• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition- New Rewards

DeletedUser27889

I won two of those this week.
Oo really? You hit the 100 FP twice this week? Are they still it gold?

I've gotten nothing but these buildings. Just the decos and watchfire thing and the oasis wanna be in chest. Glad to see the fps are still out there

DeletedUser26154

Oo really? You hit the 100 FP twice this week? Are they still it gold?

Yes, still gold.
Those two bad boys really helped me contribute to a neighbor's Gaea Statue.

.gaia bps.png

gaia stats.png

Lots of Medals and a Mountain of Happiness.
Gaea Statue.
That's a Great Building I'll gladly install.

Kesto11

After completing the 4th difficulty (72% Att/Def in Industrial Age), I have a few comments on changes I like and those I would like to see tweaked.

1. First and foremost, having a 50/50 chance of getting the Fountain of Youth as the final prize seems okay. Having that same 50/50 chance of getting a Store Building is a slap across the face. My reward for destroying my army or breaking my bank of goods is getting an item that allows me to take a building out of my city. Am I supposed to be happy that I was rewarded an item that's use decreases the value of my city? Sure, Store Building is useful maybe once every few months of playing, but having it as a final reward is just insulting.

Alternative: Big Diamonds, Multiple Premiums, Huge Medal Pack, 50 FP, SoK, etc. Completely the 4th difficulty is quite the undertaking for the vast majority of players. I will probably delete my store building because it taunts me and clogs up my inventory.

2. Motivation Kits are worthless to anyone with a decent-sized guild and friends after a certain point. Especially after Colonial Age. These have no value whatsoever to a significant amount of people playing the game.

Alternative: One-up or Reno Kits, maybe small medals or small FP. Anything but Store building or typical decorations. Anything.

3. The new 2x2 decorations are actually useful! For the first time since my first couple weeks, there are decorations that might actually be worth putting into my city! Their happiness output is finally significant.

4. Reduce Medal cost when negotiating on 4th difficulty. I think the medal costs are a bit too high and could use a reduction.

5. Increase the size of goods packages in 4th difficulty. Negotiating will wipe out your inventory. After spending 50-100 goods on an encounter, receiving 35 back is supposed to be a reward?

6. Rewards following the completion of each difficulty. I would like to see a little reward bundle following the completion of difficulties, especially the 4th. Maybe a small amount of medals, some goods. The 4th difficulty should have a higher scaled bundle to go along with the final encounter reward. After all, it is extremely costly and many have either destroyed their army or their economy to complete it. Can I trade in my Store Building to get back the hundreds of goods I spent? I will throw in the Motivation Kits to sweeten the deal.

7. Limited Customization. This would take a lot of discussion, but it would be really cool if we were able to individually customize the rewards toward our preferences. I would love to be able to rid myself of all Store Buildings, and Motivation Kits, or reduce their odds at least in favor of something useful over .01% of the time. Perhaps this could be built into the Tavern with small increases and decreases in percentages for each reward.

8. I enjoy the FP, diamonds, and medal rewards for the most part. As mentioned earlier, medal rewards can be negated, however, because of their high cost in negotiations.

9. Get rid of the crappy decorations from ToR relics. I don't have use for a single one of them. A polished cultural building is so much more efficient, making 99% of decorations only useful for completing quests. They can be cool looking, but they have little real value.

I think that sums up most of my critiques. Overall, I think the update to GEX is headed in a great direction. I think there are a couple adjustments that can be made that would greatly improve satisfaction among the vast majority of players. As of now, I don't think the rewards are quite good enough to encourage players to consistently absorb the high costs of the 4th difficulty. I realize it is meant to be difficult to complete (and it is), but the costs as of now are too high. I look forward to seeing how this develops.

LordLupin

Questions :

I just got Terrace Farm from Jade Relic at Lvl 4.. is Terrace Farm only exclusive at Jade Relic at lvl 4? or we can get it below lvl 4?
also.. is there any of you saw Terrace Farm as a reward from defeating encounter at lvl 4 (big or small)?

wolfhoundtoo

The prizes in the relics are not determined by what level you win them on. Since it's random chance when you win a relic (and what type) any prize that comes in a relic can be won on any level.

DeletedUser27096

Questions :

I just got Terrace Farm from Jade Relic at Lvl 4.. is Terrace Farm only exclusive at Jade Relic at lvl 4? or we can get it below lvl 4?
also.. is there any of you saw Terrace Farm as a reward from defeating encounter at lvl 4 (big or small)?
I also got the Terrace Farm tonight for my last prize in Level 3. I negotiate vs fight. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Oh, and I don't have the ToR so no relics.

DeletedUser26469

I don't know about Relics, since I just finished level 3. and waiting for turns to add up, but the Treasures Chests in level 4 have absolute junk. 2 FP's for 1st, and the final one has BP's of TOR (1st 4 episodes), I cannot imagine someone playing to level 4 fighting 60% bonus troops who does not have a TOR. If you don't hit a relic every 4 fights then level 4 is absolute marketing junk

DeletedUser27889

I finished 4 and I really want to see this ToR drop table. Apart from 1 silver relic which was 2 random BPs every other relic was one of these new buildings, buildings you also get on level 3 & 4 trail so what's the point of having a ToR for them?

Yes there are ToR bps. I received them in the first chest after the first checkpoint of 4 I don't think that's a big deal though.

I really liked the 50/50 shot on the chest. Some were even just 100% fps. The rewards are better. The final chest of 4 has a 50/50 shot of a Sacred Sky Watch, the not quite as good SoK, which is what I got and fairly happy with as it's better than the Soccer Fields/Mascarade balls in terms of FP per square.

From the entirety of the levels with a lvl 3 ToR from chests to relics I received- 1 Sacred Sky watch (Lesser SoK) 1 tribal square (oasis) 4 ritual flames (lesser watchfire) 3 of the new decos.

With 2 varieties of decos now it seems you'll be receiving them at twice the rate.

While I know it's all a matter of personal preference and shouldn't really be the deciding factor in this game I find these building and decos to be incredibly ugly and would only place them in my city if I am in absolute need of what they give or if the benefits outweigh the eye sore, such as Sacred sky watch and terrace farm.

DeletedUser8420

deck???? what is it? and nerf'd by how much this time?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13838

decos (premium)...sorry. These are the new ones from GE and I'd guess by a lot. Even though they were pretty good for decos they still weren't as good as premium cultural buildings (in AF at least) so it's not like I'd have built them anyway. To be fair I don't remember seeing any feedback from beta about them either.

This is how the new premium deco compares to the old.

XmlJ5Xo.png

DeletedUser2714

Are the chest in level 4 worth it. I am mainly talking about Arctic Future era people. What are the prizes in these chest? Just trying to figure out on if it is worth spending the goods to unlock for guild.

DeletedUser13838

Your guild pays double the goods to unlock level 4 and the guild gains a bit more than double the guild power of levels 1-3 combined if you complete it. On that basis it seems worth it. But if you're asking if the resources spent by players (troops goods etc) to complete level 4 is worth the rewards in battle points relics and chests, I'd say no.

DeletedUser25920

From the entirety of the levels with a lvl 3 ToR from chests to relics I received- 1 Sacred Sky watch (Lesser SoK) 1 tribal square (oasis) 4 ritual flames (lesser watchfire) 3 of the new decos.

With 2 varieties of decos now it seems you'll be receiving them at twice the rate.

Well I think that was relatively nice set of rewards (although I think the cost to get some of them by doing level 4 is too high)
I have level 6 ToR and I got:
6 silver relics: 3 of the new decos, 25 goods, and 2 x 2BP :(
1 Jade relic: Terrace farm

Also got one more GotSG (Gate of the Sun God), and a Tribal Square (aka Oasis) from chests.

No sacred Sky watch or Fountain of Youth for me this week :( And I am not doing level 4 again next week, way too costly. And I do not think our guild will unlock it again anyway, as the few people who tried it find too expensive for the possible rewards.

While I know it's all a matter of personal preference and shouldn't really be the deciding factor in this game I find these building and decos to be incredibly ugly and would only place them in my city if I am in absolute need of what they give or if the benefits outweigh the eye sore, such as Sacred sky watch and terrace farm.

Actually I quite like the design of these buildings, I think they are quite pretty and they obviously have the same theme/style. That is the only positive thing about these changes (the aesthetics of the new buildings). And for example, the SoK is the best building as far as its usefulness is concerned, but I also think it one of the ugliest :)

I think I may in the future have a GE-themed section in my city, where all these buildings are close to each other so they match aesthetically :) I already built one each of the deco's next to my ToR. I know they are going to be nerfed, but they are quite small and I will only have 1 of each, just because I like how they look :)

DeletedUser11463

I've done L4 on a couple of worlds and didn't complete all the way through. Overall, the prizes seem ok, but TOR BP's really gotta GO! Honestly, bad enough it was the 50% prize on L3 completion and they changed that thank goodness. On L4 it is a complete suck wind. I'd rather get coins - at least I can buy FP's with coins. Right now I can update my TOR another 5 or 6 levels. ENOUGH with the TOR BP's. If I ever need more I can get them from friends and guiidies. I realize some people still need them but those aren't normally the types of folks playing L4.

DeletedUser8420

ok I keep seeing word on upcoming nerf'ing on the new decos....WHICH ONES AND BY HOW MUCH!

This ner'fing has got to stop....enough already...if you bring it live after beta testing it should stay as given...