• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition Changes

Very disappointed with the GE and it's hyped changes. The "New" rewards were meter at best. I saw them come up twice in Level 4. The great increase in difficulty talked about, turned into nothing more then forcing the use of Medals without the benefit of any being offered for winning. 18 Medals were called upon 1 time, the highest amount I've seen.

I did get an OLD FACE upgrade Kit with the ToR but all other Relics were normal. All in All, was not impressed.

DeletedUser31499

I love playing GE. In FE with a 770/455 bonus it’s autofight all the way with maybe losing 4 or 5 troops toward the end in level 4. Some weeks you win the medals and some weeks you win the diamonds. Over time it’ll average out to 50%. If you have trouble with level 4 the trick is to level up your fighting buildings until it becomes easy. Now I try not to rush and will be done with GE on Thursday. If I have trouble with level 4 and it’s increased difficulty I’ll just level up my fighting buildings until I don’t.

Nicholas002

and the first 3 levels are fine by me .... I was just able to get into 4th level after the Hippodrome def bonus .... now I wont bother ... I do not own level 800000000 CdM Aachen and Zeus to auto battle and breeze through with medals ..... but if you need to get through 16 units with your simple 8 ..... i think you may need to heal a unit here and there ..... how do you heal a unit ? diamonds ..... that is paying
only time I would ever consider healing a unit would be if it was an above age unit, that you can't replace.
7 rogues+ whatever and a modest attack boost should be able to beat most level 4 battles without having to heal units. Once you start losing too many troops, why not negotiate? the diamonds, FP, and SBs are worth the goods and tavern silver needed to negotiate GE 4 IMO.

still wonder why you think GE is a diamond sink... most people consider it a diamond farm... interesting mindset...

Plain Red Justice

Huh, what do you mean GE level 4 is difficult? I could 64/48 just fine even with a level 1 AO, level 6 Zeus, level 4 CdM and a level 4 CoA. To me this seems that Inno is finally fixing his mistakes

KeithOfTheForge

Did they change the medal cost per extra attempt? I know it increases with every attempt purchased but I noticed yesterday that, towards the end, I was paying over 1 million medals per attempt. I don't remember it being that high before.

Zatrikon

To me, the main issue is time. I'm in SAAB, and I'm spending all my time trying to get Asteroid Ice. I don't have the time to that, and also GBG and GE too.

Probably would have been better to just get rid of level 1 GE. Less low-level grind for low-level rewards. It would be nice, and save time, to be able to skip the "tutorial level".

Reese7990

Very disappointed with the GE and it's hyped changes. The "New" rewards were meter at best. I saw them come up twice in Level 4. The great increase in difficulty talked about, turned into nothing more then forcing the use of Medals without the benefit of any being offered for winning. 18 Medals were called upon 1 time, the highest amount I've seen.

I did get an OLD FACE upgrade Kit with the ToR but all other Relics were normal. All in All, was not impressed.
Wait..you got a new upgrade in a relic? I had thought that was not possible...this is great news if so!

Last edited:

Reese7990

For more advanced players, the gold relics are generally more valuable than the jade relics. These new upgrades likely make the situation worse. There is an exception to this, however. One of the gold relics awards a tiny amount of medals. Medals! Seriously? I have 28 million of them. They are pretty much worthless after you have purchased the maximum number of expansions. Now, when I hit a gold relic, only to discover medals I want to pitch my computer into the lake. It's very frustrating. I'd suggest scraping that gold relic entirely. And, I'd wish you'd add a greater variety of jade relics, perhaps one that awards 200 fps or 500 goods.

I've recieved store buildings as Jade Relics...talk about wanting to burn something down...so disappointing.

DevaCat

To me, the main issue is time. I'm in SAAB, and I'm spending all my time trying to get Asteroid Ice. I don't have the time to that, and also GBG and GE too.

Probably would have been better to just get rid of level 1 GE. Less low-level grind for low-level rewards. It would be nice, and save time, to be able to skip the "tutorial level".
I get where you're coming from, but I'd bet a lot of beginners would disagree about that level 1 bit. I think Inno missed the boat and should have made an insanely hard level 5 for all who are at the point of being bored and/or looking for more goodies.

DevaCat

you've got to be kidding me .... i have a level 14 zeus , a level 11 Aachen and a level 14 CdM ...... plus any other buildings that adds attack/ def bonus and STILL lose units in level 2 auto battles......... thankfully they are attached units .

so

does it matter what age I am in or is it just me or my imagination that i see units go down in auto battle ?
You have heard of the Traz, right? Rotate damaged units out between encounters, replace with new meat? (Psst: no diamonds required)

Or, work on those boosts? Or, manual battle? It's not your imagination: units do go down in auto battle. :)

Jern2017

I'm in the PME. I'm still able to autobattle through all 64 encounters. I got one Ritual Flame upgrade kit and I'll see if I can score a FoY shrink kit on my Diamond farm.

RazorbackPirate

This is INNO's way to turn CRAPOLA into GOLD .... no one here buys it BUT YOU
The stats are the stats, regardless of anyone's opinion about them. I'm also not buying anything, I play for free.
you've got to be kidding me .... i have a level 14 zeus , a level 11 Aachen and a level 14 CdM ...... plus any other buildings that adds attack/ def bonus and STILL lose units in level 2 auto battles......... thankfully they are attached units.
Low stats from barely leveled buildings are your fault and you're choice. Then to scoff at Attack and Defense for attacking armies on a 2x2 plot, is laughable. Don't complain when you can't figure out how to play or what boosts are important.

DeletedUser37416

Not liking changes to GE. Previously had about 35 to 40% chance to get diamonds. Realistic statistics, not based on the hint given of 50%. Now reduced greatly, do not have enough samples to make analysis yet but so far 0% diamonds. I see no value in the happiness upgrades either. I give a F for the changes, possible the TF upgrade will be worth something, but giving up many diamonds to get some FP. Please remove the upgrades from 3rd platforms and put on the 1st and 2nd platforms. As it is GE is now not even worth playing anymore... will tough it out a few more weeks to get statistical data but not holding much faith. Will miss the already lower than 50% chance we had in past for diamonds. Hope the happiness upgrades st least will go for high amounts in antique dealer.
Sterkte801

DeletedUser37416

Just got to the end platforms. 11 and 15 are diamonds and medals only so they should be the same odds of getting diamonds. 10 and 14 had fountain and tf possible upgrades. Not looking near as bad as I first thought. Still tentative though.
For those asking about difficulty. My experience so far is I lose about 2x more guys than I used to. Have not done 14 yet, have already been intermittently having issues on that one for last few weeks. Will see tomorrow.
Sterkte801

DeletedUser37416

Just got to the end platforms. 11 and 15 are diamonds and medals only so they should be the same odds of getting diamonds. 10 and 14 had fountain and tf possible upgrades. Not looking near as bad as I first thought. Still tentative though.
For those asking about difficulty. My experience so far is I lose about 2x more guys than I used to. Have not done 14 yet, have already been intermittently having issues on that one for last few weeks. Will see tomorrow.
Sterkte801
15, not 14 is the tough one, sorry.