• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.199

Emberguard

Mobile Bug on new update! Cannot access Event Log from town hall nor my profile from
player Social Bar in D world on iPad App. Game closes when attempting either action.
I have deleted and reinstalled the App twice and still get same issue.
I have something similar happening on mobile/Android/Kindle. I can open my event history from my Town Hall, and can choose, e.g., Trade Events without problem but if I chose Great Building Events (only) the game crashes.
This is a known issue

Dominator - X

Why is the abort option on the quests now so much slower than before the changes, it happened exactly to same on Beta
after the last changes there, now you have to wait for it to decide whether to allow the option.
It has been stated on Beta that the delay has been added intentionally. The obvious reason being to slow down the completion of RQs. It is also further theorized the real reason is to slow down those using clicker bots. Similar to the theorized reason behind the forced zoom in the 'improved' production box.

So once again Inno decides to make everyone suffer because Inno allows the few to continue to abuse the system Inno put in place. Sucks that kicking the players using the bots isn't an option, I guess they must buy diamonds too. So the masses suffer, the cheaters merely slowed, not thwarted.

If left unchecked, this is the trend that will kill the game. Make the game increasingly unplayable to slow the cheaters they won't kick. Cheaters unaffected by the change, they're not clicking the mouse anyway. But the rest are affected. Every day, every click. More and more stuff to do in game and now Inno decides to make the basics slower to execute. Not smart business.

There is no point at which slowing down the game makes a bot NOT profitable. In fact, every slow down gives further justification to the bot, increasing the benefits to those who use them. But there is a point the game becomes unplayable for the masses who don't cheat. Does Inno really want to start testing which one of these becomes the proverbial straw for various players?

Kick the cheaters, no matter who they are. In fact, a few long time, high profile accounts on each world suddenly disappearing would largely stop it cold, but instead Inno will now subject the honest player base to 1,000 cuts until we've finally had enough..

Everyone has their own breaking point. What's yours?
I thought it was my computer or connection causing this. I refreshed the web page several times and even restarted my computer. This usually fixes non-server issues. But.... it didn't. Now I know why. Terrible "update" if this is true.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Maybe I'm not seeing it....i just refreshed the game (win10/chrome) and aborted a few RQs, and they refreshed with new ones in about 2-3 seconds. Is this the issue?

Dominator - X

How does one get 9k fights a day? I'm tired of selecting units and clicking auto after fight 50 or so.
High troop boosts and no attrition. With high attack and defense boosts, you take very little "injury" to your troops so you don't have to swap them out much, if at all. With several no attrition targets in GBG, you can fight endlessly. I am not quite there yet, but I have friends who can take an entire Province in the DL in less than 5 minutes. Add PvP and GvG, those fights accumulate fast. Though 9000 does seem a wee bit high.

Dominator - X

It seems that every time you guys go in to "FIX" something, you break more than you fix. Have you ever heard the phrase, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." ? And my breaking point is having no control over your city in regards to whom puts what in your Great Buildings. There should be a way to deny placement of FP's. It literally has affected the way I run MY city.
There is a way. Keep it locked until ready to level. Have "investors" ready to contribute the moment you unlock it. Works well for me when my Arc and other GB's are/were in the sweet spot.

"And my breaking point is having no control over your city in regards to whom puts what in your Great Buildings. There should be a way to deny placement of FP's"
A good part of my income is from skillful contributing. Would hate to see INNO change this and take away my ability to be an altruist philanthropist.

Has the art of benevolence been lost in every aspect of life? Even FOE life?

Algona

take an entire Province in the DL in less than 5 minutes. Add PvP and GvG, those fights accumulate fast. Though 9000 does seem a wee bit high.

160 fights in 5 minutes is a fight every 2 seconds. Impressive. Did you use a stopwatch?

Do you think one of them could do that 50 times in a day?

16,000 Fights in one day is the equivalent of singlehandedly taking 200 GvG Sectors or 100 GBG Provinces. In one day. While this one player is doing that, what would the rest of their 70 player Guild be doing?

It's not GBG or GvG, it's spamming the fighting RQ thousands of times per day.

Which is what prompted this 'delay RQ fix'.

----------

Dear INNO,

Instead of delaying all RQs for all players maybe try something radical?

Maybe something crazy like getting rid of the fighting RQs?

kthnxbai, QuitShootingYourselfInTheFoot

Last edited:

lemur

I'm betting very few people quit the game over this.

Sabotaging critical game features is a good way to motivate players to find something else to occupy their free time.

We complained about it on Beta, but once again the players are ignored.
This is a terrible change! I looked forward to my UBQs, now they are going to make my cry when I see them!
Seriously, the unbirthday change is terrible. It will completely change the way I play the game and makes my Chateau significantly less useful. Change it back!
Well I have stopped running RQs, so yeah it’s changed my game. Now I need to decide if I want to retool my city to still provide efficient goods. I also need to come up with a new long term plan for my main city. Assuming I decide I want to do those things I’ll keep playing, or I’ll decide I’ve had enough and quit.
It is a crappy move, Inno. And, I'm sure I can file a ticket and get my 50 gas back, but it honestly isn't worth my time.
Maybe I should nuture that feeling and break this addiction.
the improvements stunk in beta and they still stink here. save me time and just tell me you don't want people like me to play your game
I've thought it over and this change to the UBQs is just too radical for a strategy game and even if it is changed back immediately, I really don't see much sense playing this game. Why should I spend my time and money to do things and have the goal posts changed? How can you trust a company that will do this? I'm shutting down my cities.

Tony 85 the Generous

160 fights in 5 minutes is a fight every 2 seconds. Impressive. Did you use a stopwatch?

16,000 Fights in one day is the equivalent of singlehandedly taking 200 GvG Sectors or 100 GBG Provinces. In one day. While this one player is doing that, what would the rest of their 70 player Guild be doing?

----------

Dear INNO,

Why punish everyone and every RQ when only one is causing the problem?

Yugi the 7empest

Here is what I'm confused about: If we know that 16K fights is impossible to do without a bot, and that using a bot for any purpose is cheating, and that cheating is a breach of the TOS and can/should result in account suspension, and we have the DBs to show those who are doing the 16K fights a day....then why are these accounts not suspended?

If Inno knows who these folks are, and does nothing about those accounts, we can only assume that Inno condones THOSE cheaters. Lengthening RQ times is casting a wide net in hopes of detering some of the bot users while all the while they have information that specifically shows who bot users are. So some cheaters are OK while others need game changes to deter their cheating? If I am wrong here, by all means let me know.

In the big scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal. If we still want to cycle through RQs, it will take a little longer. What I think is the big deal is the obvious double standard. I would be OK if Inno had said, "We don't like RQs and we are going to make changes to slow it down". Fine. But don't insult my intelligence and claim you want to stop bot using when you do nothing about the bot users that can easily be identified.

Dominator - X

----------

Dear INNO,

I was not there, so, no stopwatch. No reason not to believe them, however. I can take a DL province in less than 20 minutes when there is 0 attrition, though I have to swap troops every few battles or so. So, yes, I can definitely see taking one in 5 minutes if all I am doing is auto-battling and never having to swap troops. I am no where near that yet, but I have cut my time down from 45 minutes. Which..... I thought was impressive until hearing from others who can do it in the 5 - 10 minute range. Which inspired me to work on my troop boosts.

Never mentioned sustaining that level of play. Just mentioned it as a reference.

The comment I replied to was disputing 9,000 fights a day not 16,000. However, I acknowledged that 9,000 does seem a wee bit high. (Threw the Irish in there for free in view of the current EQ).

Maybe they are in a much smaller guild. Remember: Not all guilds have 70 members. Some are even comprised of........ 1.

BTW: What is a fighting RQ? I am still at a lower age, so is this something that is added to the RQ's at a later era?

I think there should be a Hard cap on each repeating quest per day to limit those bots people are using.
With aborting a quest counting for that cap as well.