• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser11323

I have a question:
The guild needs to qualify to get rewards. I think the current requirement is 40 actions in total per duration of the GBG. One of the rewards is fragments of Statue of Honor. I'm wondering, if the reward is qualified, does that mean that those fragments are received by all guild members?

Emberguard

I have a question:
The guild needs to qualify to get rewards. I think the current requirement is 40 actions in total per duration of the GBG. One of the rewards is fragments of Statue of Honor. I'm wondering, if the reward is qualified, does that mean that those fragments are received by all guild members?
Yes

DeletedUser39462

Well tough . Plan better so guildies have a guideline where to go if they're on at different times or don't be pissed about members going rogue as they want their rewards .
Let's not substitute one issue with another and change the subject. The request is to have an activity log. GvG has it, so should GBG.

DeletedUser40996

Let's not substitute one issue with another and change the subject. The request is to have an activity log. GvG has it, so should GBG.
And the only purpose that would serve in GbG is to make it so the "leaders" can see who's not butt kissing instead of actually working on leadership and trying to figure out why some players are rogue.

DeletedUser39462

That, plus folks who are NOT butt kissing and have strong opinions that are not liked by leadership, yet still play within the guild rules, are cleared of any suspicion of sabotaging operations. I am interested in the latter.

RazorbackPirate

That, plus folks who are NOT butt kissing and have strong opinions that are not liked by leadership, yet still play within the guild rules, are cleared of any suspicion of sabotaging operations. I am interested in the latter.
Please. At least be honest about your ask.

You want the log to ensure everyone is marching in lock step with how you've decided BG gets played. You want the log to identify who's not following your dictates, so you can bounce them from the guild for not following your dictates. It's your way or the doorway.

RazorbackPirate

This remains to be seen. I'm not sure that it does satisfy that requirement since you aren't actually actively donating anything (the same reason for the GBs). It's a collection that goes directly to the treasury. You don't have the option NOT to donate, which is the point. If you were to be given an option to keep OR donate and you chose donate, that would make sense. But to say you're donating something when it's automated as the function via collection is not what the devs feel meets the spirit of the ask. I agree with them.
Remains to be seen by you.

When you collect the SoH, the goods collected will fulfill any 'Donate x goods to the guild treasury' quests. I'm not convinced this is not a bug, but it is how the SoH currently works. I'm fine with the behavior either way.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Well this is "Guild" battlegrounds and not personal battleground, If you don't want to follow what guild leadership wants why are you in that guild?
Why is leadership ignoring the needs of their guild members? Why is leadership asking individual members to forgo personal advancement because leadership is putting leaderships wants over the needs of their members? Are you personally missing rewards so other members can play in Battlegrounds? Didn't think so. Why, in your arrogance, do you expect guild members to forgo personal rewards for you?

Your rogue members are responding to a lack of leadership. A leadership that is tone deaf about the needs of their members and believes that members are there to serve the leaders, having completely lost sight of the fact that the leaders are there to serve the members. Rogue members are a failure of leadership.

Fix your leadership. Don't ask me to forgo personal advancement because you can't or won't.

BruteForceAttack

Why is leadership ignoring the needs of their guild members? Why is leadership asking individual members to forgo personal advancement because leadership is putting leaderships wants over the needs of their members? Are you personally missing rewards so other members can play in Battlegrounds? Didn't think so. Why, in your arrogance, do you expect guild members to forgo personal rewards for you?

Your rogue members are responding to a lack of leadership. A leadership that is tone deaf about the needs of their members and believes that members are there to serve the leaders, having completely lost sight of the fact that the leaders are there to serve the members. Rogue members are a failure of leadership.

Fix your leadership. Don't ask me to forgo personal advancement because you can't or won't.

There are lot of wild assumptions made to fit your perspective. Generally guilds have some reasonable expectations from guild members, folks who cannot or don't want to adhere to those can form their own guild :)

RazorbackPirate

There are lot of wild assumptions made to fit your perspective. Generally guilds have some reasonable expectations from guild members, folks who cannot or don't want to adhere to those can form their own guild :)
I am very responsible to my guild and we have very high expectations, expectations most players would find quite unreasonable. Things like GE 64 for all members, every week, within 24 hours, if needed.

My guild also doesn't micromanage it's members. They encourage us to work as a team and provide leadership regardless of the guild rights we've been given. GBG has largely been leadership by consensus, with guild leadership acting more like cheerleaders than generals. We're all smart, can read the map, and make decisions accordingly.

We encourage participation and activity. No one has ever asked the question, who attacked any province. No one has ever gotten bent about someone attacking a province. There's also been no discussion in guild about needing or wanting more detailed logs.

Could be the reason we just earned platinum league and are playing on the diamond battleground. 4th smallest of 5 guilds, holding 3rd by a huge margin, giving 2nd a run for their money. We've bested 2nd twice before even though they're bigger, I'm confident we can do it again. Who knows? Maybe 2nd may try an alliance this time to finally beat us.

I stand by my 'wild assumptions'. If you have rogue members, your leadership is broken.

UBERhelp1

You know, it's funny. I'm a gbg leader in my guild (there's 60+ of us) and we have had only 1 - repeat 1- incident with someone attacking where they weren't supposed to. We talked to them and everything is good. So... if my guild is able to handle it... idk why so many others can not.

RazorbackPirate

You know, it's funny. I'm a gbg leader in my guild (there's 60+ of us) and we have had only 1 - repeat 1- incident with someone attacking where they weren't supposed to. We talked to them and everything is good. So... if my guild is able to handle it... idk why so many others can not.
Agreed. Which is why I am completely opposed to these requests. Being able to manage GBG without controls or detailed logs is what will separate the top GBG guilds from the others. As it should be.

DeletedUser39462

Please. At least be honest about your ask.

You want the log to ensure everyone is marching in lock step with how you've decided BG gets played. You want the log to identify who's not following your dictates, so you can bounce them from the guild for not following your dictates. It's your way or the doorway.
How about this (it's a long shot, but for the sake of argument): the guild decides whether to turn GBG log feature on or off. If you like chaos and anarchy, join the guild that has this turned off. Will that work for you?

Salsuero

Will that work for you?

No... because you'd still get what you want. I'm not in favor of giving guilds a means to create alliances in GBg and then force members to follow rules on how to engage or be subject to a boot. GBg was designed for EVERYONE to be able to have fun and reap personal rewards for participation. If you want GvG, there's a place for that. You're trying to take the fun out of GBg for EVERYONE, not just your own members. It's already a problem that people see GvG alliances as needing to be carried over to GBg. That's silly. It's a problem that you think you have to make alliances and force your members to follow rules of engagement in a part of the game that wasn't designed for any of that AND you feel Inno should change the entire concept to suit your leadership needs. JUST PLAY THE GAME. There's no need for any of this. Let players have fun. Let them get rewards. If you don't like where players are attacking, learn to be a more effective communicator. But seriously, no one really likes a leader that tells them they are playing the game "wrong".

RazorbackPirate

How about this (it's a long shot, but for the sake of argument): the guild decides whether to turn GBG log feature on or off. If you like chaos and anarchy, join the guild that has this turned off. Will that work for you?
No. That doesn't work for me.

In both of the guilds I'm in, we are doing just fine without them. No chaos, no anarchy, just a group of people working together in a highly decentralized command structure. No issues, no drama. No controls or detailed logs needed, or requested.

The fact that you can't get your guild under control without them gives guilds that can a competitive advantage. As it should be. Guilds that can organize without detailed logs and controls will rise to the top, those who can't, won't. I'm not in favor of electronic tools that eliminate an organized guild's competitive advantage. I'm also not in favor of tools to allow you to electronically enforce what your leadership can't inspire.

Sorry dude. Figure it out, or don't.

DeletedUser39462

No... because you'd still get what you want. I'm not in favor of giving guilds a means to create alliances in GBg and then force members to follow rules on how to engage or be subject to a boot. GBg was designed for EVERYONE to be able to have fun and reap personal rewards for participation. If you want GvG, there's a place for that. You're trying to take the fun out of GBg for EVERYONE, not just your own members. It's already a problem that people see GvG alliances as needing to be carried over to GBg. That's silly. It's a problem that you think you have to make alliances and force your members to follow rules of engagement in a part of the game that wasn't designed for any of that AND you feel Inno should change the entire concept to suit your leadership needs. JUST PLAY THE GAME. There's no need for any of this. Let players have fun. Let them get rewards. If you don't like where players are attacking, learn to be a more effective communicator. But seriously, no one really likes a leader that tells them they are playing the game "wrong".
I don't want to have to say that I didn't do something I didn't. I don't like posting things like 'I stopped', 'I didn't hit it'. Etc. This would eliminate the need. Don't see how this can give any guild an edge. Just take leaders off my effing back.

Well, I took feedback from folks in this thread and did some things different and I've additional feedback after a couple more weeks of playing GBG. I still feel it's poorly built for folks that don't have deep pockets of resources or credit card and slightly unbalanced for new players. The return on investment (ROI) is still horrible on rewards vs investment. In GE you get a reward once you accomplish a platform, but not the same in GBG. You can spend over a hundred+ resources or lose almost all your troops and get zero reward beyond the "1" point towards capturing the flag. Rewards RNG is still poor on winning and my suggested feedback is they increase the chances of winning something (At least one item) 100% of the time to offset the loss of materials and resources. At the same time when you do win it's actually pretty decent rewards, but I've won a couple and gotten nothing and I just stop after a certain point. Maybe strike a balance with 100% win that is gradually scaled in the loot tables so the rewards align in order to keep it fair for players and Inno.

Personal game play experience may vary from person to person, but this is my feedback. I'll jump in for a couple points after each reset, but no longer going beyond a certain limit of attrition. I've implemented a simple "No loot for two wins in a row and I'm out rule" and that is just my preference to keep it real and not waste further items on GBG. Right now GE still offers much better ROI on rewards for the same amount of time and resources. I'm getting the impression on a couple worlds that less people are playing GBG now (Could just be me), but if statistics show Inno the same I hope they continue to monitor the feedback threads!

Happy Forging!

DeletedUser40197

Im not going to reply to one specific message, b/c there are many pertaining to this. But managing the needs of the guild and the needs of the individual player is a huge consideration, but what's good for the guild is also good for the individual. And if you're in alliances with other guilds, that just adds an extra layer of complication, but that's part of the strategy. One rogue attack or taking a sector that hasn't been called can jeopardize an alliance that has more than likely been painstakingly put together. There tends to not be alot of trust amongst the guilds, anyway, so it doesn't take much. The time and energy and strategy it takes to be successful can be extensive, especially for high leagues. I don't think anyone other than leaders really understand what the leaders are doing behind the scenes. So it's very frustrating when members don't follow direction. My guild had been lucky in that our guildies are awesome and are really great at following leadership direction. That's not to say we don't have mishaps here and there, but they are few and far b/w. We have been trying to have sectors available for when people just jump on and want to play, so they have something to hit. However that is not always practical. If your in a guild and feel you're options are being restricted too much, that's probably not the right guild for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Catanian

Sorry @Algona, but I've said it once and I'll say it again...

Many proposals have been asking for Guild Leaders to have more controls over those participating in GBG. But you don't need them. Why? Take my Guild as an example. Besides me, a Leader, there is another Leader, one sole Founder, and the remaining 42 Guild members have lesser rights, of which only some participate in GBG. I am the main player in command of the GBG operations, but I made very damn sure my fellow Guild members knew what they were supposed to be doing. I went as far as typing a 1.000 word GBG Guide in the Guild Forum explaining with sufficient detail what we should do, where, and when. Then I reposted it in a Group Message with my Guild members who play on mobile, highlighting that they are not to respond to it, which they haven't. I wrote it after reviewing some important information and strategies that seemed to work, and I might post it here some day.
It's all a matter of how good your leadership already is. You have to make sure that your Guild members know what they are doing, and only a good leader can set guidelines that others can follow easily, without needing special rights to make the guidelines for them. Without proper guidelines from the Leaders, your Guild won't know what they should be doing and that results in chaos. If you want to microcontrol (is that even a word?) your Guild members, that is poor leadership in your part. If your Guild members aren't doing what you want them to be doing, that's poor leadership in your part. If you make it clear enough for them to understand what to do, that is good leadership in your part, and you don't need new rights to do that. I know I don't need extra rights to control my fellow Guild members, since that might have the opposite effect: less GBG participation.