• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the GvG shutdown and the Guild Raids

Sharmon the Impaler

You are aware that mods are volunteer gamers and there is a very small chance that you may be reporting to the same person you are reporting about lol. A very slightly larger chance that they are a friend of theirs in the game.

Amitola1

You are aware that mods are volunteer gamers and there is a very small chance that you may be reporting to the same person you are reporting about lol. A very slightly larger chance that they are a friend of theirs in the game.
I wasn't but wouldn't surprise me. Anyway I did what I should have and it's not up to them what they do with it.

UBERhelp1

Mods are not supposed to moderate any worlds they play on, so you should never run into a situation where you report a player who would read those tickets.

Amitola1

Concerning my post calling coiners cheaters here is a reply from a player on the GBG feedback thread that says what I meant.

I don't consider it cheating at all either, but I do consider spending money on it "not fun." If I had money to spend, there are things I would spend money on, but not on making my city powerful. I would spend money on things like having my own personally designed avatar, aesthetic things related to the city, convenience things to save me time. I remember one time I wanted an avatar that was part of a purchase and I might have done it, but to do it I would have had to buy a bunch of junk for my city, it was a package deal, nope, not doing it. Spending money on competing doesn't make sense to me, then all we are doing is competing about who has the most money. For me it's a matter of pride that no money was spent in creating my city. A financial cap would make sense to me as an equalizer, but I'm sure Inno wouldn't agree, lol. It's okay. You see I never set about this game trying to be #1. That's ephemeral anyway. I play the game because it's interesting to do and because I meet interesting people. Other people need to be #1. I don't. I do get excited when I do better than I thought, when I figure something out. If I ever end up #1 by doing my own thing, I'm sure I'll do a happy dance (though I'm sure it won't last long). But dumping a bunch of money into a game so I can say I'm number on, that's just not me.

Amitola1

Mods are not supposed to moderate any worlds they play on, so you should never run into a situation where you report a player who would read those tickets.
Thanks but it really doesn't matter. INNO will do something about it or they won't. I won't lose any sleep over it.

Orius Maximus

I would agree with this if there would be a reduction in the person's boosts when they fight in a lower era. What fun is it to fight Iron Age troops with Iron Age troops when you have 1000x their boosts? Not that it would actually be fighting. It would be just another click, click, click of the auto button. You want excitement? Start a new city and only battle manually. It's actually the best part of the fighting portion of the game.

Manual fighting is too slow for any meaningful amount of GvG or GbG play. Now this is mitigated somewhat if an active guild has several players all fighting at once so each has to do relatively fewer fights to capture a sector or province. But it is mostly quantity over quality in both. Someone who wants to play more casually can probably get away with it more in GbG since there's more fighting spread out during the day and provinces aren't locked down as hard as GvG sectors. In addition, since a GvG fight can be any one of up to 8 different fights, it's harder to predict exactly what you'll be up against depending on what guilds put in their DAs. So usually the approach is to pick the unit with best defense for the age and pair it up with 6-7 rogues so they can withstand more damage. GbG always has one army for each fight and the player can see the army, so each fight can be more tailored to the situation.

But yes, if I'm doing 100-150 GbG fights in one sitting, you're damn right I'm going to spam auto so I can get it over with.

I don't want or need what GvG or GBG offer. I enjoy other parts of the game, and I can play them any time of day that is convenient. I can play a lot on some days, or I can not play at all if I so choose, as I did on my recent trip to San Diego with my wife. My cities were still here when I logged in again, and I didn't have to worry about whether I got kicked from some rinky dink guild. As far as the comment that I "shut myself off from anyone else playing the game", I have had much socialization in the past in the game, but it is not something I seek out or need at this time. Although if someone messages me, I respond to them to whatever degree that they want to socialize.

That depends on the quality of the guild. If you're a reliable guild member, and you tell the guild leadership that you'll be away from the game for a while, they'll accommodate you. At the very least, if you're taking a break for 2-3 weeks, they might temporarily remove you while sending you an invite so you can come back when you're done or make sure you can return later. The real hardcore guilds might not do this, but they're not worth it in the first place IMO. But you'd probably prefer a guild that allows casual play rather than dictating players' every move anyway.

It is true, they don't know how to fix GvG. GbG is a poor substitute. I find it very interesting that their NEW and Improved GBG still puts you to sleep worse than the original. Maybe they should advertise FOE as a great natural sleep aide.
I personally think the new GBG update would be much better if the buildings weren't so damn expensive. discouraging farming is great, but making it so you screw over every single guild who isn't top tier is stupid

jaymoney23456

I personally think the new GBG update would be much better if the buildings weren't so damn expensive. discouraging farming is great, but making it so you screw over every single guild who isn't top tier is stupid
Discouraging farming is rotten! Those that dislike farming are the weak guilds that could not partake because they could not swap even a small portion of a map quickly. I agree the goods for the camps could be reduced but this will not help the weaker guilds, as they will still be greatly outmatched by the strong gbg guilds.

PJS299

Discouraging farming is rotten! Those that dislike farming are the weak guilds that could not partake because they could not swap even a small portion of a map quickly. I agree the goods for the camps could be reduced but this will not help the weaker guilds, as they will still be greatly outmatched by the strong gbg guilds.
Att was invented for a reason. Farming was a loophole, and although many people liked it, it wasn't the point of GBG.

jaymoney23456

Att was invented for a reason. Farming was a loophole, and although many people liked it, it wasn't the point of GBG.
I never ended a day at 0 attrition when we swapped the map with other guild to farm rewards. So, attrition is still there even when one can get in many fights without gaining attrition.

Big Snafu

GvG is the primary thing that has kept me playing the game over the years. We get together nightly at reset time on discord and work together within our guild and with our allies to fight our enemies. It's nice that some nights we're done in under 30 minutes, but it's a steady nightly time. These people that I get on discord with have become my friends over the years. GbG doesn't do this because it goes on all day and night long. GvG is about the team, GbG is about individual rewards. It will likely be the end of the game for about 25 of us that get on nightly. I understand there's no money directly from GvG for Inno, but the GvG players pay money for events to build up their stats for fighting. It will be a sad day for my friends and me when GvG dies.