• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge Bowl Grand Prize Impossible to get with Out Diamonds.

Pericles the Lion

The trouble with you trying to say it's the same as previous years is in the sentence I bolded. And the reason it's not the same as previous years is that they more than tripled the price of the Ultimate Coach. I notice that of the three parts of that sentence, even you couldn't honestly say that using the Ultimate Coach is "same as the previous two years." So no, the difference between the past events and this one is not "bad luck or poor choices", it's that getting the main event building fully upgraded has been made harder and more expensive. And all of you apologists denying it won't change that fact.
"same as the previous two years" is with regard to the strategy used and the results obtained. The cost of the Ultimate Coach is irrelevant in this context. As in the past, players that chose the UC got the fully levelled building, those that didn't found getting it much more difficult - but not impossible. So what that getting the fully levelled building is becoming more difficult? You have a long history of complaining that the game has become too easy. Making events more difficult should make you happy.

Feykling

I never knew about all these strategies(+1 coach n shortest yards) what happened to event box? Thats what usually got me it, i was one short this time...you should be able to get buildings playing the game not having to use tricks to accomplish the same

Johnny B. Goode

"same as the previous two years" is with regard to the strategy used and the results obtained. The cost of the Ultimate Coach is irrelevant in this context. As in the past, players that chose the UC got the fully levelled building, those that didn't found getting it much more difficult - but not impossible. So what that getting the fully levelled building is becoming more difficult? You have a long history of complaining that the game has become too easy. Making events more difficult should make you happy.
Tripling the cost of the Ultimate Coach isn't irrelevant in any context of this discussion. Not to mention that in the past you really didn't have to use the Ultimate Coach unless you were trying to go for both daily prizes and the fully upgraded main building. Now you pretty much have to use it just to guarantee the main building. How in the world would that be irrelevant? (Answer: It isn't irrelevant.)

Graviton

Tripling the cost of the Ultimate Coach isn't irrelevant in any context of this discussion.

It is because it was never needed before, so the cost of the UC this year compared to years past is completely irrelevant. The Progress Coach was still free, which is the only coach necessary for the grand prize.

"same as the previous two years" is with regard to the strategy used and the results obtained. The cost of the Ultimate Coach is irrelevant in this context. As in the past, players that chose the UC got the fully levelled building, those that didn't found getting it much more difficult - but not impossible. So what that getting the fully levelled building is becoming more difficult?

I'll reiterate that in my experience, one had to depend on incident footballs much more than in years past. I used the same planning and strategy I always have and where getting fully upgraded was a cakewalk in years past, it was a narrow thing this year. Not impossible, but more difficult.

Pericles the Lion

I'll reiterate that in my experience, one had to depend on incident footballs much more than in years past. I used the same planning and strategy I always have and where getting fully upgraded was a cakewalk in years past, it was a narrow thing this year. Not impossible, but more difficult.
Iirc, INNO has stated several times that spending diamonds is not required in order to acquire a fully levelled event building. Afaik, they never said how easy, or how difficult, getting the upgraded building would be. Based on the reports of many players, no diamonds were necessary to get the Pizzeria/Bistro this year. Some players were not successful, but this happens every event. Did getting the building become more difficult? It didn't for me but YMMV.

Johnny B. Goode

Did getting the building become more difficult? It didn't for me but YMMV.
Even if it's not truly impossible to get without Diamonds, even you can't honestly say it didn't get more difficult. In years past you could deviate slightly from perfection and still get the building without spending Diamonds. My experience with this year's event proves to me that you can no longer deviate even a fraction from the exact formula and still get the final upgrade without spending Diamonds. That's why so many of us have a problem with it. It is getting too much like work and much less like a game.
It is because it was never needed before, so the cost of the UC this year compared to years past is completely irrelevant. The Progress Coach was still free, which is the only coach necessary for the grand prize.
As I said, only if you never deviate a fraction from the exact formula. Which makes it relevant to me as far as this discussion goes.

Dursland

Iirc, INNO has stated several times that spending diamonds is not required in order to acquire a fully levelled event building.
Then they lied. I had to spend 1k diamonds in Fall Event to get the full building - did not get enough ingredients from incidents.

xivarmy

Iirc, INNO has stated several times that spending diamonds is not required in order to acquire a fully levelled event building. Afaik, they never said how easy, or how difficult, getting the upgraded building would be. Based on the reports of many players, no diamonds were necessary to get the Pizzeria/Bistro this year. Some players were not successful, but this happens every event. Did getting the building become more difficult? It didn't for me but YMMV.
It is objectively more difficult this year than last comparing same event to event. About 1000 more footballs for 1 more upgrade needed. 1000 more footballs doesn't get you 160 yards under any strategy, so some of the extra required yardage has to come from better choices, better luck, or the cushion you cleared the event by anyways last year.

The cost of the diamond coach increasing can also be viewed as an increase in difficulty for those whose strategy hinged on paying for it with free diamonds (this time they have to have made more free diamonds).

----

Is it *too difficult* is a subjective matter. I didn't find so. Some did.

It is partially obscured by luck - i.e. two players following identical "+1 yd coach, only shortest" strategies, one with good incident luck and one with awful incident luck have different results : good incident luck = i finished it easy, what's your problem ; awful incident luck = "it was impossible" (it wasn't but it required a different strategy to compensate for the bad luck)

Graviton

Did getting the building become more difficult? It didn't for me but YMMV.

My mileage did vary. That was the whole point of my post. Everybody's mileage varied because this year it was more about luck than before. I'm glad you were lucky enough that you didn't notice a difference.

It is partially obscured by luck - i.e. two players following identical "+1 yd coach, only shortest" strategies, one with good incident luck and one with awful incident luck have different results : good incident luck = i finished it easy, what's your problem ; awful incident luck = "it was impossible" (it wasn't but it required a different strategy to compensate for the bad luck)

Exactly.

Dursland

This is why I am dumping all of the "Chance for X" buildings from my city. Inno starts playing with the odds and it always seems to be adjusted down. Harder to play that game if the collection is all fixed numbers.
Yes, Crow's Nest has been sucking lately. Definitely first up on the chopping block when I get something better to replace it with.

I think that you had good luck in the past and credited it to either skill or INNO's generosity. This year you had bad luck or made poor choices and blame it on INNO. In my main city I used the Ultimate Coach and chose the most cost-effective players (same as the previous two years) and ended up with a complete building plus an extra level (same as the previous two years). In my diamond mines I used the Specials Coach and chose the most cost-effective players (same as the previous two years) and ended up short one level on the building in exchange for a LOT of daily specials (same as the previous two years). I don't see any difference in the mechanics between 2023 and 2022/2021. I'm not being "tone deaf", merely stating facts. Getting the complete building was near-certain thru following the previously mentioned strategy and collecting about 800 footballs from incidents. In each of my 5 cities I collected over 1000.
TFW you need to translate English into English and some people still don't get it! What part of "no need to spend diamonds" do you not get?

Emberguard

TFW you need to translate English into English and some people still don't get it! What part of "no need to spend diamonds" do you not get?

Progress Coach and Ultimate Coach gets the exact same result on Yards. If you couldn’t get it with Progress Coach then Ultimate Coach wouldn’t have changed your yardage, it would have only given a backup plan B on the leagues.

Pericles the Lion

You completely missed my point. The OP implied that INNO changed the event's mechanics to make it impossible to get the complete building without spending diamonds. My point was that I used the same strategy this year as I used in the past and achieved exactly the same results.

UBERhelp1

You completely missed my point. The OP implied that INNO changed the event's mechanics to make it impossible to get the complete building without spending diamonds. My point was that I used the same strategy this year as I used in the past and achieved exactly the same results.
So your point is that you felt the need to spend diamonds to get the fully leveled Pergola. Got it.

I think the fact that this thread and discussion is still going on is proof enough that this event went too far into just hoping you were lucky enough with incidents. Simple as that. If you felt the need to spend diamonds? Good for you. But spending diamonds isn't a strategy, unless the way you like to play games is to throw money at it until you get everything you wanted tied up with a nice little bow.

Johnny B. Goode

So you already needed Diamonds before this year. And used Diamonds again this year. Which disqualifies you from disagreeing with the OP's contention. If you're using Diamonds to easily get the complete building, then you have no stinking idea how hard it is without Diamonds. :rolleyes:

Pericles the Lion

I think the fact that this thread and discussion is still going on is proof enough that this event went too far into just hoping you were lucky enough with incidents. Simple as that.
Well, I think that this thread is still going on because we are waiting for a player to claim that they did not get the complete building despite (1) that they logged in EVERY day to collect incidents, (2) that they remembered to select the Progress Coach BEFORE spending a single football and (3) they selected the lowest cost/yard player EVERY time. Short of spending diamonds, this was the most effective strategy in the past and was for this year.

Pericles the Lion

So you already needed Diamonds before this year. And used Diamonds again this year. Which disqualifies you from disagreeing with the OP's contention. If you're using Diamonds to easily get the complete building, then you have no stinking idea how hard it is without Diamonds. :rolleyes:
I know that you understand the mechanics of the Forge Bowl mini-game so no need for feigned ignorance. With regard to yardage gained, using the Ultimate Coach is the same as using the Progress Coach. Therefore, since I got enough yardage to get the complete building by yardage alone using the UC I would have achieved the same result had I used the PC. I did not need any kits from League rewards to complete the building. BTW, I bought the UC for the SO2 and the extra DSs. If all I wanted was yards, I would have saved 475 diamonds and gone with the PC.

You're the one missing the point. The point being that diamonds are necessary to get a complete building. If you're using Ultimate Coach then you wouldn't actually know now would you? I don't understand how anyone wouldn't understand this simple point.

Pericles the Lion

You're the one missing the point. The point being that diamonds are necessary to get a complete building. If you're using Ultimate Coach then you wouldn't actually know now would you? I don't understand how anyone wouldn't understand this simple point.
Have you not read the other posts? There was no difference between the Ultimate Coach and the Progress Coach with respect to gaining yards. If using the UC resulted in 1200+ yards (which it did) then using the PC would have achieved the same result. I did not need to use the PC to understand this, the Coach's stats speak for themselves. You are wrong. Getting the complete building did not require spending diamonds and this has been verified by other players. If you were unsuccessful, or had to spend diamonds to be successful, then your strategy was to blame.

UBERhelp1

Well, I think that this thread is still going on because we are waiting for a player to claim that they did not get the complete building despite (1) that they logged in EVERY day to collect incidents, (2) that they remembered to select the Progress Coach BEFORE spending a single football and (3) they selected the lowest cost/yard player EVERY time. Short of spending diamonds, this was the most effective strategy in the past and was for this year.
Have you not read this thread mate? I used this strategy, and got the Pergola in only 2 of my 3 cities, because of the leagues and a lack of footballs won from incidents. In that city, I would have been required to spend diamonds. I did everything that I could, collecting every incident, completing every quest, and choosing the best players, and other people have done so too, but still fell short of achieving the last upgrade.

So no, spending diamonds wasn't required, but if you didn't spend diamonds, you basically had to hope that you were lucky enough, not able to rely on the best strategy.