• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild Expedition- New Rewards

DeletedUser26965

...If it becomes the only way to be truly strategical from a GB perspective, or to sprint through tech to whip out a CC and pay for it, they will make more money. I can't even say I blame them, but I don't like this smoke screen pretending it's something it's not.

If we could just be a fly on the wall in the board rooms when they discuss this stuff ay? I question though if that's ultimately the motivation behind adding more fp's to the bar instead of packs. I think they just saw something they didn't like that they created and are trying to fix the problem slowly and gently, they created a monster and are trying to close Pandora's box so to speak. I think back to what darkstar said about fp's "being stockpiled into infinity". As facetious as that may seem and be easily dismissed by some I think that's what actually caught their attention and was what started them down the road of more fp's to bar instead of packs.

I think there's probably really only one type of player doing that fp stockpiling to such a degree as to catch their attention, the Arc levelers. I think by the time they were developing ToR and the 100fp prize came up for discussion they already knew Arc was the cause of most of the real stockpiling of fp's and didn't want to add to the problem so into the bar the fp's went. By then they couldn't really nerf Arc else they might upset some spendy customers so the decision was made to slow boil the player base into accepting fp's to bar first starting with ToR relic fp's and so on to what we see happening today.

Look what else darkstar said "...we think it's more understandable when there's only being one method of storing Forge Points - the Forge Points bar". It's kind of hard to imagine that being the case previous to the Arc/fp issue. I mean really if that's the philosophy then why ever have packs to begin with which have been part of the game since the beginning. Players have always stayed back in ages to build up gb's, players have always stayed behind for the recurring quests and those two types of players have always built up fp's packages along the way yet fp packages only became a problem recently and the only change in that time was the Arc and players power leveling them so I can't imagine it being anything other than that. It just took time for more and more players doing it and time to finally see the real massive stockpiling to the point to catch their attention so now it's a problem. At least that's my tinfoil hat guess anyway;)

Last edited by a moderator:

ITown

*My understanding is that the Motivation Kit, Mass Motivation Kit, Expedition Attempt (packs), One Up Kit, and Store Building Kit are all relics that are rewarded via the ToR. The latter two are specifically mentioned in the announcement, which still makes my previous assertion valid.
It makes sense to assert that there are 2 new relic prizes, not five. I know for a fact that expedition attempts were removed from relics on beta a couple weeks ago. I assume they removed motivation kits as well, since there's no reference in this announcement to them being available in relics.

DeletedUser28503

Guild Expeditions are by now a well-established and popular feature of Forge of Empires. We've put a lot of thought and love into those new additions, so please let us know how we did! We will be happy to read your opinions here in the Feedback Thread!

Your Forge of Empires Team
Your kidding right? At some point will someone please inform these goofballs how bad they messed up the battle system across the board. Because if I do it I will most likely get a lifetime ban for what I have to say.

DeletedUser27040

It makes sense to assert that there are 2 new relic prizes, not five. I know for a fact that expedition attempts were removed from relics on beta a couple weeks ago. I assume they removed motivation kits as well, since there's no reference in this announcement to them being available in relics.

My understanding was that they didn't remove them, but reduced their drop rate as numerous people were able to complete all 4 levels of the GE on the first day. The motivation kits were in the announcement, just not specifically stated as relics. Unless those came from encounter chests they will take up slots in the relic tables. Not trying to split hairs, but only lvl 4 of the GE goes over 100% everything else must remain below that cap, so lower odds of winning the most coveted relic drop.

ITown

My understanding was that they didn't remove them, but reduced their drop rate as numerous people were able to complete all 4 levels of the GE on the first day.
They were removed entirely from relics and the drop rate was lowered for attempts in chests.

The motivation kits were in the announcement, just not specifically stated as relics. Unless those came from encounter chests they will take up slots in the relic tables.
They ARE coming in chests.

Not trying to split hairs, but only lvl 4 of the GE goes over 100% everything else must remain below that cap, so lower odds of winning the most coveted relic drop.
And now you've lost me.

DeletedUser9433

If we could just be a fly on the wall in the board rooms when they discuss this stuff ay?
Inno Staff Member: "Hey, how can we screw with the players this month?"
Inno Supervisor: " Any ideas? One weeks paid leave to the best idea!
Inno Staff Member: " I suggest we start moving FP's won to the FP bar."
Inno Supervisor: "We have a winner!!" In fact this idea is so good we will be promoting you. Your new job title us Chief of pissing off the players.
Well we have done enough for today, so let's crash the servers for a few hours and go have a beer.

DeletedUser28503

Inno Staff Member: "Hey, how can we screw with the players this month?"
Inno Supervisor: " Any ideas? One weeks paid leave to the best idea!
Inno Staff Member: " I suggest we start moving FP's won to the FP bar."
Inno Supervisor: "We have a winner!!" In fact this idea is so good we will be promoting you. Your new job title us Chief of pissing off the players.
Well we have done enough for today, so let's crash the servers for a few hours and go have a beer.
I like how your mind works. I will do you one better. I snuck in and stole the office tapes at inno so we could be that fly on the wall. These are a little old and I will try to find some newer ones but for now enjoy. The guy in this video was our long lost friend anwar the gvg creator and last known inno developer who knew what he was doing, and sadly he passed away last year.

DeletedUser26759

I'm not a big fan of those extra attempts. Gotten three of them so far (in just my first 8 attempts) and the third one was met with a weary sigh. I was ready for a GE break after the 2nd.

Extra attempts are awful, motivation Kits are awful, and now we have two "premium" decorations to fill our inventories (Face of the Ancient & Gate of the Sun God) instead of one for each Age.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15855

Well, here's my complaint-of-the-day for Inno:

You removed the TOR prints as an option from the final battle of level 3 GE. YAY! Thanks for that. I won those prints 4 weeks in a row and it was getting ridiculous. Plus, by the time a guild's spent all the goods to unlock level 3, I think TOR prints are not what they're looking for.

Now, having done so well, you couldn't possibly keep it up. I powered-through all 3 levels today to get a peek at level 4. What do you suppose I got as my prize for the 4th battle of level 4? Yep. 2 TOR prints. What a kick in the crotch!

Why remove them from level 3 and then put them in level 4? If they suck in level 3, how much more do they suck in level 4? Good grief....

DeletedUser26965

Well, here's my complaint-of-the-day for Inno:

You removed the TOR prints as an option from the final battle of level 3 GE. YAY! Thanks for that. I won those prints 4 weeks in a row and it was getting ridiculous. Plus, by the time a guild's spent all the goods to unlock level 3, I think TOR prints are not what they're looking for.

Now, having done so well, you couldn't possibly keep it up. I powered-through all 3 levels today to get a peek at level 4. What do you suppose I got as my prize for the 4th battle of level 4? Yep. 2 TOR prints. What a kick in the crotch!

Why remove them from level 3 and then put them in level 4? If they suck in level 3, how much more do they suck in level 4? Good grief....
Wow, oh god they did?:eek: What were they thinking:confused: my god man, crazy

DeletedUser25196

Not happy with these new rewards at all. Every world I'm in I keep getting these blasted 2 additional attemps, so very very annoying and a total waste. On 2 of the worlds got them 3 times. If this is going to continue there will be no real point in going forward. Also have received the motivate one building twice. Not impressed at all.

LordLupin

Not happy with these new rewards at all. Every world I'm in I keep getting these blasted 2 additional attemps, so very very annoying and a total waste. On 2 of the worlds got them 3 times. If this is going to continue there will be no real point in going forward. Also have received the motivate one building twice. Not impressed at all.

I prefer get those items than coins..

DeletedUser25196

I prefer get those items than coins..
Actually have had quite a few of those also, meant to mention them too. Going to close down some cities - this was pretty much it for me. The tavern I liked but has become too much work and now this. Was enjoying it but now ... Will see how it goes before I decide if it's even a game I enjoy anymore.

DeletedUser26154

Every world I'm in I keep getting these blasted 2 additional attemps, so very very annoying and a total waste.

I'm going to disagree.
I would rather get additional attempts.
I use attack bonus Tavern Boosts when I play G.E.
Those are on timers and cost Tavern Silver.
Having additional attempts when I'm using the 30% attack boost means I get more use out of my boost.

download.jpg

I opine the Additional Attempts are better than coins, supplies or redundant blueprints.

DeletedUser26154

I opine the Additional Attempts are better than coins, supplies or redundant blueprints.

I'd like to add to this.
Some players run multiple cities.
It might work better for them to have the Additional Attempts.
They can do their G.E.s in a shorter amount of time.