• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GbG ranking system

Pericles the Lion

It is very very unlikely. Sure, maybe a couple guilds merge to create a superguild. But that would still not win many high diamond groupings in my world. I can tell you there are several guilds ranked above my guild that finished below us in the past 5 seasons when they were in our grouping. If you come in last against the high diamond (1000LP group), then move down to low-diamond or platinum and come in first - that moves you back up to the 1000 LP group - but this time with a victory under your belt. The team that can't compete in high diamond then moves down and comes back up will be ranked higher than the team that came in 2nd 3 times in a row against the high diamond group. Coming in 1st in platinum, then 8th in 1000LP, then 1st in Platinum is ranked way way higher than 2nd in 1000LP, 2nd in 1000LP, 2nd in 1000LP.
The question was can guilds that have only won in the lower leagues win in Diamond. The answer to this question is "yes". Once they win in Diamond will they be able to remain there, or will they get bounced back to Platinum, depends on the guild. Some will, some won't. However, if the guild is determined to be in Diamond they will get there. Which is what every other veteran D1000 guild did. No guild started in Diamond. They all worked their way up and fight every season to remain there.

coolmite

The question was can guilds that have only won in the lower leagues win in Diamond. The answer to this question is "yes". Once they win in Diamond will they be able to remain there, or will they get bounced back to Platinum, depends on the guild. Some will, some won't. However, if the guild is determined to be in Diamond they will get there. Which is what every other veteran D1000 guild did. No guild started in Diamond. They all worked their way up and fight every season to remain there.
And I still think it is extremely unlikely for a team to win a lower league and then *win* in high 1000LP diamond. I'm sure it is different in every world - but in my world - a team that moves up from platinum or low diamond to high diamond almost always moves back down the next season. If you want to ask "can" they... sure anything is possible, but that doesn't make it likely. It certainly doesn't make it a reason to keep the terrible ranking system in place.

Ebeondi Asi

The problem with all these questions and comments is that so much depends on the match-ups in each season between the Guilds.
(We, the cabal that rules this Galaxy all like to play Foe. And actually operate across all Worlds

Last edited:

WillyTwoShoes

(I play three Worlds fully)
In the interest of brevity I pulled out this small passage of yours. It does not reflect your full text in which you detailed each guilds winning seasons.

You have to know that some players could look at your post and see that not only are the bigger fighting guilds monopolizing their GBG playing fields they actually operate across servers also.

Dursland

If the rankings are based on LP then only points earned in the league should count.

They could keep track of VPs separately for each league and display the appropriate amount for the current rank in LP.

Edit: Dilmun badly needs this. There's a guild that bounces back and forth between diamond/platinum. They fall to Platinum every time they get to Diamond so consequently they have insane amount of vps.

Last edited:

JimCougar

In our current GBG confrontation there are three super guilds and the rest of us have a score of "0". They have no intention of letting us have even one tile. And the top guild here is actually a strong ally of ours in GvG! INNO did that! They have made Battlegrounds absolutely unplayable for the majority of players!! What is the point in 90% of us playing this game anymore if we are not even allowed a single tile on the map?

Dominator - X

In our current GBG confrontation there are three super guilds and the rest of us have a score of "0". They have no intention of letting us have even one tile. And the top guild here is actually a strong ally of ours in GvG! INNO did that! They have made Battlegrounds absolutely unplayable for the majority of players!! What is the point in 90% of us playing this game anymore if we are not even allowed a single tile on the map?
So, what you are saying is, you should not be in Diamond League. Until Inno fixes the match making this issue will continue.
When they hinted around at this new format, some of us were banging the drum to worn all those who were giddy that the attrition reduction cap would make everything "perfect". It wouldn't then, it didn't now and it won't in the future. It only spread the dissatisfaction with the game over a larger swath of players. There will always be exceptions, but in my experience, more players are unhappy with the new format than there were prior.

Pericles the Lion

Your guild has 54 members, many of which are pretty highly ranked. How can these other guilds stop you from taking tiles adjacent to your HQ? Before the change to GBG you faced 100% attrition when you attacked them. Now, it's 20%. The change should be helping your guild, not hurting it.

Gui Nol3d

I don’t understand what people are doing in the game who like the new system, which completely destroyed GBG. I'm a fighter and I like to fight, but with the new system, I play about an hour a day, come kill my attrition, and have nothing else to do until the next day.
What's the point of continuing to play? Many good strong players have already left this game...

Ebeondi Asi

Well... now that you asked....
I play to have fun. I have fun each day playing Foe. IF the game was folded tomorrow, I could have good memories of the fun I had for four years now. I enjoy things changing, as it keeps things new and interesting. The recent GE5 and new GbG are great!
If others seem to need some future payoff? I feel sorry for them. Because that payoff will never arrive.

Last edited:

Angry.Blanket

Well... now that you asked....
I play to have fun. I have fun each day playing Foe. IF the game was folded tomorrow, I could have good memories of the fun I had for four years now. I enjoy things changing, as it keeps things new and interesting. The recent GE5 and new GbG are great!
If others seem to need some future payoff? I feel sorry for them. Because that payoff will never arrive.
I play to have fun also But GbG and GvG are still the only reason to build a city, the city serves no purpose with out GbG GvG.

Ebeondi Asi

I play to have fun also But GbG and GvG are still the only reason to build a city, the city serves no purpose with out GbG GvG.
So do you think GbG is going on a trip somewhere? Seems to me GbG just got better? Plus the probability there will be a third island for GbG using city boost coming soon! Which I look forward to. (and the usual players threatening they will rage quit, or claiming everyone else is quitting... ?)
And the mysterious Guild Raids should be coming soon.

Angry.Blanket

So do you think GbG is going on a trip somewhere? Seems to me GbG just got better? Plus the probability there will be a third island for GbG using city boost coming soon! Which I look forward to. (and the usual players threatening they will rage quit, or claiming everyone else is quitting... ?)
And the mysterious Guild Raids should be coming soon.
I think it got worse, GbG is no longer fun,now my playing time is limited, Now I log on and burn my att in 20 minutes and done for the day.
I know you like change, but change for the sake of change is not good, I like the flavor of chocolate ice cream, it would make me sad if they changed the flavor of chocolate ice cream. If a person doesn't like or is bored with chocolate ice cream they can try another flavor not change the flavor of chocolate.
I expect Guild raids to take the same or similar path as the current GbG and GE so I dont think it will be much fun.

Pericles the Lion

I think it got worse, GbG is no longer fun,now my playing time is limited, Now I log on and burn my att in 20 minutes and done for the day.
I know you like change, but change for the sake of change is not good, I like the flavor of chocolate ice cream, it would make me sad if they changed the flavor of chocolate ice cream. If a person doesn't like or is bored with chocolate ice cream they can try another flavor not change the flavor of chocolate.
I expect Guild raids to take the same or similar path as the current GbG and GE so I dont think it will be much fun.
I don't think that they changed the flavor of the chocolate ice cream. Instead, they limited the portion size. You can no longer get AYCE. Now, to get your fill, you need to patronize more than one ice cream store. Put differently, if you want more game time you can always start a new city.

Angry.Blanket

I don't think that they changed the flavor of the chocolate ice cream. Instead, they limited the portion size. You can no longer get AYCE. Now, to get your fill, you need to patronize more than one ice cream store. Put differently, if you want more game time you can always start a new city.
I totally understand that I can now play the way someone else wants me to instead of the way I enjoyed it, but I dont want to start any more citys I cant see going to the trouble of building another city just for another 20 minutes of game time. No matter how many citys I start GvG is gone, which changed the flavor of the game.