• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

UBERhelp1

How do you know the person who wrote that isn't on the Alpha Server? They didn't even post their name. And until some Moderator speaks up here and says otherwise it's the most detailed (and that isn't saying much) report we have had on guild raids.
The person plays in ALPHA. Inno changes many things after Alpha. On an Alpha server its more of experimentation. The person notes there were two versions offered on different days. That tells you Inno wanted to try different ways.
Then the last part of it is speculation on his part. The over all insight of what is happening in it... will not change and will be what the person has reported. The speculation part is no different than many people do when they hear of this and the experience playing Inno games. To claim "There is no reason to believe what they post." is poor on your part.
Her, actually. And as per its validity,
1698114831096.png
from Juber on the Beta forums.

The fact is, even if they are on an alpha server, they aren't playing the feature that we will be playing. They're ignoring core parts of the feature that anyone would mention if they did have access to it, they are getting things wrong that any player with some knowledge about the feature would know are wrong, and they blatantly are making stuff up.

For example, there are guilds on internal testing servers! They show this in plenty of official videos, and they need guilds to test a... wait for it... guild feature!

Douglas 221

Maybe the Guild Raids will be tied to ERAS. Your guild can launch raids in different Eras/Ages using only those troops. This way all Eras/Ages would be involved. Maybe even limit the number of Raids a Guild could attempt or limit each Guild to only raiding an Era once per season/week/.
Guilds would then value players not rushing through the AGES to leap onto Jupiter Moons.
If Inno actually listened... this would be how it is done. Guild leader decides on which era to hit at a set time and one must use those troops to fight. Require those troops and goods to fight. It is the one thing people mentioned when GbG was being teased and Inno never did anything to incorporate into GbG. A player should be able to decide which age they want to fight and only fight against that age troops with that age troops.

Be Chuille

Her, actually. And as per its validity,
View attachment 20888
from Juber on the Beta forums.

The fact is, even if they are on an alpha server, they aren't playing the feature that we will be playing. They're ignoring core parts of the feature that anyone would mention if they did have access to it, they are getting things wrong that any player with some knowledge about the feature would know are wrong, and they blatantly are making stuff up.

For example, there are guilds on internal testing servers! They show this in plenty of official videos, and they need guilds to test a... wait for it... guild feature!
Juber has not yet replied to my question about his post. Asking if he is saying it is not accurate at all or is still a work in progress.
Note that he says it is not "official". He does not say it is incorrect.

The links he provided are to things that have been discussed, such as adding Defense to GBG. That was mentioned in an official post about the new GBG.

Galechade

Does Guild Raids provide fighting other guilds, in real time, over sectors/land? The best part of GVG was trying to take sectors belonging to other guilds at the same time defending your own, while those other guilds defend their own from you and attack yours as well. None of this sector swapping every 4 hours which is GBG BS and GE is strictly individual fighting. I've played Forge (now Fragments) of Empires since 2013 on 2 servers (US and EN). Most of us at that time started playing because of GVG. Neither GE nor GBG even existed back then. From what I'm seeing, Raids is a perverted marriage between GE, GBG and Settlements. Where is the real time fighting against other guilds? That's what FOE was supposed to be all about, Forging an Empire against other guilds, not some daily swap meet every 4 hours. C'mon Inno. A college intern can create gaming better than this.

UBERhelp1

The links he provided are to things that have been discussed, such as adding Defense to GBG. That was mentioned in an official post about the new GBG.
In the defense to GBG one, it mentions 3 maps. There are only 2. As per the GBG with AI, that is completely and obviously wrong. There are no plans to rebalance plains tiles, attrition does not have a big bump after 100 attrition, and the bit about rogues in LMA? Completely unfounded.

Be Chuille

In the defense to GBG one, it mentions 3 maps. There are only 2. As per the GBG with AI, that is completely and obviously wrong. There are no plans to rebalance plains tiles, attrition does not have a big bump after 100 attrition, and the bit about rogues in LMA? Completely unfounded.
Alpha is experimental. I'm sure they try many things.
The difference with this one is this feature is almost ready to release to beta. Inno has said so. Note the poster said that the news was supposed to be released today, but they delayed it. That means it was probably due to release to beta this week.

jaymoney23456

If Inno actually listened... this would be how it is done. Guild leader decides on which era to hit at a set time and one must use those troops to fight. Require those troops and goods to fight. It is the one thing people mentioned when GbG was being teased and Inno never did anything to incorporate into GbG. A player should be able to decide which age they want to fight and only fight against that age troops with that age troops.
If you limited it to fighting with troops in one age then most of the guild could not participate. Why would you decide which age troops to use in GbG-what is wrong with using troops from your own age to fight? Titan is an issue granted given crappy troops there but the solution is not to just say everyone can just pick any earlier age than they are in to fight in for GbG.

Johnny B. Goode

You prioritize family time and that is great for you. Not everyone else does. I am in the same time zone as you and I have my family time before it and family knows its my game time and I am usually only on for 40 mins including 10 mins prior for planning. What do you do when Battlegrounds happens at 7pm? Not show up?
That's exactly what I do. Until my wife retired, I played mostly during the day and after 9 PM. Now I play a bit in the morning (sometimes) and then after 9 PM. I feel sorry for those who prioritize computer game time over family time. It's actually pretty convenient for me that GBG sucks and they've ruined GE. Makes it really easy to not play. Especially since I now only play in solo guilds and thus have no commitments to tie me to the computer.

Be Chuille

If you limited it to fighting with troops in one age then most of the guild could not participate. Why would you decide which age troops to use in GbG-what is wrong with using troops from your own age to fight? Titan is an issue granted given crappy troops there but the solution is not to just say everyone can just pick any earlier age than they are in to fight in for GbG.
If you played in GvG you would understand. There is a different kind of challenge when fighting in different eras with different troops.
Tonight I was fighting in 4 different eras in GvG. Sometimes it is more than that.

The decision re. which troops to use would be individual, not the whole guild.

Lord... the thought of only ever using current age troops in this game is... a boring thought.

jaymoney23456

If you played in GvG you would understand. There is a different kind of challenge when fighting in different eras with different troops.
Tonight I was fighting in 4 different eras in GvG. Sometimes it is more than that.

The decision re. which troops to use would be individual, not the whole guild.

Lord... the thought of only ever using current age troops in this game is... a boring thought.
I do play GvG. Just don't think the idea of fighting in multiple eras should be applied to GbG. You would end up with everyone in Titan age if everyone could fight in any aspect ofthe game with troops in any era and then you would be limited to fighting with titan troops anyway because you would have no way to get earlier goods in quantities you would need to use troops form that age. No point in camping in a lower age if you could always just pick which age units you would use and fight against in GbG. This would apply the concept of using goods for gbg buildings from the age players were fighting in.

Douglas 221

The appeal for some people in GvG is one can go to the EMA map and fight against EMA troops using your own EMA troops. Why is that complicated? Why would you always want to fight with only your current troops? What fun is it to be in say Colonial and have the map open to have Hover tanks and fight against Colonial troops using hovers? The entire excitement of the various ages of GvG is being able to go to that map and fight using only that age troops. Head to head battle using the same level troops is what is part of the excitement. It is the only point of the game which has so far allowed people to in higher ages to utilize lower age troops and have success.
So........ the idea of Inno offering another feature which allows players to select which age they would like to fight in and be forced to only use that age troops with your current stats is what is missing in the game outside of GvG.

Douglas 221

I do play GvG. Just don't think the idea of fighting in multiple eras should be applied to GbG. You would end up with everyone in Titan age if everyone could fight in any aspect ofthe game with troops in any era and then you would be limited to fighting with titan troops anyway because you would have no way to get earlier goods in quantities you would need to use troops form that age. No point in camping in a lower age if you could always just pick which age units you would use and fight against in GbG. This would apply the concept of using goods for gbg buildings from the age players were fighting in.
You do understand guilds obtain goods of the lower ages ALL the time in order to participate in GvG? I can understand you mean the increase in goods needed to fight in GBG. But maybe that is something Inno would have to consider a change to GbG. After all, GBG was originally created to get people more interested in moving away from GvG so they could shut it down back in 2019. Inno has consistantly ignored what the diehard GvG players have said they enjoy about GvG when they create the new features. They sure did listen to the mobile players who could not play GvG as a reason for shutting it down. And I understand and support this move to shut GvG down IF... and I will say again... IF they create a feature which will offer something for those who do love playing GvG. And I have listed those in an above comment.

Johnny B. Goode

The appeal for some people in GvG is one can go to the EMA map and fight against EMA troops using your own EMA troops. Why is that complicated? Why would you always want to fight with only your current troops? What fun is it to be in say Colonial and have the map open to have Hover tanks and fight against Colonial troops using hovers? The entire excitement of the various ages of GvG is being able to go to that map and fight using only that age troops. Head to head battle using the same level troops is what is part of the excitement. It is the only point of the game which has so far allowed people to in higher ages to utilize lower age troops and have success.
So........ the idea of Inno offering another feature which allows players to select which age they would like to fight in and be forced to only use that age troops with your current stats is what is missing in the game outside of GvG.
I would agree with this if there would be a reduction in the person's boosts when they fight in a lower era. What fun is it to fight Iron Age troops with Iron Age troops when you have 1000x their boosts? Not that it would actually be fighting. It would be just another click, click, click of the auto button. You want excitement? Start a new city and only battle manually. It's actually the best part of the fighting portion of the game.

Douglas 221

That's exactly what I do. Until my wife retired, I played mostly during the day and after 9 PM. Now I play a bit in the morning (sometimes) and then after 9 PM. I feel sorry for those who prioritize computer game time over family time. It's actually pretty convenient for me that GBG sucks and they've ruined GE. Makes it really easy to not play. Especially since I now only play in solo guilds and thus have no commitments to tie me to the computer.
When should we throw you a retirement party? I am quite sure when I completely shut myself off from anyone else playing in the game and give up much of the game features I too will want to retire and leave the game. Till now, I have enjoyed most of the game and yet do not spend much time as I show up at 7pm to play what I enjoy, collect my city and then spend time with my family. Having a designated time I can focus on game play makes balancing game and life much easier. GbG does not offer that balance as many people must be available numerous times a day which stretch into hours and hours. GBG failed to provide what GvG players wanted as an alternative. What it did provide was a place for all of the mobile people a feature for them to enjoy as they carry the game with them.

Douglas 221

if fighting against same age troops is what you want then you can do that all day long in GbG, well now as long as attrition holds out. Part of the challenge of aging up in FOE is to have to keep facing new troops and having new troops to use each age you advance. While it is perfectly fine to have the ability to fight with whatever age troops you have in GvG this should not apply to main features of the game that give rewards, as it makes aging up through the ages less meaningful.
If that is what YOU want is to continue to move up and fight with the same NEW troops over and over... go for it. That is NOT what attracted players to GvG. This discussion about ending GvG should be focused on what GVG players liked so Inno can offer some of the same to THOSE players as well as introduce more players to a new feature. And the feature in 2019 was about how GBG would be offering something to GvG players as well as offering something similar for mobile players. My entire point was if Inno wants to eliminate GvG, as they wanted to in 2019 and are doing now, some of the aspects which were attractive to the feature be continued which would mean adding something similar to GBG. GvG was a MAIN feature when the game was introduced. We do not need to pretend like it never was a big part of the game.

Douglas 221

should not apply to main features of the game that give rewards, as it makes aging up through the ages less meaningful.
I would also like to ask, Why would aging up only want you to fight with the latest troops on every feature? How boring would that be to only fight with your current troops. The appeal to many over the years was the ability to use lower age troops against others with the SAME troops. I am sure if you do not like that idea or choose to not want to use other troops you can continue with GE and GBG but again the topic has to do with ending GvG and what players feel about GVG and the idea of the new feature. And so far the new feature AND GBG do not offer what was appealing.

jaymoney23456

I would agree with this if there would be a reduction in the person's boosts when they fight in a lower era. What fun is it to fight Iron Age troops with Iron Age troops when you have 1000x their boosts? Not that it would actually be fighting. It would be just another click, click, click of the auto button. You want excitement? Start a new city and only battle manually. It's actually the best part of the fighting portion of the game.
Fighting manually is like trying to level your gb by adding 1 fp a day. You will not get far in either case lol