• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Amitola1

The point is that GBG is still broken in many ways. The update did nothing to fix it.
I have to agree and disagree. I am the GBG leader for a small 21 member guild with only 8 members participating in GBG. I agree that going for Diamond is not desirable for us but it has nothing to do with bots. With or without bots we really aren't able to compete even in low diamond. BTW as far as I know none of our members use bots. Where I disagree is that the new GBG with at least one building in every tile allows me to do a better job of setting up swaps or FARMing tiles. We stay in Platinum as a result. I work hard to keep from promoting to Diamond or demoting to Gold. The new GBG has at least fixed that.

edit: From what I'm seeing here GBG diamond is broken. Platinum now continues to work by using cooperation between guilds. Diamond not longer does. That's what I see as broken in Diamond and it has nothing to do with bots although I am sure they are in use. Doesn't matter if I and my guild have fun winning or fun losing in the end we play within ourselves and have fun.

Last edited:

Amitola1

Let me address the bots issue for a moment. I liken it to the True Crime vids I like to watch. In almost every episode a detective(s), DA(s) will say we know who did it but do we have enough to prosecute and get a conviction. In this FoE scenario INNO becomes the Judge, Jury and Executioner. It's up to the many detectives and DAs here to bring the case to INNO. Remember it needs to be a case where the Jury is unanimous.

genious kahn

In addition having guilds of 70 and guilds like ours of 10 on the same GVG map is ridiculous! I don't understand why guilds can't be grouped by size. We have two guilds that are running the whole map.

Emberguard

I don't understand why guilds can't be grouped by size.

One of the aspects that make that sort of matchmaking work well in Guild Expedition is cross-world matches. The pool of available opponents is therefore much larger.

If I log onto my city and look at Global Ranking looks like there's only 5, maybe 6 islands worth of Diamond League Guilds.

I haven't looked at member count. But if there's a lot of variability, and let's say Inno groups them in bands of every 10-20 members. You're quite likely going to be up against the same opponents every season or second season simply from the amount of opponents needed to shuffle Guilds around.

Could be good, could be bad. Depends on whether restricting it like that gives consistently better opponents than what we have now

captain987

We need cross-server GBG for the highest level. Limit the number of guilds in the top league (doesn't really matter if it's diamond or a new league) to a certain number, say three, per server. That would keep GBG competitive for big dog guilds and smaller guilds alike.

Be Chuille

We need cross-server GBG for the highest level. Limit the number of guilds in the top league (doesn't really matter if it's diamond or a new league) to a certain number, say three, per server. That would keep GBG competitive for big dog guilds and smaller guilds alike.
Yes.
There are way too many guilds on one map at the highest levels.

PJS299

I am not denying that there is botting, but rather saying that the evidence you have provided is not sufficient to claim those players are.
What about this at 1 in the morning? No way they have 50 players on right now. (Even in California it's 10:30 on a Sunday night.)

(BTW, don't know how to word this, but I know they are using bots. You may not be able to see it, but it is happening.)

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

What about this at 1 in the morning? No way they have 50 players on right now. (Even in California it's 10:30 on a Sunday night.)

(BTW, don't know how to word this, but I know they are using bots. You may not be able to see it, but it is happening.)
How fast can you battle right after reset? The reason that I am asking is that I wonder if you are aware of how fast top fighters can fight when facing zero attrition initially. Your video shows your opponent clearing 4 sectors. On C4A they needed 131 hits to clear in 19 seconds (6.9 hits per second). On D5C they needed 153 hits to clear in 20 seconds (7.7 hits per second). On F5A they needed 210 hits to clear in 25 seconds (8.4 hits per second). On C5A they needed 139 hits to clear in 40 seconds (3.5 hits per second). These sectors were cleared consecutively, not simultaneously. You are correct, they probably did not have 50 players on. But, they didn't need 50 players, 15-16 would have been enough. Not a stretch for a top guild right after reset.

Sharmon the Impaler

The only real proof is a timestamped screenshot of the fights before and a timestamped screenshot of the fights right after of the specific person cheating. A human is maxed at about 1/sec , 3/sec is definite cheating.

jaymoney23456

1 fight a second is doable barely, 2 fights a second seems like it would be pretty difficult considering it has got to be an average of 1.5 or slightly more clicks per fight (taking into account 2 wave battles and the prizes one wins in GbG). 3 fights a second would not be possible for a human to do. I would bet my average on the pc with a mouse rather than using the less convenient laptop mouse on the computer itself is 1 fight per 1.5 seconds without having to switch out troops. Most of the time there is a slight lag and sometimes when you click on ok to move on to the next fight it doesn't do anything and you have to click multiple times.

Dominator - X

I have seen and been a part of quick leveling crews. We used to organize Midnight Raids where we were ready at the reset to do damage. And we did. Launch days have been faster than the vids you showed above. As well as races and organized attacks.

I will say, though, that is pretty quick for a Sunday night/Monday morning attack, especially since INNO punishes everyone because of the actions of a few, by shrinking the boxes from like 8 PM until sometime early Monday morning. I am pretty good at anticipating where the clicks need to be, but it still slows me down somewhat. The video above seems to have been taken during the punishment period, but it did not seem to affect them too much. Regardless, being on both sides of what you showed above, it doesn't get me too excited, since I have experienced it. There may well have been a large enough group online and organized to accomplish those attack times. The vids just do not prove anything, except that they are fast. I am sure INNO would need more evidence too.

Emberguard

I will say, though, that is pretty quick for a Sunday night/Monday morning attack, especially since INNO punishes everyone because of the actions of a few, by shrinking the boxes from like 8 PM until sometime early Monday morning

If you're referring to Neighborhood PvP battle totals, pretty sure that's been the mechanic since the games release.

Dominator - X

If you're referring to Neighborhood PvP battle totals, pretty sure that's been the mechanic since the games release.
Referring to the change in the size of the Battle Result box, where the "OK" button is out of its normal line in GBG, starting about 8 PM every Sunday and lasting until Monday morning sometime. This has not been the norm since the beginning of GBG and it only happens on Sunday.
Right now, if you fight in GBG, you can hit the Auto Battle button for 1 or 2 wave battles and then the OK button is right in line, so you don't have to move your pointer. On Sunday evening, they shrink that box and you have to move your pointer to hit the OK button.

Emberguard

Referring to the change in the size of the Battle Result box, where the "OK" button is out of its normal line in GBG, starting about 8 PM every Sunday and lasting until Monday morning sometime

That's the neighborhood PvP Tower. It was removed from the game for a while and re-inserted due to player feedback to keep the towers

Johnny B. Goode

Referring to the change in the size of the Battle Result box, where the "OK" button is out of its normal line in GBG, starting about 8 PM every Sunday and lasting until Monday morning sometime. This has not been the norm since the beginning of GBG and it only happens on Sunday.
Right now, if you fight in GBG, you can hit the Auto Battle button for 1 or 2 wave battles and then the OK button is right in line, so you don't have to move your pointer. On Sunday evening, they shrink that box and you have to move your pointer to hit the OK button.
That's probably not intentional. It's probably a side effect of the features that end on Sunday night. I would bet that it's somehow connected to the PvP weekly tournaments, as they end on Sunday evening and restart sometime early Monday morning.