• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl Grand Prize Impossible to get with Out Diamonds.

R.D.

I have been playing for three years. Never missed a grand prize and never had to use diamonds to get one. Inno has sunk to a whole new low. My days in the game are drawing to a close if this is the direction we are headed.

xivarmy

It's not impossible, but it is narrow. There's two strategies that should work:

1) Always +1 progress coach, Always shortest player, 1200 yards requiring ~+600ish footballs from incidents.

2) Mostly +1 progress coach. Occasionally x2 league coach to finish in bronze league (say ~240-320 yards worth). Always shortest player. 1040 yards.

P C C

The progress coach approach worked for me, I got to level 10 a couple of days ago and just need to finish the quest for the final kit. I've switched to the league coach to improve my chances of staying in Bronze for an extra kit and might have managed an extra kit by sticking with the progress coach and getting the extra yards. I do only have one city so the footballs from the Inno email go to it, and I got luckier than usual with diamonds

Dursland

I spent on Ultimate Coach, which seems to have been enough. I agree with you, they are pushing too hard towards pay to play.

Fall Event was the same way, I had to spend 1k diamonds to get the full building and I saw so many level 8 sunflowers around after the event.

Mor-Rioghain

I don't know about impossible to achieve but with my cities it hasn't even been improbably excepting one:
Dunarsand is my main and I did purchase extra turns + the upper tier package, so I think the other 5 are pretty reflective of standard odds. I didn't choose any coaches but the daily prize coach when the prize was something I wanted, so no advantage in terms of progression on the field. I'm in Bronze League on all but Carthage (Amateur) and Dunarsand (Gold).

Parkog 372, L6, 1 KIt, 1 Base
Mt K 926, L9, 1 Base
Dunarsand 370. 2 Full, 2 Kits, 2 Upgrades
Tuulech 808, L7, 1 Kit, 1 Base
Carthage 455, L8, 1 Kit, 1 Base
Dilmun 656, L8, Base

So Parkog is my "mule." I'll probably purchase extra turns if my luck doesn't change before the end of the event but only on pricipal. I have gotten to the point where I refuse to walk away from a good building like this one without it being fully leveled in my more developed cities (P, M, and D). IDK what the stats buffs would say about my numbers but they do seem to suggest pretty strongly that you can actually win the entire building without benefit of purchasing anything extra. 4 of 5 cities that most likely will achieve that? Sounds like pretty good odds to me.

Cyrus the Adequate

It's not impossible, but it is narrow. There's two strategies that should work:

1) Always +1 progress coach, Always shortest player, 1200 yards requiring ~+600ish footballs from incidents.

2) Mostly +1 progress coach. Occasionally x2 league coach to finish in bronze league (say ~240-320 yards worth). Always shortest player. 1040 yards.
I'm on track to have one full Pizzeria in each of 4 cities, with no need for diamonds, using strategy (1). If I get Bronze or above, I'll have at least one extra base and one upgrade in each, as well. Yes, this includes the final quest upgrade reward.

Got 2 bases but somehow am on track to fail to get a full building. Never had that happen before. As far as I'm concerned the complaints are actually right this time. And yes, I used the progress coach and used the most efficient receiver each time. Next time this happens I'm done.

Johnny B. Goode

I think I hear this complaint EVERY event. And the person complaining has always been playing for 3 or 4 years and have never failed to secure the top EB level in the past.

It's like Deja Vu all over again.
I've been playing for almost 8 years and have rarely, if ever, failed to get the fully upgraded event building in any event I fully participated in. This time I might* get the fully upgraded building in 3 of my 5 active cities, but will fail in the other two.

*If I keep my tenuous hold on Bronze League I will get the final upgrade. I'm not counting on it in any of the 3 cities.

Darkest.Knight

4 yds/play + 1 yd coach=1 extra upgrade, my building is complete and will have 1 extra upgrade when event ends. Wish I had saved all of my footballs for SO, oh well, did pretty well on WP's and checkerboards.

Last edited:

Cyrus the Adequate

This time I might* get the fully upgraded building in 3 of my 5 active cities, but will fail in the other two.
How? Seriously, how?

I've gone 4 for 4 without spending any diamonds, and didn't need the Bronze award to get any of them. To be fair, two of them came down pretty close to the wire, with only 3 plays left after the final upgrade, but they all got there.

Johnny B. Goode

How? Seriously, how?

I've gone 4 for 4 without spending any diamonds, and didn't need the Bronze award to get any of them. To be fair, two of them came down pretty close to the wire, with only 3 plays left after the final upgrade, but they all got there.
Well, maybe you got a lot luckier with Footballs from Incidents. I am almost two full football fields away from another upgrade in every city, and the three where I am in Bronze League, I am near the bottom with no guarantee to stay there through the end of the event. If I drop out of Bronze League in any of them I will not get the final upgrade in that city, and the two where I'm below Bronze League I will end up two upgrades short.

xivarmy

How? Seriously, how?

It *is* razor-tight. One of the worlds I'm trying for it on I haven't spent any footballs yet (will spend them tonight). Looking at the total on it, it appears I only got 200 from incidents on that world - I've started trying to think if I missed my daily connection on it at any point, because I know on some worlds I've gotten 200 from a single incident! so 200 total seems *really* low. This is going to be short of the 1200 yards needed to not care about league. I'll probably tweak it using the second strategy I mentioned above to try and "make sure" I finish in bronze league + the 1040.

Also since the sentinel outpost special came in, the mark for bronze league is way higher today - yesterday I thought I'd hit bronze easy everywhere even with just the +1 coach. Today I'm not so sure.

xivarmy

It should also be noted that some of the people who have found it "easy", may have been keen off the mark. If you made it past the first touchdown and collected the grand prize *before* their balance tweaks, you got an extra upgrade (the 80 yard prize used to be an upgrade, is now a selection kit - but if you already collected the upgrade they just added the bonus selection kit to your inventory *as well*)

Xenosaur

@xivarmy
Also since the sentinel outpost special came in, the mark for bronze league is way higher today - yesterday I thought I'd hit bronze easy everywhere even with just the +1 coach. Today I'm not so sure.

Yeah - the math was already razor tight and now even tighter since the last apple that upsets the cart has dropped in the worst possible way (and day).

THE FINAL DAY...

A "palpable rush" for a DS that most people want and will pay for and...on the last day!. Yup, pushing UP the lower edge of the BRONZE league bracket.

That's cold, Inno! LOL... VERY calculating and "devious" on that Inno (well not really devious - ;)), but a very smart revenue creation "chess" move with your players.

I can hear you cackling with glee in the home office about how that's working out... $$$

Math rulz, players droolz...

Emberguard

Yeah - the math was already razor tight and now even tighter since the last apple that upsets the cart has dropped in the worst possible way (and day).

THE FINAL DAY...

A "palpable rush" for a DS that most people want and will pay for and...on the last day!. Yup, pushing UP the lower edge of the BRONZE league bracket.
I don't see how that'd actually make a significant difference in numbers compared to it being introduced on a different day

A lot of those numbers are free to play players who would have spent the same footballs no matter what. The only way it'd bump it up significantly beyond what would have happened regardless is if there's a high amount of diamond spenders, and if that's the case surely they would have spent anyway had it been available earlier

Johnny B. Goode

@xivarmy

THE FINAL DAY...

That's cold, Inno! LOL... VERY calculating and "devious" on that Inno (well not really devious - ;)), but a very smart revenue creation "chess" move with your players.

I can hear you cackling with glee in the home office about how that's working out... $$$

Math rulz, players droolz...
Except that I'm sure that I'm not the only one who used to spend in these situations but no longer will...mostly because of heavy-handed tactics like this. And tripling the Ultimate Coach cost...and requiring cash instead of Diamonds for the bonus prize line.

xivarmy

I don't see how that'd actually make a significant difference in numbers compared to it being introduced on a different day

A lot of those numbers are free to play players who would have spent the same footballs no matter what. The only way it'd bump it up significantly beyond what would have happened regardless is if there's a high amount of diamond spenders, and if that's the case surely they would have spent anyway had it been available earlier
It shouldn't - it mostly only makes a difference in terms of planning. i.e. someone who decided to spend them all a few days ago and thought they were comfy may no longer have enough balls to catch up because so many people waited for the sentinels (or worse, the last few hour prize :p).

From a gameplay perspective it's actually rather fitting though. The last 2 days being like the last 2 minutes of a football game. You played the whole game to get to this situation. And now you'll either win your prize or not - and the result may be surprising.

If it weren't for the diamond factor I'd even approve of the tension from the situation :)