• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Quantum Incursions

CDmark

To maintain interest in QI they will need to up the rewards and probably add diamonds as a reward. Just getting small chances of fragments of buildings that have multiple levels and need 1k fragments to build or relatively small number of fp or goods is not going to sustain interest when you can't even get the main chest prize for your guild until an entire championship is done. The end of season chests are a total joke given the low odds to get what you would actually want and just a scheme to get players to spend more $$.
Back to TIME and manual battles but I would also like to address the fragments. It was somewhere on my list but might as well mention it now. Unless you are getting progress points, that neo-Colossus will take a long tome to get so for smaller guilds, major negative. Funny thing about the word neo, jumble the letters and you get eon, so eons is what it will take if you are getting fragments. It only takes 1000 fragments to get a complete kit. That's all, only 1000. I really have not taken the time to do a full analysis on the the rewards, time to get versus what they give. Maybe in a few eons I will get to it...lol

OK, TIME - manual battles
Sure, start with a Forgotten Temple and Tourney Grounds, you have 75% red/blue AD, but getting those two takes, let me see if I can find the right word, oh yea, TIME. GE5, FT, ok, doable but you need the city blue AD or goods. One FT lasts 28 days, 2 QI seasons, you get another FT, 2 seasons, so believe it or not, that timing actually is in sync...unlike starting QI DURING GBG and we get no time off, very lame move. Wait until someone decides to take a vacation, nice thing for us human beings to do, take off from work (RL work, not FOE work). When they go and come back, somewhere they are getting screwed, either GBG or QI final season rewards.

Back to manual battles - TG, well this one takes 4000 GBG battles to get (pls keep that quantum computer on idle and I know if you have the Tower and BG, blah, blah, most regular players don't). So to maintain that, the time to do 4000 GBG battles (plus the city to do it). Unless there is another way to do it, I would say 400 battles a day, 8 seconds per battle (if you can do it faster you are my hero), let's say an hour to use a number, it is close. Hmm, day, hour, seconds, I know these all belong in the same measurement group...it is taking me time to remember what they measure. Well, look at that, I just said it, TIME.

Now, manual battles, if you don't do them by hand, even with a FT, will say L2 - L4, you get an injured unit if you autobattle. You don't have units to replace them, a constraint (told you nice design), so you could come back when they heal and do more. COME BACK, oh you mean to collect. No, no, no, that is in 9 hours, come back in hour when they are healed, you can manually fight again without losing your shirt and get some progress points.

Guild member #64 posts: "Hey, I thought we just collect, build twice a day?"
Reality: Sure, if you sit at node 1 L1.

CD is not done, TIME to hang with my daughter and that time FOE, you can't have, EVER. :)))

stash2020

I like QI. In beta, I built a new city to check it out. had no cultural settlement, no GE or GBG buildings so I quickly faced units with superior stats. auto battle was useless so honed my tactics in manual and got to level 4. There was not much activity from rest of guild so I got 1400+ encounters. had level 8 colossus and neo rotunda and winners. Maxed colossus quickly in round 2 then gave up. In Carthage got 1050 encounters, had help, got into level9. extremely expensive there 150-200 diamonds per battle. saved some shards but I think shards should be rewarded between seasons at least through 1st championship. It is time consuming to the point that you neglect other aspects of the game. there was no event going on last week so next season will be worse. another reason to make setting up settlement easier with the shard reward

I'm not sure about that... I think Inno will change the reward
Maybe so but I hope they don't change the reward every championship like they do in GBG. It's fine if they want to let the uber players get the best items sooner than the "normal" players, but if players don't have SOME path, even a delayed one, to get the nice items, I wonder how long they will remain interested in the game.

Inno has a choice to make. They can 1) have really good rewards that are exclusively available to the uber players in uber guilds while the other 98% of players have no chance, or 2) give less uber players and guilds a chance to get the good prizes on a delayed basis if they stick with it long enough. The first one rewards the players who give the most effort and spend the most diamonds, which is OK, but also may eventually narrow the customer base only to those players as the others lose interest due to lack of potential rewards. The second one helps keep the customer base broad, but risks ... what? Are the uber players going to quit because others can get the rewards a few months after they do? Especially after they've already moved on to the next even more powerful item in FoE's ever more inflationary world?

For now the developers seem to be leaning toward the first option. It'll be interesting to see how that goes. The very nature of the game makes it a competition among players and guilds. In a rich-get-richer environment, how long will the 98% keep watching their ability to compete wither away? It seems we will find out.

jaymoney23456

Maybe so but I hope they don't change the reward every championship like they do in GBG. It's fine if they want to let the uber players get the best items sooner than the "normal" players, but if players don't have SOME path, even a delayed one, to get the nice items, I wonder how long they will remain interested in the game.

Inno has a choice to make. They can 1) have really good rewards that are exclusively available to the uber players in uber guilds while the other 98% of players have no chance, or 2) give less uber players and guilds a chance to get the good prizes on a delayed basis if they stick with it long enough. The first one rewards the players who give the most effort and spend the most diamonds, which is OK, but also may eventually narrow the customer base only to those players as the others lose interest due to lack of potential rewards. The second one helps keep the customer base broad, but risks ... what? Are the uber players going to quit because others can get the rewards a few months after they do? Especially after they've already moved on to the next even more powerful item in FoE's ever more inflationary world?

For now the developers seem to be leaning toward the first option. It'll be interesting to see how that goes. The very nature of the game makes it a competition among players and guilds. In a rich-get-richer environment, how long will the 98% keep watching their ability to compete wither away? It seems we will find out.
The only way to get the silver and gold levels of the neo colossus building is to be in a top guild. otherwise, you have to buy the pass.

jaymoney23456

Yep, smaller guilds have no chance for fragments via node rewards or end of season chest. Basically, L8 neo-colossus is the best they could do over time, unfortunately.
The end of season chests are gonna be low chance to get them also. I had 2 free chests neither was the one with fragments for the silver upgrade. My guild got through lv 7 but didn't finish 8 so we got chance at silver upgrade. Chances will go up next season when we get higher levels done but still will be low odds to get them without spending shards/hence diamonds for end of season chests.

Dursland

How do levels correlate to the path? Might be missing something as I am still at the 1st difficulty. As of right now sitting at 700 and simple algebra shows that the path would be short for the whole duration of the Championship. Legit question not a smark remark.
You said raid path is too short for the whole championship. I asked if you've completed level 10 then?

You said you're still on level 1, so I don't understand your comment at all.

What exactly is it that's too short?

Ebeondi Asi

I usually laugh at players who say they may quit. Now laugh at me. QI sucks so much...
Not the i would quit but I hate Quantum sheet. So being in top Guilds they may eventually boot me for failing to do Quantum much. Then I am not sure what I would do?
The main problem with Quantum is the endless need to heal between fights with Diamonds.
eff that
I know a few players who were in total denial over GE 5 and they finally seem to be coming around and working if doing GE 5. Perhaps QI will grow on me? I'm just grumbling abut it

I'm half mad because I never did most Settlements either. Now I have regret.

Pericles the Lion

I usually laugh at players who say they may quit. Now laugh at me. QI sucks so much...
Not the i would quit but I hate Quantum sheet. So being in top Guilds they may eventually boot me for failing to do Quantum much. Then I am not sure what I would do?
The main problem with Quantum is the endless need to heal between fights with Diamonds.
eff that
I know a few players who were in total denial over GE 5 and they finally seem to be coming around and working if doing GE 5. Perhaps QI will grow on me? I'm just grumbling abut it

I'm half mad because I never did most Settlements either. Now I have regret.
I'm playing QI on two of my worlds. On my main I am in a top guild with lots of participants and am at 425 progress. On the other, there are fewer guildmates participating and I'm at 535 progress. I have not spent any diamonds at all. Don't plan to. QI is okay. I log in every 10 hours or so, work on my settlement, do a few node activities, then leave for 10 hours.

The Lady Redneck

QI is gonna burn out a lot of players if more atttack boosts aren't offered for it so players can autobattle in it.
Nothing wrong with a little manual fighting. Everywhere else in the game there is no fighting at all, just mindless autoclicking. Fighting manual helps you understand your troops strengths and weaknesses and how terrain affects a battles outcome.

jaymoney23456

Nothing wrong with a little manual fighting. Everywhere else in the game there is no fighting at all, just mindless autoclicking. Fighting manual helps you understand your troops strengths and weaknesses and how terrain affects a battles outcome.
manual fighting is tedious and the terrain bonus is mostly a joke-only really helps for artillery on hills sometimes and for units that can hide -mostly the hover tank on the plains

Ebeondi Asi

I'm doing a little better in Quantum, fighting. I really should not let it get me down. One reason i dislike Quantum is the rebuilding the town every two weeks. I've been playing three full equal cities for four years, and vowed i would never start another. (Why I ignored the settlements!) and here is rebuilding a town very two weeks from scratch!!! Jeez.

Xcynda

I don't recall running out of shards for QI town expansions last season. Should shards be gone by the second town expansion this (2nd) season? I'm following the spreadsheet by Flotte Karotte for town setup so hopefully not adding anything I don't need. I'm currently being asked to use diamonds to buy shards to add more expansion tiles. Is this the way it is or did I run into a glitch and not get my 2nd town supply of shards?