think FOE is that bad, then just stop playing. It ruins the game for the rest of us.

I know I just made a lot of people mad, and somebody is gonna reply with a great argument. I will not reply, so I will go ahead and say good job. You all hate me now, but you gotta admit, that was an amazing argument!

STOP COMPLAINING!
CAN I GET AN AMEN?
Geez. Get over yourself, dude. And no, you can't get an amen. Trolls don't get amens. Why don't you quit reading the forum and go play the game yourself. We can't "ruin the game for you" if you don't read what we post.

PJS299

Geez. Get over yourself, dude. And no, you can't get an amen. Trolls don't get amens. Why don't you quit reading the forum and go play the game yourself. We can't "ruin the game for you" if you don't read what we post.
Maybe you should go play the game and stop complaining.

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH BURN!!!!!!!

PJS299

Anyway, I am going to pretend like this never happened, I am sure you are a great player, or at least pretty goode. I hope you have a wonderful evening, or morning if you are on the East Coast... thanks for arguing with me! I have to practice, as I am in law school...

Sorry for everything I said, and honestly, you have some pretty good arguments. I don't know, but I think we tied in that argument... lol
jk you won
well, actually... :)

-Chen-

So,,,,I end up 5 fragments short on a level 2 serpent because I got 3 avatars this week...really? What kind of petty BS maneuver is that? I held my tongue over giving those stupid things as rewards in the first place, but exactly how many of those ugly azz things are you giving out, and why on earth would you give them in place of the few things that are the only reason the low percentage of us who can actually complete it are doing it?? I see that idiocy one more time and it will be the last level 5 I ever do.

Pericles the Lion

So,,,,I end up 5 fragments short on a level 2 serpent because I got 3 avatars this week...really? What kind of petty BS maneuver is that? I held my tongue over giving those stupid things as rewards in the first place, but exactly how many of those ugly azz things are you giving out, and why on earth would you give them in place of the few things that are the only reason the low percentage of us who can actually complete it are doing it?? I see that idiocy one more time and it will be the last level 5 I ever do.
Sorry to be the bearer of dire predictions but, since there are 18 unique avatars to be won in L5, you can pretty much expect to see more of them until you collect all 18. :eek:

-Chen-

Sorry to be the bearer of dire predictions but, since there are 18 unique avatars to be won in L5, you can pretty much expect to see more of them until you collect all 18. :eek:
Thing is, up until they gave them as milestone rewards during this last event I never even gave avatars a second thought, just rolled my eyes and ignored them like all the rest. Only ones I ever thought were even remotely cool were the historical ones. But giving them in place of rewards people actually want is a whole other thing, and this BS this morning was the last straw. They have no business even putting them as a possibility over Serpent or temple fragments. Like I said, those two items are the only reason most of us who are capable of finishing level 5 even bother with it.

Pericles the Lion

Thing is, up until they gave them as milestone rewards during this last event I never even gave avatars a second thought, just rolled my eyes and ignored them like all the rest. Only ones I ever thought were even remotely cool were the historical ones. But giving them in place of rewards people actually want is a whole other thing, and this BS this morning was the last straw. They have no business even putting them as a possibility over Serpent or temple fragments. Like I said, those two items are the only reason most of us who are capable of finishing level 5 even bother with it.
Sure they do. It's their game and they can do whatever they want with it. You have a simple choice. Continue to play L5 or not. The 18 avatar speedbump will be gone soon enough with continued play. I don't think that it's a big enough deal to get upset about, but that's me.

-Chen-

Sure they do. It's their game and they can do whatever they want with it. You have a simple choice. Continue to play L5 or not. The 18 avatar speedbump will be gone soon enough with continued play. I don't think that it's a big enough deal to get upset about, but that's me.
Yes, technically they have the right to do it, but it would seem to be a pretty dumb azz choice on their part, especially dumb in this context, where they gain nothing from choosing to be so petty and/or short sighted

qaccy

I have finished every GE5 since it started (8) and have yet to receive 1 single full Feathered section.
Sounds like you've been 'lucky' hitting the avatars. The way the fragments are awarded, completing GE5 weekly gives you one of each of the exclusive buildings per 4 weeks. By now you'd have been able to receive two, and have a very high chance of receiving one.

Pericles the Lion

GE5 is a total wash , even the main reward stinks . It should be perpetual base stats , non stacking and only the FP doubler expires. The GE5 fragments are a joke. I have finished every GE5 since it started (8) and have yet to receive 1 single full Feathered section. How long to get all three levels ? A full year ? Can I trade both my Temples in for a single section ? Notice how the Temples are delete only , you can't even sell them. The Panda junk is also not sellable and it should be , many people can't use them because of the messed up ordering of the rewards. Inno ignored my complaint to support about it.

View attachment 20357
After 7+ seasons:

1685015622659.png

Pericles the Lion

This is what it should be , I have 8 pictures of rewards instead of the actual rewards.
It's not out of the realm of possibility. After only 7 seasons there can be many different outcomes. However, after some number of L5 seasons, every player will end up with the same number of rewards - and earn the same number going forward.

xivarmy

The problem is that it is all chanced based now. What inspiration is getting a building you can use every 6 months that is only 15% attack ? GE5 just isn't worth it anymore. It is 8 seasons btw , I have 2 full Temples
It's every 12 weeks to get the 15% building once the portraits are not messing things up (= 3 months). You get 4 of the 10 FP, 15% attack and defense for attacking army 2x3s a year. Which may not be a huge impact in terms of total effect (60%/60% boost per year), but *is* hugely efficient in terms of space used. It's cleanly better than the event grand prizes for now at least - and better than the likes of Keymaster's Workshop if you don't include the fragments produced. It's also even better for players in lower ages because it doesn't scale with age and thus pulls out more of a margin over buildings that would be competitive with it in Space Age, but do scale with age.

The forgotten temple is also hugely efficient even though you can only average 1 active at a time. Easily the most efficient building in the game.

I don't know what they were thinking with the divine skywatch which given recent event rewards is pretty much DoA before we even win very many. It's good for new cities, but new cities can't handle GE5 very much.

Ebeondi Asi

I am now finishing GE 5. I can fight through through the second last one, and Negotiate the final one ( I hope to be able to fight all of them eventually) . I like having the Forgotten Temple! I have no complaints about GE at all.
I have to say having a new kind of challenge, and mastering it, doing something different, is great!