• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Battlegrounds Arrival Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

RazorbackPirate

One thing that has really bothered me with statue of honor is that it uses the same three goods with a shield symbol used by atom, obs, and arc to show the amount of goods it gives, however it doesn’t function the same way. If your atom, obs, arc is at the level of +20 goods it gives says 20 goods and giving 20 of each. However, an SoH saving 20 goods gives 20 total or 4 of each. Either they should be different symbols or the wording should be changed because they don’t function the same way.
Or now that you know that they behave differently, you just deal with the fact that they behave differently. Arc, Obs, Atom, also can't be collected when not in a guild the SoH can. Where do the guild goods go? Who cares? The SoH can be used to fulfill guild Ggods donation quests, while GBs cannot.

The wording is also fine. It says when collecting you guild will get 50 goods, which is exactly the number of goods the guild treasury receives. My Arc says it gives 162 of each current age good, which is exactly the number of guild goods the treasury receives.

Not seeing the issue here.

DeletedUser38714

Or now that you know that they behave differently, you just deal with the fact that they behave differently. Arc, Obs, Atom, also can't be collected when not in a guild the SoH can. Where do the guild goods go? Who cares? The SoH can be used to fulfill guild Ggods donation quests, while GBs cannot.

The wording is also fine. It says when collecting you guild will get 50 goods, which is exactly the number of goods the guild treasury receives. My Arc says it gives 162 of each current age good, which is exactly the number of guild goods the treasury receives.

Not seeing the issue here.
No your says it gives 162 it does not say 162 of each. Check it that’s my point. They say the same thing and use the same symbol, but they don’t do the same thing. Also, for some reason SoH collections count as donating goods to the treasury for quests and Arc/atom/obs do not. I don’t really care either way but it’s weird they don’t act the same way.

Algona

No your says it gives 162 it does not say 162 of each.

Arc and Obs (sorry I don;t own an Atomium) on PC: "Produces 999 of each current good for your guild treasury." next to a display of the Treasury Goods icon.

SoH on PC displays no words, just the Treasury Goods icon and a number.

I suspect part of your problem with thinking there is inconsistency here is you not understanding what the Treasury Goods icon means.

I also think part of your problem is expecting consistency between GBs and SBs.

----------

I'd appreciate it if you be very careful what you are saying here.

You're not being specific in what if any changes you want made combined with INNO's long history of giving us what we ask for, not necessarily what we really want.

In this case,your concerns about consistency could be assuaged by giving SoH the same verbage as the GBs and take away SoH fulfilling Quests.

Is that really what you want? To take away some SoH functionality?

Prolly not? So please be careful how you phrase things.

Vger

Arc and Obs (sorry I don;t own an Atomium) on PC: "Produces 999 of each current good for your guild treasury." next to a display of the Treasury Goods icon.
It depends on where you look. On PC, the hover text does say Produces X of each.
On both PC and mobile, if you look at the Overview tab for the GB, the text is just +X goods every 24hr.

Don't see this as a big deal. At most, change the text on the overview tab, but not sure that is even worth the effort. Collect from the building then look at guild treasury contributions, you'll see what got donated.

Algona

It depends on where you look.

Sure. The Information Tab on the specific GB Great Building Window you'll see next to the Treasury Goods icon "Production Bonus: Guild Goods Produces 999 of each current good for your guild treasury."

The official wiki has just the Treasury Goods Icon and just number for the GBs and the SoH.

Can anyone misinterpret these or miss that there are differing explanations? Yup. Will this drive consistency folks nuts? Yup.

I'll repeat. Be very careful what you ask for here.

I'd rather see confused players and hobgoblinned posters then INNO implementing another one of their gifts of giving us exactly what we ask for.

boeffie

Never thought twice about it, tbh, SoH says 20 goods, it delivers 20 goods, pretty clear.

I have a question about placement of guilds on the GBG maps, I read elsewhere (but impossible to find now), that lowest MMR takes top north, then the rest clockwise in ascending MMR.
How does this placement get applied if the 2 top guilds have the exact same MMR?

Kranyar the Mysterious

Never thought twice about it, tbh, SoH says 20 goods, it delivers 20 goods, pretty clear.

I have a question about placement of guilds on the GBG maps, I read elsewhere (but impossible to find now), that lowest MMR takes top north, then the rest clockwise in ascending MMR.
How does this placement get applied if the 2 top guilds have the exact same MMR?
Correct about the order.

Not sure about what happens if the guilds have the same mmr, haven't seen it occur yet. Probably will in my Mt.K guild after this season, but that doesn't help now.

Agent327

Because of the staring values exact same MMR is not very likely. If it did happen, being on the same map wouldn't be very likely as well.

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

BNecause ogf the staring values exact same MMR is not very likely. If it did happen, being on the same map wouldn't be very likely as well.
Once two guilds reach the max 1000 mmr, they will have exactly the same mmr, and are guaranteed to face each other until there are at least 9 guilds at 1000 mmr (assuming both stay in the top half of their league every week).

My suspicion is that starting position will be based on the previous week's placement, but don't actually know that. It could be purely random.

Agent327

Once two guilds reach the max 1000 mmr, they will have exactly the same mmr, and are guaranteed to face each other until there are at least 9 guilds at 1000 mmr (assuming both stay in the top half of their league every week).

My suspicion is that starting position will be based on the previous week's placement, but don't actually know that. It could be purely random.

In that case, most likely following GE. First one is first.

EnamIccug

You'll either be amused or annoyed with how lazy Inno is being when you realize what the actual tiebreaker is for two (or more) guilds with the same MMR.

Vger

Just about as lazy, but no. Guild creation date. There are 3 guilds with identical MMR who all could possibly be the 5th guild in our Diamond/Plat BG, so it seems like a somewhat common scenario. Which just makes it even worse that they use a tiebreaker that's so terrible.
I'm going to guess it is even lazier than that. My guess is this is driven by a database query, and they only specify a single sort order (ORDER BY): MMR.
In the case of a tie, the database engine can do whatever it wants, it's *random* but only sort of. It's reasonably common to see older records in the database come out before later records, even though you didn't ask for older first. And...don't count on it. Some bit of database tuning might change the order completely next season.

Also, just curious, who cares? Is 2 O'Clock really that much worser than 3?

ETA: *Random wasn't really the right word. It's non-deterministic, which is a bit like being random, but different.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I'm going to guess it is even lazier than that. My guess is this is driven by a database query, and they only specify a single sort order (ORDER BY): MMR.
In the case of a tie, the database engine can do whatever it wants, it's *random* but only sort of. It's reasonably common to see older records in the database come out before later records, even though you didn't ask for older first. And...don't count on it. Some bit of database tuning might change the order completely next season.

Also, just curious, who cares? Is 2 O'Clock really that much worser than 3?

ETA: *Random wasn't really the right word. It's non-deterministic, which is a bit like being random, but different.
Well, that could actually be fair if the guild that got the mmr first us technically ranked "higher".

The only issue that may present is that the top 3 teams may perpetually face off in the same league, even if there are 16, 32, whatever guilds sitting at 1000 mmr.

Vger

Because of the staring values exact same MMR is not very likely.
The Birthday Paradox would like to have a word or 2 with you about that assumption.
If you aren't familiar with the Birthday Paradox, you can always [redacted] it.

The Pigeonhole principal is also chomping at the bit to say...hey ME TOO! ME TOO!. But you know how pigeons are. Too lazy to actually do the math. They just want to go home.
If you aren't familiar with the Pigeonhole principal, you can always [redacted] it.

But, wow....Proof by Counter Example is just sitting here going LOL, LMFAO. Anyone who spends any time here would know to look at the data @dontwannaname has posted to see if the data confirms "exact same MMR is not very likely". It doesn't. But some people can't be bothered to search before posting nonsense.
If you aren't familiar with Proof by Counter Example, you can always [redacted] it.

DeletedUser31335

Been playing Guild Battleground from the start. This is what I found. Negotiating is way to expensive. It eats goods like candy. The few days of rest between is not enough time to build supplies or enough to play the next round. I don't know if this proves to be true with all but it seems that the game picks on mostly previous era goods. Using defense buildings depletes the treasury fast also. Looks like Inno finally found a way for players to spend more diamonds.

Am I imagining things or was there an explanation in this discussion of the difference between points and advances? And how advances were more important? I have tried the search function and just looked and looked and can’t find it.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Am I imagining things or was there an explanation in this discussion of the difference between points and advances? And how advances were more important? I have tried the search function and just looked and looked and can’t find it.
One advance by fighting equals one point, One advance by negotiating equals two points.

Negotiations give more points because you always expend goods, versus fighting that may not cost any troops. Fighting is usually much faster as well.